he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Skygazer's Large Normal Review, April 2019

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:28 am

Post by implosion »

Skygazer wrote:forgot to send this info in:

Subject: Normal Queue Thread (Players and Mods)
Skygazer wrote:/in to mod a large normal, with the worst as a backup mod
Setup wrote:01 Town Innocent Child
02 Town Mason
03 Town Mason
04 Town Loud Babysitter
05 Town Disloyal Fruit Vendor
06 Town Motion Detector
07 Town Two-shot Neighborizer
08 Town Vanilla
09 Town Vanilla
10 Town Vanilla
11 Town Vanilla
12 Town Vanilla
13 Town Vanilla
14 Mafia Odd-Night Follower
15 Mafia Even-Night Voyeur
16 Mafia Goon
17 Mafia Goon
Role PMs wrote:
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Town Innocent Child.
Abilities:
At any point in time, you may tell me to publicly confirm your alignment in the game thread.
Win condition:
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

The game thread is [here]. Please send me a PM confirming your role and alignment.
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Town Mason.
Abilities:
At any point in time, you may talk to your mason partner, [Playername], [here]. You know them to be aligned with the town.
Win condition:
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

The game thread is [here]. Please send me a PM confirming your role and alignment.
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Town Loud Babysitter.
Abilities:
Each night you may select a player to babysit. They will be protected from a single kill. However, if you are killed, your target will die with you. The player you target will know that you visited them.
Win condition:

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Town Disloyal Fruit Vendor.
Abilities:
Each night you may attempt to send a player a fruit. If your target is not aligned with you, they will receive a fruit. If your target is town-aligned, the action will fail and no action will take place. You will not be informed of the action's success.
Win condition:

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Town Motion Detector.
Abilities:
Each night you may target a player to determine if they performed an action or had an action performed on them. You may receive one of three results: "motion detected," "no motion detected," or, if your action failed, "no result."
Win condition:

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Town Two-Shot Neighborizer.
Abilities:
Each night you may target a player to recruit them into your neighborhood, which can be accessed [here]. You may do this twice during the course of the game.
Win condition:

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Vanilla Townie.
Abilities:
You have no abilities other than your voice and your vote.
Win condition:

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia Odd-Night Follower.
Abilities:
Each odd-numbered night phase, you may investigate a player. This investigation will determine any actions performed by the player. Your result will list the actions if any were performed, state that no actions took place, or, if your action failed, state that you did not receive a result.
You share a private topic with your mafia partners. You may communicate with them at any time [here].
Your team has a factional night-kill. Each night your team can designate one teammate to perform this kill. You may not kill and investigate in the same night phase.
Win condition:
You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead (or when your factions controls half of the votes).

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia Even-Night Voyeur.
Abilities:
Each even-numbered night phase, you may investigate a player. This investigation will determine any actions performed on that player. Your result will list the actions if any were performed, state that no actions took place, or, if your action failed, state that you did not receive a result.
You share a private topic with your mafia partners. You may communicate with them at any time [here].
Your team has a factional night-kill. Each night your team can designate one teammate to perform this kill. You may not kill and investigate in the same night phase.
Win condition:
You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead (or when your factions controls half of the votes).

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia Goon.
Abilities:
Win condition:

Action Messages wrote:
IC reveal wrote:[Player Name] is now confirmed to be aligned with the town.
loud message wrote:Last night you were visited by [Player Name]!
first vend success wrote:Last night you received a banana!
second vend success wrote:Last night you received an apple!
third vend success wrote:Last night you received an orange!
fourth vend success wrote:Last night you received a peach!
yes motion wrote:After watching [Player Name], you have detected motion!
no motion wrote:After watching [Player Name], you did not detect any motion.
recruited neighbor wrote:You've been recruited into a neighborhood by [Player Name]! The neighborhood may be accessed [here].
follower1 wrote:You've determined that [Player Name] [babysat/vended fruit to/checked for motion on/neighborized] someone last night.
follower2 wrote:You did not see any actions performed by [Player Name].
voyeur1 wrote:You've determined that [Player Name] [was babysat by/received fruit from/was checked for motion by/was neighborized by] someone last night.
voyeur2 wrote:You did not see any actions performed on [Player Name].
Post #0 wrote:
Large Normal ####: Jazz Mafia

[jazz meme or something goes here]
Moderator: Skygazer
Back-up Moderator: the worst
Reviewers: ??? and ???

Player List:

Spoiler: Living Players
Everyone is alive!

Spoiler: Dead Players
None yet!

Spoiler: Events
None yet!
Post #1 wrote:
Rules, adapted from schadd_ who adapted them from Nexus.

Be nice. It's a game.

General:
- Please adhere to the site rules.
- Do not discuss this game of mafia outside of this thread.
- Day phases will last 2 weeks (or until a lynch is achieved).
- Night Phases will last 48 hours maximum. On any given night, if all players PM me that they are okay to speed up the night, it will end sooner.
- During night phase, no talking may be done in the thread.
- Do not quote PM's from the mod at all (real or fabricated). Paraphrasing is acceptable.
- If you have any questions about your role, or the game, feel free to PM me.
- "Bah" posts are not allowed.
- If you break any of these rules, you may be modkilled or force-replaced.

Voting / Player actions:
- Vote either with vote tags (VOTE: Skygazer) or with bold (
vote: Skygazer
). You may use nicknames and abbreviations if you wish, as long as it's unique to the player and I can figure out who you intended to vote.
- Don't try to confuse me with your votes.
- You may vote No Lynch to Not Lynch.
- A lynch will occur once a majority decision is reached. If no majority is reached by deadline, then no lynch shall occur.
- Following a lynch, it is twilight. You may continue to post until I lock the thread and declare it night.
- If nobody dies for 4 consecutive day and night phases, the town will win.
- If you have a Night Action, you may submit it from Night 1 and each subsequent Night (or whichever nights are specified by the role).
- If you have more than two night specific actions, you may only use one per night unless specified otherwise.

Activity:
- You are expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If you haven't posted for 48 hours, I shall prod you. If you do not respond to the prod within 24 hours (either in thread if it's Day, or via PM during the Night) then I will replace you.
- As well, if you require more than three prods, I will force-replace you.

Mechanics:
- 006688 is my color. Feel free to use it if you'd like! Just not to impersonate me or to mislead others.
- No impossible/hard to read text, or cryptography. For example, I would prefer that no font size smaller than the one you're reading now be used.
- I may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
- If you need to get the mod's attention, either PM me, or bold the text you wish to draw to my attention.
- I reserve the right to alter/remove/add any rules as I see fit. You will, of course, be notified if that happens, however.
- Day-talk is enabled.

Sample Role PMs:

Spoiler: Vanilla Townie
Abilities:
Win condition:

Spoiler: Mafia Goon
Abilities:
You share a private topic with your partners [Player Name] and [Player Name]. You may communicate with them at any time [here].
Your team has a factional night-kill. Each night your team can designate one teammate to perform this kill.
Win condition:

Last edited by implosion on Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:28 am

Post by implosion »

Primary: schadd_
Secondary: northsidegal
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:41 am

Post by Skygazer »

friends!!

so there's like 3 clears with the IC/Masons, potential for some soft innos/possibly one guilty with the disloyal fruit vendor. Beyond that there's some room for some problem solving with the motion detector come claim time and maybe some additional game solving potential if the neighborizer hits PRs/is good at reading based on interaction.

I'm worried it's townsided? And I'm also concerned that the scum PRs are kinddddd of incompatible with the motion detector when it comes to claiming? idk
i have the most queues
replacement queue | upick queue
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:46 am

Post by Skygazer »

I don't think it's townsided because there's nothing that's ridiculously powerful but I've been away for a while and am still new to game design which is why im worried about it
i have the most queues
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:23 pm

Post by northsidegal »

jsl;kadjfh hi

follower / voyeur don't work that way, they give category names instead of the role name, you can find the categories here
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:31 pm

Post by implosion »

tbh that'd make a damn lot more sense :X

but yeah she's correct lol
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:18 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Oh sorry! I must've missed that on the wiki. Lemme think it over because I'm not too attached to the scum roles atm. Would this mean if they happened to catch a neighborization they'd just see "so and so had a miscellaneous action performed on them."?
i have the most queues
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:22 pm

Post by implosion »

yep.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:00 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Okay, for the scum team lets do:

odd-night role cop
2-shot alien
goon
goon

I'll update the roles/messages/etc later tonight!

It'd be more in line with what I was imagining power wise and add some slight utility.
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:47 pm

Post by Skygazer »

02 Town Mason
03 Town Mason
04 Town Loud Babysitter
06 Town Motion Detector
07 Town Two-shot Neighborizer
08 Town Vanilla
09 Town Vanilla
10 Town Vanilla
11 Town Vanilla
12 Town Vanilla
13 Town Vanilla
14 Mafia Odd-Night Role Cop
15 Mafia 2-shot Alien
16 Mafia Goon
17 Mafia Goon
Role PMs wrote:
Abilities:
At any point in time, you may tell me to publicly confirm your alignment in the game thread.
Win condition:

Abilities:
At any point in time, you may talk to your mason partner, [Playername], [here]. You know them to be aligned with the town.
Win condition:

Abilities:
Each night you may select a player to babysit. They will be protected from a single kill. However, if you are killed, your target will die with you. The player you target will know that you visited them.
Win condition:

Abilities:
Each night you may attempt to send a player a fruit. If your target is not aligned with you, they will receive a fruit. If your target is town-aligned, the action will fail and no action will take place. You will not be informed of the action's success.
Win condition:

Abilities:
Each night you may target a player to determine if they performed an action or had an action performed on them. You may receive one of three results: "motion detected," "no motion detected," or, if your action failed, "no result."
Win condition:

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Town Two-Shot Neighborizer.
Abilities:
Each night you may target a player to recruit them into your neighborhood, which can be accessed [here]. You may do this twice during the course of the game.
Win condition:

Abilities:
Win condition:

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia Odd-Night Role Cop.
Abilities:
Each odd-numbered night phase, you may investigate a player to determine their role.
Win condition:

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia 2-shot Alien.
Abilities:
During the night phase, you may target another player. Any actions taken by this player will fail, as will any actions targeting them.
Win condition:

Abilities:
Win condition:

Action Messages wrote:
first vend success wrote:Last night you received a banana!
second vend success wrote:Last night you received an apple!
third vend success wrote:Last night you received an orange!
fourth vend success wrote:Last night you received a peach!
motion detector aliened wrote:Last night you received no results.
recruited neighbor wrote:You've been recruited into a neighborhood by [Player Name]! The neighborhood may be accessed [here].
rolecop wrote:You determined that [Player Name] is a [role]!
rolecop aliened (this rlly shouldnt happen hopefully) wrote:Last night you received no results.
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:48 pm

Post by Skygazer »

alien really isn't doing much here huh
i have the most queues
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:53 pm

Post by northsidegal »

not really

could work as a false clear if mafia aliens themselves and FV targets the same person but i think that's like one in a million

i think that might be fine? i don't think this setup as is currently is one where scum needs much power
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:25 pm

Post by schadd_ »

hi i'm gfuck uh sorry uh i'm hhrrgghht sorry did i miss anything
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: shaft.ed

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:28 pm

Post by schadd_ »

its not townsided
free darius mccollum

Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:26 am

Post by Skygazer »

schadd!!

is it scum sided :x
i have the most queues
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:31 am

Post by schadd_ »

i think motion detector is even weaker than usual in large games because of the role entropy and whatnot

i'm unaware of precedent for fruit vendor giving a whole variety pack like that but the nice thing about having implosion in your PT is that he can just figure that out

disloyal fruit vendor..... hrnmg...... the thing about that is that if scum receives fruit it's either from a regular fruit vendor or a disloyal fruit vendor. i think it's already more or less normal for people not to announce fruit receipt immediately; if a scum receives fruit and decides either to proceed as though they didn't receive it or quietly wait until they have an idea of what the fruit vendor is, that's a false inno, of sorts. also, if it claims, flips, gets rolecopped, etc., it becomes useless (unlike loyal/weak counterparts), people won't trust its innos, and alien messes it up. i think it's about as strong or maybe a little weaker than something like a tracker here and has the same sort of uncertainty.

comparing to my recently completed large normal 218 setup (which i will synthesize NRG opinion to say is about even) this setup swaps out 2 jailkeepers & a 2-shot gunsmith for a kind-of-weak protective (which can maybe look town from its targets), a kind-of-weak investigative and a very weak investigative i'd call this scumsided by something like 1-1.5 full PRs

loud babysitter seems neat and worth keeping unchanged

scaling up two of {neighborizer, motion detector, dfv} to a bigger power role would probably put this at even (may i suggest as an example: neighborizer becomes ungated and loyal). i'd advise against any fewer VTs
free darius mccollum

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:37 am

Post by implosion »

standard is "a piece of fruit" i think. Letting the player specify the fruit is bad because it lets them communicate info on who they are, and you specifying fruit is risky bc the target might think that it was the vendor that chose it.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:57 am

Post by Skygazer »

Oh hi I'm here, work has been chaos,, is it okay if i,,, plagiarize that role??

01 Town Innocent Child
02 Town Mason
03 Town Mason
04 Town Loud Babysitter
06 Town Tracker
07 Town Loyal Neighborizer
08 Town Vanilla
09 Town Vanilla
10 Town Vanilla
11 Town Vanilla
12 Town Vanilla
13 Town Vanilla
15 Mafia 2-shot Alien
16 Mafia Goon
17 Mafia Goon
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:58 am

Post by Skygazer »

motion detector -> tracker
and took the neighborizer suggestion
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:59 am

Post by Skygazer »

will update everything else including the fruit stuff when i get off work late late tonight
i have the most queues
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:23 am

Post by schadd_ »

ok u know what suddenly this feels strong for town especially because tracker is useful against rolecop and alien and alien will probably have to hit the neighborizer once or twice

id pass with tracker back to md or something like that
free darius mccollum

Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:26 am

Post by Skygazer »

01 Town Innocent Child
02 Town Mason
03 Town Mason
04 Town Loud Babysitter
06 Town Motion Detector
08 Town Vanilla
09 Town Vanilla
10 Town Vanilla
11 Town Vanilla
12 Town Vanilla
13 Town Vanilla
15 Mafia 2-shot Alien
16 Mafia Goon
17 Mafia Goon

for now
i have the most queues
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:33 am

Post by schadd_ »

looks good!

scum has to mislynch 5 out of the 8.5ish people represented by the pool of {6 vt, md, dfv, babysitter (difficult), loyal nz (very difficult)}. rolecop + alien is good against babysitter & loyal neighborizer but also town has a bunch of random invests
free darius mccollum

Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:37 am

Post by Skygazer »

02 Town Mason
03 Town Mason
04 Town Loud Babysitter
06 Town Motion Detector
08 Town Vanilla
09 Town Vanilla
10 Town Vanilla
11 Town Vanilla
12 Town Vanilla
13 Town Vanilla
15 Mafia 2-shot Alien
16 Mafia Goon
17 Mafia Goon
Role PMs wrote:
Abilities:
Win condition:

Abilities:
Win condition:

Abilities:
Win condition:

Abilities:
Win condition:

Abilities:
Win condition:

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Town Loyal Neighborizer.
Abilities:
Each night you may target a player to recruit them into your neighborhood, which can be accessed [here]. This action will only succeed if your target is town.
Win condition:

Abilities:
Win condition:

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia Odd-Night Role Cop.
Abilities:
Each odd-numbered night phase, you may investigate a player to determine their role.
Win condition:

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia 2-shot Alien.
Abilities:
During the night phase, you may target another player. Any actions taken by this player will fail, as will any actions targeting them.
Win condition:

Abilities:
Win condition:

Action Messages wrote:
vend success wrote:Last night you received a fruit!
motion detector aliened wrote:Last night you received no results.
rolecop wrote:You determined that [Player Name] is a [role]!
rolecop aliened (this rlly shouldnt happen hopefully) wrote:Last night you received no results.
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:24 am