Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:42 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Like, scum lynch D1 could be auto, even with N1 MD. Neighborizer gets a clear, MD gets a clear, people trust both claims because setup spec, game over.

This is why I brought up traffic analyst before :P Maybe you could make it a 1-shot combined neighborizer traffic analyst although I think NAR says that would always get a guilty :lol:
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:52 am

Post by Skygazer »

I feel like a guilty is less damning than it actually is tho esp w/ the visitor causing more confusion and the potential for a smart fakeclaim if scum gets caught? i feel like it works out to a one-shot cop and a weaker tracker plus some tracker entropy, and cop/tracker is considered balanced against rolecop in newbies so i feel like it works out :P

i managed to convince a p decent town that a one-shot loyal neighborizer could be a multitasking scum neighborizer so i'm not entirelyyyy sure the neighborizer is unlynchable here either but thats just from one experience :p
i have the most queues
replacement queue | upick queue
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:56 am

Cop tracker vs rolecop is one of the worse newbie setups ngl. And I'm not worried about MD guilties, I'm worried about MD clears. (Although I don't think town will ever let an MD guilty live to endgame if they didn't claim ahead of time.)
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:00 am

I guess I'd be okay with reducing the MD to N1, given that the autowin scenario is pretty unlikely and requires scum to play really badly.

But I really don't like D1 town lynch, D2 scum lynch, D3 town has a cop clear and tracker clear and autowins. I want to prevent that.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:05 am

Post by Skygazer »

hrmmmmmmmmmm

would

night 1 loyal neighborizer
night 2 traffic analyst
5 VTs

encryptor
goon

do the trick? that can give like a n1 result and a bonus n2 result if the game is about to enter 5p lylo

ig i could work w n1 MD as well
i have the most queues
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:09 am

That's interesting. A ton of negative feedback because the TA is useless if a scum is dead and almost useless if no scum is dead but the masons are still alive.

I think communication between the neighborizer and their target is pretty important here, though, so you may just want to ditch the encryptor and go full daytalk.

Or add a town encryptor. That would be spicy, actually.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:16 am

Post by Skygazer »

omg i wonder how interesting the game could get if i removed the loyal modifier and left it as an ungated neighborizer but kept daytalk disabled

and had a setup along the lines of

town neighborizer
town traffic analyst
town encryptor
VT x 4
scum encryptor
scum goon
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:18 am

Post by Skygazer »

by the time this review is over i'll have like 10 setups that r vaguely balanced w slight flaws :P
i have the most queues
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:19 am

Oh man, now I really want to make the goon an encryptor.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:20 am

That's too good for town though.

It may be townsided even without it. May want to duck the traffic analyst back to one-shot.

Actually maybe you could pull off making the traffic analyst N2 and the goon an encryptor.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:21 am

In post 82, Skygazer wrote:by the time this review is over i'll have like 10 setups that r vaguely balanced w slight flaws :P
Yeah no kidding. This has to be one of my favorite reviews of all time.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:23 am

Post by Skygazer »

town neighborizer
town N2 traffic analyst
town encryptor
VT x 4
scum encryptor
scum encryptor

if neighborizer gets that guilty then they get killed the next night anyways

and this kinda eliminates the double guilty thing
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:24 am

Post by Skygazer »

does traffic analyst resolve before or after neighborizer?
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:25 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 87, Skygazer wrote:does traffic analyst resolve before or after neighborizer?
natural action resolution says after
i have the most queues
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:31 am

Yeah after I think.

Town encryptor claims and probably gets townlocked after a scumflip, but one scum can also claim encryptor and it may be believed. With two encryptors scum will be neighborizer hunting from D1.

It's unlikely for both scum to be guiltied, and if they are, both guilties come out in LYLO.

It's probably a bit townsided, but honestly I think it will be fun and that outweighs that. If scum get neighborized N1 they can counterclaim a guilty on the neighborizer if they get to the thread first, etc etc.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:35 am

Post by Skygazer »

i also think having a town encryptor mayyyy possibly slight plausible deniability to one of the other encryptors as well !

i feel like there's def some room for scum to wiggle their way out such as "well one of the 'clears' could just be a goon!" or something like that and i could even see town me arriving there tbh
i have the most queues
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:38 am

Yeah, the neighborized non-encryptors won't be cleared. The scum encryptors WILL have to explain why they didn't claim D1, though they can still get out of that.

RC it is time for your voice of reason to check our silliness ;)
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:27 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 86, Skygazer wrote:town neighborizer
town N2 traffic analyst
town encryptor
VT x 4
scum encryptor
scum encryptor

if neighborizer gets that guilty then they get killed the next night anyways

and this kinda eliminates the double guilty thing
i can't pass this, this is very silly
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:20 pm

What do you find unacceptable about it?
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:48 pm

Post by Skygazer »

shelving that idea and probably running it as a theme rather than a normal at some point;
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:50 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Setup wrote:01 Town 1-shot Loyal Neighborizer
02 Town 1-shot Motion Detector
03 Town Visitor
04 Town Vanilla
05 Town Vanilla
06 Town Vanilla
07 Town Vanilla
08 Mafia Encryptor
09 Mafia Goon
Role PMs wrote:
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Town 1-shot Loyal Neighborizer.
Abilities:
Once per game, on any night, you may recruit a player into a neighborhood. This action will fail if your target is not town. Your neighborhood may be found [here], and will open upon successful recruitment.
Win condition:
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

The game thread is [here]. Please send me a PM confirming your role and alignment.
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Town Motion Detector.
Abilities:
Once per game, on any night, you may target a player to determine if they performed an action or had an action performed on them. You may receive one of three results: "motion detected," "no motion detected," or, if your action failed, "no result."
Win condition:
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

The game thread is [here]. Please send me a PM confirming your role and alignment.
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Town Visitor.
Abilities:
Each night you may choose to visit another player. This visit will have no effect on your target beyond visiting that player.
Win condition:

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Vanilla Townie.
Abilities:
You have no abilities other than your voice and your vote.
Win condition:

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia Encryptor.
Abilities:
While you are alive, you and your partner may talk during the day.
You share a private topic with [Playername], a Mafia Goon. You may communicate with them at any time [here].
Your team has a factional night-kill. Each night your team can designate one teammate to perform this kill.
Win condition:
You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead (or when your factions controls half of the votes).

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia Goon.
Abilities:
You share a private topic with [Playername], a Mafia Encryptor. You may communicate with them at any time [here].
Your team has a factional night-kill. Each night your team can designate one teammate to perform this kill.
Win condition:
You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead (or when your factions controls half of the votes).

Action Messages wrote:
Neighborization wrote:You were recruited into a neighborhood by [player]! You may talk in this neighborhood at night [here].
MD Result wrote:Last night after investigating [player] you [detected motion]/[did not detect motion].
Post #0 wrote:
Micro ####: Danny DeVito Mafia

[Danny DeVito pic goes here]
[game phase goes here]
Moderator: Skygazer
Reviewers: ??? and ???

Player List:

Spoiler: Reveals
None yet!
Post #1 wrote:
Rules, adapted from schadd_ who adapted them from Nexus.

Be nice. It's a game.

General:
- Please adhere to the site rules.
- Do not discuss this game of mafia outside of this thread.
- Day phases will last 10 days (or until a lynch is achieved).
- Night Phases will last 48 hours maximum. On any given night, if all players PM me that they are okay to speed up the night, it will end sooner.
- During night phase, no talking may be done in the thread.
- Do not quote PM's from the mod at all (real or fabricated). Paraphrasing is acceptable.
- If you have any questions about your role, or the game, feel free to PM me.
- "Bah" posts are not allowed.
- Don't publicly talk about potentially replacing out, and don't publicly request for other players to replace out. If you have an issue that may need to be resolved through a replacement, please feel free to bring it up privately with me!
- If you break any of these rules, you may be modkilled (only with a listmod's blessing) or force-replaced.

Voting / Player actions:
- Vote either with vote tags (VOTE: Skygazer) or with bold (
vote: Skygazer
). You may use nicknames and abbreviations if you wish, as long as it's unique to the player and I can figure out who you intended to vote.
- Don't try to confuse me with your votes.
- You may vote No Lynch to Not Lynch.
- A lynch will occur once a majority decision is reached. If no majority is reached by deadline, then no lynch shall occur.
- Following a lynch, it is twilight. You may continue to post until I lock the thread and declare it night.
- If nobody dies for 4 consecutive day and night phases, the town will win.
- If you have a Night Action, you may submit it from Night 1 and each subsequent Night (or whichever nights are specified by the role).
- If you have more than one night specific actions, you may only use one per night unless specified otherwise.

Activity:
- You are expected make a game-state advancing post at least once every 48 hours. If you haven't posted for 48 hours, I shall prod you. If you do not respond to the prod within 24 hours (either in thread if it's Day, or via PM during the Night) then I will replace you.
- As well, if you require more than two prods, I will force-replace you.

Mechanics:
- 006688 is my color. Feel free to use it if you'd like! Just not to impersonate me or to mislead others.
- No impossible/hard to read text, or cryptography. For example, I would prefer that no font size smaller than the one you're reading now be used.
- I may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
- If you need to get the mod's attention, either PM me, or bold the text you wish to draw to my attention.
- I reserve the right to alter/remove/add any rules as I see fit. You will, of course, be notified if that happens, however.
- This is a normal game and follows normal guidelines.
- Day-talk is not active barring the existence of an encryptor.

Sample Role PMs:

Spoiler: Vanilla Townie
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Vanilla Townie.
Abilities:
You have no abilities other than your voice and your vote.
Win condition:

Spoiler: Mafia Win Condition
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:52 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Made Motion Detector 1-shot to add a sort of risk-reward thing to claiming their shot, is that any more balanced?
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:53 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 96, Skygazer wrote:Made Motion Detector 1-shot to add a sort of risk-reward thing to claiming their shot, is that any more balanced?
*using their shot
i have the most queues
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:57 pm

That's probably fine, it's likely MD will use their shot N1 unless they really think they'll survive to D3.

I do like that other idea though :P I'll sign off as your reviewer if you run it as a theme, but I guess if you actually want to we gotta keep this topic closed until then.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:38 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

That other setup is not whata player joining the normal queue expects a normal game to be.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”