VT
VT
VT
VT

Mafia Traitor Rolecop
Mafia Informed Visitor
Mafia Informed Visitor
Mafia Macho
Man, you really like hardclears, don't you. 3 masons + IC + tracker will likely be cleared + vig + God knows how many loyal FV clears. I think this setup would be won or lost entirely on how good scum are at killing PR's.

I would recommend you remove some of the hardclearing roles and replace them with ones that muddy the waters a bit. I wouldn't recommend you make all three of these changes, but one or two of them might be cool:
Loyal Fruit Vendor -> Loyal Simple Fruit Vendor
Macho IC -> Macho N3 IC or Macho N4 IC
Weak Vigilante -> Disloyal Weak Vigilante

Just some changes to make these roles more strategic, situation dependent, and possible to play around for scum. If you have any other ideas feel free to bring them up, ideally we can get the setup to a place we both like without having tons of confirmed town.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:07 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I didn’t think Night stuff was normal.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:07 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I was trying to give town more power uh lol
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:17 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Town Backup Tracker Neighbor
Town Disloyal Complex Fruit Vendor
Town Loyal Simple Fruit Vendor
Town Macho
Town Macho N3 Innocent Child
Town Mason Ascetic
Town Mason Voyeur
Town Mason Mailman
Town Macho Watcher
Town Tracker
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT

Mafia Traitor Rolecop Neighbor
Mafia Informed Visitor
Mafia Informed Visitor
Mafia Macho
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:22 am

Post by Something_Smart »

You should check this out, it will tell you what is and isn't normal.

I agree that, from the earlier version, town needed more power, but I think the power needs to be more subtle and ambiguous than loyal fruit vendor (which is basically cop) and weak vig (which is only a bit less strong than regular vig, which is insane in a large).

Pedit: this was written before I saw the most recent draft. Let me check it out.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:32 am

I just always thought disloyal fruit vendor was such a rude role, to be honest. It's like a cop, but with the extra added humiliation of being complicit in guiltying yourself, and it's paranoia inducing if you get an inno.

A Disloyal role like that can only get guilties, but town already has two trackers and a watcher that can get guilties but not innocents. I don't think it's necessary.

That said, I would approve of you changing it to a disloyal simple fruit vendor, something which can confirm a player isn't a mafia goon but in this setup can't actually get a guilty. It combos nicely with tracker seeing someone go nowhere. I think, with that change, town will have about the right amount of power.

Also, I don't know if this is something you'd want to change, but it would be interesting to make the scum informed visitor who knows about private communication into a traffic analyst. Obviously they will then know about private communication without even needing to be informed, and they can catch the masons but they can also catch their own traitor by accident.

I'm not saying you have to-- suggest a setup you like, of course-- but if you did make those two changes, I would pass it.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:28 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I’ll go for this disloyal simple change. Wanna keep both informed visitors.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:38 am

Visitor is still way less useful to scum than an actual visiting role would be, since those can also be seen by trackers/watchers, obviously. I definitely think scum need something to help them deal with the masons, because with all the potential craziness I'm afraid of all three of them living until pretty late and making it unwinnable for scum. Maybe just turn the mason voyeur into a regular voyeur? Would you be opposed to that?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:59 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I’d be down for that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:29 am

Town Backup Tracker Neighbor
Town Disloyal Simple Fruit Vendor
Town Loyal Simple Fruit Vendor
Town Macho
Town Macho N3 Innocent Child
Town Mason Ascetic
Town Mason Mailman
Town Voyeur
Town Macho Watcher
Town Tracker
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT

Mafia Traitor Rolecop Neighbor
Mafia Informed Visitor (there are players who can privately communicate, other than in the mafia PT)
Mafia Informed Visitor (there is a town watcher)
Mafia Macho

I officially approve this setup.
However, if you don't mind, I would like to see the role PM's just to double-check that you explained all the modifiers and stuff correctly.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:07 pm

Post by Performer »

I like this setup as well and would like to see the role pms
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:52 am

Any update on the role PM's?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:59 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Will be getting to this today! Sorry about the delay.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:02 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Welcome, ____, to Large Normal 223. Your role is Vanilla Townie.

You have no special powers.

You win when all mafia members are dead and at least one town member remains alive. The game thread is HERE.

Welcome, ____, to Large Normal 223. Your role is Town Tracker.

Once, at night, you may investigate a player to find out whom they targeted with a night action, if anyone.

You win when all mafia members are dead and at least one town member remains alive. The game thread is HERE.

Welcome, ____, to Large Normal 223. Your role is Town Voyeur.

Once, at night, you may investigate a player to learn what actions were performed on them, but not whom targeted them.

Welcome, ____, to Large Normal 223. Your role is Town Macho Watcher.

Once, at night, you may investigate a player to learn who targeted them, but not what actions were performed on them. You cannot be protect by kills in any way.

Welcome, ____, to Large Normal 223. Your role is Town Mason Mailman.

You share a private thread with [], a Mason Ascetic. You may talk to them HERE at any time. You know them to be aligned with the town.

Each night, you may send me a message to be sent to any living player. The player will not know that you sent the message, but will know it came from a mailman.

Welcome, ____, to Large Normal 223. Your role is Town Mason Ascetic.

You share a private thread with [], a Mason Mailman. You may talk to them HERE at any time. You know them to be aligned with the town.

Any non-killing action that will target you will fail.

Welcome, ____, to Large Normal 223. Your role is Town Macho N3 Innocent Child.

You cannot be protected by kills in anyway. At the end of Night 3, you will be publicly confirmed to be aligned with the Town.

Welcome, ____, to Large Normal 223. Your role is Town Macho.

You cannot be protected by kills in any way.

Welcome, ____, to Large Normal 223. Your role is Town Loyal Simple Fruit Vendor.

Once, during the night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will be told they received fruit (but not who sent it). This action will be blocked if used on a player who does not belong to your faction and isn’t vanilla.

Welcome, ____, to Large Normal 223. Your role is Town Disloyal Simple Fruit Vendor.

Once, during the night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will be told they received fruit (but not who sent it). This action will be blocked if used on a player who belongs to the same faction as you and isn’t vanilla.

Welcome, ____, to Large Normal 223. Your role is Town Backup Tracker Neighbor

If a tracker dies during the game, you will become a tracker.

If you become a tracker, once, at night, you may investigate a player to find out whom they targeted with a night action, if anyone.

You are part of a neighborhood [HERE], in which you may talk at any time while you are alive.

Welcome, ____, to Large Normal 223. Your role is Mafia Traitor Rolecop Neighbor

You are a Mafia Traitor. The remainder of your scumteam is A, B, C. If you are the last remaining member of your scumteam, you will be endgamed by town.

Once, during the night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will learn that player's role.

You are part of a neighborhood [HERE], in which you may talk at any time while you are alive.

You win when either mafia control half the vote during a Day phase or when all townies are dead, or nothing can prevent one of these scenarios from happening.

Welcome, ____, to Large Normal 223. Your role is Mafia Informed Visitor.

Each night phase, you may visit a player in the game, but this will have no effect beyond visiting that player. You are informed that there are players who can privately communicate, other than in the mafia PT.

You win when either mafia control half the vote during a Day phase or when all townies are dead, or nothing can prevent one of these scenarios from happening.

Welcome, ____, to Large Normal 223. Your role is Mafia Informed Visitor.

Each night phase, you may visit a player in the game, but this will have no effect beyond visiting that player. You are informed that there is a town watcher.

Welcome, ____, to Large Normal 223. Your role is Mafia Macho.

You cannot be protected by kills in any way.

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:23 pm

Post by implosion »

Some notes:

Various roles say "Once, at night" even though they aren't one-shot roles.

Macho text should be "You cannot be protected
from
kills in any way" (rather than "by")

Disloyal simple fruit vendor should say "This action will be blocked if used on a player who belongs to the same faction as you,
or
who isn’t vanilla" rather than and (or it should be rephrased generally to be clearer that the action will fail when targeting either category of player). Same change for loyal simple fruit vendor.

The mafia should be told that they have a traitor (but not who that traitor is).

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”