Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Skygazer's mini normal review, July 2019

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:15 pm

Post by implosion »

Skygazer wrote:
Skygazer wrote:/in to mod a mini
In the unlikely event this fills up before the 29th, I'm acting mod for Micc's Mini and I'm unsure as to whether or not that would affect things in terms of modding limits. In the extremely unlikely event this fills up tomorrow night, I'm acting mod for Ircher's micro and probably shouldn't be actively modding 5 games lmao.
The Setup wrote:Town 1-shot Simple Vig
Town Motion Detector
Town Miller
VT x 5
Mafia Multitasking 1-shot Visitor
Informed Mafioso (you know that there is a motion detector)
The Explanation wrote:1-shot Simple Vig either brings the game to odd numbers and confirms themselves as town or gets what amounts to a simple cop result, potentially forcing scum to fakeclaim.
Motion Detector is the main investigative, potentially clearing other players after one scum is dead, but it can't get a firm guilty.
Miller acts as a named townie; this was originally an innocent child but I feel like a role functioning as a named townie is better considering the vig can clear themselves and the MD has clearing potential.

Multitasking 1-shot Visitor gets a chance to potentially mess with the motion detector result and deny them of a clear.
Informed Mafioso gives scum the info they need to potentially know how to use the visitor shot.
Role PMs wrote:
#player1Hello! You are a
Town 1-shot Simple Vig

Abilities:

At night, you may target a player with an attempted kill. This action will only succeed if your target is a Vanilla Townie or a Mafia Goon. You may only use this ability once.

Win Condition:

You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

The game thread is here. Please send me a PM confirming your role and alignment.

#player2Hello! You are a
Town Motion Detector

Abilities:

Each night you may target a player to determine if they performed an action or had an action performed on them. You may receive one of three results: "motion detected," "no motion detected," or, if your action failed, "no result."

Win Condition:

You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

The game thread is here. Please send me a PM confirming your role and alignment.

#player3Hello! You are a
Town Miller

Abilities:

Any cops investigating you will receive a "guilty" result.

Win Condition:

#player4Hello! You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

You have no abilities other than your voice and your vote.

Win Condition:

#player5Hello! You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

Win Condition:

#player6Hello! You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

Win Condition:

#player7Hello! You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

Win Condition:

#player8Hello! You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

Win Condition:

#player9Hello! You are a

Abilities:

At night, you may target a player to visit them. This visit will have no effect on your target beyond visiting that player. You may use this ability and your factional kill at the same time, but you may only use this ability once.
You share a private topic with #player10, an Informed Mafioso. You may communicate with them at any time here.
Your team has a factional night-kill. Each night your team can designate one teammate to perform this kill.

Win Condition:

You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead (or when your factions controls half of the votes).

#player10Hello! You are a
Informed Mafioso

Abilities:

You know that there is a Motion Detector in this game. This information will be redacted from your flip if you die.
You share a private topic with #player9, a Mafia Multitasking 1-shot Visitor. You may communicate with them at any time here.
Your team has a factional night-kill. Each night your team can designate one teammate to perform this kill.

Win Condition:

You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead (or when your factions controls half of the votes).

Result PMs wrote:Last night, after investigating [player], you ([detected motion]/[detected no motion]).
Post #0 wrote:
Mini Normal #### - Electronic Music Mafia

[song goes here]
[pre-game]
Moderator: Skygazer
Reviewers: ??? and ???

Player List:

Spoiler: Reveals
Why did you click this? This is a review thread!
Post #1 wrote:
Rules, adapted from schadd_ who adapted them from Nexus.

Be nice. It's a game.

General:
- Please adhere to the site rules.
- Do not discuss this game of mafia outside of this thread.
- Day phases will last 10 days (or until a lynch is achieved).
- Night Phases will last 48 hours maximum. On any given night, if all players PM me that they are okay to speed up the night, it will end sooner.
- During night phase, no talking may be done in the thread.
- Do not quote PM's from the mod at all (real or fabricated). Paraphrasing is acceptable.
- If you have any questions about your role, or the game, feel free to PM me.
- "Bah" posts are not allowed.
- Don't publicly talk about potentially replacing out, and don't publicly request for other players to replace out. If you have an issue that may need to be resolved through a replacement, please feel free to bring it up privately with me!
- If you break any of these rules, you may be modkilled (only with a listmod's blessing) or force-replaced.

Voting / Player actions:
- Vote either with vote tags (VOTE: Skygazer) or with bold (
vote: Skygazer
). You may use nicknames and abbreviations if you wish, as long as it's unique to the player and I can figure out who you intended to vote.
- Don't try to confuse me with your votes.
- You may vote No Lynch to Not Lynch.
- A lynch will occur once a majority decision is reached. If no majority is reached by deadline, then no lynch shall occur.
- Following a lynch, it is twilight. You may continue to post until I lock the thread and declare it night.
- If nobody dies for 4 consecutive day and night phases, the town will win.
- If you have a Night Action, you may submit it from Night 1 and each subsequent Night (or whichever nights are specified by the role).
- If you have more than one night specific actions, you may only use one per night unless specified otherwise.

Activity:
- You are expected make a game-state advancing post at least once every 48 hours. If you haven't posted for 48 hours, I shall prod you. If you do not respond to the prod within 24 hours (either in thread if it's Day, or via PM during the Night) then I will replace you.
- As well, if you require more than two prods, I will force-replace you.

Mechanics:
- 006688 is my color. Feel free to use it if you'd like! Just not to impersonate me or to mislead others.
- No impossible/hard to read text, or cryptography. For example, I would prefer that no font size smaller than the one you're reading now be used.
- I may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
- If you need to get the mod's attention, either PM me, or bold the text you wish to draw to my attention.
- I reserve the right to alter/remove/add any rules as I see fit. You will, of course, be notified if that happens, however.
- This is a normal game and follows normal guidelines.
- Day-talk is enabled for all private topics.

Sample Role PMs:

Spoiler: Vanilla Townie
SkygazerHello! You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

Win Condition:

Spoiler: Mafia Win Condition
Last edited by implosion on Fri May 08, 2020 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:16 pm

Post by implosion »

Primary: schadd_
Secondary: RadiantCowbells
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:19 pm

Post by Skygazer »

roast me
i have the most queues
replacement queue | upick queue
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:00 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Seems like a hard game for town to win.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:02 am

Post by Skygazer »

Lemme dig into this more; There's like a 50%ish chance that the vig kills off a scummy townie and clears themselves which are both good things. There's a 25%ish chance that they hit scum and have the potential to force them into a claim or catch them in a VT lie. There's a 25%ish chance that they hit a PR (probably less considering the Miller claim won't be shot at?) but that's better than shooting the investigative. Basically they're acting as a clear or a 1-shot vanilla cop.

I think the miller is kind of a hard to lynch role historically but I'd be open to making them an IC? Or friendly neighbor? I'm just worried because the motion detector can get additional clears if scum is lynched and the vig can potentially clear themselves as well.

I feel like the MD can get some pretty useful results but maybe removing the 1-shot visitor would make the town stronger too.
i have the most queues
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:50 am

Post by schadd_ »

shooting miller claim is a good idea - doesn't result in a kill if they're town (Well) and if they're scum it's a risky play for a PR

with a VT shot: regular micro with slightly townier players on average, IC + nerfed motion detector as town power - slightly scumsided, i usually use newbie setup as comparison and this is harder than tracker + 1bp vs. goons which was already hard

with a maf shot: 10p with a not-vanilla result on scum & nerfed motion detector. very hard for town, 10p isn't really much different from 9p ultimately but i think its still harder than if a VT is shot imo which is something you don't want for a vig

town PR shot is probably harder yet though maybe a non-vanilla result on a claimed miller is useful. agree with rcs judgement here. i think full simple vig and/or stack the inform + the visitor on one mafian so that a goon can be shot would be good considerations (the latter results in a really long role name Mafia Informed Multitasking 1-Shot Visitor but who gives a heck. multitasking is important to keep there)
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: Balki B

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:45 am

Just replace Miller with IC if you want a simple change imo
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:47 am

Post by schadd_ »

that would also be great

my only gripe would be how vig would rather shoot VT than mafia here
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: Balki B

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:41 pm

yea i don't like that either.

what about IC + disloyal 1-shot vig
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:39 am

Post by Skygazer »

IC + disloyal simple 1-shot vig + motion detector? don't like the disloyal vig yeeting an IC for being scummy when a lot of ICs tend to play scummy
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:53 am

Post by Skygazer »

or even
potentially
remove the 1-shot because they might misfire and not confirm themselves

it basically screams "if you hit a scummy vt you get to confirm yourself as town and bring the game to odd numbers"

i just realized this is also a neap that kills their clears but can clear themselves through that kill
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:26 am

Post by Skygazer »

any thots?
i have the most queues
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:47 pm

you mean besides you
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:06 am

Post by Skygazer »

The Setup wrote:Town 1-shot Disloyal Simple Vig
Town Motion Detector
Town Innocent Child
VT x 5
Role PMs wrote:
#player1Hello! You are a
Town 1-shot Simple Disloyal Vig

Abilities:

At night, you may target a player with an attempted kill. This action will only succeed if your target is vanilla and shares your alignment (in other words, only if your target is a Vanilla Townie). You may only use this ability once.

Win Condition:

#player2Hello! You are a
Town Motion Detector

Abilities:

Each night you may target a player to determine if they performed an action or had an action performed on them. You may receive one of three results: "motion detected," "no motion detected," or, if your action failed, "no result."

Win Condition:

#player3Hello! You are a
Town Innocent Child

Abilities:

At any point in time, you may tell me to publicly confirm your alignment in the game thread.

Win Condition:

#player4Hello! You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

Win Condition:

#player5Hello! You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

Win Condition:

#player6Hello! You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

Win Condition:

#player7Hello! You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

Win Condition:

#player8Hello! You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

Win Condition:

#player9Hello! You are a

Abilities:

At night, you may target a player to visit them. This visit will have no effect on your target beyond visiting that player. You may use this ability and your factional kill at the same time, but you may only use this ability once.
You share a private topic with #player10, an Informed Mafioso. You may communicate with them at any time here.

Win Condition:

#player10Hello! You are a
Informed Mafioso

Abilities:

You know that there is a Motion Detector in this game. This information will be redacted from your flip if you die.
You share a private topic with #player9, a Mafia Multitasking 1-shot Visitor. You may communicate with them at any time here.

Win Condition:

Result PMs wrote:Last night, after investigating
[player]
, you
([detected motion]/[detected no motion])
[Player]
is confirmed to be
town-aligned
!
Post #0 wrote:

[song goes here]
[pre-game]

Player List:

Post #1 wrote:

Be nice. It's a game.

General:
- Night Phases will last 48 hours maximum. On any given night, if all players PM me that they are okay to speed up the night, it will end sooner.
- Do not quote PM's from the mod at all (real or fabricated). Paraphrasing is acceptable.
- Don't publicly talk about potentially replacing out, and don't publicly request for other players to replace out. If you have an issue that may need to be resolved through a replacement, please feel free to bring it up privately with me!
- If you break any of these rules, you may be modkilled (only with a listmod's blessing) or force-replaced.

Voting / Player actions:
). You may use nicknames and abbreviations if you wish, as long as it's unique to the player and I can figure out who you intended to vote.
- A lynch will occur once a majority decision is reached. If no majority is reached by deadline, then no lynch shall occur.
- Following a lynch, it is twilight. You may continue to post until I lock the thread and declare it night.
- If you have a Night Action, you may submit it from Night 1 and each subsequent Night (or whichever nights are specified by the role).
- If you have more than one night specific actions, you may only use one per night unless specified otherwise.

Activity:
- You are expected make a game-state advancing post at least once every 48 hours. If you haven't posted for 48 hours, I shall prod you. If you do not respond to the prod within 24 hours (either in thread if it's Day, or via PM during the Night) then I will replace you.

Mechanics:
- 006688 is my color. Feel free to use it if you'd like! Just not to impersonate me or to mislead others.
- No impossible/hard to read text, or cryptography. For example, I would prefer that no font size smaller than the one you're reading now be used.
- I may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
- If you need to get the mod's attention, either PM me, or bold the text you wish to draw to my attention.
- I reserve the right to alter/remove/add any rules as I see fit. You will, of course, be notified if that happens, however.

Sample Role PMs:

SkygazerHello! You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

Win Condition:

i have the most queues
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:03 pm

idk why you're making the vig unable to shoot scum

that's not bastard but it makes you a total dick.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:04 pm

i'm just

ehhhhh

about this whole ordeal
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:16 pm

Post by Skygazer »

thought process was it'd reduce the swing from a PR/Scum getting vigged but it does feel like a dick move (although one dead scummy townie in exchange for one conf-town vig doesn't feel like the worst trade-off)

uhhhh lemme think of something more conventional ig
i have the most queues
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:47 pm

i mean you can

i'm not stopping you

i just

don't think the players will be happy about it.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:51 pm

Post by Skygazer »

would this be fine? feels a little hard for scum to me but idk im exhausted rn

1-shot Simple Vig
Motion Detector
Innocent Child
VTx6

Multitasking Informed 1-shot Visitor (knows there is a motion detector)
Goon
i have the most queues
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:16 am

Sure. Does feel a little gnarly for scum though. Hmm.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:16 am

What if we just Repeal and Replace Obamacare

And by Obamacare I mean the vig.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:57 am

Post by Skygazer »

uhhhh fuck

town 1-shot jailkeeper
town motion detector
town friendly neighbor
VTx6

scum multitasking JoaT (1-shot visitor, 1-shot vanilla cop)
informed goon (knows about the existence of MD (the role, not the state))

jailkeeper can get a soft result and add an extra mislynch needed for scum to win
motion detector gets false positives from the JK/friendly neighbor/visitor/vanilla cop

probably less hard for scum than the vig? but i gave scum the 1-shot vanilla cop so they can get a single result too at the very least to make it less gnarly
i have the most queues
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:47 am

Post by implosion »

uhhhhhh this is suddenly maybe going into signups soon if it's done + if i don't hear back from either of the people in queue before you (neither of whom has posted on site in at least a few days) so

AGGRESSIVE PING
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:05 pm

In post 21, Skygazer wrote:uhhhh fuck

town 1-shot jailkeeper
town motion detector
town friendly neighbor
VTx6

scum multitasking JoaT (1-shot visitor, 1-shot vanilla cop)
informed goon (knows about the existence of MD (the role, not the state))

jailkeeper can get a soft result and add an extra mislynch needed for scum to win
motion detector gets false positives from the JK/friendly neighbor/visitor/vanilla cop

probably less hard for scum than the vig? but i gave scum the 1-shot vanilla cop so they can get a single result too at the very least to make it less gnarly
ok pass
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:51 pm

Post by Skygazer »

The Setup wrote:Town 1-shot Jailkeeper
Town Motion Detector
Town Friendly Neighbor
VT x 5
Mafia Multitasking Jack-of-all-trades (1-shot visitor, 1-shot vanilla cop)
Role PMs wrote:
#player1Hello! You are a
Town 1-shot Jailkeeper

Abilities:

At night, you may target a player to jailkeep. This player will be roleblocked (any actions they take will fail) and protected from one kill on the night you targeted them. You may only use this ability once in the game.

Win Condition:

#player2Hello! You are a
Town Motion Detector

Abilities:

Win Condition:

#player3Hello! You are a
Town Friendly Neighbor

Abilities:

Each night, you may target another player. This player will receive a message stating "#player3 is aligned with the town."

Win Condition:

#player4Hello! You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

Win Condition:

#player5Hello! You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

Win Condition:

#player6Hello! You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

Win Condition:

#player7Hello! You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

Win Condition:

#player8Hello! You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

Win Condition:

#player9Hello! You are a
Mafia Multitasking Jack-of-all-trades

Abilities:

You have two abilities as a Jack-of-all-trades: a 1-shot visitor action, and a 1-shot vanilla cop action. These actions are described below.
As a 1-shot visitor, you may target another player at night to visit them. You may only do this once in the game. This visit will have no effect on your target beyond visiting that player.
As a 1-shot vanilla cop, you may target another player at night to investigate them. If your target is a vanilla townie or a mafia goon, you will receive a result of "vanilla." If your target is not a vanilla townie or a mafia goon, you will receive a result of "not vanilla." If your investigation fails, you will receive "no result."
You may use these abilities at the same time, and may use them at the same time as your factional kill.

Win Condition:

#player10Hello! You are an
Informed Mafioso

Abilities:

Win Condition:

Result PMs wrote:Last night, after investigating
[player]
, you
([detected motion]/[detected no motion]/[received no result])
#player3
is aligned with the
town
!
Last night, after investigating
[player]
, you received ([a result of
vanilla
]/[a result of
not vanilla
]/
no result
).
Post #0 wrote:

[song goes here]
[pre-game]

Player List:

Post #1 wrote:

Be nice. It's a game.

General:

Voting / Player actions:

Activity:

Mechanics:

Sample Role PMs:

SkygazerHello! You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

Win Condition:

i have the most queues

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”