Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:16 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Psychologist I had to read a couple times because my brain didn’t want to process it, it’s quite wordy. It is correct, though, and hits all the points.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:16 am

Post by Menalque »

That would be ace, thanks.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:17 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I think you need to put in the rules that Mafia have daytalk.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:18 am

Post by Menalque »

Oops, I forgot that.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:20 am

Post by Menalque »

These be the rules
  • First up, it's the one, the only, the classic: obey all site rules. You knew this already, didn't you? Find them here.
  • Don't be a toxic d-bag. I reserve the right to lock the thread and consult with the list mod to force replace for this. You know what it is. Don't push the line.
  • Be around, you signed up for this. It's not fair to any of your teammates if you're not posting. Specifically, at a minimum, I'm expecting you to post once ever 36 hours. If you don't, and you're not on V/LA then you get prodded by me sending you a snarky message asking you to come and post. Don't respond to one of said snarky messages by posting in the thread and I replace you. If you come back before I find a replacement and grovel sufficiently, I may let you stay in the game. 3 prods, and you're out.
  • Don't quote any mod comms. Don't quote anything from any PTs that you may or may not have.
  • Don't talk about ongoing games.
  • DON'T TALK ABOUT ONGOING GAMES.
  • No-ho-ho-ho: provable randomness, cryptography etc. You know what I mean and if you don't then PM me before you do it to seek clarification. The answer is probably no, though.
  • Play to your wincon! This is literally why you're here, no?
  • Don't pretend to be me. The easiest way to do this is to avoid using
    this colour
    but if you reallllly wanna use it that's cool. This is only kind of a dictatorship.
  • You vote by using

Code: Select all

[vote]Menalque[/vote]
    or bold tags like these

Code: Select all

[b][/b]
    if you hate me and want to make my life harder. If it's clear who you mean when you're voting, I'll count it. Up to you if you wanna risk that quickhammer gambit.
  • Lynches will be achieved at 50% of living players +1. You can chat away as much as you like in twilight until I lock the thread.
  • Day phases will be a number of real life days equal to the number of players still alive +1 with a minimum length of 7 days.
  • At night when the cool stuff is happening like murder and shizzle, you get 48 hours to decide what you're doing.
  • Oh yeah, also, mafia are chatty bois meaning they can talk whenever they like in their PT. At night, during the day, literally whenever they like. Mobile phones exist people, they no longer have to sneak around at night to communicate.
  • I know I may seem to you like a perfect human being, but I am, in fact, not. I may fuck up the VCs or whatever. Pls let me know if I do. Being a dick about it is optional.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:25 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 21, Menalque wrote:
Spoiler: VT
Hello,
[PLAYERNAME]
. Welcome to
Mini Normal X: Menalque's favourite places

Sucks to be you, you're a regular old
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:
  • You have no special abilities.
You win when only members of the
Town
remain alive or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm by PM and make sure to read the game rules in the thread before posting. Good luck and have fun!

Spoiler: Weak Doctor
Hello,
[PLAYERNAME]
. Welcome to

Well aren't you lucky! Your role in this game is
Weak Doctor

Abilities:
  • Each night phase, you may protect a player to stop them from being killed.
  • However, if you target a member of the scum team, you will die.
Town

Please confirm by PM and make sure to read the game rules in the thread before posting. Good luck and have fun!

Spoiler: Psychologist
Hello,
[PLAYERNAME]
. Welcome to

Well aren't you lucky! Your role in this game is
Psychologist

Abilities:
  • Each Night, you may target a player.
  • If that player has an unused active killing ability, you will receive a "positive" result.
  • If that player has no active killing ability or has already used this ability, you will receive a "negative" result.
  • An
    active
    killing ability is one that must be triggered by that player to be used. For instance, the factional mafia nightkill is active. A bomb (someone who kills their killer when targeted at night) is not active.
Town

Spoiler: 1 shot vig
Hello,
[PLAYERNAME]
. Welcome to

You drew one of the lucky straws, and your role in this game is
1-shot Vigilante
. Careful with that gun, chief!

Abilities:
  • Once in the game, you may attempt to kill another player at night.
Town

Spoiler: motion detector
Hello,
[PLAYERNAME]
. Welcome to

You drew one of the lucky straws, and your role in this game is
Motion Detector

Abilities:
  • Each night, you may target another player. If your action is successful, you will learn whether any actions were performed on or by that player, but not by whom, or which actions.
Town

Spoiler: 1-shot strongman
Hello,
[PLAYERNAME]
. Welcome to

I guess you were on the naughty list because your role in this game is
1-shot Strongman
, you bad boi.

Factional:
  • Mafia Team:
    Your teammates are
    [Playername], Mafia Goon
    and
    [Playername], Mafia Goon
  • Mafia Communication:
    You may talk with your living teammates at any time during the game here.
  • Mafia Factional Kill:
    Once every Night, a living member of the Mafia may submit a factional kill action.
Abilities:
  • Strongman:
    Once in the game you may choose to perform the factional nightkill as a strongman. This will override any protective actions that may have been used on your target.
Mafia

Spoiler: goon
Hello,
[PLAYERNAME]
. Welcome to

Mafia Goon
, you bad boi.

Factional:
  • Mafia Team:
    Your teammates are
    [Playername], Mafia 1-shot Strongman
    and
    [Playername], Mafia Goon
  • Mafia Communication:
  • Mafia Factional Kill:
    Once every Night, a living member of the Mafia may submit a factional kill action.
Abilities:
Mafia

Updated psychologist, is this clearer?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:27 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Yeah, it is! I was fine passing it either way, but that’s clear.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:30 am

Post by Menalque »

Yeah I originally just copy pasted from the wiki but thought you were right when I actually looked at it myself.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:30 pm

Post by mastina »

So my concern with the role PMs is this:
Well aren't you lucky! Your role in this game is Weak Doctor.
Well aren't you lucky! Your role in this game is Psychologist.
You drew one of the lucky straws, and your role in this game is 1-shot Vigilante. Careful with that gun, chief!
You drew one of the lucky straws, and your role in this game is Motion Detector.
I'm not concerned about the flavor in the VT PM (nor am I particularly concerned about the flavor in the mafia PMs because the mafia know they're scum anyway) because per Normal guidelines standards, the VT role PM is public, obv. But each and every single power role has flavor in them--two of them have one flavor, two of them have a different flavor, but having any flavor in them at all is problematic because it is a detail which could impact the game in a way which we try to avoid with Normals. Mafia for instance would have trouble fakeclaiming if the flavor would be pointed out.

And every fix to that which keeps the flavor is ugly. Inform the mafia of the different flavors, gives the mafia info they shouldn't have, gives mafia factional information which isn't really Normal, opens the game to people setup speccing off of flavor and flavor divisions and so on and so forth.

Otherwise,
Each night phase, you may protect a player to stop them from being killed.
However, if you target a member of the scum team, you will die.
As-is, this is fine (I wouldn't have issues with it), but personally I'd add 'if your action succeeds' disclaimers to this, in both sections. "Each night phase, you may attempt to protect a player to stop them from being killed.
However, if you successfully target a member of the scumteam, you will die."

(Further note: given this is a Mini Normal, that wording is fine, because you're not allowed multiball/sks in mini normals, but for future reference, if this were a Large I'd recommend the more generic 'does not share your faction'. Like I said, this is a mini normal so there's only one nontown faction, the scumteam, so it's fine, but I figured I'd mention it to raise awareness for when you mod future games.)
Each Night, you may target a player.
If that player has an unused active killing ability, you will receive a "positive" result.
If that player has no active killing ability or has already used this ability, you will receive a "negative" result.
An active killing ability is one that must be triggered by that player to be used. For instance, the factional mafia nightkill is active. A bomb (someone who kills their killer when targeted at night) is not active.
This one I'll have to insist on giving an extra section to clarify though.
"Each Night, you may target a player.
If that player has an unused active killing ability, you will receive a "positive" result.
If that player has no active killing ability or has already used this ability, you will receive a "negative" result.
An active killing ability is one that must be triggered by that player to be used. For instance, the factional mafia nightkill is active. A bomb (someone who kills their killer when targeted at night) is not active.
If your action fails, you will receive a "no result" result."

Yes, this game has no way to receive a No Result result thanks to the removal of the commuter, but it should still be included because people WILL ask about it otherwise.
Each night, you may target another player. If your action is successful, you will learn whether any actions were performed on or by that player, but not by whom, or which actions.
Similarly, for this one, you need more clarifications. "If your action is successful, you will learn whether any actions were performed on or by that player, but not by whom, or which actions. If your action is unsuccessful, you will receive a 'no result' result." to keep your wording there.

However, I'd actually recommend being even more explicit than that. The above is the minimum which I would request you have, and if you did the above I'd pass it, but for a tracker/watcher-type role, I generally recommend being as explicit as possible, and the most explicit form possible would be,
"Each night, you may target another player. You will receive the result of 'you sensed motion' if any actions were performed on or by that player (but not by whom or which actions), 'you did not sense motion' if no actions were performed on or by that player, or 'no result' if your action was unsuccessful." Or something to that effect. It's not something I'll require, but it is something I recommend for clarity because tracker/watcher-type roles can have confusion between "nobody visited" and "action failed". Don't rely on your players to have read the Normal guidelines and know that, OBVIOUSLY, a failed action is No Result, and OBVIOUSLY, a no visit result is a successful action where nobody visited; people WILL get the two confused in spite of the Normal Guidelines unless you specify it in the actual role PM. :P
(Basically, plenty of people think 'No Result' could be because nobody visited; plenty of people think 'nobody visited' could be because of a failed action. So specifying explicitly in the role PM that 'No Result' is a failed action, and 'nobody visited' is a successful action, is always a good idea even if it is not strictly speaking a requirement. Which is why I always recommend doing so.)
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:35 am

Post by Menalque »

I wanted to personalise the PMs a tiny bit but I did have the thought that there might be a problem with it :/

Alright, thanks — I’m gonna make the clarifications/delete flavour from the PR pms tonight and repost
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:36 am

Post by Menalque »

Hello,
[PLAYERNAME]
. Welcome to

Sucks to be you, you're a regular old
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:
Town

Hello,
[PLAYERNAME]
. Welcome to

Your role in this game is
Weak Doctor

Abilities:
  • Each night phase, you may attempt to protect a player to stop them from being killed.
  • However, if you successfully target a member of the scum team, you will die.
Town

Hello,
[PLAYERNAME]
. Welcome to

Psychologist

Abilities:
  • If that player has an unused active killing ability, you will receive a "positive" result.
  • If that player has no active killing ability or has already used this ability, you will receive a "negative" result.
  • An
    active
    killing ability is one that must be triggered by that player to be used. For instance, the factional mafia nightkill is active. A bomb (someone who kills their killer when targeted at night) is not active.
  • If your action fails, you will receive a "no result" result.
Town

Hello,
[PLAYERNAME]
. Welcome to

1-shot Vigilante

Abilities:
Town

Hello,
[PLAYERNAME]
. Welcome to

Motion Detector

Abilities:
  • Each night, you may target another player. If your action is successful, you will learn receive one of the following:
  • A result of "you sensed motion" if any actions were performed on or by that player.
  • A result of "you did not sense motion" if no actions were performed on or by that player.
  • If your action is unsuccessful, you will receive a "no result" result.
Town

Hello,
[PLAYERNAME]
. Welcome to

1-shot Strongman
, you bad boi.

Factional:
  • Mafia Team:
    Your teammates are
    [Playername], Mafia Goon
    and
    [Playername], Mafia Goon
  • Mafia Communication:
  • Mafia Factional Kill:
Abilities:
  • Strongman:
    Once in the game you may choose to perform the factional nightkill as a strongman. This will override any protective actions that may have been used on your target.
Mafia

Hello,
[PLAYERNAME]
. Welcome to

Mafia Goon
, you bad boi.

Factional:
  • Mafia Team:
    Your teammates are
    and
    [Playername], Mafia Goon
  • Mafia Communication:
  • Mafia Factional Kill:
Abilities:
Mafia

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:36 am

Post by Menalque »

Are we Gucci?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:41 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Mafia might think all roles have flavor and make a slip because of it. That’s all I’m worried about
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:48 am

Post by Menalque »

How do you think they might slip? Like I think they'd have to claim non-flavoured unless they thought they could guess exactly what my flavour was in town PM's, right?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:21 am

Post by Menalque »

Bump?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:25 am

Post by Menalque »

(Because I think it’s my turn in the queue if this is ready — I’ll remove the mafia flavour if it’s a problem)
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:06 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

They would just talk about flavor in the role pm thinking everyone has it.

It’s not too much.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:17 am

Post by implosion »

See the wiki:
All flavor should be public; flavor is not allowed in Role PMs. Role names should be standard, or non-flavored if original.
This is for the reason that any degree of possible having to think about what flavor to claim as scum doesn't really belong in normal games.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:19 am

Post by implosion »

(and fyi, you won't be up next so no rush - Aaronfrost is next)
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:39 am

Post by Menalque »

I did read it I just thought I was eering on the right side of it and forgot quite how strict the wording was.

Also, oh, I missed that Aaron had /in’d to mod. But if I’m posting the VT pm in the opening post is that alright to leave as is?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:12 am

Post by implosion »

Eh, it's kind of borderline. It's not *really* flavor, but it's at least a little risky. The issue is that scum could easily see that, assume that all town roles have some blurb like that at the top, and then screw up a fakeclaim and ruin their game. It's not really flavor at that point so I won't veto it, but etc.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:29 am

Post by Menalque »

I’ll wait until mastina gets here and gives her opinion too

At this point I guess I’m leaning towards deleting it though :(
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:44 am

Post by mastina »

My opinion is echoing implosion: it's borderline. I wouldn't explicitly veto it, but for the reasons that he listed, I'd strongly recommend against it. It would PROBABLY not be an issue, but there IS the RISK of it being an issue, and that risk is enough where I'd prefer to drop the vt flavor blurb.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:05 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 35, Menalque wrote:
Hello,
[PLAYERNAME]
. Welcome to

You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:
Town

Hello,
[PLAYERNAME]
. Welcome to

Weak Doctor

Abilities:
  • Each night phase, you may attempt to protect a player to stop them from being killed.
  • However, if you successfully target a member of the scum team, you will die.
Town

Hello,
[PLAYERNAME]
. Welcome to

Psychologist

Abilities:
  • An
    active
  • If your action fails, you will receive a "no result" result.
Town

Hello,
[PLAYERNAME]
. Welcome to

1-shot Vigilante

Abilities:
Town

Hello,
[PLAYERNAME]
. Welcome to

Motion Detector

Abilities:
  • Each night, you may target another player. If your action is successful, you will learn receive one of the following:
  • A result of "you sensed motion" if any actions were performed on or by that player.
  • A result of "you did not sense motion" if no actions were performed on or by that player.
  • If your action is unsuccessful, you will receive a "no result" result.
Town

Hello,
[PLAYERNAME]
. Welcome to

You are a
1-shot Strongman

Factional:
  • Mafia Team:
    Your teammates are
    [Playername], Mafia Goon
    and
    [Playername], Mafia Goon
  • Mafia Communication:
  • Mafia Factional Kill:
Abilities:
  • Strongman:
Mafia

Hello,
[PLAYERNAME]
. Welcome to

You are a
Mafia Goon

Factional:
  • Mafia Team:
    Your teammates are
    and
    [Playername], Mafia Goon
  • Mafia Communication:
  • Mafia Factional Kill:
Abilities:
Mafia

sad menalque is sad
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:15 am

Post by mastina »