the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 24, Alisae wrote:
In post 23, the worst wrote:Informed Encrypter (there's an odd-night roleblocker)
u mean there is a roleblocker
yeahhhh

Town Informed Cop (there's a doctor)
Town Roleblocker
Town Rolestopper
Town Combined Follower/Tracker
Town Ascetic

vs.
Scum Informed Doctor Activated Ascetic (there is a cop)
Informed Encrypter (there's a roleblocker)
1s Strongman
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by mastina »

It's going to be a swingy as fuck game but eyeballing that setup as per , I'd call it probably ~50/50 in balance.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by the worst »

swing is the spice of life!
--
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:30 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

I'm thinking how a 1s strongman plays out with Cop/CFT/Rolestopper atm. Is the right call nerfing the Strongman to 1s or maybe 2s and eliminating some informed info...
<(") | (")>
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by the worst »

idk if it helps but the mindgames/encouragement to think creatively through scum informed status is pretty pivotal to the intention of the setup. i'll take balance feedback but if there's a way we can keep that in tact it'd be hugely appreciated.

i think the value of a single strongman shot with an ~idea~ of how to use it is probably pretty close to 2s strongman without informed status but with the obvious unspoken implication that having a strongman is a balancing factor.
--
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:45 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

I don't want to change the foundation of your setup. My concern is that there's two investigatives now + a protective and only one chance to prevent Follow The Cop/FT.

I mean, say the Cop gets run up Day 1 and claims, rolestopper is on Cop N1 and Strongman activates to kill the Cop. Now, say the FT gets run up Day 2 and claims, the rolestopper is on FT and scum have to rolestopper hunt while maybe getting blocked or taking a shot at the FT anyway and hope that the rolestopper gets roleblocked. Granted, the FT isn't getting clears like a Cop would early game, which is why I'm thinking still.
<(") | (")>
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by Alisae »

I feel like its easier to play around the FT
GTKAS
| here.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by the worst »

i think i pretty much agree if the followertracker was getting hard clears, we would literally need more scum power. in this instance they can get conditional softclears, and a possible guilty; "FTFT" doesn't sit in for FTC effectively.

a blocked kill is also like a decent possibility in this setup, via roleblocker or rolestopper. a kill being blocked is obviously +town but it creates friction between whether the rb has a guilty or rs has an inno; in the case of the latter it is indeed much more likely to be the case if we're talking about a claimed TPR. :P

i think one strongman shot and then scum needing to play around the followertracker sounds like a reasonable challenge fmpov allowing that town has to play around manipulative day/night play from the scumteam. it's a swingy and complicated setup but i think it tends towards rewarding deduction/deception more than rewarding sound mechplay, which was the original intent. the current rendition actually does that really well imo and i do think this process has given town the power they need to handle scum's power; giving scum an extra crutch to allow for the contingency of FTFT as backup to FTC might actually swing it back towards scum again i think?
--
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:59 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Yeah ok. It’s swingy but you make a compelling argument.
<(") | (")>
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by Alisae »

GTKAS
| here.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:39 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

I'm fine with the roles if that wasn't clear - which I see now that it may not have been. Can we see ruleset/role pms?
<(") | (")>
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:43 pm

Post by Alisae »

I assume ducky will post that stuff in here when he gets the chance, but the key thing I want to point out is that all of the blocking actions and ascetics will make actions fail, so the follower/tracker will be able to get a result from a roleblocked player
GTKAS
| here.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:45 pm

Post by the worst »

I should have a pc + Internet access over the next few days; watch this space.
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by the worst »

first draft pls no judge i need to read over these

Spoiler: informed cop
Welcome, you are a
Town Informed Cop

Active Abilities:
  • Investigate
    : Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. You will receive a result of "Town", "Mafia", or "No Result".
Passive Abilities:
  • Informed
    : You are aware that there is a
    Doctor
    in this game.
Win Condition:
  • You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Spoiler: roleblocker
Welcome, you are a
Town Roleblocker

Active Abilities:
  • Roleblock
    : Each Night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player's active abilities will fail that night.
Win Condition:
  • You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Spoiler: rolestopper
Welcome, you are a
Town Rolestopper

Active Abilities:
  • Rolestop
    : Each Night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, any other abilities targeting that player will fail that night.
Win Condition:

Spoiler: combined follower/tracker
Welcome, you are a
Town Combined Follower / Tracker

Active Abilities:
  • Follow & Track
    : Each Night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will discover both which player they targeted (if any), and what form of action they took (if any).
Win Condition:

Spoiler: town ascetic
Welcome, you are an
Ascetic Townie

Passive Abilities:
  • Ascetic
    : Actions that target you, other than kills, will fail as if roleblocked.
Win Condition:

Spoiler: vanilla townie
Welcome, you are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no abilities other than your voice and your vote.

Win Condition:

Spoiler: *deep breath* scum informed doctor activated ascetic
Welcome, you are a
Mafia Informed Doctor Activated Ascetic

Each night, you may perform one of your Active Abilities.

Active Abilities:
  • Doctor
    : Each night phase, you may attempt to protect one player in the game from being nightkilled.
  • Activated Ascetic
    : Each night phase, you may choose to be ascetic. This means that actions that target you, other than kills, will fail as if roleblocked.
  • Factional Kill
    : Each night, if no other member of your faction is performing this action, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will die.
Passive Abilities:
  • Informed
    Cop
    in this game.
  • Scum chat
    : You may talk here during night phases.
Win Condition:
  • You win if at least one mafia member is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Spoiler: informed encryptor
Welcome, you are a
Mafia Informed Encryptor

Active Abilities:
  • Factional Kill
    : Each night, if no other member of your faction is performing this action, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will die.
Passive Abilities:
  • Informed
    Roleblocker
    in this game.
  • Encryptor
    : As long as you are alive, the private topic linked under "Scum chat" may be used at any time.
  • Scum chat
Win Condition:
  • You win if at least one mafia member is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Spoiler: one-shot strongman
Welcome, you are a
Mafia 1-Shot Strongman

Active Abilities:
  • Factional Kill
  • Strongman
    : Once in the game, on a night where you are performing the Factional Kill, you may choose to activate your strongman ability. If activated, this ability means that the Night Kill cannot be stopped by a protective or manipulative ability. It can still be stopped if your target is Commuting or Hiding. You do not know if these roles are in the game.
Passive Abilities:
  • Scum chat
Win Condition:
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:11 pm

Post by the worst »

fixed spoiler tag formatting

Spoiler: informed cop
Welcome, you are a
Town Informed Cop

Active Abilities:
  • Investigate
    : Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. You will receive a result of "Town", "Mafia", or "No Result".
Passive Abilities:
  • Informed
    Doctor
    in this game.
Win Condition:

Spoiler: roleblocker
Welcome, you are a
Town Roleblocker

Active Abilities:
  • Roleblock
    : Each Night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player's active abilities will fail that night.
Win Condition:

Spoiler: rolestopper
Welcome, you are a
Town Rolestopper

Active Abilities:
  • Rolestop
    : Each Night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, any other abilities targeting that player will fail that night.
Win Condition:

Spoiler: combined follower/tracker
Welcome, you are a
Town Combined Follower / Tracker

Active Abilities:
  • Follow & Track
    : Each Night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will discover both which player they targeted (if any), and what form of action they took (if any).
Win Condition:

Spoiler: town ascetic
Welcome, you are an
Ascetic Townie

Passive Abilities:
  • Ascetic
    : Actions that target you, other than kills, will fail as if roleblocked.
Win Condition:

Spoiler: vanilla townie
Welcome, you are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no abilities other than your voice and your vote.

Win Condition:

Spoiler: *deep breath* scum informed doctor activated ascetic
Welcome, you are a
Mafia Informed Doctor Activated Ascetic

Each night, you may perform one of your Active Abilities.

Active Abilities:
  • Doctor
    : Each night phase, you may attempt to protect one player in the game from being nightkilled.
  • Activated Ascetic
    : Each night phase, you may choose to be ascetic. This means that actions that target you, other than kills, will fail as if roleblocked.
  • Factional Kill
Passive Abilities:
  • Informed
    Cop
    in this game.
  • Scum chat
Win Condition:

Spoiler: informed encryptor
Welcome, you are a
Mafia Informed Encryptor

Active Abilities:
  • Factional Kill
Passive Abilities:
  • Informed
    Roleblocker
    in this game.
  • Encryptor
    : As long as you are alive, the private topic linked under "Scum chat" may be used at any time.
  • Scum chat
Win Condition:

Spoiler: one-shot strongman
Welcome, you are a
Mafia 1-Shot Strongman

Active Abilities:
  • Factional Kill
  • Strongman
    : Once in the game, on a night where you are performing the Factional Kill, you may choose to activate your strongman ability. If activated, this ability means that the Night Kill cannot be stopped by a protective or manipulative ability. It can still be stopped if your target is Commuting or Hiding. You do not know if these roles are in the game.
Passive Abilities:
  • Scum chat
Win Condition:
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by the worst »

Rules

mercilessly stolen & slightly adapted mostly from Ausuka

General Rules:

1. Site Rules apply.
2. You may not quote your role PM, you may not quote any other PMs from me, and you may not quote the time at which I sent you any PM.
3. The default mafiascum skin font colours (in bold) are my mod colours. I would strongly encourage you to use them if you feel the need to. Don't impersonate me.
4. If you have a question or concern, or if you think that I may have made an error, do not hesitate to ask in-topic or by PM. Be sure to bold requests directed at me so that I see them.
5. If you break any of these rules, or if I deem it to be appropriate, you could be warned, force-replaced, or modkilled, depending on the severity of what you did. If a player is modkilled, they will die and become a Neutral Survivor resulting in their loss.
6. Please be respectful and kind towards other players. I understand that Mafia can be a heated game sometimes, but there is a line, and if you cross it the game stops being fun. In particular, personal attacks are not allowed.
7. Once you die you may not post anymore.
8. No encryption please. Breadcrumbing is fine, but things like encrypting your role into scrambled text are not. If you have any questions about what does and does not violate this rule, feel free to ask me, and I will answer.
9. Don’t claim scum with another player in a serious manner. I will judge what counts as serious; don't toe the line. Claiming scum by yourself is fine, but please don’t lose the game intentionally by doing so.
10. Don’t work against your win condition.
11. Don’t use provable randomness. Saying “I rolled a dice and it landed on 2” is acceptable; posting a screenshot of you using random.org, or using dice tags, is not acceptable.
12. Use your common sense; I try to include as much as I can but this is probably not an exhaustive list of all things you are not allowed to do.
13. I reserve the right to change any of these rules or any of the time, or make any judgement irregardless of what these rules say (although I will try to follow what I have said here as closely as possible.)
14. The spirit of these rules is what counts, not the exact wording. If you find a loophole in these rules, don't be surprised when I modkill you anyway. Ask me if you would like clarity on any of these, or think something might fall in a grey area.

Voting, Lynching, and Deadlines:

15. As with any mafia game, you can vote for a player to get them lynched, you can vote for a No Lynch, or you can not vote at all.
16. Votes must use the bold tags or the vote tags, like this: VOTE: teh worts or this:
Vote: teh worts
. please try and use recognisable names/nicknames wherever possible.
17. A lynch requires a majority (over 50%) vote. For example, when there are 9 players alive, it will take 5 votes to lynch, because that is the smallest number over 50% of the number of players.
18. Deadlines will be as follows:
- day phases: 7 days
- night phases: 48 hours
I may extend this if I deem it appropriate. When the deadline expires, the day will end without a lynch.
19. When a lynch is reached or deadline expires, I will lock the thread and start the Night phase as soon as I can. You are allowed to post before I do this, if you want.
20. All approved private topics included in any role PMs may be used for discussion at any time. That means that the mafia, may use their private topic during both day phases and night phases.

Prodding and Activity:

21. If a player fails to post for 36 consecutive hours, they will be prodded. If that player does not post for another 24 hours after they've been prodded, they'll be replaced.
22. If you are going away, or if you have limited access to the site, notify me by pm or in-topic so that I know not to prod or replace you. The maximum amount of time you may go without posting due to V/LA is 120 hours (five days).
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by the worst »

i'll advertise the game as 7/2 phases assuming that's ok with the nrg squad
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:22 pm

Post by the worst »

daychat conspicuously omitted from the rules because encryptor
--
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:16 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 41, the worst wrote:i'll advertise the game as 7/2 phases assuming that's ok with the nrg squad
Yeah, that's fine.

Everything looks good. What are your Follower results going to be? Blocking/Killing/Investigative/No Action?
<(") | (")>
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:37 pm

Post by the worst »

Yeah. Good call. I agree with those categories

cop inv
roleblocker blocking
rolestopper blocking
follower tracker inv (doesn't matter)
doctor protective
scum nightkill killing

no active ability no result
ascetic or blocked no result
--
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:38 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

cool cool

/pass
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:40 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 44, the worst wrote:no active ability no result
wait...this should be "did not see anything" in a Normal
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:40 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Blocked results need to be distinct.
<(") | (")>
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by the worst »

cop inv
roleblocker blocking
rolestopper blocking
doctor protective
scum nightkill killing

no active ability = did not see anything
ascetic = did not see anything
blocked = no result

right?
--
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 48, the worst wrote:cop inv
roleblocker blocking
rolestopper blocking
doctor protective
scum nightkill killing

no active ability = did not see anything
ascetic =
did not see anything
no result
blocked = no result

right?
Ascetic is "Ascetic: Actions that target you, other than kills, will fail as if roleblocked."
<(") | (")>

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”