Post by Ircher »

You'll need to repost your role pms.

Your ruleset looks something like this:
the worst wrote:
Rules

mercilessly stolen & slightly adapted mostly from Ausuka

General Rules:

1. Site Rules apply.
2. You may not quote your role PM, you may not quote any other PMs from me, and you may not quote the time at which I sent you any PM.
3. The default mafiascum skin font colours (in bold) are my mod colours. I would strongly encourage you to use them if you feel the need to. Don't impersonate me.
4. If you have a question or concern, or if you think that I may have made an error, do not hesitate to ask in-topic or by PM. Be sure to bold requests directed at me so that I see them.
5. If you break any of these rules, or if I deem it to be appropriate, you could be warned, force-replaced, or modkilled, depending on the severity of what you did. If a player is modkilled, they will die and become a Neutral Survivor resulting in their loss.
6. Please be respectful and kind towards other players. I understand that Mafia can be a heated game sometimes, but there is a line, and if you cross it the game stops being fun. In particular, personal attacks are not allowed.
7. Once you die you may not post anymore.
8. No encryption please. Breadcrumbing is fine, but things like encrypting your role into scrambled text are not. If you have any questions about what does and does not violate this rule, feel free to ask me, and I will answer.
9. Don’t claim scum with another player in a serious manner. I will judge what counts as serious; don't toe the line. Claiming scum by yourself is fine, but please don’t lose the game intentionally by doing so.
10. Don’t work against your win condition.
11. Don’t use provable randomness. Saying “I rolled a dice and it landed on 2” is acceptable; posting a screenshot of you using random.org, or using dice tags, is not acceptable.
12. Use your common sense; I try to include as much as I can but this is probably not an exhaustive list of all things you are not allowed to do.
13. I reserve the right to change any of these rules or any of the time, or make any judgement irregardless of what these rules say (although I will try to follow what I have said here as closely as possible.)
14. The spirit of these rules is what counts, not the exact wording. If you find a loophole in these rules, don't be surprised when I modkill you anyway. Ask me if you would like clarity on any of these, or think something might fall in a grey area.

Voting, Lynching, and Deadlines:

15. As with any mafia game, you can vote for a player to get them lynched, you can vote for a No Lynch, or you can not vote at all.
16. Votes must use the bold tags or the vote tags, like this: VOTE: teh worts or this:
Vote: teh worts
. please try and use recognisable names/nicknames wherever possible.
17. A lynch requires a majority (over 50%) vote. For example, when there are 9 players alive, it will take 5 votes to lynch, because that is the smallest number over 50% of the number of players.
18. Deadlines will be as follows:
- day phases: 7 days
- night phases: 48 hours
I may extend this if I deem it appropriate. When the deadline expires, the day will end without a lynch.
19. When a lynch is reached or deadline expires, I will lock the thread and start the Night phase as soon as I can. You are allowed to post before I do this, if you want.
20. All approved private topics included in any role PMs may be used for discussion at any time. That means that the mafia, may use their private topic during both day phases and night phases.

Prodding and Activity:

21. If a player fails to post for 36 consecutive hours, they will be prodded. If that player does not post for another 24 hours after they've been prodded, they'll be replaced.
22. If you are going away, or if you have limited access to the site, notify me by pm or in-topic so that I know not to prod or replace you. The maximum amount of time you may go without posting due to V/LA is 120 hours (five days).
You can use a different ruleset than the one I've quoted in this post, but we'll need to see what it is. Public setup information (e.g: daytalk, faction ratios, etc.) also normally go in the rules post if they are applicable.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

Rules

General Rules:

1. Site Rules apply. (Don’t ever think there will ever be a game where they don’t)
2. You are not allowed to quote your role PM as you also aren’t allowed to quote any other PMs from me.
3. I’ll be using a specific mod colour. Please don’t use that colour as it may confuse other participating players. You are welcomed to use any other colour if you feel it’s necessary.
4. If you have a questions or concerns (maybe even I mistake you think I made) do not hesitate to ask in-topic or by PM. (I prefer PM)
5. If you break any of these rules or something of similarity, you could be warned, force-replaced, or modkilled, depending on the severity of what you did. If a player is modkilled, they will die and will not be considered a winner of the winning faction but they can make it a personal win if they chose.
6. Please be respectful and respect other players. Bad behaviour such a Harassment, Spamming and being purposely rude to everyone you speak to is not allowed and will be punishable. Games are meant to be fun.
7. Once you die you may make one contentless “Bah” Post.
8. No encryption please. Breadcrumbing is fine, but things like encrypting your role into scrambled text are not. If you have any questions about what does and does not violate this rule, feel free to ask me, I don’t bite.
9. When playing as scum please remember to follow your win con and don’t openly claim your scum purposely and seriously as that’s not allowed in any context.

11. As with any mafia game, you can vote for a player to get them lynched, you can vote for a No Lynch, or you can not vote at all.
12. Votes must use the bold tags or the vote tags, like this: VOTE: Mafia or this: Vote: Mafia However if it isn’t clear as to whom your voting for don’t be surprised if I get confused.
13. A lynch requires a majority (over 50%) vote. For example, when there are 9 players alive, it will take 5 votes to lynch, because that is the smallest number over 50% of the number of players.
14. Deadlines will be as follows:
- day phases: 7 Days
- night phases: 2 Days (may shorten it if needed)
I may extend Day Phase if I deem it appropriate. When the deadline expires, the day will end without a lynch.
15. When a lynch is reached or deadline expires, I will lock the thread and start the Night phase as soon as I can. Feel free to post after a deadline expires but once it’s locked it is set into night and you can no longer post.
16. All approved private topics included in any role PMs may be used for discussion at any time. That means that the mafia, may use their private topic during both day phases and night phases.

Prodding and Activity:

17. If a player fails to post for 36 consecutive hours, they will be prodded. If that player does not post for another 24 hours after they've been prodded, they'll be replaced.
18. If you know you will be busy and unable to post for a couple days notify me by pm or in-topic so that I know not to prod or replace you. The maximum amount of time you may go without posting due to V/LA is 120 hours (five days, maybe able to convince me to extend it to max of a week. Depending on your circumstance.)

Most Important Rule
19. Have Fun (never forget this rule!)
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:14 am

Post by Ircher »

Rules look mostly fine. The only comment I have is you should only shorten nights if everyone (including VTs) send you a message requesting an accelerated night phase.
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 27, Ircher wrote:Rules look mostly fine. The only comment I have is you should only shorten nights if everyone (including VTs) send you a message requesting an accelerated night phase.
Ok.
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

So is this all good to run?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:12 pm

Post by implosion »

Up to RC, since he's the primary reviewer.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:48 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Pls repost setup + all role PMs then I'll look them over
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

Mafia Master Scheme

Closed Setup
Day Phases are 1-2 Week/Weeks closest on Saturday.
(Whatever is closest to Saturday)
Mafia has Day Chat Regardless of Encryptor
Night Phases are Between 24 - 48 Hours.
End of Day Phase will Usually be on Saturdays unless a Majority is reached.

Rolecards

(4 Vanilla Townie)
Welcome to Mafia Master Scheme! You are a Vanilla Townie.
You have no active abilities.
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.
Confirm by replying to this PM with a summary of your role.

Welcome to Mafia Master Scheme! You are an Even-Night Commuter.

•Each Even Night you can choose to leave the town. This makes you ineligible to be targeted by Night actions.

You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Town Compulsive Fruit Vender

Welcome to Mafia Master Scheme! You are a Town Fruit Vendor.
You have the following active ability:
* Each Night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will be told they received fruit (but not who sent it).
* At the start of the game you will make a list. If you don’t use your Night ability your action will default to the player at the top of your list.

Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Town Informed Odd Night Tracker.
Abilities:
• You are aware that (Player) is a Vanilla Townie.
* Each odd night, you may investigate one player in the game and you will discover which player they targeted (if any).
Win condition:
* You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Town Vengeful Neighbour
Welcome, [Player]! You are a Vengeful Neighbour Townie.
Abilities:
•Neighbourhood: You share a Neighbourhood with (?), (?) And (?)
* Kill: When you are lynched, you may target another player in the game to attempt to kill them.
Win Conditions:
* You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Town 1-Shot Novice Vigilante Neighbour

Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Town 1-Shot Novice Vigilante Neighbour
Abilities:
• You share a Neighbourhood with (?), (?) And (?)
* Once per game during the night phase, you may attempt to kill another player.
* You cannot shoot night 1.
Win condition:
* You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Welcome, [Player]! You are a Town Indecisive Hider.
Abilities:
* Hide: Each night phase, you may target another player in the game to hide behind, rendering yourself immune to all nightkills that phase. However, if your target dies that phase, you also die.
* You cannot hide behind the same person twice in a row
Win Conditions:
* You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Welcome [Player]! You are a Mafia Bulletproof Neighbour Roleblocker Traitor.
Abilities:
•You share a Neighbourhood with (?), (?) And (?)
•You know (?) and (?) are Mafia but they don’t know you are Mafia.
•They are aware there is a traitor but not that the Traitor is you.
•Each night you may choose someone to Roleblock.
•You are bulletproof.
Win Conditions:
•You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Welcome [Player]! You are a Mafia Ninja (change to Neighbour?) Mailman.
Abilities:
•Your partner is (?) an you share a chat with them.
•You know there is a Mafia Traitor.
•Each Night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, the moderator will anonymously send that player a message of your choice (specified when you submit this action).
•Your Night Ability cannot be seen by Investigative Actions.
Win Conditions:
•You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Welcome [Player]! You are a Mafia JOAT.
Abilities:
•Your partner is (?) an you share a chat with them.
•You know there is a Mafia Traitor.
•You have a 1-Shot Watcher, 1-Shot Jailkeeper and 1-Shot Rolestopper
Win Conditions:
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:05 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

Rules

General Rules:

1. Site Rules apply. (Don’t ever think there will ever be a game where they don’t)
2. You are not allowed to quote your role PM as you also aren’t allowed to quote any other PMs from me.
3. I’ll be using a specific mod colour. Please don’t use that colour as it may confuse other participating players. You are welcomed to use any other colour if you feel it’s necessary.
4. If you have a questions or concerns (maybe even I mistake you think I made) do not hesitate to ask in-topic or by PM. (I prefer PM)
5. If you break any of these rules or something of similarity, you could be warned, force-replaced, or modkilled, depending on the severity of what you did. If a player is modkilled, they will die and will not be considered a winner of the winning faction but they can make it a personal win if they chose.
6. Please be respectful and respect other players. Bad behaviour such a Harassment, Spamming and being purposely rude to everyone you speak to is not allowed and will be punishable. Games are meant to be fun.
7. Once you die you may make one contentless “Bah” Post.
8. No encryption please. Breadcrumbing is fine, but things like encrypting your role into scrambled text are not. If you have any questions about what does and does not violate this rule, feel free to ask me, I don’t bite.
9. When playing as scum please remember to follow your win con and don’t openly claim your scum purposely and seriously as that’s not allowed in any context.

11. As with any mafia game, you can vote for a player to get them lynched, you can vote for a No Lynch, or you can not vote at all.
12. Votes must use the bold tags or the vote tags, like this: VOTE: Mafiaor this: VOTE: Mafia However if it isn’t clear as to whom your voting for don’t be surprised if I get confused.
13. A lynch requires a majority (over 50%) vote. For example, when there are 9 players alive, it will take 5 votes to lynch, because that is the smallest number over 50% of the number of players.
14. Deadlines will be as follows:
- day phases: 7 Days
- night phases: 2 Days (with Night Skip Option)
I may extend Day Phase if I deem it appropriate. When the deadline expires, the day will end without a lynch.
15. When a lynch is reached or deadline expires, I will lock the thread and start the Night phase as soon as I can. Feel free to post after a deadline expires but once it’s locked it is set into night and you can no longer post.
16. All approved private topics included in any role PMs may be used for discussion at any time. That means that the mafia, may use their private topic during both day phases and night phases.

Prodding and Activity:

17. If a player fails to post for 36 consecutive hours, they will be prodded. If that player does not post for another 24 hours after they've been prodded, they'll be replaced.
18. If you know you will be busy and unable to post for a couple days notify me by pm or in-topic so that I know not to prod or replace you. The maximum amount of time you may go without posting due to V/LA is 120 hours (five days, maybe able to convince me to extend it to max of a week. Depending on your circumstance.)

Most Important Rule
19. Have Fun (never forget this rule!)
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

I’m allowed to add flavour to my day/night openings/closing and vote counts right?
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:41 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 34, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:I’m allowed to add flavour to my day/night openings/closing and vote counts right?
yes. It's only forbidden in role pms.
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

@RCB

It good to go now?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:36 pm

I am reading this in the morning

Apologize for my slowness
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:38 pm

I've been sick and this has been absolute bottom prio for me
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:49 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 38, RadiantCowbells wrote:I've been sick and this has been absolute bottom prio for me
I’m sick as well.
I feel yeah.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:10 pm

Hmm

Now that I think of its a little townsided

Can we cut something out
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 40, RadiantCowbells wrote:Hmm

Now that I think of its a little townsided

Can we cut something out
Wait what?
How?
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

And what would I cut out.
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

Wait I added too many for the Neighbourhood (?)’s.
Ima fix that.
I could change the Vengeful to be Odd Day or Even Day If that’s even allowed?
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

I mean I could add a fourth member to the Neighbourhood like the Mafia JOAT.
Would that make it more scum sided?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:06 am

Actually you know what I pass it.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:53 am

This is

not necessarily imbalanced once again

but uh, don't expect the town to be too happy in postgame.
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

Here’s an idea if you wanting a town balance.

-Make Hider a 2 Shot
-Change from Vengeful Neighbour to Bodyguard Neighbour
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

I mean a scum balance so it becomes balance.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:48 pm

It's fine. The issue isn't balance so much as the game's just got problematic interactions whereby town or scum can easily just lost if things go wrong.

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”