Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:07 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

Borrowed from Plutonium

Follow all site rules.
Mod colour – My mod colour is blue; don't use it.
Behaviour - This is a heated game but toxicity will not be tolerated. Attack the play not the player. If your fellow players tell you to stop, you must stop. If you do not stop, I will tell you to stop. If you still do not stop, you will be force-replaced. Asking people to stop voting you or to stop scumhunting you entirely doesn't count for this rule and you may find yourself eliminated if you try it.
Don't talk about ongoing games - You may not talk to each other about this game outside of threads I have created for this purpose. You may not talk about other ongoing games in this thread.
Use of term "lynch" - In support of the Black Lives Matter movement and to combat systematic racism, please avoid use of the word lynch when possible.
Tiny text - The minimum text size permitted is 70.
Provable randomness - is against the rules. Saying that you rolled a dice is fine, using dice tags or random.org is not.
Claiming scum - by yourself is fine. Claiming scum with another player is against the rules.
Cryptography - is forbidden. Breadcrumbing is okay.
Confirmation - You have about 72 hours to confirm your role and your alignment by PM. Game will start sooner if everyone confirms. Posting in a private topic counts as confirmation.
Days - Day 1 lasts 10 days and other days last 7 days. Extensions may be granted if there are replacements, or if the majority of players make it clear to me that an extension is desired.
Activity - You must post at least once every 36 hours or I will Prod you. You then have 24 hours to post in the game thread or I will replace you. If you come back before I find a replacement, you can stay. The activity timers run at half-speed on weekends. Players can request me to prod somebody early. This will only count as an official prod if you don't post before you would have been due for a prod. If you haven't posted in the 24 hours before the thread is locked for night, you must reply to the night start PM or you will be replaced during the night.
Vacation/Limited Access If you need to be absent for longer than this, you should declare V/LA in bold in the thread like this:
@Mod: I will be v/la until Thursday
. While you are V/LA, you will be nudged once every 54 hours. Two nudges equals one prod. If you have not posted game advancing content in 5 days, regardless of V/LA status, you will be replaced.
Prodging - A naked "prod dodge" does not reset the prod timer. To avoid being prodded/replaced for inactivity, include some game advancing content in your prodges, such as "got prodded; xxxx is still scum."
Quoting - You may not quote (or copy paste) any private information into the thread, including your role PM and any mod communication.
Voting - Votes must be in bold in the format VOTE: Raya36 or Vote: Raya36. Strong preference for using vote tags instead of bold tags. Unvotes are nice but not required. If I think it’s a vote, it’s a vote, no tricks. Type VOTE: NoPowerOverMe/v] to vote and UNVOTE: NoPowerOverMee to unvote.
Elimination - Days end early when a simple majority of players (50% of living players + 1 rounded down) vote to eliminate somebody. If a majority is not reached at deadline or if a majority of the players vote for no elimination, the day will end without an elimination. At evens, 50% is sufficient for no elimination.
Twilight - Begins when a majority is reached and lasts until I lock the thread. You're still alive until I flip you so you can talk in any game threads you have access to until then, but no votes or unvotes will be counted.
Night - Night lasts at least 48 hours. The night phase can be shortened if every living player -- even those with no night actions -- agrees to it and if I'm not busy.
Action submissions - You may submit actions via PM (if town) or PT (if scum). If the actions are not submitted by the deadline then you do nothing. You can change your mind as many times as you like before the deadline.
Reminders - If I don't hear from you about your night actions, I'll PM you 24 hours before the deadline. This doesn't count as a prod. If I still don't hear from you, you will take no action.
Notes PT - Let me know if you want a private thread to store your thoughts and feedback for the other players. This thread will be made public immediately after the game. You may draft posts in your notes PT but you may not talk about your notes PT in public. You definitely may not use the notes PT to demonstrate that you've had a town mindset in private all along; just put your town mindset in public to begin with and keep your notes to yourself.
Day Talk - Mafia have day talk and may communicate in their PT at any time.
Play to win - this particular game, not some future one, and keep it fun!
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:28 pm

Post by northsidegal »

commuters have the option to commute or not, so that should be reflected in the mafia even night commuter PM

would prefer the scum neighbor PM to just list the names of the neighbors rather than the "your partner X and an opponent Y"

innocent child should say "reveal that you are aligned with the town" rather than your role, which is technically not correct

you've got a floating "2-shot watcher" in the town 2-shot watcher PM that should go. it's also a Personal watcher, not a regular watcher

the even night cop ability wording is a little strange, although it's not a huge deal.

this also isn't a huge deal but it's a change i'd like to be made, in the 1-shot jailkeeper PM change "Once per game" to "One time only" for clarity.

your VT role PM has some messed up formatting
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:31 pm

Post by northsidegal »

your deadlines and prod timers are nonstandard – not something that needs to be changed at all, just something i figure is worth bringing attention to

if you're going to have day talk it needs to be for all PTs, not just the mafia PT

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:32 pm

Post by northsidegal »

apart from that the rules seem fine except for the fact that you need to include a sample VT role PM in the rules

things fall apart
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:07 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

You are a
Mafia Even Night Commuter

Win Conditions:

You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Abilities:

You share a Private Topic with your fellow scum; [names]. The Private Topic is here.
You have a factional night-kill meaning that each night one of you may night-kill a player.
On even numbered nights you "leave town", making you immune to night actions.

You are a
Mafia Neighbor

Win Conditions:

You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Abilities:

You share a Private Topic with your fellow scum; [names]. The Private Topic is here.
You have a factional night-kill meaning that each night one of you may night-kill a player.
You share a private topic with Player X and Player Y. The Private Topic is here.
[/quote]
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:20 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

You are a
Town Innocent Child

Win Conditions:

You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Abilities:

You may PM the mod at any time to have him reveal that you are aligned with the town.

You are a
Town Personal Watcher

Win Conditions:

You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Abilities:

As a night action, you may target a player to determine if anyone visited that person. However, the Personal conditional means that you can only use the ability on town players, not mafia players.

You are a
Town Even Night Cop

Win Conditions:

Abilities:

On even numbered nights, you may target a player to be inspected, thus discovering their alignment. You will receive a Private Message from the moderator containing either [Mafia] or [Not-Mafia].

You are a
Town 1 shot Jailkeeper

Win Conditions:

Abilities:

One time only, as a night action, you may target a player to be jailkept, which both protects them and roleblocks them.

You are a
Town Neighbor

Win Conditions:

Abilities:

You will have access to a seperate Private Topic that includes two other neighbors, PX and PY. Their alignment is not confirmed. The PT is located here.

You are a
Vanilla Townie

Win Conditions:

Abilities:

You have no abilities, your strength is your vote and intellect.
[/quote]
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:21 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

With Commuter correction:
In post 29, NoPowerOverMe wrote:
You are a
Mafia Even Night Commuter

Win Conditions:

Abilities:

On even numbered nights you have the option to "leave town", making you immune to night actions.

You are a
Mafia Neighbor

Win Conditions:

Abilities:

You share a private topic with Player X and Player Y. The Private Topic is here.
[/quote]
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:22 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

No daytalk.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:25 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

Doesn't having personal watcher basically make it like a cop, they will assume if they don't get a result the person is mafia? Shouldn't we switch it to 1 shot or 2 shot in that case?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:32 am

Post by northsidegal »

your definition of personal is wrong, check the wiki again, i linked it earlier

things fall apart
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:59 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

So if the watcher tried to watch the mafia kill they wouldn't see it right?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:05 am

Post by northsidegal »

correct

things fall apart
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:48 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

You are a
Town Personal Watcher

Win Conditions:

Abilities:

As a night action, you may target a player to determine if anyone visited that person. However, if you are watching the mafia factional kill you will not be able to see it.
Mafia Record: Town 4-3 Mafia 0-1 Third Party 1-0 Total 5-4
"NPOM you can do apparently whatever the fuck you want this game." - Alduskkel

Wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... owerOverMe
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:42 pm

Post by northsidegal »

watcher determines who visited, not if

that and the updated rules and i should be able to pass this

things fall apart
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:30 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

Do I need to do anything with the rules?

NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:30 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

In post 37, NoPowerOverMe wrote:
You are a
Town Personal Watcher

Win Conditions:

Abilities:

As a night action, you may target a player to determine if anyone visited that person as well as who visited them. However, if you are watching the mafia factional kill you will not be able to see it.

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 27, northsidegal wrote:your deadlines and prod timers are nonstandard – not something that needs to be changed at all, just something i figure is worth bringing attention to

if you're going to have day talk it needs to be for all PTs, not just the mafia PT
In post 28, northsidegal wrote:apart from that the rules seem fine except for the fact that you need to include a sample VT role PM in the rules

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by northsidegal »

having both if and who is kind of redundant given that telling you who visited also necessarily implies if anyone visited

just say who

things fall apart
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:01 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

Do you actually want to see the VT pm with the rules or do you trust me?

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:03 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i trust you but as long as you're here i figure that it's really not a huge deal

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:06 pm

Post by northsidegal »

like your rules say "mafia have daytalk" even though you say they don't so it's my job as a reviewer to bring attention to that and ask you to fix it

i trust that even if you didn't post the updated rules here that you would change them but confirming that you did is part of my obligation to the players of the game

i realize that i'm being something of a bureaucrat but it's in service to you as a mod and the players that we catch errors early in the process

things fall apart
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:07 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

Okay, I posted that from another ruleset. I'll change that mafia do not have daytalk.

NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:17 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

Is this approved?

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:32 am

Post by northsidegal »

i might not have been clear when i said "it's not a huge deal". i meant to say "it's not a huge deal for you to post your updated rules". i need you to post your rules.

things fall apart
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:09 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

Sample Vanilla Town Role PM:
You are a
Vanilla Townie

Win Conditions:

Abilities:

You have no abilities, your strength is your vote and intellect.

Follow all site rules.
Mod colour
– My mod colour is
blue
; don't use it.
Behaviour
- This is a heated game but toxicity will not be tolerated. Attack the play not the player. If your fellow players tell you to stop, you must stop. If you not stop, I will tell you to stop. If you still do not stop, you will be force-replaced. Asking people to stop voting you or to stop scumhunting you entirely doesn't count for this rule and you may find yourself eliminated if you try it.
Don't talk about ongoing games
- You may not talk to each other about this game outside of threads I have created for this purpose. You may not talk about other ongoing games in this thread.
Use of term "lynch"
- In support of the Black Lives Matter movement and to combat systematic racism, please avoid use of the word lynch when possible.
Tiny text
- The minimum text size permitted is 70.
Provable randomness
- is against the rules. Saying that you rolled a dice is fine, using dice tags or random.org is not.
Claiming scum
- by yourself is fine. Claiming scum with another player is against the rules.
Cryptography
- is forbidden. Breadcrumbing is okay.
Confirmation
- You have about 72 hours to confirm your role and your alignment by PM. Game will start sooner if everyone confirms. Posting in a private topic counts as confirmation.
Days
- Day 1 lasts 10 days and other days last 7 days. Extensions may be granted if there are replacements, or if the majority of players make it clear to me that an extension is desired.
Activity
- You must post at least once every 36 hours or I will Prod you. You then have 24 hours to post in the game thread or I will replace you. If you come back before I find a replacement, you can stay. The activity timers run at half-speed on weekends. Players can request me to prod somebody early. This will only count as an official prod if you don't post before you would have been due for a prod. If you haven't posted in the 24 hours before the thread is locked for night, you must reply to the night start PM or you will be replaced during the night.
Vacation/Limited Access
If you need to be absent for longer than this, you should declare V/LA in bold in the thread like this: @Mod: I will be v/la until Thursday. While you are V/LA, you will be nudged once every 54 hours. Two nudges equals one prod. If you have not posted game advancing content in 5 days, regardless of V/LA status, you will be replaced.
Prodging
- A naked "prod dodge" does not reset the prod timer. To avoid being prodded/replaced for inactivity, include some game advancing content in your prodges, such as "got prodded; xxxx is still scum."
Quoting
- You may not quote (or copy paste) any private information into the thread, including your role PM and any mod communication.
Voting
- Votes must be in bold in the format VOTE: Raya36 or Vote: Raya36. Strong preference for using vote tags instead of bold tags. Unvotes are nice but not required. If I think it’s a vote, it’s a vote, no tricks. Type VOTE: NoPowerOverMe/v] to vote and UNVOTE: NoPowerOverMee to unvote.
Elimination
- Days end early when a simple majority of players (50% of living players + 1 rounded down) vote to eliminate somebody. If a majority is not reached at deadline or if a majority of the players vote for no elimination, the day will end without an elimination. At evens, 50% is sufficient for no elimination.
Twilight
- Begins when a majority is reached and lasts until I lock the thread. You're still alive until I flip you so you can talk in any game threads you have access to until then, but no votes or unvotes will be counted.
Night
- Night lasts at least 48 hours. The night phase can be shortened if every living player -- even those with no night actions -- agrees to it and if I'm not busy.
Action submissions
- You may submit actions via PM (if town) or PT (if scum). If the actions are not submitted by the deadline then you do nothing. You can change your mind as many times as you like before the deadline.
Reminders
- If I don't hear from you about your night actions, I'll PM you 24 hours before the deadline. This doesn't count as a prod. If I still don't hear from you, you will take no action.
Notes PT
- Let me know if you want a private thread to store your thoughts and feedback for the other players. This thread will be made public immediately after the game. You may draft posts in your notes PT but you may not talk about your notes PT in public. You definitely may not use the notes PT to demonstrate that you've had a town mindset in private all along; just put your town mindset in public to begin with and keep your notes to yourself.
Day Talk
- Mafia do not have daytalk.
Play to win
- this particular game, not some future one, and keep it fun!

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”