Town Even Nights Simple Neighborizer
Town Non-consecutive nights Disloyal Roleblocker
Town Universal Backup
5x VT
Mafia Odd Nights Rolecop
Mafia Roleblocker Enabler
Mafia Goon

let's see how bad this is
Last edited by implosion on Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:30 pm

Post by implosion »

Primary: mastina
Secondary: Ircher
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:51 am

Post by mastina »

I kinda like it. The game is incredibly low on swing in my opinion and eyeballing it, I legit think it's in the balanced range. The town's roles give them a notable advantage, but are notably not so strong they are gamebreaking. There is very very minor anti-synergy from the neighborizer/traffic analyst, but overall their PRs feel like they give the town a tangible edge without being overwhelmingly strong. None of the roles feel like they are innately going to inherently be believed or disbelieved, on both sides for that matter.

It feels like a game where scum have reasonable agency, but not unlimited agency, and which revolves largely around dayplay rather than mechanics/nightplay.

I do wanna hear Ircher's thoughts there tho to gutcheck my feelings here, see if he thinks there's any glaring issues I'm glossing over, but if not I'm thinking of just passing it as-is.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:09 am

Post by innocentvillager »

ooooh wow I’m shocked that this was in the passable range! thnk u this was my first setup lmao
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:45 am

Post by Ircher »

I think my only concern about this setup is the 1-shot bulletproof traffic analyst. Bulletproofs are a bit annoying to play around as scum especially when they are on a powerful PR. Traffic analyst is a pretty strong role in general as it can generate cop-level clears, and there are not many roles in this setup that would generate false guilties, so it is a reliable investigative. Now, the good thing about traffic analyst is that it becomes useless when one scum is left (and due to the neighborizer, it will gradually weaken across the game anyway)s), but scum will most likely have to deal with the role being alive most of the game due to the bulletproof.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:01 am

Gotcha that makes sense. I wasn’t sure where to put that, I felt like I wanted some more protection against night kills (including from the Novice Vig). Should we just take out the 1shot bullet proof then?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:56 am

role PMs taking out the 1-shot bulletproof:

Spoiler: Role PMs
Vanilla TownieHello, and welcome to GAME NUMBER!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

Your only powers are your voice and your vote.

You win when all mafia members are dead and at least one town member is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm by sending me a PM with your role and alignment.

Town Novice 1-Shot VigilanteHello, and welcome to GAME NUMBER!

You are a
Town Novice 1-Shot Vigilante

On exactly one night other than Night 1, you may visit a player. Assuming no interference, that player will die.

You win when all mafia members are dead and at least one town member is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Town Traffic AnalystHello, and welcome to GAME NUMBER!

You are a
Town Traffic Analyst

Each night you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will learn whether or not that player is able to privately communicate with another living player (you cannot distinguish between a player who is alone in a private topic, and a player who does not have private topic access at all).

Town Universal BackupHello, and welcome to GAME NUMBER!

You are a
Town Universal Backup

You will inherit the role of Town power roles who die, losing this ability in the process.

You have no active abilities.

Town Non-Consecutive Nights Disloyal RoleblockerHello, and welcome to GAME NUMBER!

You are a
Town Non-Consecutive Nights Disloyal Roleblocker

Each night, you may target a player if you did not target anyone the previous night. Assuming no interference with your action, that player's active abilities will be blocked that night. Your ability will fail if you target someone whose alignment is the same as your own.

Town Even Nights Simple NeighborizerHello, and welcome to GAME NUMBER!

You are a

On even numbered nights (Night 2, Night 4, etc.), you may target a player. The first time you succeed, you will create a neighborhood topic with that player; after that, any additional targets will be added to that topic. Your action will fail if you target a player whose role is not the vanilla role for their alignment.

Mafia goonHello, and welcome to GAME NUMBER!

You are a
Mafia Goon

You share a private topic with PLAYER, who is a Mafia Roleblocker Enabler, and PLAYER, who is a Mafia Odd Nights Rolecop. You may discuss the game at all times with them here: LINK GOES HERE. You share a factional nightkill with them: each night, one of you may target a player. If successful, that player will die.

You win when all town members are dead and at least one mafia member is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Mafia Roleblocker EnablerHello, and welcome to GAME NUMBER!

You are a

You share a private topic with PLAYER, who is a Mafia Goon, and PLAYER, who is a Mafia Odd Nights Rolecop. You may discuss the game at all times with them here: LINK GOES HERE. You share a factional nightkill with them: each night, one of you may target a player. If successful, that player will die.

If you die, any roleblocker abilities in the game will stop working.

You win when all town members are dead and at least one mafia member is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Mafia Odd Nights RolecopHello, and welcome to GAME NUMBER!

You are a
Mafia Odd Nights Rolecop

You share a private topic with PLAYER, who is a Mafia Goon, and PLAYER, who is a Mafia Roleblocker Enabler. You may discuss the game at all times with them here: LINK GOES HERE. You share a factional nightkill with them: each night, one of you may target a player. If successful, that player will die.

On odd numbered nights (Night 1, Night 3, etc.), you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will learn that player's role (but not their alignment).

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:47 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 5, innocentvillager wrote:Gotcha that makes sense. I wasn’t sure where to put that, I felt like I wanted some more protection against night kills (including from the Novice Vig). Should we just take out the 1shot bullet proof then?
Should be fine, yes.

It should be noted that the rolecop cannot kill and use their action the same night, but the roles look good.

(Also, tho unlikely to occur, there should be priority for what happens if the first two power roles to die, die on the same night to the vig and the mafia kill. Is important to set before the game.)
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:47 pm

so even if the Rolecop is the last mafia, are they not allowed to rolecop and kill in the same night?

is there no agreed precedent for which of the vig/mafia kill happens first? (if not can we just say the mafia happens first arbitrarily, so Universal Backup would become the mafia kill's role). And do I have to include that in the Universal Backup's role PM (or anyone's)?
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:06 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 8, innocentvillager wrote:1) so even if the Rolecop is the last mafia, are they not allowed to rolecop and kill in the same night?

2) is there no agreed precedent for which of the vig/mafia kill happens first? (if not can we just say the mafia happens first arbitrarily, so Universal Backup would become the mafia kill's role).

3) And do I have to include that in the Universal Backup's role PM (or anyone's)?
1) Nope.
2) Nope. One of the things to realize is that the normal role whitelist is rather large, and it's hard to specify all yhe various interactions between roles. Thus, some things are judgement calls by the NRG, and others are left to the individual moderators. This is a situation that happens rarely in a normal game, so there isn't a great need to standardize it.
3) Nope. I would advise against actually putting it in the role pms as it implies certain things about the setup. It's more of a "if it happens" or "if you are asked" kind of thing.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:26 pm

Cool, thanks that makes sense! Am I good to go once I add the line “You may not perform both your factional kill and your rolecop ability in the same night” in the Mafia Odd Nights Rolecop PM?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:18 am

Post by mastina »

In post 10, innocentvillager wrote:Cool, thanks that makes sense! Am I good to go once I add the line “You may not perform both your factional kill and your rolecop ability in the same night” in the Mafia Odd Nights Rolecop PM?
You are!
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:55 am

cool, thanks for the speedy review!

Final Setup
:

Town Novice 1-Shot vigilante
Town Traffic Analyst
Town Universal Backup
5x VT
Mafia Goon
Mafia Odd Nights Rolecop

Spoiler: Final Generic Role PMs
Vanilla TownieHello, and welcome to GAME NUMBER!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

Your only powers are your voice and your vote.

Town Novice 1-Shot VigilanteHello, and welcome to GAME NUMBER!

You are a
Town Novice 1-Shot Vigilante

On exactly one night other than Night 1, you may visit a player. Assuming no interference, that player will die.

Town Traffic AnalystHello, and welcome to GAME NUMBER!

You are a
Town Traffic Analyst

Each night you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will learn whether or not that player is able to privately communicate with another living player (you cannot distinguish between a player who is alone in a private topic, and a player who does not have private topic access at all).

Town Universal BackupHello, and welcome to GAME NUMBER!

You are a
Town Universal Backup

You will inherit the role of Town power roles who die, losing this ability in the process.

You have no active abilities.

Town Non-Consecutive Nights Disloyal RoleblockerHello, and welcome to GAME NUMBER!

You are a

Each night, you may target a player if you did not target anyone the previous night. Assuming no interference with your action, that player's active abilities will be blocked that night. Your ability will fail if you target someone whose alignment is the same as your own.

Town Even Nights Simple NeighborizerHello, and welcome to GAME NUMBER!

You are a

On even numbered nights (Night 2, Night 4, etc.), you may target a player. The first time you succeed, you will create a neighborhood topic with that player; after that, any additional targets will be added to that topic. Your action will fail if you target a player whose role is not the vanilla role for their alignment.

Mafia goonHello, and welcome to GAME NUMBER!

You are a
Mafia Goon

You share a private topic with PLAYER, who is a Mafia Roleblocker Enabler, and PLAYER, who is a Mafia Odd Nights Rolecop. You may discuss the game at all times with them here: LINK GOES HERE. You share a factional nightkill with them: each night, one of you may target a player. If successful, that player will die.

Mafia Roleblocker EnablerHello, and welcome to GAME NUMBER!

You are a

You share a private topic with PLAYER, who is a Mafia Goon, and PLAYER, who is a Mafia Odd Nights Rolecop. You may discuss the game at all times with them here: LINK GOES HERE. You share a factional nightkill with them: each night, one of you may target a player. If successful, that player will die.

If you die, any roleblocker abilities in the game will stop working.

Mafia Odd Nights RolecopHello, and welcome to GAME NUMBER!

You are a
Mafia Odd Nights Rolecop

You share a private topic with PLAYER, who is a Mafia Goon, and PLAYER, who is a Mafia Roleblocker Enabler. You may discuss the game at all times with them here: LINK GOES HERE. You share a factional nightkill with them: each night, one of you may target a player. If successful, that player will die.

On odd numbered nights (Night 1, Night 3, etc.), you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will learn that player's role (but not their alignment).

You may not perform both your factional kill and your rolecop ability in the same night.

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”