Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:41 pm

Post by Gypyx »

ah, well, it looks like it doesn't have the best of phrasings?
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (4/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:09 am

Post by Isis »

It fails as if roleblocked in the sense that you can generate no result PMs. Trackers and watchers see the attempt because normal queue mechanics are actually kind of a conflated dumpster fire.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:23 am

Post by Kerset »

Spoiler: VT
Welcome x! You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no active ability.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Confirm by replying to this PM with a summary of your role.

Spoiler: Cop
Welcome x! You are a
Town Cop

You have the following active ability:
Each Night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will learn whether that player wins with Town.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Spoiler: N1 Combined FriendlyNeighbor Neighborizer Cop
Welcome x! You are a
Town N1 Combined FriendlyNeighbor Neighborizer Cop

During Night 1, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will receive a message from the moderator that states that you are Town, additionally you will learn whether that player wins with Town, also private thread will be created for two of you, you may talk with each other at all time.

Spoiler: N2N3 Commuter
Welcome x! You are a
Town N2N3 Commuter

During Night 2 and Night 3, you may decide to commute. During commute you will be untargetable by any means.

Spoiler: Ascetic Townie
Welcome x! You are an
Ascetic Townie

Actions that target you, other than kills, will fail as if roleblocked.

You have no active abilities.

Spoiler: Vengeful Townie
Welcome x! You are a
Vengeful Townie

When you are eliminated, you may target another player in the game to attempt to kill them.

Spoiler: 1-shot Babysitter Town Neighbor
Welcome x! You are a
1-shot Babysitter Town Neighbor
You and z share a neighborhood. You may talk to them here at all time.

Once in the game at Night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will be protected from one direct kill, but will die if you are killed.

Spoiler: Cop-Finder
Welcome to game! You are a
Mafia Cop-Finder
Your team-mates are x y z. You may talk to them here at all time.

You have the following active abilities:

Each night, if no other member of your faction is performing this action, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will die.
Each Night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will learn whether that player is Cop.

You win if at least one mafia member is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Spoiler: 1-shot Loud Visitor
Mafia 1-shot Loud Visitor

You have the following active abilities:

Each night, if no other member of your faction is performing this action, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will die.
Once per Game during Night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, your target will be notified that you visited them.

You win if at least one mafia member is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Spoiler: Mafia Neighbor
Mafia Neighbor
You and w share a neighborhood. You may talk to them here at all time.

Spoiler: Informed Mafia
Welcome to game! You are an
Informed Mafia

You are informed that in this game there are exactly 5 town active power roles. This information will be redacted during your flip.

Your target wins with Town
Your target doesn't win with Town

Your target is Cop
Your target is not Cop

You are informed that Kerset is member of town. From now, you share a private thread.
Kerset visited you last night
giv me pagetop :(
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:44 am

Post by Kerset »

Rules

Borrowed from Plotinus

• Follow all site rules.

• Mod colour
    – My mod colour is FF8000; i will cut off your fingers for using it.
  • Behaviour
    - Don’t be a dick. This is a heated game but toxicity will not be tolerated. Attack the play not the player. If your fellow players tell you to stop, you must stop. If you do not stop, I will tell you to stop. If you still do not stop, you will be force-replaced. Asking people to stop voting you or to stop scumhunting you entirely doesn't count for this rule and you may find yourself eliminated if you try it.
  • Don't talk about ongoing games
    - You may not talk to each other about this game outside of threads I have created for this purpose. You may not talk about other ongoing games in this thread.
  • Animated GIFs
    - are of the devil, but they are permitted behind spoilers if clearly labelled as such.
  • Tiny text
    - is also of the devil, keep it 70+ please.
  • Provable randomness
    - is against the rules. Saying that you rolled a dice is fine, using dice tags or random.org is not.
  • Claiming scum
    - by yourself is fine. Claiming scum with another player is against the rules.
  • Cryptography
    - is forbidden. Breadcrumbing is okay.
  • Confirmation
    - You have about 72 hours to confirm your role and your alignment by PM. Game will start sooner if at least 12 players confirms. Posting in a private topic counts as confirmation.
  • Days
    - Day lasts 10 IRL days. Extensions may be granted if there are replacements.
  • Activity
    - You must post at least once every 48 hours or I will Prod you. You then have 48 hours to post in the game thread or I will replace you. A player who has been prodded 3 times will be subject to replacement with no further notice. If you come back before I find a replacement, you can stay. Players can request me to prod somebody early. This will only count as an official prod if you don't post before you would have been due for a prod. If you haven't posted in the 24 hours before the thread is locked for night, you must reply to the night start PM or you will be replaced during the night.
  • Vacation/Limited Access
    - If you need to be absent for longer than this, you should declare V/LA in bold in the thread like this:
    @Mod: I will be v/la until Thursday
    . While you are V/LA, you will be nudged once every 54 hours. Two nudges equals one prod. If you have not posted game advancing content in 5 days, regardless of V/LA status, you will be replaced.
  • Prodging
    - A naked "prod dodge" does not reset the prod timer. To avoid being prodded/replaced for inactivity, include some game advancing content in your prodges, such as "got prodded; xxxx is still scum."
  • Quoting
    - You may not quote (or copy paste) any private information into the thread, including your role PM and any mod communication.
  • Voting
    - Votes must be in bold in the format VOTE: Kerset or Vote: Kerset. Strong preference for using vote tags instead of bold tags. Unvotes are nice but not required. If I think it’s a vote, it’s a vote, no tricks. Type VOTE: Kerset to vote and UNVOTE: Kerset to unvote.
  • Eliminating
    - Days end early when a simple majority of players (50% of living players + 1 rounded down) vote to eliminate somebody. If a majority is not reached at deadline or if a majority of the players vote for no elimination, the day will end without a elimination. At evens, 50% is sufficient for no elimination.
  • Twilight
    - Begins when a majority is reached and lasts until I lock the thread. You're still alive until I flip you so you can talk in any game threads you have access to until then, but no votes or unvotes will be counted.
  • Night
    - Night lasts at least 48 hours. The night phase can be shortened if every living player -- even those with no night actions -- agrees to it and if I'm not busy.
  • Daytalk
    - By default there is daytalk.
  • Action submissions
    - You may submit actions via PM (if town) or PT (if scum). If the actions are not submitted by the deadline then you do nothing. You can change your mind as many times as you like before the deadline.
  • Reminders
    - If I don't hear from you about your night actions, I'll PM you 24 hours before the deadline. This doesn't count as a prod. If I still don't hear from you, you will take no action.
  • Notes PT
    - Let me know if you want a private thread to store your thoughts and feedback for the other players. This thread will be made public immediately after the game. You may draft posts in your notes PT but you may not talk about your notes PT in public. You definitely may not use the notes PT to demonstrate that you've had a town mindset in private all along; just put your town mindset in public to begin with and keep your notes to yourself.
  • Play to win
    - this particular game, not some future one, and keep it fun!
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:44 am

Post by Kerset »

Anything else?
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:00 am

Post by Gypyx »

looking good to me
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (4/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:33 am

Post by Isis »

I don't know if it's a pt thing (VOTE: peace?) But the vote tags in plotinus's voting rule is messed up. Anyway I approve
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:15 pm