ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:49 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

Bumping this for a rules/policy clarification. The Traitor Mailman wants to send a message "You have received a Friendly Neighbor message. Looker is aligned with Town." With the formatting of the message, this will not go well for him. Should I step in here and tell him how the message is formatted when delivered, or is that mod interference?
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:53 pm

Post by implosion »

first off, let me just say: "argh"

second off, thank you for correctly formatting the message

third off... y'know, i don't actually have a strong opinion on whether or not you should clarify. I think it's easy to argue that it isn't mod interference because it's clear based on the message that they have a misunderstanding of what the mailman role does, and you didn't *explicitly* say in your role PM that "messages look like "You received a message from a mailman: MESSAGE"" or however they're phrased.

So if you want to clarify it you can IMO.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:55 pm

Post by implosion »

Like, if a gunsmith sent you a PM saying "i'm targeting X, hope no one protects them" i think i'd be okay with a clarification PM that gunsmiths aren't firing guns, just searching for them.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:00 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

Yeah, I don't specify how it's sent formatting-wise, only that it's anonymous. I'm going to send a clarification PM, thanks for the quick response!
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:31 am

Post by Isis »

Wow

Gonna go with what implo said.

To drill down a bit, formatting is one thing but attribution is critical here. "Anonymous" means you'll use some kind of formatting that indicates a player sent the message but not which player. The FN trick only works if the communication is being attributed or possibly being attributed to the mod. That's not what mailman does, mailman makes it clear an anonymous -player- wrote the message.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:03 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Review can be released.

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”