Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4350 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:51 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Quick: Can you go into why you believe it's Shea and Shadoweh now, instead of yesterday, where you thought he was town. I want you to go into that. Then tell me what you think of Shadoweh. (Since I know you had her as null before)
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4351 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:16 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 4350, Ranmaru wrote:Quick: Can you go into why you believe it's Shea and Shadoweh now, instead of yesterday, where you thought he was town. I want you to go into that. Then tell me what you think of Shadoweh. (Since I know you had her as null before)
I said based on play I had Marquis/Shadoweh as Scum.

I just gave something to look at regarding shea that no one commented on.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4352 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:17 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2504, LicketyQuickety wrote:
Votecount 3.6

Dunnstral(2)
~ ,
Cogito Ergo Sum(2)
~ ,
Thestatusquo(1)
~

Not Voting (2): Marquis, northsidegal

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Day 3 deadline is in (expired on 2018-03-02 07:15:00)

FLAVORThis is an automated vote count generated by a tool written by MathBlade. It goes much smoother with exact votes but will try to detect bold votes and misspellings. If you have issues during this beta, please get MathBlade.
Let's take a look at this votecount LQ posted. Who is the leading wagon? Marquis. Who is among the secondary wagons? CES. How many posts were between this and the point where I tried to revive the game over a day later? 37. Average posts per day on Day 3? 104. So while we had a wagon on someone else and the secondary suspect was our flipped scum, there were about a third of the average posts for the game day for the one day follwing the wagon hitting the point where it peaked before the stall. And this isn't even checking things before Ran's Marquis vote. I would be astonished if anyone tried to tell me the game wasn't stalled then.
this is all based on Aneninen's unexpected gamestall tell for anyone wondering
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4353 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Gamma: There wasn't much movement from others, like Action Dan, NSG, and Lycanfire. So, I think it was stalled because mostly, people stuck to their guns. The only reason CES picked up steam was because Lycanfire, Davsto, NSG were sitting on him. Then Quick, you, and Shea hopped on afterwards due to NSG's case. Why does it stall and move to CES? I think I just answered that question. Yet, you think it's possible it stalled because she was town? That would mean that town overall noticed she was townie (when this wasn't the case) and rejected CES's push. She got to L-1, so I don't think that's the case. Although I unvoted, because I was wary of Shea's vote.

I think we shouldn't just consider the wagon stall. We should also consider Marquis's individual play, and their interactions with CES and association to CES. I want you to ISO Marquis, compare to Shadoweh. Then I want you to ISO CES, looking for association to see if they seem like scum together.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4354 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:29 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Shea, when you are around, I want to talk to you. I think the team of LQ-Shadoweh is most likely.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4355 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:53 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Davsto: Who do you think is scum today?
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #4356 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:51 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Hello my dudes, this is basically a prod dodge as I'm wrecked from a night of busywork and I do most of my posting from work. (I'm going back to sleep after posting this.) We thought the most likely scenario was a LQ/Dan team so him not being here is pretty weird. Something like a Ran/Gamma team doesn't seem likely so I'm wondering if LQ/TSQ or someone with Davsto makes sense. I'd rather be impatient and just vote so we can have some real arguments but my team said that's probably reckless. :V

It's nice to know Ran still thinks I'm scum with the person I want to lynch the most. I don't understand you sometimes but I'm not the kind of person who plays chicken like that.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4357 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:48 am

Post by MathBlade »

Votecount 5.2

No Lynch(1)
~ (6)

Not Voting (5): Davsto(2), Gamma Emerald(5), Shadoweh(1), Thestatusquo(14), Ranmaru(11)

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

Day 5 deadline is in (expired on 2018-04-04 04:41:07)
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #4358 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:15 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 4341, Thestatusquo wrote:Why did you vote for ranmaru all day and then switch to dunn reluctantly if many of your reasons for voting ranmaru were based on Dunn being scum together???

This doesn't really ring true to me.

Am I losing my mind?
To a certain extent it was a silly matter of pride - to me, a Ran lynch was much more satisfying to end the game on than a Dun lynch. Plus there were a couple of Ran things (e.g. his CES defence) that were independent of Dun, and with Ran being a higher volume poster it meant my read was more confident since there was more to go off. My Dun vote wasn't an "ugh I guess I'll vote this to prevent nolynch", it was "my preferred scumlynch isn't an option so I'll go for this slightly less preferred (but still likely scum) lynch".
In post 4355, Ranmaru wrote:Davsto: Who do you think is scum today?
Genuinely? Not a fucking clue. One of my main two scumreads flipped town (Dun), my other main one I now have doubts enough that I don't wish to lynch (you), and one of my people who I was going to look at harder today has also flipped town (AD). I've been left in... quite the predicament, because honestly I've weakened on my shadoweh scumread now so I literally think that all four of GE/LQ/TSQ/Shadoweh could potentially be scum.

Honestly I'm up for a nolynch too because literally any death would be useful to me (except my own but that could still help the gamestate). I was doubting it because it does mean we have to get the entire town voting scum tomorrow to win (since scum won't bus to lynch) but I'm so stuck on reads it'd be helpful. Not gonna vote yet because I don't know how many it takes to nolynch.

@mod - How many does it take to nolynch? Is it the number of players it takes to lynch (i.e. 4) or is it a number of players such that a lynch cannot be reached with the remained (i.e. 3)?
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4359 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:43 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Why did your shadoweh scumread weaken? What do you think of my reasons for suspecting Shadoweh/Marquis?

Gamma, Shea, talk to me here.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4360 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:47 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 4353, Ranmaru wrote:Gamma: There wasn't much movement from others, like Action Dan, NSG, and Lycanfire. So, I think it was stalled because mostly, people stuck to their guns. The only reason CES picked up steam was because Lycanfire, Davsto, NSG were sitting on him. Then Quick, you, and Shea hopped on afterwards due to NSG's case. Why does it stall and move to CES? I think I just answered that question. Yet, you think it's possible it stalled because she was town? That would mean that town overall noticed she was townie (when this wasn't the case) and rejected CES's push. She got to L-1, so I don't think that's the case. Although I unvoted, because I was wary of Shea's vote.

I think we shouldn't just consider the wagon stall. We should also consider Marquis's individual play, and their interactions with CES and association to CES. I want you to ISO Marquis, compare to Shadoweh. Then I want you to ISO CES, looking for association to see if they seem like scum together.
Just because town doesn't move doesn't mean I can't call it a scum motivated gamestall. I still feel like it was.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4361 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Also I'm gonna go back to those opening pages like I did d3 and read them again with what I know now
<Embrace The Void>

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4362 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:07 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 4359, Ranmaru wrote:Why did your shadoweh scumread weaken? What do you think of my reasons for suspecting Shadoweh/Marquis?

Gamma, Shea, talk to me here.
I dont want to because there seems to be some momentum towards a no lynch and as I have explained if we're going to do that I absolutely do not want to discuss things that give scum a better idea of who their kill should be.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #4363 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:36 am

Post by Shadoweh »

My team updated me to say I should shut up and no-lynch. implosion seems to think it would help solve the game.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4364 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:20 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4358, Davsto wrote:
In post 4341, Thestatusquo wrote:Why did you vote for ranmaru all day and then switch to dunn reluctantly if many of your reasons for voting ranmaru were based on Dunn being scum together???

This doesn't really ring true to me.

Am I losing my mind?
To a certain extent it was a silly matter of pride - to me, a Ran lynch was much more satisfying to end the game on than a Dun lynch. Plus there were a couple of Ran things (e.g. his CES defence) that were independent of Dun, and with Ran being a higher volume poster it meant my read was more confident since there was more to go off. My Dun vote wasn't an "ugh I guess I'll vote this to prevent nolynch", it was "my preferred scumlynch isn't an option so I'll go for this slightly less preferred (but still likely scum) lynch".
In post 4355, Ranmaru wrote:Davsto: Who do you think is scum today?
Genuinely? Not a fucking clue. One of my main two scumreads flipped town (Dun), my other main one I now have doubts enough that I don't wish to lynch (you), and one of my people who I was going to look at harder today has also flipped town (AD). I've been left in... quite the predicament, because honestly I've weakened on my shadoweh scumread now so I literally think that all four of GE/LQ/TSQ/Shadoweh could potentially be scum.

Honestly I'm up for a nolynch too because literally any death would be useful to me (except my own but that could still help the gamestate). I was doubting it because it does mean we have to get the entire town voting scum tomorrow to win (since scum won't bus to lynch) but I'm so stuck on reads it'd be helpful. Not gonna vote yet because I don't know how many it takes to nolynch.

@mod - How many does it take to nolynch? Is it the number of players it takes to lynch (i.e. 4) or is it a number of players such that a lynch cannot be reached with the remained (i.e. 3)?
It takes 4 to no lynch and end the day early.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4365 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:39 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Would a no lynch be advisable at this point still? We seem to have 3/4 needed
<Embrace The Void>

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4366 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:36 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Only if you have no idea who is scum. I am confident we can win today.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4367 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:22 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 4366, Ranmaru wrote:Only if you have no idea who is scum. I am confident we can win today.
:roll:
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4368 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:04 am

Post by Ranmaru »

I will compose a case later, and propose why I think we should lynch today.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4369 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:04 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I wish we were all in favor of a no lynch or all opposed. We're in this middle ground where we're still posting information for the scum but might not NL.

So I will propose a deadline.

I'm going to VOTE: No Lynch

If this doesn't happen in the next 48 hours then I'll switch to try hard trying to lynch today and will not consider a NL after that point.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #4370 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:12 am

Post by Davsto »

VOTE: No lynch

NL-1

Not ignoring questions, just won't answer until tomorrow because nolynching and not giving scum info and stuff
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4371 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:14 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Also I will be VLA more than usual this weekend. I'll be out of town without computer access.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4372 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:54 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: No Lynch
I think this is the best option
<Embrace The Void>

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4373 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:05 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I thought you said you were opposed to NL? What changed your mind?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4374 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I was only not okay with it if we generated too much content. Given that we still were voting it I figured we hadn't so I decided it was better just to do it.
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”