Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #58 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:59 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Hi all. Won’t have a chance to get really stuck in until this evening (GMT) but the Goo is confident that a
Vote: LLD
is the best place to start. She went out of her way to draw scum in the last Team Mafia and wouldn’t let a little thing like having her preference being public knowledge stop her from taking a scum PM again if possible.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #119 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:59 am

LLD: My preliminary lunch-break skimread of the skirt stuff is that it’s weird that he’s acting like his who-picked-scum theorising started here in this thread rather than in his team PT. Your criticism of his levels of conviction is reasonable. Caveat: I don’t know him at all and I can’t remember if I know anything about his team. Agree that mathdino looks very town.

More in-depth read of the game coming this evening as promised.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #192 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:59 am

In post 18, skirt skirt wrote:I adamantly believe Keychain and Dunker are town off of this game
Dunker hadn't yet posted by the time that you made this post. Why did you already believe that he is town?
In post 20, Mathdino wrote:I would be surprised if CDB comes back and goes scum after however many years (or has he been playing recently?).
Forgive me if I've forgotten, but have we played together before?
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #194 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:03 am

In post 27, Keychain wrote:I'm interested in your Elena nullread, I'm leaning more scum there.
I'm trying really hard to imagine someone actually being interested in the nature of someone's page-one null read, and I can't.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #199 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:15 am

In post 193, Mathdino wrote:1. CDB, have you not yet read the meta-arguments for people choosing their side, or do you just disagree with that logic?
This seems to be implying that I poo-pooed an argument of this kind of somewhere, which I don't remember doing. I've skimmed most of the thread already before this proper read, so technically I have read some of the meta talk, and generally I'm in favour. I mean, I'm literally voting for LLD right now because I think that, if her team got at least one scum PM, she took one. But it's harder for me to connect to some of those meta-reads w/r/t people I don't know, which unfortunately covers most of the players in this game. The fact that most of those meta-reads will be being made by people I also don't know makes it harder for me to put blind faith in them. So I'm probably going to be nice and hypocritical about it, pushing on my own meta reads while mostly ignoring other people's.
2. We haven't but I'm pretty sure you're the most famous scummer from
that
side of the pond. You've shown up in more than a few older reads. You come off as someone who would be more comfortable with town unless practiced.
Apologies to my fellow Brits, I suppose, but you're correct that I would prefer being town in this scenario. I would have been willing to play scum to protect other members of my team if needs be, but luckily that wasn't necessary.
give us reads o english one
This is me working on that right now. I was gonna read up, take notes, and do a big post but it looks like it's shaping up to be more updates-as-I-go.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #214 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:54 am

In post 63, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 58, ChannelDelibird wrote:Hi all. Won’t have a chance to get really stuck in until this evening (GMT) but the Goo is confident that a
Vote: LLD
is the best place to start. She went out of her way to draw scum in the last Team Mafia and wouldn’t let a little thing like having her preference being public knowledge stop her from taking a scum PM again if possible.
When you get a chance can you read Skirt's opening interaction with MathDino and reply with thoughts specifically wrt my posting and Math's posting on the past 2 pages.

Thanks.
I reread everything a few times to see if I could see it the exact same way that you did, and while I agree that there is a difference in levels of conviction between Skirt and Dino (and that that is one of the main things that I look for when scumhunting), I am readier to accept that as a product of the lack of private-topic discussion that Skirt has proclaimed*. What I find more concerning specifically is the predicting that he'd get dinged for agreeing too much and playing it off in a 'please be more interesting' way. Self-consciousness happens to both town and scum, but the forced way he plays it cool there feels like it is more likely to fall on the scummy side of that. Still working out what I make of his playstyle in general, though.

*That said, Skirt, you're a sweet summer child if you think I'll actually be reading anyone's past games for this.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #215 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:55 am

In post 64, Keychain wrote:
In post 61, skirt skirt wrote:I spoke to my team about whos read this game just for you baby

transcend called dino town, giga eyerolled at lld's scumread of me and called them gut town
This seems very shallow.
And yet this more meaningfully so.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #219 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:02 am

Elena coming into page 3 suspicious of Mathdino feels like a thing scum wouldn't push at that point.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #228 (isolation #8) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:12 am

In post 217, skirt skirt wrote:
In post 215, ChannelDelibird wrote:And yet this more meaningfully so.
hm?
Given that there was discussion about how much attention your teammates had already been paying to this game, I wasn't surprised that you'd pass on something in the way and tone that you did, and while it
was
shallow, that wasn't the point of the post, and making a post purely to say 'well this is shallow' as if to cast aspersions on you feels exceedingly easy, the kind of low-effort scumread I'd jump on as scum.
Have you played with Transcend before? Do you know why he'd think 119 was a scum claim from you?
I at least recognise Transcend's username, which is more than I can say for many people in this competition, but if we ever played together then I'm afraid that I don't remember it at all.

The words you paraphrased in 135 don't seem to actually involve calling my vote a scumclaim, only that Transcend "didn't like it", but if that was actually the strength of his conviction then that'd be ridiculous. I can imagine someone not liking the vote, though I'd be close to calling them factually wrong for it, but being factually wrong about that kind of thing doesn't mean much.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #235 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:27 am

In post 78, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 16, skirt skirt wrote:
<big post snipped by CDB but the quote link might be helpful for following the conversation>
In this post he even kind of gets his "joking pre-game quick read shit" out of the way, calls it useless, and then asks for someone to play the "who would take scum PM" game with him

How can that sequence of events be interpreted as a joke if you actualy read that sequence of events? I don't understand.
It's a bit weird, but there's so much more hedging in #18, as already noted, and I guess it also contains the word 'lol', so I can kind of imagine it being taken in a jokey way, in a sort of 'deliberately bad' way. If that reads like I'm jumping through hoops to make Elena's interpretation make sense, that's because I am a little bit as the alternative is that Elena didn't interpret that way and is constructing a weird fiction around it that she'd know would look implausible, and I don't really see what the point of that would be, so I feel like the simplest explanation - 'she did read it that way' - is probably correct.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #239 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:35 am

In post 126, Bins wrote:skirt skirt - He said he would take the scum PM, he said Transcend would take the scum PM, he said they didn't get a scum PM. Skrew pointed this out as weird right when it happened.
I would take scum if we rolled scum (lol we all rolled town I stg not that you know that) if we valued winning over everything because I have a significantly better scum wr than my team afaik, but I wouldn't if we were playing more socially and for fun.
I can tell you straight up if we had rolled a scum pm I would have not wanted to take it. We didn't regardless which is good because none of us wanted it. Probably would've given it to Transcend tbh
???
???
?????
The posts are consistent - if Skirt is in this game for fun as his top priority over victory.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #240 (isolation #11) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:37 am

In post 236, Mathdino wrote:Tonereading is, in the most part, shit.

That said, I have a quality read on CDB's last few posts.

VERY strong Brit-read.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #245 (isolation #12) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:40 am

See, Skirt, and here I was just coming in to point out that this post...
In post 154, skirt skirt wrote:I know exactly what you mean. I don't think team mafia is the place for my shitposting style. Nor my spam or rxn test styles. I'm trying to make sure this doesn't devolve into one of the games I get into a massive 1v1 and create a toxic gamestate, you've been in 1 or 2 games with me where that's happened recently I think. If you'll notice, I'm also trying to compile posts instead of multiposting.
...seems less consistent with that mindset.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #253 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:49 am

That's pretty much what I wanted to get in reply, Skirt.

Dino, I'm a Southampton fan, though I haven't paid the game any attention for a couple of years (burnout from my previous job in football journalism).
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #260 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:05 am

Skimmed the last handful of pages a little more than I intended because this took longer than I expected and I have other stuff I need to do before bed, but quick summary of where I'm at:

I'd be voting for Keychain if this were any old game, but for now I still prefer my vote on LLD. I would be interested to see a Bins wagon, though no guarantees I'd actually get on it.

Little ping on Skirt for tone earlier, W slash R slash T his self-consciousness, but a few pages later am less bothered by it now that I've seen a little bit more of him, and am interested in keeping him around for further study.

Dino, Dunker and Elena are town enough that my life will be easier if I just don't acknowledge them as serious candidates for a lynch Today. Of those, Dino is the only one I would describe as 'strong town' but it'll all do for now.

I should probably have a read on Radja but I don't. Very mild townpoints for stated meta reasons, I guess.

I would like to see a little more from Smocaine and A50.

T-Bone, Aeronaut and UCV are purportedly in this game.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #331 (isolation #15) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:21 am

In post 318, Bulbazak wrote:@CDB: Can you give me more about your Key scumread? I thought his entrance felt off, but with everything else that's happened in this thread, he still feels like a big pile of blah to me. I'm wondering if you saw something that I missed yet gut picked up on.
Two instances of asking questions or making points that are entirely vapid, looking to me more like scum busywork than genuine scumhunting. The relevant posts are quoted in my iso (I’d find them now but I’m on mobile.)
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #333 (isolation #16) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:32 am

Radja, talk to me about why you’re not voting for A50 right now.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #334 (isolation #17) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:34 am

I’m gonna need people to call that guy ‘Almost’, actually, lest I think people are referring to Article 50 and develop an unfairly biased scumread on him as if he were Nigel Farage.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #367 (isolation #18) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:02 am

In post 339, Mathdino wrote:CDB, I think you should trust the Keychain townread for now, given that almost everyone is agreed on her meta, her preferences, and her entrance into this game.
Let's just call my lack of vote on her me meeting you halfway here.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #407 (isolation #19) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:21 am

I could really, really do with a vote count.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #423 (isolation #20) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:27 am

MOD:
I voted for LLD in my first post and have not since unvoted.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #424 (isolation #21) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:32 am

Hey Almost, where did your Bins vote come from? I can't find anything to support it in your iso.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #428 (isolation #22) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:39 am

In post 426, Almost50 wrote:
In post 424, ChannelDelibird wrote:Hey Almost, where did your Bins vote come from? I can't find anything to support it in your iso.
:lol:
Yeah, I know, we're very different players, it's hilarious. I'm not super high on patience right now and would really like to be able to get a stronger foothold in this game. Please, if you want the town to win (or want to appear like you do), just indulge me a bit and talk about it, even if most of the answer involves explaining why I'm an idiot for asking.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #436 (isolation #23) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:19 pm

Thanks, Almost. I appreciate it.

I'm not going to jump on the wagon right now. Before you replied to me here, I was a bit skeeved out by its existence, as last night I had said that I'd be interested to see a Bins wagon appear, and lo and behold one appeared that didn't appear to have materialised for much of any particular reason. I am trying to work out exactly how much this should bother me.
In post 433, Almost50 wrote:
In post 418, Bins wrote:
In post 409, Mathdino wrote:I don't feel great about disagreeing with Creature, but for now, sure.
VOTE: Bins

i don’t know how i go from “probtown” to becoming a contender for you
like paranoia is real
And she ignores Dino's read development on her and refers only to his initial TR.
I actually think, now that you've laid out the entire timeline of this in exhaustion, that Bins has a bit of a point here. All we see of Dino reconsidering on Bins is that one of his team thinks her entrance was "weird", which might be literally the bare minimum of detail that could be provided.

----

Take your time, LLD. Hope you feel better soon.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #524 (isolation #24) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:52 pm

Keychain, what’s your read on me?
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #648 (isolation #25) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:42 am

Limited access warning: I’ll be away at a trade show until ~24 hours from now and will be exhausted when I get back. Should be able to keep reading but dunno how much I’ll really be taking in during that time.

I am looking forward to Bins’ readlist and LLD’s return. Patrick has a townread on T-Bone though I haven’t yet been able to digest his posts myself.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #722 (isolation #26) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:31 pm

Really quick post before i head out the door, to be clear the LLD vote was not RVS, my team and I still agree there is a good chance of LLDscum independently of anything, hence the vote still being there

More later byeee
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1282 (isolation #27) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:45 am

Hey everyone. I accidentally had a social life yesterday. Settling in for a catch-up momentarily.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1300 (isolation #28) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:55 am

This is a slog, but I'll post some reactions as I go through. Not reading too heavily first up, just getting a sense for events and will come back to deeper dive when I have the broad picture in place.
In post 1021, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
<quotes snipped by CDB>

Vote: Elena

I'm gonna put my vote on this cheeky scumfuck, and see what comes of it. The posting here reeks of over confidence and cheeky bullshit, and honestly probably comes from scum.
This is the first time that anyone who's expressed suspicion of Elena has made me halfway interested in listening to it.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1301 (isolation #29) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:05 am

In post 1175, Mathdino wrote:GL's pretty sure CDB is town based on the timestamps in .
Explain like I'm five.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1303 (isolation #30) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:11 am

No worries, that'll do.

Back to solid town on Dino after some blips.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1307 (isolation #31) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:55 am

In post 1305, Mathdino wrote:Like let's be real

I really don't have to work too hard for your townread

Given that the last mentions of me in your iso are "strong town, don't wanna deal with possibility of scum rn" and "dinos progression on Bins is basically nonexistent and only happened because his teammate said something"

So how did my last post really reassure you that much lol
If you were scum, and your teammates actually thought that my post was impossible to be faked by scum, then actually letting you say so in the thread is a terrible idea, because the correct thing for scum to say is "this is vaguely ATE-ish stuff that an experienced player like CDB would be able to fake". Given that I have had a quiet couple of days and was already kicking around a few people's "I dunno, could go for a wagon here" lists, confessing a team-mate's belief that I absolutely would not be able to make a certain post as scum would be really self-defeating.

So yeah I'm good with the read.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1308 (isolation #32) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:58 am

I also do not buy the premise that all reads from scum players' team-mates can be assumed to be genuine, either, because that would require said team-mates to not know who the scum were.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1309 (isolation #33) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:23 am

VOTE: LLD since the mod didn't notice the last time that I reminded him about my first-post vote that I never removed. Simultaneously despite and because of her ban from Team Mafia, I still think that this is the best place for my vote right now. This feels like the sort of game in which I'm going to need flips more than usual to get my bearings, especially when there's so much meta being thrown around between everyone to which I quite simply have no ability to make connections.*

*(i.e. lots of 'This is my town game', 'X from my team is certain this is Y town' or 'Z can't do this as town' that might well be true or not but really offers me no grounding whatsoever to vote for or against)
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1345 (isolation #34) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:47 pm

I am now available for a policy lynch on Titus.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1347 (isolation #35) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:10 pm

In post 1346, Keychain wrote:Oh hi. Why?
I’m not going to go on and on about this, out of concern for the health of the thread, but historically I have been unable to engage with her in a way that a) gets me a useful read and b) doesn’t make me incredibly stressed-out and angry. I’m not looking forward to this at all.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1349 (isolation #36) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:41 pm

My reads are few and my lynchpool is large. Would not lynch Dino/Radja/maybe Dunker/maybe Elena. Would pretty much lynch anyone else as what would help me most are flips of any kind. It bugs me that Aeronaut isn’t here without even an apology post.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1423 (isolation #37) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:12 am

Please try to keep it manageable in here, chesskid.

Hi all, I'm off sick today. Probably not going to have anything useful to add until tomorrow, unless my team-mates tell me to do something. Looking forward to hearing from the replacements.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1667 (isolation #38) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:45 am

Hey dawgs, I’m out of bed, I haven’t had any chance to read, and now I have 10 more minutes of free train wifi to catch up on the last couple of pages. Actual catchip time tomorrow but we’ll see what happens in the LIGHTNING ROUND now
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1669 (isolation #39) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:48 am

Bonus points from singer: also has townpings from Dino, also picked up on some Keychain stuff that seems like low-effort scumposting, call me back when you’re ready to take her seriously as a lynch target y’all!
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1672 (isolation #40) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:52 am

In post 1665, Almost50 wrote:I seriously (and extremely respectfully) want to ask: Why do people sign to games they don't intend to play? And why do it in THE TOURNAMENT? Like, if I had something planned, or expected to be unavailable for 3+ days I would not have played in the tournament myself. I get "I'll be busy on weekends" or "I'm V/:A for the next 48 hours", but I don't get "I'll catch up later" followed by "I'm beat and not feeling like, later" then "I have other plans, so later"...
Hey dawg, I empathise but also it seems like you don’t

Obv may not necessarily be directed only at me but illness happens, y’know, and otherwise this has been quite a different kind of game to the Team Mafia that i got last time and assumed would be getting more of this time (and that’s largely on me, sure, but it was hardly ‘signing ip for a game i didn’t intend to play’.

This has been a difficult game for me to engage with and the timing of this illness has exacerbated that but I am fully aware of my reappnsibilities and stand by my sentiments that getting further stuck in will be easier with flips. I just can’t get excited about which ones happen atm
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1673 (isolation #41) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:54 am

Oh shit I’m out of
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2084 (isolation #42) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:54 am

WHAT'S UP MOTHERFUCKERS

Thank you thank you thank you for lynching the LLD slot. Delicious, delicious scumflips!

I spent yesterday night reading ISOs (naturally, among those I had time for was determining that A50 was not a buddy) and I'm carrying on with them at the moment. Let's get some buddies!

Preliminary update: Bins is not a buddy.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2087 (isolation #43) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:59 am

In post 2082, Bins wrote:(but Marquis mentioned to me that CBD having 0 presence is scummy).
That's a remarkably lukewarm take from somebody who's played a non-trivial number of games with me (including the last Team Mafia game, to which I think a lot of parallels can be drawn).
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2093 (isolation #44) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:01 am

In post 510, Dunkerdoodles wrote:me and my team all tr both lld and skirt

but i think there is a scum in (math, skirt, lld, a50)
Dunker, what was up with including LLD in this bracketed group here?
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2098 (isolation #45) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:03 am

In post 2091, Bins wrote:
In post 2087, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 2082, Bins wrote:(but Marquis mentioned to me that CBD having 0 presence is scummy).
That's a remarkably lukewarm take from somebody who's played a non-trivial number of games with me (including the last Team Mafia game, to which I think a lot of parallels can be drawn).
It's the only thing Marquis has contributed aside from "Elena would pick scum."
He isn't reading. He just asked me if you were posting a lot and I said "Not really" and he said "Could be coasting" or along that line.
Seems like a super valuable opinion to have shared with the group then, thanks for that.

Your relationship to LLD did not seem like buddying though, so I guess this was unhelpful rather than malicious. You maintained a much heavier level of paranoia about her than I would expect from a bus, and had doubts about the scumlean at times when I would have expected doubt to exist. So you're town.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2115 (isolation #46) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:13 am

In post 2104, Bins wrote:Well, I haven't seen you do much other than vote park on LLD for one reason and I mentioned to Marquis and he still said it was in the realm of possibility. I guess I could ask him to ISO you but I'm really not interested in pushing it.
This isn't me saying 'my play has been too good for Marquis to have that read', it's that the premise of the read ('CDB being largely unmoored and not pushing too much in the thread is scum coasting') is flawed, and Marquis should know that. You're also framing it differently in this post ("in the realm of possibility") than you did when you first described it ("Marquis mentioned that CDB having 0 presence is scummy"), and I probably wouldn't have snarked about it if you had originally framed it in the former manner, because the former is a more nuanced way to be wrong (which he nonetheless is, but it's at least understandable). I'm not going to ask you to push it any further right now, but if my lynch becomes a serious possibility then you should probably ask Marquis to compare this game to Signs and Void.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2118 (isolation #47) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:14 am

@All:
I'm reading ISOs but I'm yet to have read in full the last segment of Day 1, which I will most certainly be doing once I've examined all the LLD angles individually but would someone mind please giving me the bullet points on what claims are apparently out there? The Mathdino stuff is news to me.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2120 (isolation #48) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:16 am

Re: said ISOs, I guess y'all were right about Keychain's meta, because I struggle to see that slot being an LLD buddy. It's possible, but for someone with only 40-odd posts it would be really weird for such a proportionally high amount of her posting being a very flat 'my team says kill this with fire' kinda vibe.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2123 (isolation #49) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:18 am

In post 2122, Radja wrote:as far as I know the only claim out there was A50's VT claim.
Ah, OK, cheers; the fast-paced nature of this daystart may have made me think I saw some prior context that apparently wasn't there.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2127 (isolation #50) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:20 am

In post 2126, Radja wrote:
In post 2123, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 2122, Radja wrote:as far as I know the only claim out there was A50's VT claim.
Ah, OK, cheers; the fast-paced nature of this daystart may have made me think I saw some prior context that apparently wasn't there.
well that and MathDino's claim at the start of this day obviously
That was the thing to which I was referring; I missed the part where it was new while I was busy Paint-ing Delibird onto a wrestler or something.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2135 (isolation #51) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:26 am

In post 1931, chesskid3 wrote:fitz wagon feels lazy. Did we get a blanket no from mod on extension?
In post 1933, chesskid3 wrote:Also LLD getting force replaced is probably a towntell for her but I still haven't read the context for that.
I thought Smocaine's reason for scumreading LLD was mildly townish but I really do not like this shrugging attitude from chesskid towards LLD-slot. It could be mitigated by his travel circumstances but there is an air of forced shruggishness that I'm not sure I see as how town!chesskid would handle a slot featuring a player like LLD.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2142 (isolation #52) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:31 am

In post 1881, UC Voyager wrote:word from creature says havingfitz!scum as well as titus ad chesskid. I actually agree... VOTE: havingfitz titus can go tomorrow.

other than that
I would absolutely fucking love to hear about what made you agree with Fitz being scum given that, the only time you ever meaningfully mentioned LLD, you described her in ways that seemed like pretty comprehensively town.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2298 (isolation #53) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:14 am

Jumping into some more isos now (Wednesday is cards night for me, sorry).
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2423 (isolation #54) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:22 am

Going over a final couple of isos now and will then return my findings + those of my team. Done this evening or lynch me.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2430 (isolation #55) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:50 am

Let me tell you why I'm dropping this:

VOTE: Bulbazak

---

Bulbazak's stance on the LLD/fitz slot Day 1 was pretty weak. He almost doesn't comment on the slot at all early on but one infers him treating her as town due to citing her lines of investigation and asking Smocaine, someone he's publicly calling town as of that same post, to explain a vote on LLD. Meanwhile, many of his mentions of the slot involve him discrediting votes there.
Though Bulbazak eventually voted for Fitz, there was never any enthusiasm there, and it absolutely seems like he'd have taken another lynch if one had been offered that he felt safe in choosing.

Compare Bulbazak's treatment of the LLD slot to how he describes the slot Today: "Given the AtE, LLD looked like scum who was not in control" and likely to be considered "a lost cause" by scumbuddies early on. That doesn't jive with his 'talk me into it' approach to the slot for much of Day 1.

Look at how much Bulbazak focused on Almost50, a read primarily driven by what Bulbazak saw as AtE. (Examples include this, this and this but are also just a fair chunk of Bulbazak's Day 1 proactivity.)

Now let's compare that behaviour to how Bulbazak responded to AtE from LLD. It's much more mealy-mouthed and noncommittal; just a matter of 'I'm doubting my townread now', which would certainly jive with his stated position Today that LLD's scumbuddies would feel that she were very vulnerable. By his own words, we know that scum!Bulbazak would feel obliged to suspect LLD after that behaviour - but of course it's never as easy as just throwing a player like LLD to the wolves, especially when you've already been townreading her early on. She's an advantage, even under suspicion, that scum wouldn't want to freely give up. So you end up with this fence-sitting and subtle shooting down of the wagon without ever being seen as too much against it.

It also seems like mastina should be well aware of the likelihood that LLD would pick scum, and again that is addressed in the most fence-sitting way possible here.

---

tl;dr
- Bulbazak looks like a buddy who didn't know how to treat the LLD slot once she made what he now says were disastrous, would-be-jettisoned-by-scumbuddies mistakes so instead did a lot of hemming and hawwing and objecting until finally feeling forced to lynch fitz.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2485 (isolation #56) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:42 am

In post 2441, Bins wrote:I am defending Bulba. I have been very transparent on the fact he isn't going to be the lynch today.
Why the hard townread on Bulbazak?
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2492 (isolation #57) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:13 am

In post 2487, Bins wrote:@CDB - When I have so many scumreads, I don’t have room to doubt my townreads. There are posts Bulba made that I don’t see coming from scum.
Which posts and why
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2561 (isolation #58) » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:28 pm

My team wants me to look at T-Bone so that’ll be this evening. Still think my vote is in a good place but will consider rebuttals asap.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2812 (isolation #59) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:27 pm

#lifefindsawaytogetintheway

Radja is town (mostly because Reck is town) and I don’t think we should be allowed to do (or pretend to do) the above kind of thing.

My take on the Titus case is that I am tempted by it, but as previously mentioned am essentially unable to divine intent from anything that Titus does. I haven’t been able to fully check out rebuttals to Bulbazak but I admittedly just want to test the theory at this point.

It is going to be another busy few days but I owe this game my next couple of lunches at work in between all of the goings-on. I’m determined to stay afloat here but do appreciate that this is even more frustrating for y’all than it is for me.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2862 (isolation #60) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:32 am

I read Keychain’s and Bulba’s responses to my vote and I happily stand corrected on how some of those arguments don’t stand up as well as I thought that they did. I am still a little bugged by how Bulba characterises LLD’s play Today compared to Yesterday, but I am sufficiently compelled by the strength of the rest of the rebuttal to let this one go.

UNVOTE: Bulbazak

As previously mentioned, I am fully uninterested in votes for Radja. Just going over the last handful of pages to get a better sense of where my vote will go next. I liked Bulba’s argument mid-rebuttal about Elena as a more likely LLD partner and that will be a consideration for sure.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2863 (isolation #61) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:34 am

Also, found myself wondering earlier...
In post 2142, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 1881, UC Voyager wrote:word from creature says havingfitz!scum as well as titus ad chesskid. I actually agree... VOTE: havingfitz titus can go tomorrow.

other than that
I would absolutely fucking love to hear about what made you agree with Fitz being scum given that, the only time you ever meaningfully mentioned LLD, you described her in ways that seemed like pretty comprehensively town.
I know he’s outtahere but did UC Voyager ever respond to this? Because I’m still not happy about it, but he also clearly is not much of a player so idk how much to read into it
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2864 (isolation #62) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:40 am

In post 2746, Elena Fisher wrote:I think the Ate factors brought up against bulba are rather good I looked over it lightly and I can see the points being made against him. His read progression is also a bit...off
I'm okay with this lynch
Given that Elena was already voting for Bulba before I made my case, what even is this post.

Ew
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2865 (isolation #63) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:44 am

Bulba, re:2826, which i can’t quote right now cos I’m on a train and don’t eant to quotesnip it on mobile, where’s this ‘CDB conf town’ notion come from?
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2866 (isolation #64) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:46 am

In post 2855, chesskid3 wrote:less talking more radja lynching
If you still think this after the posting of his team’s hammer discussion then you are a real disappointment
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2867 (isolation #65) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:47 am

VOTE: Elena but I might find something I like better a little later tonight

The comeback is on yooooo
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #3008 (isolation #66) » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:35 pm

Oh.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #3116 (isolation #67) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:35 am

Just doing some reading but if the alternative to Elena is Radja then no, nope, not at all.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #3249 (isolation #68) » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:45 pm

Hey, I tried to say some stuff last night but MS ground to a halt and I couldn’t get it out.

tl;dr: Want to examine the UCV/Aero slots Today now that replacements have had plenty of time, and should probably consider chesskid as well.

Traveling today but will elaborate when home.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #3282 (isolation #69) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:58 pm

Hey all. My team and I are sorting out a replacement for me. I’m sorry that I’ve dragged it out this long; I was trying to avoid letting down my team but obviously that didn’t go to plan. I’ll reiterate my strong belief in RadjaTown and, after the events of yesterday, am pretty much sold on Bulbatown.
#greenshirtthursdays

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”