Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #3550 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:35 pm

Post by Mina »

(Unless I make being featured in the fanfic opt-in and 18+ only! It makes me sad to waste the intro ;_;)

Anyway, the first reason I didn't want to give reads right away was to leave a counterwagon on chesskid so as to see whether xyzzy would be opportunistic and try to vote there (or a partner, but I feel like any xyzzy partner would have cut them loose by now). I was starting to really lose confidence in my chesskid scumread in the end, but thought a day in which xyzzy was the only and inevitable wagon wouldn't give any useful information.

The second is, um, more embarrassing, and is the tl;dr to this post:
Spoiler:
I kind of think everyone is town except for xyzzy. ._____.

I would normally feel bad about this, but if xyzzy is scum, that's one scum remaining in seven players (eight counting Titus from earlier). It means that although choosing a vote tomorrow will be hell, I can live with misreading only one person out of eight and letting them eventually get boxed in by PoE and role claims. If xyzzy is town, then it's time for panic mode.

Anyway, thoughts (although some of these players I should take a closer look at since I feel like I'm still at the superficial impression level):

-
Radja
both Patrick and I suspected...right up until the end of D2, where he basically dropped an atom bomb of towniness. I'm willing to hard-defend this read if necessary. I will say I'm a bit confused by the hard townreads from earlier in the game.

-
Keychain
has a sort of cautious and calculated style that tends to make me wary--good logic and reasoning =/= town. Patrick described her as almost too pristine for him to get a read on (I think Patrick is the only one on my team who's recently weighed in, aside from singer on Titus). But I feel as though that's more just her playstyle. Leaving aside that RC's interactions with LLD I think are pretty unlikely to be a bus (particularly now that I know my read on Transcend was right), I think she's done some thorough scumhunting that looks very genuine. I buy her thought processes and effort, I guess.

-
Bins
is like bizarro Keychain. My reasons for ultimately thinking she's town are basically the opposite of Keychain--I think her play is almost too messy to be scum in how blatantly she called attention to her interactions with LLD and how she's a bit all over the place sometimes. I didn't like her being all, "RC knows I'm awkward, I swear!" early on, but it matches with my limited experience of her Mafia play in F2F and being lynched D1. I also remember her being very townish D2--she made a lot of points I was thinking of (like about chesskid's play here vs. then-REDACTED) and has posts that feel like genuine scumhunting. A lot of stuff she does bothers me, though (Bins, when exactly did you drop your Radja scumread? Apparently, you had it even after all the town stuff that happened). I didn't like her reaction to being wagoned early on in the game. This is a very mixed bag read I'd delve into more another day and maybe do a meta dig, but I'm on the town side overall.

-Does anyone remember why CDB was so adamantly insistent
Bulbazak
is town in the end? I don't think he mentioned it in team Skype logs. I know he retracted his case based on Bulb's reaction, but he seemed Radja-level confident in it. Did I miss Radja-level towntells from Bulbazak? I was town-reading Bulbazak and really can't articulate it in any way other than a few of his posts sound like his genuine thought process. But some of his other posts felt more...closed off, if that makes sense. God, this is hippie shit. Some of his posts emit a positive aura, and some have a blocked-off chakra that is clearly a sign of a Mafia role PM! On my to-do list is to read the post from CDB.

-I haven't really looked much at UCV/
Archwing
, honestly. My main reason for liking the slot are the team reads, particularly since Creature supposedly wouldn't contribute as scum--that, and a lot of people vouching for UCV early on. Agree with DV some of the later team stuff looks pretty genuine. I guess it's not impossible he's scum from PoE, but I like his tone and nothing that bad popped out at me. This sounds kind of lame when I put it this way, so I guess maybe I'll just say "gut" or something and then run away. I do find it a bit weird I'm in their suspect pool but they haven't really engaged with me at all since I replaced in.

-I'm all over the place re: chesskid/
DeasVail
. I think chesskid did a good job of making me doubt that his play was actually that of a pod person, and his interactions with Katsuki were definitely real. He also does have actual town-sounding content. DV is all warm and fuzzy and I have no idea how to read him because he's so likeable and I want to send all my money to his Nigerian bank account, dammit. Patrick warned me that DV is strong as scum. His opening posts were really good, and his reads are also very aligned with mine.

-This is Team Mafia, and when every single player in the game and every single one of their teammates is insisting a player is 100% town based on their meta, I'm willing to assume that at least some of them know what they're talking about when said player is someone I've never interacted with before. I would probably NOT have a townread on
Dunkerdoodles
if I just saw him in a vacuum--he has like, a couple of somewhat genuine-sounding posts, but otherwise has really superficial opinions that don't seem very hard to fake at all. All I'll say is that be careful this isn't one of those reads where someone writes someone off for like the first two posts of the game, sheeping sets in, and everyone takes it for granted all game even once the slot starts coasting. If the players who know his meta and have townreads on him take a second look and are sure their initial impression is right, I'm willing to lock this read as town. So I'm glad that Keychain is at least questioning Dunkerdoodles.

-Already talked about
xyzzy
. I would have strongly considered voting them anyway solely out of PoE, but it's generally a major scumtell when someone puts lots and lots of energy into quibbling with every minor point to defend themself and very little energy into trying to solve the game. If xyzzy flips town here, I'll probably spiral into madness and have a breakdown because I don't know how to find two scum in a haystack.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #3551 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:36 pm

Post by Mina »

I didn't even bother looking over that post to edit it because it's late, so I'm sorry if it's completely incomprehensible gibberish!

I should have stuck with the fanfic. :(
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #3552 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:39 pm

Post by Mina »

Oh, and
unvote

Not ready to put xyzzy at L-1 yet.

(Oh, and I gave up on the counterwagon plan because it had zero chance of actually working when xyzzy wasn't posting and I couldn't just never ever have thoughts again.)
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #3553 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:41 pm

Post by Mina »

On my to-do list is to read the post from CDB
Uh, this is gibberish because I got distracted mid-sentence. On my to-do list is to read the game Bulbazak has in his sig where he was apparently godly scum. But let's be real--I'll never get around to reading any of the meta that I actually planned on reading.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3554 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:52 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Votecount 3.07Image

xyzzy (2)Keychain , Bins ,
Bins (1)Dunkerdoodles ,
DeasVail (2)Radja ,
Radja (1)Archwing ,
Archwing(1) xyzzy
Not Voting (3)DeasVail , Bulbazak , Mina

Day three deadline is Saturday March 10, 9 PM PST. (expired on 2018-03-10 21:00:00).

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!
[/size]
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3555 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:40 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 3529, Radja wrote:
In post 3522, DeasVail wrote:Keychain, could you please give a quick tl;dr of why you think xyzzy is scum? From a very quick glance at your ISO, I could not find anything obvious.

Radja, I think you're town but I've noticed you fairly strongly thought chesskid was scum, so we probably should talk! Also hi!

Bins! In my haphazard reading of select posts of the game I noticed somewhere that you might think Radja is scum. If so, what makes you think that?
omg yes! DV!!! I don't think we've ever played mafia together.

Anyway, your predecessor had a massive scumread on me. What makes you townread me? How much of this game have you read?

I do have a strong scumread on your slot, but I'm always available for a chat.
Hey! It's true that we haven't played actual mafia together (and honestly you and Mina being here was the main reason I replaced in but I love everyone else here too I promise), and I'm pretty damn excited because I didn't think I was going to get to play in team mafia this year and I think that you and Mina are both probably town here so I'm all set to whambam this game together (with the occasional amount of paranoia about your alignments blah blah which I'll probably ignore). I know that my alignment is probably the most in question here but I'll work on it!

As for my townread on you, you were someone I actually skimmed through before I'd even officially joined the game, but I thought there were many moments throughout the game where your frustration felt super genuine and very unlikely to be faked. is a very good example of this in my opinion. There you seem seriously bummed that you've put work into something that is just getting ignored, while I feel scum would feel fine as long as they weren't being suspected for it.

All the fuck you stuff is pretty out of character (based on my experience at least), but imo that's even more reason to townread it because it seems very much driven by things that wouldn't bother scum.

There were other things I liked but those were the main things that stood out.
In post 3530, Radja wrote:@DV Can you also tell me why chesskid said he scumread us for on discord? And why you disagree with that? And can you tell me if Katsuki has some kind of read on me?
So we don't have a discord and I actually haven't read through the private topic chat for my team yet, but the vibe I'm getting is that most of them stopped following the game closely a while ago. I think Katsuki only has reads on Mina and Bins, at least as far as what he's told me so far.

I also don't really care what Chesskid thought to be completely honest. :/ But if you think I should scumread you based on anything he said, you're free to argue with me I guess? :P
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3556 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:42 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Okay maybe that was a bit harsh, but I would probably trust my read of you over Chesskid's read of you.

And as far as how much of the game I've read, it's been pretty selective so it's hard to say. I've mostly started with people I know and then moved to people I know less and less well. I haven't done much chronological reading except for key points of the game.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3557 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:45 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Xyzzy, I agree with Mina in that I need more. Seriously, I will very happily lynch you today as things stand. Does that bother you?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3558 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:45 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 3531, Bins wrote:hi DV please be town

catch up later

but i sort of dropped the Radja scumread
Hi! Thanks for answering.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3559 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:56 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 3543, Mina wrote:DeasVail, Radja already covered a couple of questions I wanted to ask, but what I'd like to know is if your vote would be on Archwing if you had to choose between him and xyzzy. Your posts seem to imply as much.

(Also, omg, hi!!!!)

A very self-indulgent wallpost coming up--unless I lose focus in the middle since I'm out of practice, in which case a bunch of spamposts with fragmented thoughts coming up!
Hey!!!

I don’t actually know where my vote would be if I had to choose between them. Xyzzy seems to be a more popular option but then my pathological need to be different would perhaps lean me in the archwing direction. My reading of the game has mostly been short snippets in between work and other life stuff to the point where I don’t really feel like my head is in the game, but I plan to have a good sit down and calibration of thoughts sometime soon.

Also, I liked your wall.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3560 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:53 am

Post by DeasVail »

Also, no need to resist your fanfic urges imo.

The sky was a blend of warm pinks and plum purples as Mina sauntered home one lazy afternoon. It was beautiful, without a doubt, but Mina was sure that the previous day's sunset was no less spectacular. Nonetheless, there was something different about this day. The air held the taste of salty shorelines and the sweet smell of pine trees. Mina's feet began to drag along the cobblestone path, as if not quite ready for the journey home to end. As she turned into a short alleyway she was met with a sharp, sudden gust of wind, her skin tingling with a sense of anticipation, despite having taken this route many times before.

A flurry of footsteps, the swish of a cloak,
(seems dramatic I guess)
the warmth of coarse breathing against her cheek.

"I am DeasVail, Prince of the faraway land of Parumbtu. But in order to gain the throne I need to uhhh send my eldest brother on a holiday that he won't want to come back from! Yes, that's right! And for this I need uhhh money! Yes! Will you help me?"

"uhhhh"

"Oh and by the way, I will also require.... a princess ;) ;) ;) "

An elderly man turned into the alleyway and the mysterious man disappeared, leaving only a note containing bank details as proof that this was not all a dream.

Oh and I guess reads and stuff are important too.

Regarding Bins, I'm not sure, but I don't feel as comfortable placing her as scum as with xyzzy or archwing. There are posts like which feel over the top for scum, but then stuff like mentions too many scumreads, also with no real apparent concern about following up on these scumreads. It could also all just be a scum attempt to act as if Elena/T-Bone flipping town was a surprise when they knew it all along, but as much as I'm typing about this, I'm not sure how convinced I am about it. Especially given that it would imply some real intentional effort going into Bins' play when the rest of her play doesn't really show evidence of that. I think I'm talking myself into a townread but I would say I still haven't read Bins properly. But I doubt I'd promote lynching her today, at the very least.

I'm reading Bulbazak but not able to glean anything alignment-relevant either way and I think that's my fault at this point. I will get to it in the morning.

I would like to say though that I am concerned about the Archwing slot and I'm concerned about the writing off of UC that seems to have happened. I have seen UC as scum, and yeah he wasn't great at it in that game, but I didn't see anything from him here that I'd say can't from scum, and there are things that as mentioned, make me feel it is perhaps more likely. And as I vaguely alluded to before if anyone has a townread I'd appreciate it being mentioned/explained. Thanks Mina for sharing your thoughts btw. I'm still waiting on more from xyzzy and am in two minds about how worried to be about his popularity as a lynch target (because sometimes the person that everybody wants to lynch is actually scum! :O ) but I do want to consider all the options to the extent that I can with limited time (I am aware that my slow catch up isn't really helping matters!)
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3561 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:53 am

Post by DeasVail »

uhh I meant that to be the open up box spoiler damn. I really need to go to bed.
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3562 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:18 am

Post by Archwing »

Deas, what do you need from me to sort my slot?
GTKAS
Mini Normal 2010 is now live! PM me to either spectate or join a replacement queue!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3563 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:28 am

Post by Titus »

so many walls

@Deasvail spoiler= tags are awesome.

Spoiler: This was fun.
Go town.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3564 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:07 am

Post by Bins »

Archwing I like more based on gut
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #3565 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:33 am

Post by Radja »

In post 3531, Bins wrote:hi DV please be town

catch up later

but i sort of dropped the Radja scumread
What did I do to make you drop it?
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #3566 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:49 am

Post by Radja »

In post 3555, DeasVail wrote:
In post 3529, Radja wrote:
In post 3522, DeasVail wrote:Keychain, could you please give a quick tl;dr of why you think xyzzy is scum? From a very quick glance at your ISO, I could not find anything obvious.

Radja, I think you're town but I've noticed you fairly strongly thought chesskid was scum, so we probably should talk! Also hi!

Bins! In my haphazard reading of select posts of the game I noticed somewhere that you might think Radja is scum. If so, what makes you think that?
omg yes! DV!!! I don't think we've ever played mafia together.

Anyway, your predecessor had a massive scumread on me. What makes you townread me? How much of this game have you read?

I do have a strong scumread on your slot, but I'm always available for a chat.
Hey! It's true that we haven't played actual mafia together (and honestly you and Mina being here was the main reason I replaced in but I love everyone else here too I promise), and I'm pretty damn excited because I didn't think I was going to get to play in team mafia this year and I think that you and Mina are both probably town here so I'm all set to whambam this game together (with the occasional amount of paranoia about your alignments blah blah which I'll probably ignore). I know that my alignment is probably the most in question here but I'll work on it!

As for my townread on you, you were someone I actually skimmed through before I'd even officially joined the game, but I thought there were many moments throughout the game where your frustration felt super genuine and very unlikely to be faked. is a very good example of this in my opinion. There you seem seriously bummed that you've put work into something that is just getting ignored, while I feel scum would feel fine as long as they weren't being suspected for it.

All the fuck you stuff is pretty out of character (based on my experience at least), but imo that's even more reason to townread it because it seems very much driven by things that wouldn't bother scum.

There were other things I liked but those were the main things that stood out.
In post 3530, Radja wrote:@DV Can you also tell me why chesskid said he scumread us for on discord? And why you disagree with that? And can you tell me if Katsuki has some kind of read on me?
So we don't have a discord and I actually haven't read through the private topic chat for my team yet, but the vibe I'm getting is that most of them stopped following the game closely a while ago. I think Katsuki only has reads on Mina and Bins, at least as far as what he's told me so far.

I also don't really care what Chesskid thought to be completely honest. :/ But if you think I should scumread you based on anything he said, you're free to argue with me I guess? :P
Cool. Thanks for explaining that. That does make sense and I'm happy to see you're reading the game. I'm pretty easy to pocket though so I'm very conflicted about this. Also because you are DV and you're charming as hell. Either way, I'm very interested to see you commit to this game and I'm really excited you replaced in.
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #3567 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:52 am

Post by Radja »

In post 3560, DeasVail wrote: I would like to say though that I am concerned about the Archwing slot and I'm concerned about the writing off of UC that seems to have happened. I have seen UC as scum, and yeah he wasn't great at it in that game, but I didn't see anything from him here that I'd say can't from scum, and there are things that as mentioned, make me feel it is perhaps more likely. And as I vaguely alluded to before if anyone has a townread I'd appreciate it being mentioned/explained. Thanks Mina for sharing your thoughts btw. I'm still waiting on more from xyzzy and am in two minds about how worried to be about his popularity as a lynch target (because sometimes the person that everybody wants to lynch is actually scum! :O ) but I do want to consider all the options to the extent that I can with limited time (I am aware that my slow catch up isn't really helping matters!)
I have 0 experience with UCV but I'm taking my teams advice on that slot. I also haven't really seen anything out of Archwing that makes me question that read.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3568 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:22 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 3325, Titus wrote: Eddie: A50 kill makes sense with Math being town (shocker). Broke up a solid townbloc. Bins looks worse. Bulba looks a little worse. Nothing groundbreaking.
I kinda see Bins when looking through on the VCA but I kinda feel tonally she's town. Always wrong townie or scum? Definitely has to be out of the townblock. Not sure why Bulba looks worse.
I'm with Titus here. I'm not sure how A50 points to me being scum. If anything, that kill does nothing for me as scum. I lose any cover I'd gain from a A50/Bulba fight, and the kill takes a potential lynch off the table (And I'm confident enough as scum to think I could get that kill, too.). That kill doesn't benefit scum me in any way whatsoever, and it does more to hurt me as scum than it does to help me. And I'm all about what's most beneficial to me as scum. And if it was just about breaking up A50/Math, it would've made more sense to kill, wait for it,
MATH
, who was more of a danger than A50, due to the fact that he was incredibly obv. town and influential. Reads mean nothing if you're a powerhouse of town charisma, and Math had that in spades. Scum-me would have just killed Math and coasted off of his townread on me, while hiding in a non-stop A50 push.
In post 3325, Titus wrote: Requesting Mastina and Thor to give this game time, it is needed if you (bulba) are town.
I'll try again, but I've pretty much given up at this point. Thor is not being much help in general and just comments on general tournament news. I thought that Mastina might finally be popping her head in, but all she's really given is some setup spec. Sitting on that for now, because that might be useful when it comes to finding fake claims. I haven't really sat down to digest what she's put in (It's really wordy and makes my eyes glaze over. Kinda like this wall I sat through and put off until I got back from V/LA.), but she's made a point of how she has an edge when it comes to examining Normal setups. If I'd known that, I'd have played the scum game and had her play this one in the hopes she'd break everything wide open. Hopefully she feels up to it enough to look the game over and give me some reads. Last time I asked, she said she had some, but forgot what they were.
In post 3325, Titus wrote: I need someone else to show me why Bins is town, because the reads on that slot are the most bipolar things in the game. I see lock town and lock scum everywhere. I just can't see it right now
17 Kilos. Bins was scum there and super obvious. Her play here is nothing like that game. She's town.
In post 3419, Bulbazak wrote:I think his reads are convenient, and I don't believe they're real. I thought my stance there was pretty obvious. I didn't think I needed to respond everytime he reiterated that he thinks I'm scum.
Doubling down on this concerning Xyzzy. If they really thought I was scum, they wouldn't be hesitating on voting me after Titus was treestumped. The fact that they're not tells me they only voted and called me scum in the first place because my wagon had traction at the time.
In post 3420, Archwing wrote:
In post 3223, xyzzy wrote:VOTE: Titus

I feel confident that this is the right choice.
How do you feel about the soft crumbing of T-Bone on Titus? (start of this day phase)
I'm not sure if this was to me or not (I had just left.), but I'll answer it anyway. I didn't really follow that conversation too closely, but from what I saw, T-Bone was softing that he'd investigate Titus on a later night. If T-Bone actually had any sort of result on the slot, he'd be more decisive than he was.
In post 3421, Titus wrote:Also yesterday was NEVER about charts and evidence. It was a few people vote parking and everyone else being apathetic and not voting good wagons.
If this is in reference to the chart gif, that was about why I was voting the way I was. I was voting Elena because a few of my townreads, plus Mastina in her overview, said that Elena would likely pick scum. I figured since I compromised on the LLD-slot for the same reason, it was a good enough reason to vote there, and I could try to sort out better reasoning or reads from there. Things just didn't turn out that way, so I was relying on VCA and supposition.

If that's not what you're talking about, then I'll need you to be a little more clear here.
In post 3423, Titus wrote:@Bulba, what is your read on Key btw.
Townish? I was feeling really good about the slot near the end of d2, and I felt he was probably town. The thing is, I can't remember why exactly? I could have probably told you before the vacation, but now I have no clue. I think it had to due with his stances surrounding Elena and some of the wagons. I could probably figure it out again if I ISO'd the slot, but I'm really not in a hurry. Why?
In post 3436, Titus wrote: I wanna see what happens here with Bins Bulba and Archwing.
Was something supposed to be happening? Wait... Am I in Fight Club? I don't want to go Fight Clubbing! I don't have the right kind of shoes!!!
In post 3445, Titus wrote:Scum bulba votes partner but retreats to kill wagon.
Two problems with that:
1.) That unvote was because I was going V/LA for a few days and didn't want anyone riding my vote. It was pretty much for the same reason you normally unvote when replacing into a game or leaving for an extended period of time (or needing to take a lot of time to catch up or reevaluate). So you trying to use that as something alignment indicative is :neutral: .
2.) Other than that, it really doesn't make sense from the point of view of me being scum. From either angle of Xyzzy's alignment. I'll let you try to figure out why first. If you're still having trouble, I'll explain it to you.

Not sure if Titus looks over the Archwing stuff anymore than she has. Regardless, I'll probably look over everything after I catch up and have some breathing room to dissect exactly what it is that he wants her to see. So far, I think that this is something he can probably fake after the fact, but I do need to check the timing. Not interested in lynching the slot until this is done.

I'll pick up on 139 later.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3569 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:15 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 3562, Archwing wrote:Deas, what do you need from me to sort my slot?
At this stage, it's mostly my own lack of feeling properly caught up on the game, but this probably going to be the case for a while due to the late replace in, so I'll have to get used to that.

I would like to say though, that your posting over the last few (real-life) days gives the impression that you're quite comfortable with the game state currently. You've mentioned that the Xyzzy vote is a sheep of Titus. How confident are you feeling in that?
In post 3567, Radja wrote:
In post 3560, DeasVail wrote: I would like to say though that I am concerned about the Archwing slot and I'm concerned about the writing off of UC that seems to have happened. I have seen UC as scum, and yeah he wasn't great at it in that game, but I didn't see anything from him here that I'd say can't from scum, and there are things that as mentioned, make me feel it is perhaps more likely. And as I vaguely alluded to before if anyone has a townread I'd appreciate it being mentioned/explained. Thanks Mina for sharing your thoughts btw. I'm still waiting on more from xyzzy and am in two minds about how worried to be about his popularity as a lynch target (because sometimes the person that everybody wants to lynch is actually scum! :O ) but I do want to consider all the options to the extent that I can with limited time (I am aware that my slow catch up isn't really helping matters!)
I have 0 experience with UCV but I'm taking my teams advice on that slot. I also haven't really seen anything out of Archwing that makes me question that read.
I do worry about this as reasoning for a read. I think it's much easier as scum to avoid attracting attention/suspicion than it is to do things that attract townreads.

----

I've had a re-look at Bins and am happy with having her as town for now pending a review later.

Regarding Bulbazak, I like the point made in about xyzzy and would be keen to see them respond to that. I also like his recent response to the town bloc discussions that were surfacing before I replaced in. I find that it's really easy for scum to get super awkward around the formation of town blocs, and Aeronaut's response to people being town-read for meta reasons earlier on in the game is the kind of reaction I'd expect from scum.

is just a weird post for scum to make, and I struggle to even see how it would end up happening as an intentional move to look town. Because the thought process that requires that is kind of super convoluted.

Other than that, the other stuff is looking ~generally good~ without making me convinced of town, but I'm not willing to consider a lynch there right now, for example.

From Bulbazak though, I would like an update on the Archwing read, as I've noticed that you were previously maybe-scumreading him.

----

Lastly, Dunkerdoodles. A lot of his posting has the vibe of being very open and honest about not really knowing where his reads are at in a way that makes me lean towards town for reasons that I can't properly explain. But he's not Radja or Mina-level town for me, and stuff like without actually doing much to change that makes me :/

Questions for Dunkerdoodles:
- I noticed that you had a scumread on Bins earlier. Do you still have this read? What are your thoughts on most of the players seeming uninterested in lynching her?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3570 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:19 am

Post by DeasVail »

My reads are currently looking something like:

Mina, Radja
[Gap]
Keychain
[Gap]
Dunkerdoodle, Bulbazak, Bins
[LOTS OF SPACE]
Archwing, Xyzzy

I'm leaning towards lynching Xyzzy currently because they are probably just scum, but I am still keen to hear more.
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3571 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:21 am

Post by Archwing »

Deas, sheep wants you to know he says hi. Also, he says you are 1304i433% town, as you are fitting your town meta to a t here, as in your hydra with him.
GTKAS
Mini Normal 2010 is now live! PM me to either spectate or join a replacement queue!
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3572 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:31 am

Post by Archwing »

And so, I'm pretty passive right now. You and mina have done your due diligence with re reading... I did not and will not. I'm building off present information. That leads me to believe in the xy lynch, which puts us in a good spot.

I've explaibed my explicit sheeping on Titus already.
GTKAS
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3573 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:39 am

Post by Keychain »

I thought sheep wasn't in TM anymore?

The fact that most of the active voices seem to be okay with lynching xyzzy is kind of odd to me.

I think I'm going to have to get Postie or someone to help me read DV/Mina. DV in particular is scarily nice in a way that makes it difficult for me to read him.
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3574 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:42 am

Post by Archwing »

sheep is site banned for being underage but still allowed to communicate via discord
GTKAS

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”