THE PARTICIPANTS(FULL PLAYERLIST):
Spoiler:
  • Davsto
    wgeurts (Young and Beautiful) -- 1 Prod

• Lycanfire (eddie cane) — 1 Prod
  • Llamarble (DEFCON)
  • Postie (Team Cuddly)
  • Gamma Emerald (Relaxed Nature)
  • Cogito Ergo Sum (God Save the Black Goo)
  • Shadoweh
    Marquis (Make Papa Proud) -- 2 Prods

• Srceenplay
    Tchill13 (Chillplay Bombahskiies) -- 1 Prod

• EddieFenix (Queue Agents)
  • ActionDan (Who is John Galt?) -- 1 Prod
  • northsidegal (Serious Business) -- 1 Prod
  • Thestatusquo (Dandy Irate Hoes brought to you by MATI energy) -- 1 Prod
  • Dunnstral (Backhanded Remarks) -- 1 Prod
  • LicketyQuickety (Spam Squad)
  • Ranmaru,
    Sauce
    momo
    (Sauciety)

VOLUNTEERS STILL POSTING (ALIVE) (6/15):

Spoiler:
  • Davsto
    wgeurts (Young and Beautiful) -- 1 Prod

• Shadoweh
    Marquis (Make Papa Proud) -- 2 Prods

• Thestatusquo (Dandy Irate Hoes brought to you by MATI energy)
  • LicketyQuickety (Spam Squad)
  • Ranmaru,
    Sauce
    momo
    (Sauciety)

VOLUNTEERS NO LONGER POSTING(DEAD):
Spoiler:
  • Srceenplay — Vanilla Townie
  • Llmarble — Vanilla Townie
  • Eddie Fenix — Vanilla Townie
  • Postie — Vanilla townie
  • Cogito Ergo Sum (God Save the Black Goo) -- Mafia Goon
  • northsidegal (Serious Business) -- 1 Prod
  • Dunnstral (Backhanded Remarks)
  • Lycanfire (eddie cane) — 1 Prod --
    Treestumped, died at the end of D4

• ActionDan (Who is John Galt?) -- 1 Prod -- Vanilla Townie
  • Gamma Emerald -- Vanilla Townie

• PEOPLE WHO MESSED UP THE GAME (MODKILLED):
    Spoiler:
    No one, and I aim to keep it that way.

IMPORTANT THINGS (GAME EVENTS):

Spoiler: DAYS 1-4
    DAY ONE:
    DAY TWO:
    DAY THREE:
    DAY FOUR:
    • Still nothing happening

Spoiler: VoteCount Settings
    priorVCNumber=2
    url=viewtopic.php?f=127&t=74687
    playerList=wgeurts,Lycanfire,Llamarble,Postie,Gamma Emerald,Cogito Ergo Sum,Marquis, Tchill13,EddieFenix,ActionDan,northsidegal{nsg},Thestatusquo{shea+tsq},Dunnstral,LicketyQuickety,Sauce
    replacementList=wgeurts:Davsto,Sauce:Ranmaru,Tchill13:Srceenplay,Marquis:Shadoweh
    moderatorNames=MathBlade
    dayStartNumbers=0,1296,2075,3535,4315,4379
    color=#8000BF
    cleanDay=true
    deadline=2018-04-09 02:16:00 -4.00
    deadList=Llamarble-1,Postie-2,Lycanfire-3,northsidegal-3,ActionDan-4,Gamma Emerald-5
    voteOverrides=

Code: Select all

[spoiler=Day 1][color=grey][Jan 26, 2018 12:56][/color] [b][color=#FF80FF]Thestatusquo[/color][/b] ~ [b][color=blue]Tchill13[/color][/b][post=513]513[/post][/spoiler]

(Props to Varsoon for where a lot of the formatting and most of the rules come from.)
    Last edited by beeboy on Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:39 am, edited 96 times in total.
    Reason: Adding latest VC to events and incrementing vote counter settings.
    ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
    GTKAS -- MathBlade
    MathBlade
    MathBlade
    He/Him
    Technical Support
    MathBlade
    He/Him
    Technical Support
    Technical Support
    Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:14 pm

Post by MathBlade »

GAME RULES

SPECIAL MECHANICS:

WHITE FLAG
    Spoiler:
    In this game, if one scum is left alive they instantly surrender.

VANILLA
    Spoiler:
    There are no power roles in this game. Any attempts to submit a day/night action will be ignored, except for the mafia night kill.

AUTOMATED VOTECOUNTER GAME
    Spoiler:
    This game uses an automated vote counter of my own making. While it does try to detect misspellings etc, it is strongly suggested that you use proper tags and validate vote counts because this is a new vote counter. I will also be going through by hand, but please due to the fast time limits don't spam it please.

GENERAL RULES:

Spoiler:
    • Please obey all site rules. Mafiascum is amazing.
    • Should any rule conflict with the rules at Rule Link then the Rule Link takes precendence as Ellibereth is our holiest of holiest moderator.
    • If you have a question for me, you can always PM me. If you need to talk to me in thread, please bold your question like this so I can locate it better.
    • You may not use hidden, encrypted, or otherwise "hard to read text". Imagine someone colorblind and needing decently sized text to read your posts. If I can't read your post and the vote counter doesn't find it, it didn't happen.
    • Players editing posts is strictly not allowed. If you make a mistake edit by way of post. I will fix broken tags as needed taken into account if the game is going slow enough to do so to help as needed with votes.
    • Please play nice. I'm very particular towards any type of "obvious harrassment" that is against site rules and will act appropriately. Yes that's subjective. If you are concerned, feel free to ask something before you post it.
    • Do not discuss ongoing games at all on this site or others. This is a rule I'm pretty strict about. Again if you're concerned, feel free to ask before you post.
    • Do not copy paste any PM sent to you by me. Paraphrasing is okay to a certain level. However if you're concerned about a specific case, again please feel free to ask before you post.
    • Using "verifiable" randomization is not allowed. Please do not use dice tags, screenshots of random.org, or any other "verifiable" claim of randomness. Saying you did is fine. Proving an offsite action is not.
    • This list is not exhaustive. If you have a concern other than VCs/wrong information, please PM me. I will intervene as needed. While highly unlikely, I will also change the rules if needed, but the circumstances around doing would be as clear as I can be.
    • Most importantly have fun!
      (Amazing rules stolen from the Amazing Alisae)
    • When dealing with rules infractions or other problems, I will always seek the solution that is least invasive to the game state. That said, infractions may result in anything from a warning to your slot being force replaced or you being modkilled, depending on the severity and nature of the offense
      Please do not use provable randomness (such as the dice tag) in thread. You may SAY you used randomization, but not prove it.
    • Do not make use of external websites as part of the game. If it can't be embedded into a post on the forums, it's not allowed. This includes resources such as Google Documents. You may use such things for your own reference, but never in conjunction with other players not part of your own slot. If you need a private topic to jot down your thoughts in ask for one, and an MathBlade would be happy to provide!
    • Do not threaten to abandon the game or replace out as a response to in game actions. Doing so will result in an immediate force replace if not modkill.
    • Once you ask to replace out you've replaced out. That's it. No take backsies

• If you notice an error in my moderating, you are free to point it out in the game thread. However, please also message me privately so that I notice and can amend the error as soon as possible. While Alisae and Ellibereth are perfect MathBlade isn't.
    • PLEASE do not make reference to meta formed in other games still ongoing, no matter how discreet you attempt to be about it.
      In post 11, Ellibereth wrote:This is a clarification on what may or may not come out of your team discord and your team pt's:

You may not copy and paste content that is directed at someone else in the discord or pt (including if said person is unnamed).
      Otherwise, you may copy and paste content that you wrote from your discord or pt but you may make no indication that it came from your discord or your pt.
    • (Revised 1/29/2018 after general announcement) Paraphrasing moderator communication is fine but do not directly quote anything or otherwise suggest how the communication was phrased.
      OLD: Do not make reference in game to any sort of moderator communication that is not publicly quotable for all users.

DURING THE DAY:

Spoiler:
    • Each game day will have a 14 day deadline.
    • That being said I do not accept V/LAs longer than 3 days even with any holidays. If you must be V/LA that long, please look for a replacement based on team mafia rules.
    • Prods will come with 48 hours of inactivity, 24 hours to respond. Three prods over the length of the game results in force replacement.
    • Should replacements be needed, it is up to the moderator as to whether or not they will extend deadlines. Please don't ask in game that will have zero impact on whether the deadline is extended.
    • This game uses majority lynching. Take the number of players alive divide by 2, round down and add one. That is how many players are required to be on a wagon for a lynch to occur.
    • Players can no lynch.
    • Mafia have daychat.

Voting:

Spoiler:
    • Voting using vote tags or bold tags is acceptable, just do as you normally would.
    • Bold tag votes do require a Vote: or Vote in the vote.
    • While this does try to detect different "intuitive" things. If your vote is seemingly in the wrong spot, please call it out to me and revote with proper spelling.
    • Yes this is automated but if you intentionally try to "troll" the vote count (like vote ABKndoansdoinfaon when there is no player with any name similar) I will ignore the vote if I can't figure out what it's supposed to be..

MISCELLANEOUS:

Spoiler:
    • Mafia has day-chat.
    • Please bold all requests to myself so that they don’t get missed.
    • Do not use standard MafiaScum purple (#800080). This is my color. All other colors are fine.
    [/list][/list][/list]

SAMPLE ROLEPMS:

Spoiler: TOWN
    Vanilla Townie
    You are aligned with
    The Town
    You have the power to vote. You win when there is one mafia left.

Spoiler: MAFIA
    Vanilla Mafia
    You are
    Scum member of your team
    with
    a Player from [team] and a Player from [team]
    You have the power to vote and talk in day chat which can be found at [url*=]here[/url*]. You win when all the town are dead or nothing can stop that from happening. If at the end of any day phase there is only one of you left then you will surrender and town will win.
    Last edited by MathBlade on Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
    GTKAS -- MathBlade
    MathBlade
    MathBlade
    He/Him
    Technical Support
    MathBlade
    He/Him
    Technical Support
    Technical Support

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:13 pm

Post by MathBlade »

VOTE COUNTER INSTRUCTIONS

This game includes the ability to generate your own unofficial vote counts, wagon data, and vote JSON.
    Please do not use this until the game starts.
    The vote counter is now operational!
    Please understand this may take a bit if more than 100 pages.

HOW TO GET AN UNOFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

Navigate to the following link: http://mafiascumvcp.cpfz2cfvjf.us-west- ... adSettings
    In the first box type: f=127&t=74687
    In the second box type: 0
    Press Scrub Information

HOW TO GET WAGON DATA

Navigate to the following link: http://mafiascumvcp.cpfz2cfvjf.us-west- ... sHistories
    In the third box type true if you want the data sorted a lot of different ways, set it to false if you want just the most common.
    Press Scrub Information

HOW TO GET ALL VOTES IN JSON

Navigate to the following link: http://mafiascumvcp.cpfz2cfvjf.us-west- ... tingsVotes
    Press Scrub Information

HOW TO GET ONE PLAYER'S VOTES IN JSON

Navigate to the following link: http://mafiascumvcp.cpfz2cfvjf.us-west- ... esByPlayer
    In the third box type the player name exactly.
    Press Scrub Information

I CAN'T GET X TO RUN CORRECTLY OR THERE IS AN ERROR

First please check for typos and that you followed the instructions.
    I get an error after trying and I'm sure there's not a typo. Try again in a minute or two.
    I still get an error:
    Go to this URL
    http://mafiascumvoteenvironment.us-west ... 1.svc/Ping
    If you see Ping received, it's most likely something on your end. If you don't then please give me a PM and I will look into it.
    GTKAS -- MathBlade
    MathBlade
    MathBlade
    He/Him
    Technical Support
    MathBlade
    He/Him
    Technical Support
    Technical Support

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:17 am

Post by MathBlade »

Pregame is ongoing until approximately 2018-01-21 21:00:00 -8.00.
    Time remaining: (expired on 2018-01-21 21:00:00) for easy reference
    Then the game will begin once I post the first votecount and unlock the thread.
    GTKAS -- MathBlade
    MathBlade
    MathBlade
    He/Him
    Technical Support
    MathBlade
    He/Him
    Technical Support
    Technical Support

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:49 am

Post by MathBlade »

That thing (the vote counter) is now up and operational!

Optionally, if anyone has any nicknames that they go by that are not reasonably close to their username(handle), please message me privately so I can add it to the settings.

For example, I sometimes go by Pi which is my avatar. It'll just make vote counts easier.

Thanks! Good luck and have fun in a few hours when the game starts!
    GTKAS -- MathBlade
    MathBlade
    MathBlade
    He/Him
    Technical Support
    MathBlade
    He/Him
    Technical Support
    Technical Support

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:00 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Welcome to Team Mafia 2018: White Flag!

The PMs are out, the pregame is over and here we go!

Votecount 1.1

Not Voting (15): wgeurts, Lycanfire, Llamarble, Postie, Gamma Emerald, Cogito Ergo Sum, Marquis, Tchill13, EddieFenix, ActionDan, northsidegal, Thestatusquo, Dunnstral, LicketyQuickety, EddieFenix

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-02-04 21:00:00)

MOD NOTESShould I need to make any notes about replacements or other modly duties other than votecounts, they will be in a box called MOD notes to be easily visible.
    Game events, such as this one, will be edited to the first post as well.
    Vote counts will come at a minimum of twice daily. Once in the morning before work/other activities, and once in the evening after said activities, pacific standard time. I will attempt to do a vote count over my lunch break if possible. Should this get to blitz levels of activity and vote counts are needed more often than that amount, you have a tool to provide you with an unofficial one until I can get to a PC.

FLAVOR
    Throughout the game, when a lynch is achieved and the unlock the night after, I will be posting various Lindsey Stirling videos for flavor.
    These videos were selected before the game began are not meant to indicate anyone's alignment in any way.
    They are just meant for a bit of fun....That being said....

Good luck and have fun!
    GTKAS -- MathBlade
    Postie
    Postie
    Any/all
    Jack of All Trades
    Postie
    Any/all
    Jack of All Trades
    Jack of All Trades
    Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:15 pm

Post by Postie »

F... first?

VOTE: wgeurts

Haven't seen you play in a while. Hi!
    Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
    Postie
    Postie
    Any/all
    Jack of All Trades
    Postie
    Any/all
    Jack of All Trades
    Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:20 pm

Post by Postie »

I was honestly expecting the thread to be full of spam by now what the heck is this guys
    northsidegal
    northsidegal
    Survivor
    northsidegal
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:20 pm

Post by northsidegal »

hi all! i haven't played with a lot of you but i've stalked games with almost all of you in them!

VOTE: postie
    wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
    northsidegal
    northsidegal
    Survivor
    northsidegal
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 7, Postie wrote:I was honestly expecting the thread to be full of spam by now what the heck is this guys
    not sure about anyone else, but i haven't actually gotten a game start pm yet :shifty:

things fall apart
    Postie
    Postie
    Any/all
    Jack of All Trades
    Postie
    Any/all
    Jack of All Trades
    Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:23 pm

Post by Postie »

Oh maybe that's it. Idk there was a lot of hype and I had my eye on the clock.
    Llamarble
    Llamarble
    Mafia Scum
    Llamarble
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:27 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Huh, that was pretty easy.
    VOTE: Postie
    I'm a little curious if you're intentionally obvscum
    Might be worth lynching even if intentional though
    Postie
    Postie
    Any/all
    Jack of All Trades
    Postie
    Any/all
    Jack of All Trades
    Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:30 pm

Post by Postie »

What
    northsidegal
    northsidegal
    Survivor
    northsidegal
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:31 pm

Post by northsidegal »

that's posturing if i've ever seen it.

VOTE: llamarble

things fall apart
    Postie
    Postie
    Any/all
    Jack of All Trades
    Postie
    Any/all
    Jack of All Trades
    Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:36 pm

Post by Postie »

VOTE: northsidegal

What
    Marquis
    Marquis
    Survivor
    Marquis
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by Marquis »

VOTE: north
    link in bio
    Postie
    Postie
    Any/all
    Jack of All Trades
    Postie
    Any/all
    Jack of All Trades
    Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:42 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 14, Postie wrote:VOTE: northsidegal

What
    To be clearer: why is your reaction not a) asking Llamarble what he's talking about, or b) voting me to put extra pressure on me?
    ActionDan
    ActionDan
    He/Him
    Jack of All Trades
    ActionDan
    He/Him
    Jack of All Trades
    Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:45 pm

Post by ActionDan »

Ellibereth might be a neutral organizer of the event but our team has harnessed his power; we have learned the sacred scum hunting techniques and have inherited his scum prowess.

VOTE: Postie
    I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
    Marquis
    Marquis
    Survivor
    Marquis
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:46 pm

Post by Marquis »

This is so lame I regret it already
    link in bio
    Marquis
    Marquis
    Survivor
    Marquis
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:46 pm

Post by Marquis »

Someone ttm
    link in bio
    northsidegal
    northsidegal
    Survivor
    northsidegal
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:48 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 16, Postie wrote:
    In post 14, Postie wrote:VOTE: northsidegal

What
    To be clearer: why is your reaction not a) asking Llamarble what he's talking about, or b) voting me to put extra pressure on me?
    i didn't think there was any ambiguity as to what he was talking about. it seems pretty obvious to me that he's saying that you're already obvscum, and i think entering the thread like that with a forced read is a weak entrance. my vote was already on you, for one, and for two i thought a better place for pressure was on llamarble.

i'm not really sure what your issue here is.

things fall apart
    Postie
    Postie
    Any/all
    Jack of All Trades
    Postie
    Any/all
    Jack of All Trades
    Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:49 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 19, Marquis wrote:Someone ttm
    Hi! Why did you vote for north
    Postie
    Postie
    Any/all
    Jack of All Trades
    Postie
    Any/all
    Jack of All Trades
    Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:51 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 20, northsidegal wrote:i didn't think there was any ambiguity as to what he was talking about. it seems pretty obvious to me that he's saying that you're already obvscum, and i think entering the thread like that with a forced read is a weak entrance. my vote was already on you, for one, and for two i thought a better place for pressure was on llamarble.

i'm not really sure what your issue here is.
    If you believed he believed he'd really found something why didn't you ask him what it was so you could assess how genuine his reasoning was?
    northsidegal
    northsidegal
    Survivor
    northsidegal
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:52 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i didn't believe that he really found something, hence my saying that his entrance was forced (kind of like how your questions feel).

things fall apart
    Marquis
    Marquis
    Survivor
    Marquis
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:52 pm

Post by Marquis »

In post 21, Postie wrote:
    In post 19, Marquis wrote:Someone ttm