White Knight
Date Added
3/8/20
Nominator
Boonskiies
Nominated
Weiss Schnee/Krazy
Description

There he was, Weiss Schnee attempting to join a newbie game as an SE, but wait! Oh no! The account hadn’t completed enough games yet. Adorable, who is essentially at L-1 with no way of getting out of a 250+ page game late into the game replaces out. “Here’s my chance!” Weiss Schnee thought before taking the slot just to die in. Little did he know, no longer did people want to lynch the slot after he came in.

Weiss Schnee ended up lasting 5+ days and immediately became locktown in the eyes of the game despite there being no mechanical reasoning for him to be town. Scum were immediately deflated, as they talked about how replacements can really just ruin games. Weiss Schnee took the entirety of the mechanical puzzle, and solved, and was the town leader from the moment they joined. The next days after, multiple scum lynches started happening. Had it not been for a Weiss Schnee joining, I’m not sure I could say this would have been a town victory. Day 9, 5 players left, 1 scum, the town finally hit the final scum, and the town are victorious. High level town play, late entry into the game, flipped the entire gamestate, this is a White Knight Nom if I’ve ever seen one.
I was totally convinced this slot was scum until Weiss obv towned all over the place. I don’t have a lot to add, but this deserves White Knight.
+1

100%!

nth
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #85 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:47 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 67, Weiss Schnee wrote:
Paperback Writer
Date Added
3/1/20
Nominator
Krazy/Weiss Schnee
Nominated
Boonskiies
Description
A delightful homage to the collected works of William Shakespeare
nth
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #102 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:01 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 101, Firebringer wrote:
Moment of Brilliance
6/3/2020 Firebringer Auro Mini Normal 2139: No Flavor Allowed Auro single handedly took down the scum team during a time of mass hysteria and confusion for the town. Was able to correctly deduce the final setup and make a plan that lead to the town win. Just pro town play all around
Nth

Don’t even know the game but Auro was also town mvp in TM, so I wholeheartedly support this nom.

ETA: a good samaritan kindly informed me that this nomination was made in jest. :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Nancy Drew 39 on Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #103 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:08 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

. Resevoir Dogs (will fix link later).
Paperback Writer
04/27/2020 Nancy Drew 39 Enter viewtopic.php?f=83&t=82885&start=1800Brilliant graphics, themed role pms and even notices to the dead thread. Enter seemingly infused the movie theme flavour into every single aspect of the game.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #124 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 121, Auro wrote:
In post 118, northsidegal wrote:This is really a no-brainer of a nomination to me.
Definitely -
nth
the Hectic nom.
nth
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #241 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:26 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 240, the worst wrote:great nom - in a pinch I agree, SS carried early and Hoopla drove it home perfectly. If I feel energised I'd be pretty interested in, at a bare minimum, doing a version of the same Nom but including
Smoke and Mirrors’
effort. I really feel like Menalque's attempts to avoid being miselim'd were a moment in history. There are another bunch of alternate universe where Mena just became so ludicrously towny that SS was eliminated a day earlier, and Hoopla would have had a MUCH tougher con to sell (that extra mis-elim would have been brutal). I may have the added benefit of seeing the tension in the scum pt when they started to realise Mena might wriggle out of his elimination. But it was probably one of the most tense parts of the game.

Afaict
Smoke and Mirrors (Pooky and Nancy Drew)
made the call that
their
slot, and SS', were pretty unlikely to endgame - chainsawing the hell out of SS to force the Mena elimination across the line at the cost of, what, burning two scumslots who were basically about to go down, was honestly inspired.
FiFY

Since all of our respective conversations took place in Discord, since I forgot to request a hydra PT, I don’t know why you’d even assume that any/all of our decisions weren’t 100% a joint effort?

I really appreciate you giving us the credit, despite that rather bizarre oversight.

Eta: found out that the hydra PT actually does exist but that neither Pooky or I ever posted in it. However, I really did get a kick out of duckling asking us if we wanted anything redacted from it. :lol:
Last edited by Nancy Drew 39 on Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #242 (isolation #6) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:29 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 239, Infinity 324 wrote:
Goodfellas
12/29/20
Infinity 324
Hoopla, Something_Smart
Due mostly to the efforts of these two, scum were able to solidly outplay the town mechanically while consistently avoiding being eliminated when it mattered. There were a bunch of pregame decisions that determined what power roles players would get. The scumteam managed to deny town most of the major power roles, leaving them with just a neighborizer, a 1-shot watcher, a vengeful, a PGO, and a UB against a 1-shot redirector and a JK in a 11v3 setup. s_s came up with the brilliant idea to no kill n1, and have lilith (the JK) claim her target and act like she had a guilty. Despite being put under a lot of pressure d1 and being suspected by an influential town player (skitter), the no kill and claim meant that lilith was treated as essentially locktown for a long time. Later in the game when town realized there was no doctor, lilith being scum seemed even more unlikely. It also almost gave scum a free elimination on menalque. Throughout the game, s_s managed to avoid suspicion without looking like he was trying to avoid suspicion. His questions seemed well-timed and well-motivated from a town perspective. They could also be very manipulative, as s_s made me question my defense of multiple town wagons without even pushing the wagons himself. Hoopla, despite having a lowkey early game, turned on the gas d4 and put on one of the best displays of pretending to be uninformed that I've ever seen. Despite being solidly in the PoE beforehand, she essentially stopped being suspected for the rest of the game. She was so good at getting into a town mindset that at multiple point during the day she posted almost exactly what I was thinking before I could say it. This allowed her to easily pocket me for the win.
Why exclude us (Smoke and Mirrors) and only give proper credit to only two thirds of the scumteam?

If the entire scumteam isn’t being rightfully included then I can’t endorse this nom. Either nominate the entire team or don’t make this nom imo.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #244 (isolation #7) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:16 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 243, Infinity 324 wrote:I thought that hoopla and s_s did the most to contribute to scum's victory, I don't think you and pooky played bad at all but I don't think your performance was exceptional the way hoopla's and s_s's was. I would support a nom with all 3 of you though
I doubt we’d have won without the Mena misexecute and hammer. Also, I don’t know if you’e ever been bussed as scum but it’s not necessarily easy to make that look believable. I’ve caught scum by their unconvincing reactions to being bussed when compared with being pushed as town. We also (well in this particular case, Pooky) played a significant role in the decision to NK Peta but I guess my main point is you usually don’t only nominate part of a scumteam.
In post 4477, the worst wrote:
Infinity 324,
Vanilla Townie
, has been endgamed.

Not_Mafia,
Town Neighbouriser
, has been endgamed.

Hoopla,
Mafia Goon
, survives and wins.

Congratulations to the scumteam of Hoopla, Something_Smart & Smoke and Mirrors (rep. lilith2013)!
In post 4506, the worst wrote:pt release will be ~72 hrs from game end :)

I agree the skitter/menalque thing was glorious to behold. I kept flashing back to all the times I've kept skitter and/or menalque alive and how much of a good time that was. :cry:

when I did the rand I had to put my phone down walk away come back and look at it again but I think in a plist this good, ~50% of scumteam rands would have been formidable.

I hope it's not lazy to say that I think SS and Lilith played the early game very strongly, and Hoopla and S&M played the lategame very strongly. The decision to seize the Menalque miselim and set Hoopla up for a double bus (rather than letting SS elim go through maybe, then reassessing from there) was visionary imo.
Last edited by Nancy Drew 39 on Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #253 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:00 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 248, Isis wrote:I've always viewed the goodfellas award as being awarded to the scum faction of a particular game in its entirety rather than players. It's like Best Picture.
And like if one nominee is 3 players who played like 8s and another nominee is two players that played like 9s and one that played like a 2, the former would get the award.
Yeah that’s what I thought as well.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”