Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #50 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:41 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 48, petapan wrote:
White Knght
26/07/21 petapan Dannflor Not Quite Normal Multiball Replacing into a slot that had not only faked a scumslip but fakeclaimed a role that did not fit the setup, Dannflor amended the claim to his true role, vanilla townie, and seemed resigned to dying as his slot was being run up, only to post so hard and so townie that enough people started having doubts and decided to give him time, with him becoming a top townread of the masonry that took charge of the game. This lead to a turnaround into a day 1 scum elimination, and continuing from there, with Dannflor staying alive to endgame. Truly an impressive turnaround for a slot most would have written off as doomed.
I 2nd this.

The original slot had enough missteps to rack up 10 votes (e-2) in the first 3 hours of the game, and the people not hammering were holding back specifically just to give us time to talk before the elim.

Dann did wonders for that slot
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #65 (isolation #1) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:40 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Kodak Moment
02/09/21 Lukewarm borkjerfkin, Annie Edison, Dunnstral, Here There Be Dragons, Lukewarm, ManateeGal, PookyTheMagicalBear, Snarky Fishes, unwnd Mini 2230: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night: Game Over This was a TENSE game. But there was this one night where it all fell away, and became lighthearted and silly.

A couple players started pretending to be pirates. And suddenly half the lobby was on, and the game kind of fell away as people stopped to photo shop pirate hats / flags / eye patches onto their avatars. With some even taking time to edit pictures for other people or to help one another hunt down pirate themed to photoshop a picture to use. In the end even the mod joined in with the 8 players who all changed their avatar.

And that is when the sea shanties started :lol: :lol:

I nominated everyone who took part in the pirate themed avatar night, which I know pushes it over the 5. But I think that just means it won't come with a banner if it wins, which I am okay with. If I had to limit it, I would probably pare it down to bork, pooky, annie, and Here there be dragons.

Bork, because I find it hilarious that the mod changed his profile pic along side the players.

HTBD and Annie were the ones who started the "pretend to be pirates" dialogue, and then Annie and Pooky were the ones getting avatars for other people, not just themselves.

Interestingly, now that I am looking back from the post game, I am realizing that it was the scum team (pooky+annie+htbd) that was the driving force behind it all :lol:
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #82 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:28 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

+1 for cabd.

I was in 2 of the games pooky just mentioned, and spectated another. He really did power through the whole scum team in all three of them.

I might suggest making it a Morph nom though. Imo, the two with ffery were the ones that truly wowed me. Nqn multiball, they put their "final reads list" in their mason chat NIGHT ONE, and it was a perfect kill list. For a night one reads list for a game with 7 scum, that is kinda insane

And again in yggdrasil, 5/5 in a large game is super impressive.

Cabd does great on his own too, don't get me wrong, but morph dominates large themes
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #97 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:42 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 65, Lukewarm wrote:
Kodak Moment
02/09/21 Lukewarm borkjerfkin, Annie Edison, Dunnstral, Here There Be Dragons, Lukewarm, ManateeGal, PookyTheMagicalBear, Snarky Fishes, unwnd Mini 2230: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night: Game Over This was a TENSE game. But there was this one night where it all fell away, and became lighthearted and silly.

A couple players started pretending to be pirates. And suddenly half the lobby was on, and the game kind of fell away as people stopped to photo shop pirate hats / flags / eye patches onto their avatars. With some even taking time to edit pictures for other people or to help one another hunt down pirate themed to photoshop a picture to use. In the end even the mod joined in with the 8 players who all changed their avatar.

And that is when the sea shanties started :lol: :lol:
I am going to retract this nomination as is, and re do it now that I have learned more about it
Kodak Moment
01/01/22 Lukewarm Annie Edison, Here There Be Dragons, PookyTheMagicalBear Mini 2230: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night: Game Over Everything I said about this moment in this game is still true. It was so funny, it cut the tension so much. Reading back through and seeing it in the isos brought a smile to my face every time.

For the entire rest of the game, everyone used their new pirate themed avatars

But it turns out that the ENTIRE thing was orchestrated by the scum team????

The first people pretending to be pirates, the scum team. The people offering to photoshop avatars for other people? The scum team. The people starting up the sea shanty's? The scum team.

Blows my mind, that they were able to orchestrate a moment that was my favorite moment in the game, and even all the way to post game, I was completely unaware that it was the scum team pulling it all together

I am unsure if traditionally nominations go to hydras or to their heads? Annie Eddison was a hydra of Notscience and The Bulge, Here there be dragons was a hydra of Ceprir and Save The Dragons
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #98 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:56 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Game of The Year
01/01/22 Lukewarm Cabd, penguin_alien FGO: Mafia in the Lostbelt - 2 Most memorable game I was a part of this year, by far.

The game design and mechanics worked out wonderfully. The Day Zero mechanic was particularly interesting to me, giving both sides an objective that is unlike any other game I have been in, with Day 0 having a "vote for town" objective as opposed to a "vote out scum" objective. Absolutely jump started the start of game lag that can happen. In normal games you have so little to go on, but here you get to start with the decision "should I try to win the day 0 vote" - and this was a complicated question, but definitely gave us much to talk about and analyze.

There was not a single role that I would not have loved to play as. Each was unique, but powerful. By having multiple x-shot abilities, and no multitasking, each night phase for ever single player held important decisions. Despite the power each roll had, the game felt very balanced.

The flavor writing was amazing this game, and was the reason I am including the co-mod in the nomination, as she was the "flavorsmith" as she put it.

Both teams were very impressive at various points in the game. The town started strong, winning the Day 0 vote, followed by three consecutive mafia eliminations. Despite the town incredible head start, the final scum managed to run the game all the way to elo, and it was an incredible nail biter all the way to the end, before town managed to pull out the win. It was probably the game that I was most tuned into from the dead thread to date.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #99 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:15 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Paperback Writer
01/01/22 Lukewarm fferyllt Shakespeare uPick Every inch of this game was dripping in the flavor.

The mod got into character, changing her avatar to a picture of the great bard himself. Her posts were written in shakespearan English, even her short posts just designed to let her snag a page top for her vote count lol

The flavor of the game, seeped into the the play of the players more then any other game I have seen. Multiple players throughout the game would post in rhyme, or meter, or shakesperean english - not because they were required to by the rules, but just because ever player was buying in the flavor of the game. When most games have players largely ignore the flavor, or maybe use it to analyze pr claims vs flavor claims, to see every player get into the flavor this way made this game stand out!

Each and every role was a character or object in a shakespere play, with the roles tightly tied to the flavor. So far as for each ability name to be quotes directly pulled from shakespere's work. The flavor Mattered for play as well. Roles that were from the same play often had interactions between one another, and were placed into a hood together. Here is the mod's post game reveal of all role cards (link) just go see how much flavor effort went into just the role cards!

Most players of the game ended up writing shakesperean sonnets for crying out loud. The game had a gold mechanic, as each player were an actor being paid to play their role, and on day 3, players could get an extra gold by posting a sonnet about the mafiascum site. And most of us did!

(also, a game about shakespere getting the flavor writing award just FEELS right lol)
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #101 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:37 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

To whoever is in charge of these things, can I recommend/request that next year the goodfellas and moment of brilliance awards be mirrors of one another?

Moment of Brilliance
Best Town Performance
Individual Game
Individual or Group Award
Current:
Goodfellas
Best Mafia Team
Individual Game
Group Award
The future? :
Goodfellas
Best Mafia Performance
Individual Game
Individual or Group Award

I very much wanted to nominate ydrasse for her scum performance in Open 812 Guardians of the Fortress, but it being required to be a group award feels werid. The rest of her team played well, but her performance was masterful. Like, best scum performance I have encountered. Left me scarred and scared of her for several game afterwards lol.

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”