T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:19 am

Post by T-Bone »

Community Contributor
2023/25/02 T-Bone TemporalLich Since 2021 Lich has been the lead contributor of the mafiascum wiki. Lich has done a lot of the legwork to overhaul how the wiki works and has been my go-to person when I need things on the Wiki updated. Lich has been diligent in making sure the front page gets regular updates, adding new set-ups to the wiki, and updating new roles as they are created (even offering new roles too). Lich has also done a lot of the wiki specific work that most people don't have the skills to do, such as templates and page designs. I think of Lich as the de facto MafiaScum Wiki administrator right now. This nomination is long overdue
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:39 am

Post by T-Bone »

White Knight
2023/02/25 T-Bone Gimli Legends of the Business Company Gimli replaced into a tough scum slot in this game. He already had two predecessors in his slot that not a lot of players felt were townie and was in a lot of PoE's by the time he replaced in. He replaced into a scumteam that had just had two members flipped back to back, and it didn't look good for the team in the immediate aftermath of those two flips. It was an interesting slot to replace into as the scumteam would now need 4 mislims in a row to win, and the scumteam only had one night kill to remove a player who couldn't be mislimmed. His other partner (me) was widely town read but there was a good chance Gimli could also have been limmed. I think Gimli did well to distance himself from his predecessors and established enough genuine looking reads to satisfy the rest of the town to not immediately look his way upon replacing in. In the words of the game mod Firebringer "to me gimli has one job to do and if he does it well enough last scum wins this 90% of the time. No matter everything else. That job is: Don't make the last scum look bad" which as Gimli's partner who was deeply embedded in the town was all I needed. Later in the game I asked Gimli to do things to help me win the game and Gimli was the perfect support person. When I asked Gimli to post reads to start influencing the other players he was able to work them in. When I needed Gimli to coordinate the quick hammer to win the game he was right there with me. I think what makes Gimli's replacement so great is that he didn't try to hero his slot or change people's perceptions or tried to work himself into a lead position as a replacement. Instead he acted as the perfect wingman to allow me to carry out the plan I had been working on all game. I've had scum partner replacements in the past completely blow up the team to try and make an impact. I cannot understate how crucial for our victory it was for Gimli to be understated and take direction.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #45 (isolation #3) » Thu May 04, 2023 6:26 am

Post by T-Bone »

Community Contributor
2023/05/04 T-Bone Thestatusquo Shea pushed forth an initiative that was long overdue, sending out an email to our member list inviting them back to the site. I think this was ultimately a success as countless users have returned to the community in some capacity, either via the discord, and even some mafia games. This was especially helpful because many returning players signed up for Team Mafia. Without Shea's skills in this task, it would not have gotten done because no one on the current mod team had the necessary skills or knowledge to push this through.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #56 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:42 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 55, Thestatusquo wrote:
Rising Star
2023/21/8 thestatusquo Black In the last year black has taken the newbie queue by storm, amassing an impressive record that earned her (the somewhat tongue in cheek) nickname "the newbie scum queen" by willing a large number of scum games in a row. Black also jumped into the other queues on the site full force and even competed in team mafia, becoming a well known member of the site and the queues in a very short period of time. She has also integrated herself into the community side of the site, becoming a fixture in the discord as well as other parts of site culture. I've found her rise and her ability to integrate into the general meta of the site as a newbie to be impressive and think it deserves recognition.
2nd

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #221 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:20 am

Post by T-Bone »

I wanted to nominate Pink Ball but had initially waited until I saw if Pink Ball had other scum games this year besides TM. Anyone know who can help me out with said nomination?

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #223 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:30 am

Post by T-Bone »

Goodfellas
2024/01/08 T-Bone Pink Ball, Thestatusquo, Frozen Angel, Dunnstral TM 2023: Amnesiac Mafia This team had a clean sweep during Team Mafia fooling both the town in this game as well as every teammate of the players they were playing against. The nature of Team Mafia, where players can discuss their reads with teammates leads to a very pro-town environment overall. Amnesiac Mafia is also a set-up where the mafia team cannot get rid of roles they fear and have to focus on getting rid of players they fear and manipulating the remaining instead. Of note, halfway through the game, Pink Ball devised a plan to get members of the mafia team "confirmed" as town, sealing the fate of the town as they had no choice but to be lead around by this mafia team. This is despite Frozen Angel being heavily suspected the entire game. This team also had to deal with some unfavorable replacements and watching members of the town slowly confirm one another. It is a miracle that they were able to sweep the game despite feeling like they were one wrong move away from diaster.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #224 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:43 am

Post by T-Bone »

Kodak Moment
2024/01/08 T-Bone Kuribo Detective Daryl on the Case Additional context here and here

This is a funny moment that Kuribo had planned for about three days prior to posting it in his Team Discord for Team Mafia. Kuribo, along with the rest of the town, were currently getting snowballed by the mafia team. Additionally, the role mechanic had given Kuribo the same role multiple times and it had become more useless as the game went on, adding to Kuribo's frustration. He let out his frustration by doing up a whiteboard of Drixx's ISO and attributing this work to his assistant, Detective Daryl, who is a stuffed animal. He then defends Detective Daryl's drug habit and status as "Big Sexy" and does it again with a GuyInFreezer whiteboard. Spoiler: Detective Daryl isn't good at mafia, both Drixx and GuyInFreezer were town. The actual mafia team taunted Detective Daryl in thread.

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”