Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:48 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 36, Gimli wrote:
In post 22, DragonEater70 wrote:
Mad Scientist
2023/03/19 DragonEater70 Korina Weird Dreams Mafia This game had such amazingly done mechanics, it was actually incredible. FIrst of all, the
Nightmare mechanic
was just fantastic. It was so fun having a PT to get voted into and to do speculation of what invention would be best to give, but none of the inventions felt over- or under-powered. Second, the Falsely Prophetic Fridge was such a cool bastard concept. Like it was such an awesome source of misinformation. It's a real shame the game got thrown, but I think Korina does deserve the award. I would love to play another game with similar mechanics so much!
seconded!
NTH
In post 39, Aisa wrote:
Hannibal Lecter
2023/04/03
Imaginality won this game with an admirable performance as a 1-shot Bulletproof SK. He did attract some early attention (1, 2), but it was nothing he couldn't shake off, and it positioned him well to slip unnoticed through Days 2 and 3. In a game with 3 killing roles besides himself and a Jailkeeper, he managed to dodge all Night Actions.

On Day 3, two townies had both softed power roles, one of them claiming they could clear a third town slot. Luck was definitely involved, but Imag managed to predict which PR we would kill as scum and killed off the other PR, putting us in one of the few scenarios that was not an auto-loss for Mafia and SK alike.

The masterstroke was definitely his play on Day 4, in 3v1v1. Imag took control of the narrative, for example advocating that we let the confirmed townie suggest the elimination. He correctly identified my slot as the remaining scum slot and cased us relentlessly in a way that had me completely paralysed. He made us look bad enough that I'm not sure I could have gotten an elimination through on him even if I had realised he was the SK. Which I didn't; I suspected both the two other unconfirmed townies of being the 3rd party above him.

It's clear Imag put a significant amount of thought into the game. I had the help of two hydra partners and still personally found it exhausting, at times, to push miseliminations and optimise Night Actions. Imaginality did it all by himself and made it look easy.

Conflict of interest: still shocked outraged and bedazzled by him being the SK.
NTH

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”