Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (isolation #0) » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:00 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 215, Metal Sonic wrote:http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=60474

Nominate SMITE Mafia for Game Of The Year.

Longest Game Ever, with no intentional spamming*.

Best Role PMs, Set Up design, colorful and fun and enjoyable.

The game ran for more than half the year.

*with the sole purpose of boosting page count to a certain large number

also can be nominated for best town choke, though that could possibly go to TM's Mini Normal, so bleh.

Seconded.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (isolation #1) » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:18 am

Post by Drixx »

Just to add a little more about why it should be considered:

The game was super role heavy, but also managed to avoid huge swings. The role interactions were well thought out, and all players, regardless of alignment, had a lot to engage with, just with the setup ... never mind the rest of the people. The game design was brilliant.

The game also ended up in a winner takes all SK vs. Scum final day where town couldn't win, which means the prior day was a winner takes all Town vs. SK vs. Scum with only the SK knowing that.

I could probably write a wall about why the game was so good, but hopefully that's enough :)
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:15 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 313, Metal Sonic wrote:anyway YOLO

Nominating Steven Universe mafia for Game of the Year http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=62366

(i still believe in my smite mafia nom btw, but some people apparently cannot appreciate so there)

A game of adequate length (3 months), Steven Universe mafia boasts a unique player-friendly neighborhood mechanic, called "Alliances/Fusions", where players can choose to ally and form a day-chat with another player. This is further encouraged with the unlocking of various unique abilities when one is in such an alliance. This mechanic allowed the game to focus more on the core tenets of mafia (scumhunting, and fooling town), while building rapport between players without the commonly observed game-threatening paranoia of pre-made neighborhoods. True to the source content, fans will be able to appreciate the vast amount of work Varsoon had put in to match the game's roles to its flavor, and this is actually very detailed. Although this resulted in sub-optimal fakeclaims for the scumteam which Varsoon had overlooked, they had managed to overcome this and win the game after a mind-numbing bussing strategy that could have gone wrong in several ways. Speaking about play -- both factions performed
admirably
. The scum executed a complex bus of its second-most-powerful PR to deliver vast amounts towncred to a teammate(myself), and as a player in-game remarked "What do you think the chances are of them being partners?" "essentially zero". The twist in the game came when the IC, Reasonably Rational, turned the tables on both masterminds of the scumteam with an awe-inspiring case (see above), completely penetrating the towncred I had amassed for myself as well as severely decimating the scumteam. However, the towncred I had amassed was ironically transferred to my remaining partner (Xtoxm) [as the case that the IC made had damned me, but in the same vein "cleared" my parter], whom successfully rode out the last few days (while making perfect kill choices) to win the game for scum. Both factions had made some glaring mistakes during the course of the game, such as the town dayvig misfiring, or a scum making a perceived scumslip, but these are typical of any healthy Large Theme. The game ended on an intense 4 player MYLO which was indicative of its balance as well as the pressure of the endgame situation for both factions. The roles were wacky, this could have been considered a Role Madness, great flavor, awesome modding, and commendable play on both sides. If you have issues with nominations of long games, then this game should be perfect for you.

Seconded. If anything, the description doesn't do it justice. After SMITE, I doubted I could think any other game this year would even have a shot. This one was every bit as exciting and dramatic. Keep games like this coming. A+++
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:27 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 313, Metal Sonic wrote:anyway YOLO

Nominating Steven Universe mafia for Game of the Year http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=62366

(i still believe in my smite mafia nom btw, but some people apparently cannot appreciate so there)

A game of adequate length (3 months), Steven Universe mafia boasts a unique player-friendly neighborhood mechanic, called "Alliances/Fusions", where players can choose to ally and form a day-chat with another player. This is further encouraged with the unlocking of various unique abilities when one is in such an alliance. This mechanic allowed the game to focus more on the core tenets of mafia (scumhunting, and fooling town), while building rapport between players without the commonly observed game-threatening paranoia of pre-made neighborhoods. True to the source content, fans will be able to appreciate the vast amount of work Varsoon had put in to match the game's roles to its flavor, and this is actually very detailed. Although this resulted in sub-optimal fakeclaims for the scumteam which Varsoon had overlooked, they had managed to overcome this and win the game after a mind-numbing bussing strategy that could have gone wrong in several ways. Speaking about play -- both factions performed
admirably
. The scum executed a complex bus of its second-most-powerful PR to deliver vast amounts towncred to a teammate(myself), and as a player in-game remarked "What do you think the chances are of them being partners?" "essentially zero". The twist in the game came when the IC, Reasonably Rational, turned the tables on both masterminds of the scumteam with an awe-inspiring case (see above), completely penetrating the towncred I had amassed for myself as well as severely decimating the scumteam. However, the towncred I had amassed was ironically transferred to my remaining partner (Xtoxm) [as the case that the IC made had damned me, but in the same vein "cleared" my parter], whom successfully rode out the last few days (while making perfect kill choices) to win the game for scum. Both factions had made some glaring mistakes during the course of the game, such as the town dayvig misfiring, or a scum making a perceived scumslip, but these are typical of any healthy Large Theme. The game ended on an intense 4 player MYLO which was indicative of its balance as well as the pressure of the endgame situation for both factions. The roles were wacky, this could have been considered a Role Madness, great flavor, awesome modding, and commendable play on both sides. If you have issues with nominations of long games, then this game should be perfect for you.

Can we put this for best new mechanic too with the ally/fusion mechanic? I guess neighborhoods aren't "new" but this mechanic for creating them is, and I hope variations of it show up again.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:54 pm

Post by Drixx »

3rd on the mechanic. Totally made neighborhoods way less awkward and way more a strategic part of the game. Tons of things that happened in neighborhoods had major impacts on how the game progressed, and the game was incredible. Anyone who enjoys reading games ... this one won't waste your time.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:38 am

Post by Drixx »

Nth on the writer nod. I've
never
seen flavor and story done so well. It didn't feel like months went by while playing the game, because it didn't feel like an endless interaction of mechanics. Instead it was a story, and we (the two of us in the RR hydra) were fortunate enough to get the main character, and live the entire game, which made the entire story arc really hit home at the end.

When the last lynch happened, the flavor text was how I found out that we had lost, despite the fight, but instead of being irritated by the wasted time or upset about losing (for more than a brief moment), I felt like the story had been worth the time. I feel like if every Large Themed game had this level of flavor and dedication to immersing the players into the game far enough that it stopped being the same game with the same basic mechanics we've been playing for years (or decades in some cases), a lot of people who avoid them for how long they take would instead flock to them for the amazing experiences that are memorable and leave you with lasting fondness, win or lose.

And the game features the absolute best post game discussion among players that I've ever seen. Lots of *feels* for the people in that game.

Other game mods ... I know some of you are great (because I've read and played your games!), but Varsoon kind of threw down a gauntlet here in terms of flavor. I hope you all pick it up and do him one better. I can't wait to see what comes next!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (isolation #6) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:49 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 328, Psyche wrote:still so drixx :]

Did you know that "Wall of Drixx" has been translated into 37 languages idiomatically?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (isolation #7) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:31 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 330, Psyche wrote:yes
i've been tracking you for some time now

That's not creepy at all, lol.

I hope you go read the hydra PT for Reasonably Rational from Steven Universe. It's unfiltered me mixed with unfiltered Cerb mixed with patented awesomesauce™
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (isolation #8) » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:33 pm

Post by Drixx »

Third for Suikoden Best town

Getting all scum and a role that would be harmful to town in LYLO as the lynches is just the start. Town was super organized, with multiple higher than usual level plays being made by multiple members of the town. Even with victory in hand, the town continued to work hard to ensure that being wrong on the final lynch wouldn't cause the town to implode.

If there's an award for best individual performance as town, would like to nominate Titus for it from this same game. With the exception of mistaking a mason pair for scum, she had the game figured out in the first 48-72 hours of the game. Like, literally had it figured out. She had correctly picked three strong town players and had identified all scum in her listing of scum. In fact, if you take out the mason pairing, her scum reads contained
only
scum. In the early part of freaking day one. Absurdly good performance by an individual.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (isolation #9) » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:14 pm

Post by Drixx »

I was more impressed by a specific single performance in the town than the whole, but I don't see a way to nominate just Titus. In place of what I cannot do, I'll second the next best thing, even if it is a self-nom. The performance by her was that impressive.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (isolation #10) » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:16 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 459, singersigner wrote:There's a paragon award, isn't there? You could add it to her nomination for that.

In post 460, Psyche wrote:yeah, but that's body of work, etc

We're coming up on the end of the year. I guess I'll review some Titus games and see if there are similarly impressive performances elsewhere and if so I'll do that. Thanks for pointing it out guys. I read the opening post and somehow missed it.

And yeah, I get the negative stigma of self nomination, but I hope the committee overlooks it in this case. The play that Titus pulled off was by itself amazingly impressive, and objectively speaking (taking my own part of it out of the equation), the town pulled off a super impressive performance. I wouldn't have added my voice to the nomination if I didn't believe that it was objectively among the best town performances I've seen all year.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (isolation #11) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:47 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 462, Ythan wrote:It's a negative stigma because if it was notable someone who wasn't on the team would have nominated it. Or will going forward if you have patience.

That's not always the case. I pulled off what I feel like was objectively a really top notch scum performance in SMITE (as did the SK, who lost out to me in a 1-1-2 final day). I replaced in to a team demoralized and inactive, who both could have prevented being lynched the days they got lynched, costing the town and buying me time, since I had really solid town credibility. Neither of them was really communicative. At one time both of them were literally idle in the main thread for something like 18 and 21 days. They didn't work with me at all, making me essentially a solo agent from day 3 onward. Both of them had role utility that could have made it way more easy for me, but neither would even do so much as just let me tell them what I would like them to do to help my own play.

It was, objectively, the best scum game I've ever played, and a friend who came from the same site as me said it was among the best scum games he's ever seen in over a decade playing forum mafia.

But ... nobody ever nominated. It was briefly discussed in the game thread, and I think someone simply said that another person was going to win the Master Manipulator so there wasn't any point in nominating. I didn't see any nomination in thread for the person they mentioned, so I have no idea why they thought that other than they said that this other guy did something a bit more impressive with much higher states. I'm new around here and if someone else did something even better, they should win, so I was a little bummed that nobody felt it warranted even being looked at, when I've been playing a really long time and put on the best performance I ever have, by a huge margin, and pulled out a win that any observer would have said simply wasn't possible at day 3 of the game.

I never came and self nominated (and won't do so) for that. I gave the details simply so I could say the next bit and you could have context for how good something has to be for me to second it when it's a self nomination and I am part of the team being nominated:

So when I say that I feel like The town play super early was so decisively good that it warrants nomination, even though I was part of that town ... I'm being as objective as I can possibly be.

In post 463, OceanWind wrote:I was a little uncertain on whether this thread was purely for nominations or debate was encouraged but since it is being discussed, I'll add my two cents.

I read the game really quickly. The scumteam wasn't all that impressive. At least two members (LicketyQuickety and Klingoncelt) had fairly weak games objectively and the remaining scum member was decent but not distinctive. They had the kind of playstyle that would have gotten them lynched regardless of alignment and didn't play a particularly strong or threatening game that would need town to put in extra effort to catch them.

I did not see where Titus had the scumteam pegged despite ISOing her so a link would be nice. I'll believe it though. In a different game I played with Titus, she had two members of our scumteam nailed on D1 in a Blitz game. We mislynched her but her reads were good: Blitz 1. I'm against supporting the best town performance nomination as it currently stands.

Look in Jeanne11's posts for a post where Varsoon warned her not to copy and paste. There's two steps to it:

1.) Titus identified really hard to read people as town and put together a synergy of abilities and had correct town reads ridiculously early, and used the synergy of abilities to run a gambit that caught scum.
2.) Titus was concerned about dying and left Jeanne11 notes on who was scum, and she had the entire scum team listed in those notes. She also listed the mason pair, but it's understandable to misread masons as possible scum, especially when one of the masons white knights the other.

So she literally had pretty much the whole town figured out in the first few realtime days of the game, and by the time she made a note leaving instructions to Jeanne11 in case she were to be killed, she had correctly identified the entire scum team. On day one. A big part of how she did it was a gambit she organized and which was hampered by someone who was "in the know" about it and got overly anxious. She still managed to get it all right on day one when she literally had only one piece of information she knew for absolute certainty: Her own role.

I find that exceptionally impressive ... especially given how difficult a couple of the players in the game are to read. I think it's really easy to look at a finished product and say that the scum weren't impressive ... but they never stood a chance. Having been on a scum team that had a member lynched on each of the first three days of a game, I can tell you that it will really knock out the desire to dig in an invest when the chances are so slim.

I frequently find that when one team dominates, it's hard to objectively decide whether that team was just really very good or if the other team was just really bad. In this case, what made me decide the town was really good is primarily the way Titus had things nailed so early and the fact that other town players with powerful roles were able to trust her (Titus is really difficult to read for most people) and work together so that individually "so so" powers combined to basically make it game over early in day one.

Anyway ... I won't say more about it. I'll read some more of Titus from this year and possibly nom her for the single award. If there's a couple more games like this one, I think she should at least be considered.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (isolation #12) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:48 am

Post by Drixx »

Sorry for pulling a "wall of text Drixx" post out there.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (isolation #13) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:35 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 473, Ythan wrote:
In post 472, Cerberus v666 wrote:I'm never going to nominate a game other than one I'm involved in. I simply don't care enough about anyone else's games to actually read their game and determine if they deserve to be nominated, and I'm certain the majority of players feel the same way. It's simply too much time to properly evaluate a games and the merits of the nomination.

Then leave it to people who do?

Isn't that why the Scummies have a group of people who read the nominated games to determine the winners for each award?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (isolation #14) » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:08 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 495, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 466, Drixx wrote:It was, objectively, the best scum game I've ever played, and a friend who came from the same site as me said it was among the best scum games he's ever seen in over a decade playing forum mafia.

it was also probably the best scum game mastin's ever played, but nobody nominated mastin for it, either

go figure

I have to admit that I laughed, a lot. But poor Mastin doesn't deserve the blame.

If you want to blame someone that I won (it was a very tiring couple months is about all I will say about it at the moment), it probably has to be ZZZX. I literally posted the exact post numbers in the main thread where he could find the information in our neighborhood to completely torpedo me, on the day he got lynched. He bizarrely just took my word for it and didn't go and look. I had no choice at that point but to just put out the information for him to verify and count on others (and him) believing that no guilty person would show you exactly where to go to prove they are guilty.

The other thing about that game is that if I had failed to navigate my way and win ... there was an SK whom everyone assumed was a Vig who would easily have won. The effort he put in and the skill with which he played was the 2nd best SK play I've ever seen (counting off site games, I've played like 200+ forum mafia games over the course of the last ~8 years). I nearly nominated him but I figured a SK who made it to kingmaker but didn't win wouldn't win if I nommed, and I didn't want to waste the time of the people who evaluate the nominations, given how long SMITE was.

But for folks new to this site who are viewed as "newbs" (to use the language of the past couple pages), even if the person has a long experience with the game elsewhere ... just being nominated for something is a bit of validation. There's definitely a very strong bias against new folks around here sometimes, and nobody likes to be shit on because their join date isn't representative of their play level. Everyone I know likes to be validated when they do something that is objectively an outlier from the norm (in a good way).
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (isolation #15) » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:16 pm

Post by Drixx »

Psyche I wish I knew what to make of your cryptic comments to me in this thread. Feel like dropping me a PM and just being blunt?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (isolation #16) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:11 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 526, VysePresident wrote:For what it's worth Drixx, if there was a scummie for individual gameplay, I'd have nominated you after SMITE. I wasn't particularly comfortable nominating the rest of your team for obvious reasons, and wasn't entirely sure if it was appropriate for the body of work award. In the end, I decided it probably wasn't even my place to do so, and decided to just watch you in future games we might be in together.

Beyond that, my thought on self-nominations is that the place they're in is about the best it can be. There may occasionally be valid reasons for a self-nom, but they'd better be good if I'm not just going to roll my eyes at someone's ego.

I wouldn't nominate me for Master Manipulator I don't think. I've got 4 scum games:

1.) First game on site, replaced into a newbie scum slot, did well and won.
2.) SMITE ... enough said.
3.) Replaced into a scum slot, was actively scumhunting (known SK in setup). SK shot me in the face night one.
4.) Assigned to a scum team in a multi-ball game. Other team shot me in the face night 2 I think. I was investigating them so it was fortuitous on their part.

Hard to point to a newbie game and SMITE and call that a really strong body of work. I'm not sure what it would take for a body of work for scum in a year, given how infrequently I get assigned a scum role. Like ... if someone has two really great scum performances in a year, is that enough? Should it be more? What's a good standard? (I have someone I want to nominate for their scum/SK play, but I don't know if it's enough to warrant it and don't want to waste people's time).
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (isolation #17) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:49 pm

Post by Drixx »

Cool. I'll put in the effort to write up a good nom for them then.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (isolation #18) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:48 am

Post by Drixx »

3rd Shos. That was brilliant.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (isolation #19) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:23 am

Post by Drixx »

Nth Varsoon
. I thought someone had already done it or I would have. He shouldn't be penalized for the self-nomination. He ran the best game of the year, imo, and his body of work for the year is absurdly strong. Steven Universe was hands down the best game I saw on site all year (and I'm one of those weird people who go and browse other games, so I looked at a LOT of games this year), and I think it was nom for best setup or something that I remember.

Sorry you had to self nom Varsoon.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #627 (isolation #20) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 626, Varsoon wrote:
Seconding Drixx for Most Cunning Manipulator

At the very least, I've been constantly impressed with his scum-game.

Thanks Varsoon. Since my noms have no links or anything, I'll just summarize my scum games this year to make life easier for the people who will be evaluating all of the noms.

In completed solo games, I was assigned scum six times. I replaced out of one of them early because of a death in the family (that was close on the heels of another) and a ton of stress IRL. I was killed night 1 by the SK of another that ended abruptly on day one with a modkill right while I was pushing a slot as SK, so it makes sense the SK took me out. In a third game, I died to the other scum team on night two when investigating one of them (I think it was 1-time reflexive ability that got me). So those were pretty janky and I didn't really get much chance to actually play.

Actual games worth consideration:

#1 - My first game on site. I replaced into a slot being scum read, turned it around and we had a perfect scum win. Thread Here

#2 - SMITE. I replaced into this behemoth of a game in the 3rd day. The scum team was already down 3 members and the remaining scum were super demoralized and inactive; and I was stuck with a fake claim from the prior player on my slot... one which made the difficulty of me being the one to live to the end and win much more difficult than one of the other two alive when I replaced in, I think. I recall at one point in day 4, my two remaining scum partners were something like 18 and 22 days idle in the main game thread. Both had abilities which could have delayed or prevented their deaths, but didn't use them. There was also a mod confirmed town player who was resurrected and who I had to leave alone because targeting them with an ability reflexively roleblocked for the following 2 phases. There was also a point where town was questioning my claim and the timing of things, and I pointed town to the exact place where they could find the info to immediately realize I was scum, and that worked. It's a huge game that's up for GOTY already I think (sorry ahead of time for those evaluating it ... it's really long ... but was quite good), but the thread is here

#3 - Again I replaced into this game on day two at L-1. I managed to get out of hot water and help my partner pull out a perfect scum win. Thread here

I just realized that my best scum games are all ones I replaced into. Not sure what that means. In any case, I hope the links are helpful to those evaluating.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #628 (isolation #21) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by Drixx »

Nominating Titus for Best Mafia Catcher

I could just dump a list of most of Titus' town games throughout the year, but I'll be a little more specific.

As an example, in Suikoden U-Pick, Titus was able to accurately town read very difficult to read players and organize them in order to run a gambit. She was 100% right on those town reads and helped synergize them in the first 48 hours of the game. By the time the gambit played out, Titus accurately had the entire scum team pegged. In fact, her listing of scum consisted only of the scum team and the mason pair who gave off some scum signals.

I've played in perhaps 8 games with Titus throughout the year, and read a few others. Her ability to consistently figure out people are town and PoE her way to figuring out scum, and to do it very rapidly, is super impressive. In all the games I've played on site since joining, I haven't seen a more accurate "Mafia Catcher" ... and it's not even close. Will provide more links and summaries if necessary.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #632 (isolation #22) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:22 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 631, Psyche wrote:

I guess I'll do this myself if this is a thing?

not a thing

Sorry. I was trying to be helpful so that the group of people who do the evaluating don't have to do a bunch of extra work. I figured a brief summary of my body of work as scum for the year, with links to what is worth looking at would be useful and helpful. Wasn't at all intending to trespass on any spoken or unspoken ground that shouldn't be trespassed upon.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #649 (isolation #23) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:32 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 648, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 628, Drixx wrote:
Nominating Titus for Best Mafia Catcher

I could just dump a list of most of Titus' town games throughout the year, but I'll be a little more specific.

As an example, in Suikoden U-Pick, Titus was able to accurately town read very difficult to read players and organize them in order to run a gambit. She was 100% right on those town reads and helped synergize them in the first 48 hours of the game. By the time the gambit played out, Titus accurately had the entire scum team pegged. In fact, her listing of scum consisted only of the scum team and the mason pair who gave off some scum signals.

I've played in perhaps 8 games with Titus throughout the year, and read a few others. Her ability to consistently figure out people are town and PoE her way to figuring out scum, and to do it very rapidly, is super impressive. In all the games I've played on site since joining, I haven't seen a more accurate "Mafia Catcher" ... and it's not even close. Will provide more links and summaries if necessary.

Can I still second this?

It's for 2015, so I think so. Untrod Tripod just pointed out that any nominations for 2016 games will more properly belong in that thread once it goes up.

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”