panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7825 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:00 am

Post by panthaleon »

(I'm publically posting because this is the sort of #thoughtprovoking content that I think people could stand to consider at large. Making another person's life more miserable to try to get them to crack under pressure is kinda shitty if you really think about it)
Reformed boy - just trying my best

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7826 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:05 am

Post by kuribo »

I'm gonna keep it civil, but I will say accusing someone of faking a VLA goes beyond "just a game."

I needed breathing room on a personal level, so I took time away from the thread and you used that to accuse me.

Yah I could have afforded to take a chill pill, and god knows I try. But between being scumread for reporting a cheater, being accused of VLA-faking, and having someone admit that they were trying to infuriate me... do you think this game was fun for me?
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7827 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:13 am

Post by Alyssa The Lamb »

That was an interesting read
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7828 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:00 am

Post by nomnomnom »

That scum PT was a fun read lol
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7829 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:49 pm

Post by panthaleon »

Ok my dude but you were scum though, and you and Maria both were largely absent from the PT and we both scum. Like there's a reasonable response to that and you elected to take it violently personally.

Being called out as Mafia is not an attack on your character. I know MS is kinda wack because we call it 'scum' but it's literally just a role. On the other hand, telling someone that they are not a decent person or are morally deficient for scum reading you is an attack on their character.

Like I'm sincerely not inviting an argument over what, at the end of the day didn't matter. I'm saying that regardless of how you might have construed what I said, your response was violent and personal, and like maybe don't do that again 'cause it's kinda shitty.

both I and the mod team know where we stand regarding the plight of the palestinian people. proud to be a mafiascum member!
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7830 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 7829, panthaleon wrote:Ok my dude but you were scum though, and you and Maria both were largely absent from the PT and we both scum. Like there's a reasonable response to that and you elected to take it violently personally.

My alignment has nothing to do with you questioning my on-site integrity in abusing VLA

and further, as I said in game thread at the time, you were wrong about me being absent anyway because at the time you had made the accusation I was literally the last person who had posted. And you can't even say maria was absent either because you and her talked together all that night.

Maybe I shouldn't have been as pissed as I was but if you can't see how accusing someone of faking a VLA is going to be taken personally, then I don't know what to tell you. My response to you was personal because your attack on me WAS personal--- VLA is not something I take lightly especially when I was doing VLAs on weekends anyway due to my work schedule and when I had already been asked to step away from the game for a bit to calm down.

How is that not a personal attack; "hey this guy asked for some time away from the thread to calm down and stopped posting so lemme use that against him." I stepped away from the the thread and took VLA precisely to AVOID an explosive argument and you used that against me.

I couldn't take that any way other than personally.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
panthaleon
panthaleon
Goon
panthaleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7831 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by panthaleon »

Like I mentioned, I'm not interested in litigating this. It's just food for thought.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #7832 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by Almost50 »

After all is said and done; this is a quote from
literally my first post
of the game. :P :lol:
In post 15, Almost50 wrote:I am torn between voting DEB (my newest auto-SR default target), Maria (my traditional auto-SR default target) or FL (I'm gonna SR him at some point, so better get it off the way)
But seriously, nom gave us back the game singlehandedly with that venge after it had seemed a foregone conclusion.

dave made the most of his ability and he did nail the last scum (it would have been a bitch trying to lynch kuribo over dave/fb and I was going to be the NK the next night)

kuribo himself played a semi-perfect game

All in all, I think the Town played a miserable game up until nom was lynched (and venged Maria), then it turned to be a completely different game from then on.

Unrelated: @FL: I love you, man! I even loved that Scum PT. (Say hello to Tom Hardy for me) :lol:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7833 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:46 am

Post by nomnomnom »

conclusion:
always lynch me :]

true conclusion:
I probably should start establishing reads on people the same way I play vig/vengeful it seems to work pretty well

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”