Mafia CEO
    lynched Day 6
  • panthaleon | Doomsday | Greta Gerwig |
    Town Director
    | lynched Day 7
  • Ankamius | cancel food |Joss Whedon | Town Writer | Killed Night 7

General Rules

1) Starting and Ending States:
All roles that can communicate at Night may do during pregame. The game will end when one faction has fulfilled its win condition, unless otherwise specified.
2) Day Procedures:
Each player may discuss the game and cast a single vote at a time against people they want to lynch. Day ends when either the deadline hits or a strict majority of the votes are on one person.
3) Voting:
Votes should be in
bold
in order for them to count, for instance:
Vote: The Homosexual Agenda
. You may also use the VOTE: tags if you desire. If you wish to vote for a different player, you don't need to unvote. As long as I can tell who you're voting for, I don't care if you abbreviate someone's name when you vote them.
4) No Lynch:
As an alternative to voting for someone, you may
Vote: No Lynch
, but for it to take effect, enough players must vote No Lynch that it would be impossible to form any other majority.
5) Deadlines:
Each day will have a deadline of 14 days. Each night will last 48 hours.
6) Mass Inactivity:
In an act of pure villainy, I may shorten the deadline if I deem the activity level is unsatisfactory. You will be warned if I want you fellows to pick up the pace.
7) Deadline Lynches:
If no single player has enough votes for a lynch at the deadline, the result is No Lynch and the game proceeds to Night. Deadlines are there for a reason.

8) Twilight:
After someone receives the majority vote, everyone may still discuss the game, but votes and unvotes will not be considered - the person voted for by the majority will be lynched regardless. Twilight will last until I waltz in and post a death scene (which can be quite short, but never really long)

9) Night Length and Procedures:
The topic will be locked at Night. If your Role PM specifies that you have a Night Action, you may follow the instructions on that PM to use it. Barring extenuating circumstances, Nights will not last longer than 3 RL days.
10) Night Action Resubmission:
If you have to PM a choice to the mod (i.e. the name of someone you want to kill/protect/investigate), you may change your choice at any time during the Night by sending The Mod another PM with the new choice. The most recent choice will be honored.
11) Night Action Priority:
This game will use natural action resolution, unless otherwise stated by the mod.

12) Bolding Stuff:
Bolding something is how you get the mod to notice it. It's that simple.
13) Mod Color:
If The Mods needs to edit your post, it will be done in
b
o
l
d
e
d
r
a
i
n
b
o
w
f
o
n
t
. Don't impersonate me, or I'll cut off your thumbs and feed them to you.
14) Activity, Prods, and Replacements:
You will be prodded if three days have passed since your last post. You will be replaced if you do not post after another 24 hours, or if you need to be prodded three times throughout the game. If you know ahead of time that you will not be able to participate for at least 48 hours, go ahead and announce it in-thread so nobody (such as the mod) thinks you're lurking. I reserve the right to blacklist flakers or people who maliciously replace out.
15) "Last Words" for replacements:
If you request replacement, you may PM me a message that you would like to have passed on to the person who replaces you.
16) "Bah!" Posts:
If your player slot is killed off, it's probably because people don't want you around. Unless your role specifically states you can keep talking/voting/playing parcheesi with me, you are allowed one informationless "bah" post and then scram til endgame. Special mechanics can of course overlap
17) Outside Discussion:
Don't discuss this game outside of this thread with anyone unless your Role PM lets you do otherwise. Obviously, talking in your Team PT/DC is allowed as well.
18) Post Editing:
Editing or deleting posts is not allowed (and usually not possible).
19a) Mod and PM quoting:
For role PMs, If you quote it, you will be modkilled. You can send me the reformulation (I'm pretty loose with reformulation) and I will tell you if posting it is allowed or if it needs further modifications. If you quote a PM from me, you will be terminated (barring questions about rules or something).
19b) PTs and Private Communication:
If it is a moderator provided method of communication (i.e., neighbor PT, or masons who can daytalk and use Discord)
do not quote it in the thread
. Obviously, do not provide links to the PT in any way shape or form.
20) Modkills:
Breaking any of the above three rules (or flagrantly violating Rule 16) will result in you getting modkilled. Modkills can be retroactive. If a living player breaks any of these rules, the day may or may not end, depending on what would disadvantage that player's faction the most. In addition, getting modkilled results in an instant loss for that player, along with my general hatred. In short, follow the rules, don't be a dick.
21) Small/Invisible text:
You may use smaller text if it amuses you, as long as it's not meant to bypass a rule. As in, no hidden messages or shit like that. I will fuck you up for fucking with my game.

22) Win Mentality:
Play to win.
23) Policy:
Have fun. Or else. And remember, it's a game - keep it classy and don't take things personally; everyone's doing what they have to to win.
Last edited by Sir Elton Hercules John on Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:03 am, edited 24 times in total.
Sir Elton Hercules John
Sir Elton Hercules John
Goon
Sir Elton Hercules John
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:33 am

Post by Sir Elton Hercules John »

SAMPLE PMS

Spoiler: Mafia
Donnie
Hello, and welcome to
G
A
Y
M
A
F
I
A
:
R
E
-
B
O
O
T
Y
-
E
D
!

You are
Donnie
, an
Executive Producer
aligned with the
Mafia

Life was simple. The nation was still thanking you for your service, you got hitched, and you had a pretty good dog. The smell rising from the kitchen told you the coffee was ready. "Good," you thought to yourself, setting down your shears and stepping away from your herb garden. "I am going to put some coffee into a mug!" you declared to nobody in particular. You passed by rows of empty kombucha bottles lining the walls of your hipster-chic house. You gently poured the French Press into a ceramic mug you had hand-made by a Native American potter in Cherokee. You took a pass by your garden, bending down to fondle a persimmon in your hand. "I think I'll make persimmon pudding tomorrow. I do believe my little boys are ripe enough." That's when the phone rang. Somehow, Gay Mafia had blown up into something massive, and now people wanted to pay you money for it... perhaps more interestingly, Vladimir Putin wanted to activate you as a Russian sleeper agent. He saw this whole thing as a chance to erode American democracy, but that didn't matter to you. "That's a lot of money," you thought aloud. "Enough to buy the rarest limoncello in the world!"

YOU ARE AN EXECUTIVE PRODUCER
!
xRECKONERx (Will), Untrod Tripod (Donnie), and Sir Elton Hercules John (Elton) are all Executive Producers. You all have a private chat you may access
here

#BossTime
: Group ????

Though the three of you are in competition with one another to be the ones to scoop up the rights to the Gay Mafia franchise, every night, the three of you may privately vote to use your boss powers to ???????????????????????????????????.

(A note on group powers: while you may all discuss your plans in your neighborhood, the votes will be submitted privately. An abstain vote is also allowed. Failure to submit a vote will result in abstaining. In the event of a tie between choices, the target of the ability will be randomized, and your group WILL NOT be told who received it.)

Last Executive Producer Standing
: ???

Competition is fierce. If you somehow manage to take down two other Executive Producers, you'll be the last one standing. With such a victory, you'll become a ?????????

Russian Bot Network

You are scum with ????????????????????. You may all chat at any time using your private encrypted server
here
. You may all also select one kill each night, as well as who to perform it. Each member may only perform one action per night.

#SourdoughStarter: 1-Shot Bread Vendor

Once per game, at night, you may target someone. Your sourdough colony is alive and well, and you just can't stop talking about it. You will give someone a loaf of bread. The bread does nothing.

Win Condition (Mafia):
You win when you are equal in number to the town, or nothing can prevent the same.

Spoiler: Town
Will
Hello, and welcome to
G
A
Y
M
A
F
I
A
:
R
E
-
B
O
O
T
Y
-
E
D
!

You are
Will
, an
Executive Producer
aligned with the
Town

You stumbled bleary-eyed into the searing early morning sunlight. It was 2PM. The stench of shitty Pinot Grigio seeped through your pores, and your silk bathrobe did little to obscure your freely-dangling genitals in the crisp breeze. You stumbled out to the mailbox and pulled it open. Dozens of envelopes poured out and tumbled onto the pavement. "Guess I should check this more often," you thought to yourself through a disgusting hangover. You slopped your way back inside your home (that you totally can't afford and has caused you to go into unbelievably crippling debt). You tossed the mail on the counter and turned to the fridge, opening it and cracking open a delicious Mati All Natural Healthy Energy. You sipped it and smacked your lips, satisfied. "How DO they cram such great taste into such a small package!" You exclaimed. Thumbing through the mail was a chore -- bill, bill, local furniture store sale (how the fuck do they afford so many direct mail campaigns), bank statement, belated Christmas card from your slacker aunt, and... what was this? You opened a curious envelope and produced the contents. It was pretty straight-forward -- a Hollywood agent had stumbled on your Gay Mafia games and wanted to represent you as the bidding war begins to adapt them. You scratched your ass and looked around your overpriced suburban prison, then shrugged. "Fuck yeah, money rules."

!
xRECKONERx (Will), Untrod Tripod (Donnie), and Sir Elton Hercules John (Elton) are all Executive Producers. You all have a private chat you may access
here

#BossTime

Though the three of you are in competition with one another to be the ones to scoop up the rights to the Gay Mafia franchise, every night, the three of you may privately vote to use your boss powers to ???????????????????????????????????.

(A note on group powers: while you may all discuss your plans in your neighborhood, the votes will be submitted privately. An abstain vote is also allowed. Failure to submit a vote will result in abstaining. In the event of a tie between choices, the target of the ability will be randomized, and your group WILL NOT be told who received it.)

Competition is fierce. If you somehow manage to take down two other Executive Producers, you'll be the last one standing. With such a victory, you'll become a ?????????

Win Condition (Town):
You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Spoiler: Third Party
Elton John
Hello, and welcome to
G
A
Y
M
A
F
I
A
:
R
E
-
B
O
O
T
Y
-
E
D
!

You are
Elton John
, an
Executive Producer
and you are a
Serial Killer

The 2019 Elton John comeback tour had gone according to plan. First, you did a massive tour and told these poor fucks that you would never tour again. 200+ shows over the span of like two years, and you're still going, and these idiots are paying upwards of $300 per ticket just to see you do the same show over and over. I mean, they could just listen to Greatest Hits and be happy, you know? But on top of that, you got your biopic made... and now, wouldn't you know it, there's talks of adapting some new franchise where the lead actor is *literally* playing you. It's quite meta, but then again, it keeps your name in the spotlight, and you can get a fat paycheck by sitting back and slapping the words "executive producer" in front of your name. Of course, that'll be in your contract. Ain't nobody allowed to use your name unless you're getting MOTHERFUCKING PAID, BITCH.

!
here

#BossTime

The Bitch is Back

Each night, you may make a kill. You've stored up all the haters' energy for the last decade and have learned to channel it into productive action through your infinite farewell tour.

Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me: 1-Shot Bulletproof

You're protected by a rainbow shield of gay energy. The first time you are targeted for a kill, this Big Gay Shield will protect you. You'll be informed when this has been used.

Win Condition (SK):
You win when you are the last living player, or nothing can prevent the same.
Sir Elton Hercules John
Sir Elton Hercules John
Goon
Sir Elton Hercules John
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:51 am

TEAM MAFIA 2020 GAMEPLAY RULESET

ALL SITE RULES, INCLUDING THOSE PROHIBITING TALKING ABOUT NON TEAM MAFIA GAMES, STILL APPLY.

I reserve the right to append these rules should it become necessary. If this happens, all players will be notified
[/b]
If you have any doubt about whether something is against the rules or not, pm your mod and me, and ask.

Team Communication

1. Each team will be provided a Private Topic (PT).
2. Each team will also be provided a Discord Channel (DC), upon request.
3. Players may copy and paste whatever they want into their PT/DC.
They may not copy and paste text OUT of their PT/DC into game threads.

4. Players may continue to communicate with their team after in-game death in their provided PT/DC.
5. There are no restrictions for what players can post in their PT/DC's outside of not breaking site rules.

6. We'd prefer if teams used the provided means of communication. If your team really wants/needs to user another, please contact Untrod Tripod. The organizing team will need to be able to access any means of communication in an emergency.
7. Team PT/DC's will only be made public after the game if all players on the team consent to their release.
8. All Game PT's including all scum PT's will automatically be released after Team Mafia.

9. There will not be Spectator/Dead PT's.

Talking About Other Games

1. There are no restrictions for what players can post in their PT/DC's outside of not breaking site rules. The rules for this section refer to what players can talk about in their ongoing games and ongoing game PT's.
2. Players are only allowed to talk about mod-confirmed things from other ongoing Team Mafia games.

Examples of things that ARE allowed
  • Stating who is on what team.
  • Stating what Day or Night another game is in.
  • Stating how many players are left alive on a team.
  • Stating how many town or scum are alive in another game.
  • Stating whether a dead player in another game has flipped town or scum.

3. Any public speculation about other ongoing games is prohibited.
4. Any attempt to publically signal players from other ongoing games, pass messages to players from other games, or otherwise communicate through the use of cryptography is prohibited.
5. Do not try to loophole these rules. If anyone has questions at any point about what is allowed or not allowed please message me (Untrod Tripod).
6. To repeat: If you have any doubt about whether something is against the rules or not, PM your mod and me, and ask.

Your Teammates are Always Innocent Until Proven Guilty

1. You may at no time say, indicate, insinuate, etc. that your Team Mafia teammates are or might be anything other than town. This includes in any hypothetical situation.
2. Exception: You may talk about your teammates being scum if they have flipped scum in another game (i.e. are dead).
3. If a player is NOT on your team and is still alive in another game, you must follow the rules in the Talking About Other Games thread.

Replacements

1. It is your job to replace team members who are not active. If you require assistance from the moderator or any event organizer, there will be a tiebreak penalty.
2. To replace a team member, you must PM Untrod Tripod AND the moderator of your game. We have a list of replacements that you will be able to choose from.
3. You may replace with anyone who is not currently on a Team Mafia team, has not previously been on a different Team Mafia team, is and has not been part of the Team Mafia Organizing team (Moderators, Balance-checkers, players in tiebreak game), and is eligible to play in mafia games. However, only 4 people may be involved in the PT at any time. A replaced team member may not participate in any way unless he is replaced back in.
4. The mod will force replace any player who has not posted within 3 days (Prodded after 2 days, no response for 1 more) of his last post (not including Night). This will come at a penalty to the team.
5. If a player must be replaced due to mod errors or another outside influence (such as gaining information that they should not be able to have), the mods may assist in finding a replacement without assessing a penalty.[/quote]
Scoring

Team Mafia 2020 is, chiefly, a competition between teams. Therefore, there is a scoring system.

1. Each team will be rewarded 1 point for being on the winning side of a finished game, even if they died before the game ended.
2. The team with the most points wins.

At the end of each game and at the end of the whole event, there will be a survey distributed to the teams. For the games the survey will require each player to vote, on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being the least important 10 being the most important, how important a player was in their side winning the game. For the Team Survey, each player will be required to vote how deserving each team is of winning the event on a scale from 1 to 10.

In the event of a tie, there is a tiebreaker. In order of importance:

1. Being on the winning side of the Large Theme.
2. Having the best average score in the Game Survey.
3. Having the best score in the Team Survey.
4. The TM2020 Mods vote on a winner.
Sir Elton Hercules John
Sir Elton Hercules John
Goon
Sir Elton Hercules John
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:53 pm

Deadline rule has been amended to the following:

5) Deadlines:
Each day will have a deadline of 14 days. Each night will last 48 hours.
G
a
y
M
a
f
i
a
is running and in need of
replacements
Sir Elton Hercules John
Sir Elton Hercules John
Goon
Sir Elton Hercules John
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:29 pm

Game starts now. With 18 alive it's 10 to lynch. Deadline is 1/16 at 10PM EST.

Flavor here
G
a
y
M
a
f
i
a
is running and in need of
replacements
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by chennisden »

First
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

THIS GAME IN FEW DAYS

Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by Ankamius »

fun
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by chennisden »

Hi RC
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 7, Ankamius wrote:fun
Ank are you town
Because I have something to tell you if you're town
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Hello friends

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:34 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 9, GuyInFreezer wrote:
Ank are you town
hi I'm town

what's up bb
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:36 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 11, Ankamius wrote:
In post 9, GuyInFreezer wrote:
Ank are you town
hi I'm town

what's up bb
Gay dance = had word "gay" in it, we were both town, town lost
Baton Pass = my hydra had the word "gay" in it, we were both town, town lost
This game = has word "gay" in a title
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:36 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

So I'm sorry to say, if I am to win this game I kinda need you to be scum.

This is unfortunate but

VOTE: Ankamius
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:39 pm

Post by Ankamius »

you're just jealous that I'm more gay than you
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by Almost50 »

GIF's avi made me think RC was in this game, and it obviously confused chenn too.

So, are we not RVS'ing?? I am torn between voting DEB (my newest auto-SR default target), Maria (my traditional auto-SR default target) or FL (I'm gonna SR him at some point, so better get it off the way)/ GIF? Hus team is supposed to carry ours, so that's an auto-TR read.

VOTE: DEB

P-edit:

VOTE: GIF

Asks if Ank is Town, and when she confirms he still finds a reason to vote her. I mean, it's not the vote, but the theatrical foreplay for it. Why couldn't you just post #13 as your first post?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/it

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:44 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

VOTE: RC
@mod v/la weekends

at arcade with friends. will reply when not there.
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee
"The cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." ~ Carl Sagan

#CultsArentBastard
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:44 pm

Post by Almost50 »

And there was I thinking I will be relaxed for the opening 72 hours!

GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 15, Almost50 wrote:GIF's avi made me think RC was in this game, and it obviously confused chenn too.

So, are we not RVS'ing?? I am torn between voting DEB (my newest auto-SR default target), Maria (my traditional auto-SR default target) or FL (I'm gonna SR him at some point, so better get it off the way)/ GIF? Hus team is supposed to carry ours, so that's an auto-TR read.

VOTE: DEB

P-edit:

VOTE: GIF

Asks if Ank is Town, and when she confirms he still finds a reason to vote her. I mean, it's not the vote, but the theatrical foreplay for it. Why couldn't you just post #13 as your first post?
Because dramatic buildup
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 16, Vex Vience wrote:VOTE: RC
@mod v/la weekends

at arcade with friends. will reply when not there.
@GIF: FGS; get another avatar. EVERYONE thinks you're RC at first glance.

GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 19, Almost50 wrote:@GIF: FGS; get another avatar. EVERYONE thinks you're RC at first glance.
That's good!
More vote dodging for me
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Sir Elton Hercules John
Sir Elton Hercules John
Goon
Sir Elton Hercules John
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:52 pm

M
o
d
n
o
t
e
:
p
l
e
a
s
e
r
e
a
d
t
h
e
s
a
m
p
l
e
P
M
s
t
o
g
e
t
a
f
u
l
l
u
n
d
e
r
s
t
a
n
d
i
n
g
o
f
t
h
i
s
g
a
m
e
'
s
u
n
i
q
u
e
m
e
c
h
a
n
i
c
s
E
v
e
r
y
p
l
a
y
e
r
i
n
t
h
e
g
a
m
e
i
s
p
a
r
t
o
f
a
g
r
o
u
p
a
s
s
h
o
w
n
i
n
t
h
e
s
a
m
p
l
e
P
M
s
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:54 pm

Post by davesaz »

VOTE: gif
Sowing confusion
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:54 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 17, Almost50 wrote:And there was I thinking I will be relaxed for the opening 72 hours!
you FOOL

VOTE: Almost50
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:55 pm

Post by Ankamius »

nice memes

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”