Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #4675 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 4674, CheekyTeeky wrote:I legitimately want to know who you guys vote in lylo if Dong is town and I get NK'd
Thats getting dangerously close to fishing of sorts cheeky.

All you can really get from us is the agreement that we wont rush into anything, which youve gotten from gob, dong, myself and others
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4676 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Cobbled together reasons between me and EP for why we think that Dong is scum.
In post 1205, Donempire wrote:Yeah formers scum.

I have never believed his posts were anything outstanding, but thats not the smoking gun for me. The last 3 posts he made seem like its coming from frustrated scum that got caught due to luck, and his desperation to switch to a NSG wagon shows that also.
Dong is aggressively shading Formerfish here for his vote on the NSG wagon. This has the double effect of defending against an NSG lynch by painting the people voting her in a bad light. This also helps try to move the town towards a Formerfish lynch (which was a very real possibility at this point in the game).
In post 1206, Donempire wrote:Gobble wagon seems rushed. I think people caved in too early to formers offensive.

I especially didnt like that nsg was MIA and yet former still said she was making it a 1v1, shes not even here

I will also say that i dont like how cheeky attacked dunn out of thin air - it seems like it was meant as a way to lull the nonattentive to thinking dunn was doing something malicious against her when he wasnt. As far as i see its not like she scumreads him either so wtf?
EP has a few quick thoughts about this post. He says that it is a misrepresentation of Formerfish "going into a 1v1" with NSG. EP also says that this is another soft defense of NSG when Dong said "shes not even here" because it is providing a subtext that NSG's lynch will have less appealing information than a Formerfish lynch.

I think this post is interesting because here Dong states that he does not like how Cheeky attacked Dunn. This will be important because this seems to imply a scum read on Cheeky. I think this is also a potential buddy comment with Dunn who was townreading Dunn at the time.
In post 1294, Donempire wrote:Thanks cap.
VOTE: Formerfish
The timing of the vote is suspect to me.
In post 1205, Donempire wrote:Yeah formers scum.

I have never believed his posts were anything outstanding, but thats not the smoking gun for me. The last 3 posts he made seem like its coming from frustrated scum that got caught due to luck, and his desperation to switch to a NSG wagon shows that also.
It comes several hours after this post where Dong acknowledges the read.
In post 1273, Dannflor wrote:Why didn't Dong vote Former there
In post 1274, Dunnstral wrote:^ And Dong is posturing around voting Former, yes
It also comes after these posts where Dann and Dunn discuss that Dong's actions around the Formerfish wagon look like posturing.
In post 1277, Donempire wrote:Im not posturing. You think we're done? I wanted to use the some time left over to make up for my activity.
To which Dong replies that he isn't posturing.
In post 1289, Donempire wrote:
Not a logical reason yes but i didnt check the vc or the deadline, i just wanted to get in whatevee i had in mind and go to bed

Not defending myself but i dont want anyone to get the wrong ideas either.
And a very passive defense of himself. The way this post is worded gives me the impression that Dong did not want to look like he was strongly defending himself against that attack out of a fear for how the optics might look.

EP then says the next string of posts don't make much sense because of Dong's stated reads and their progressions.
In post 1295, Donempire wrote:Nsg/cheeky/maybe hop
We have this group of three, which appears to be a townbloc given the defense of NSG.
In post 1298, Donempire wrote:Thats where my mind is at. I dont think i will be considering anyone else to lynch tomorrow but i do want to make a case on esp come tomorrow.
This is seemingly reinforced by the comment here that he wants to push Espeonage the next day. If it was a scum list, Dong would have listed Espeonage in that list.

But if that is a town list, it doesn't explain Dong's earlier comment that he did not like Cheeky's attack on Dunn, a person who he openly defending and town reading.
In post 1299, Donempire wrote:Im starting to turn on ceph and i tr kitty. I didnt like hops recent posting however.
And it further doesn't make sense when he is softly attacking Hopkirk here.

So really, what is that list? And why is NSG in it when she was barely present as Dong himself stated?

In post 1310, Donempire wrote:
In post 1307, Formerfish wrote:
In post 1294, Donempire wrote:Thanks cap.
VOTE: Formerfish
In post 1295, Donempire wrote:Nsg/cheeky/maybe hop
I could vote here for sure. Votes me but doesn't have me as scum...
Lol? I already said that was my suspect list for tomorrow. Today its just you, and i think your fates been sealed
Ah, so it IS a scum group. But there's no justification for NSG being there. Especially given Dong's earlier statements about NSG and the oblique defense of the NSG wagon by virtue of attacking Formerfish. Here Dong discusses Formerfish's wagon as if it is a done deal. He is actively pushing the narrative that Formerfish is the lynch today, even though he apparently now scumreads NSG.

This progression doesn't track for me or EP.
In post 1395, Donempire wrote:
In post 1385, BBmolla wrote:fuck your attempt to deflect onto me
Hes not detlecting you idiot, dunns been active. Do you know what deflecting means?
Here we see a further defense of Dunn, which I think is important because it could explain why Dunnstral was later killed after his support on Dong was visibly weakening.
In post 1396, Donempire wrote:
In post 1387, BBmolla wrote:I like these wagons what course should I be taking?
Former seems like its a done deal at this pointz i doubt trying to flip everyone on nsg at the last moment will work, and im pretty sure on former (im also convinced on nsg but in a decision of one or the other...)
Again, here Dong is pushing the narrative that Formerfish is a done deal. Not that he is even scum. Just that his wagon is a done deal and it should happen. I think this post is incredibly important in analyzing Dong's thought process of the situation. BUT Dong even gives us more information saying that he could also vote NSG, but one or the other he chooses Former because it is a "decision of one or the other..." when in reality his vote would have made NSG's lynch secure, but his vote on Formerfish just made that wagon a contender.
In post 1403, Donempire wrote:
In post 1398, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1396, Donempire wrote:
In post 1387, BBmolla wrote:I like these wagons what course should I be taking?
Former seems like its a done deal at this pointz i doubt trying to flip everyone on nsg at the last moment will work, and im pretty sure on former (im also convinced on nsg but in a decision of one or the other...)
This is a pretty lazy excuse, your vote on nsg would put her to l-1, while your vote on FF ties the wagons at l-2, so "flipping everyone" isn't something that needs to happen if you wanted to
:oops:

I'll be willing to flip on nsg if formers wagon stops traction, but its not because i scumread nsg over him but rather to just get a lynch in. I'm still in full support of a former hanging.
Dunnstral even calls him out for that very same premise! And Dong backtracks on his certainty of the Formerfish wagon using totally external reasoning rather his own thoughts. This is a parachute phrase. Dong is saying he won't move his vote unless certain external criteria occurs, which he is actively preventing from happening by pushing the narrative that Formerfish's wagon is done.
Now we get into the reason why I have been HMMing the end of Day 1 wagons when we have votes like this...
In post 1417, Donempire wrote:Sure, tomorrow we can have a better discussion.

VOTE: BB
L1 i think
On someone who was not in his list of scum. Someone he did not openly say he wanted to pressure or case. A vote despite Formerfish being a "done deal."
This is blatantly a preservation vote to protect NSG. Notice how the Formerfish wagon LOST TRACTION yet Dong DID NOT VOTE NSG. This is directly contradictory to what he said he would do earlier.
In post 1418, Donempire wrote:I still dont like cheeky but im not the nk, i can expand on that tomorrow.
He still doesn't like Cheeky, yet he is fully willing to join a flash wagon that she started. How does that make sense from a town perspective? It doesn't. It makes sense from the scum perspective of a player wanting to get a lynch.
In post 1446, Donempire wrote:Why is every top wagon just kicking and screaming and then we go on to another wagon
Dong is openly bemoaning that this is now the SECOND wagon that someone has used emotion to get themselves out of.
In post 1457, Donempire wrote:NSGs not here to flood an entire page with insults, guess thats who were lynching today then
Here is again softly defending NSG by calling out reasoning for people unvoting.
In post 1460, Donempire wrote:Thats the worst compromise for me but sure..

VOTE: NSG
He then says that the NSG hammer is the worst compromise for him when he was openly stating he saw her as scum earlier. Dong's reads and actions surrounding these wagons
do not make sense
. Given his earlier comments, it is not the worst compromise. It was the ORIGINAL compromise he agreed to when he said he would vote there if the Formerfish wagon lost traction. Which it did. To which he then voted BBmolla. A wagon that was started by one of his earlier stated scum reads. A scum read that he still maintained as we can see in the quote below.
In post 1472, Donempire wrote:
In post 1468, gobbledygook wrote:That flash BBmolla wagon has to be scumdriven change my mind
I agree. I believe that cheeky especially should be looked into tomorrow.
In post 1490, Donempire wrote:Whatever nsg flips doesnt mean anything. Scum can say "durr if hes town/scum then so and so is scum!!" since they know the flip beforehand. What all of you need to do now is shut up about it, we'll know her role in a few hours.

The icing on the cake is that Dong is openly trying to get people to stop talking about things simply because he hammered and the flip was coming. What? Why would a townie want that to happen? Why wouldn't he want to continue to talk especially when he made a comment that he was CONCERNED about his activity and interactions in the thread here:
In post 1277, Donempire wrote:Im not posturing. You think we're done? I wanted to use the some time left over to make up for my activity.
In post 1289, Donempire wrote:
Not a logical reason yes but i didnt check the vc or the deadline, i just wanted to get in whatevee i had in mind and go to bed

Not defending myself but i dont want anyone to get the wrong ideas either.
Again, the trains of thought coming from Dong do not make sense.

This is why EP and I are convinced that Dong is scum.

When Dong opened with a case against Auro and then just slipped into the background today... it is all scummy to us.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4677 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:10 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

I also think part of the reason why I may appear more dogged in this game is that I am potentially being less interactive with you guys because I have EP and sometimes Menalque to bounce ideas off rather than having to do that in thread with you guys. It is possible that I am in an echo chamber though. :giggle:
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4678 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:11 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Formerfish you were in Mordhaus?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4679 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 4675, Formerfish wrote:
In post 4674, CheekyTeeky wrote:I legitimately want to know who you guys vote in lylo if Dong is town and I get NK'd

All you can really get from us is the agreement that we wont rush into anything, which youve gotten from gob, dong, myself and others
What are you implying? That I'm scum fishing? Why is it bad to figure out where I feel safest trusting my vote today.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4680 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 4679, CheekyTeeky wrote:

What are you implying? That I'm scum fishing? Why is it bad to figure out where I feel safest trusting my vote today.
I probably vote one of Auro or Dann given that they have worked this entire day to mislynch me.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4681 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Cheeky, when I flip town, who will you go after next?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4682 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 4681, gobbledygook wrote:Cheeky, when I flip town, who will you go after next?
lol
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4683 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:19 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Ok gobbles you've got my vote. Well done, nice case.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4684 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 4681, gobbledygook wrote:Cheeky, when I flip town, who will you go after next?
You're not who I'm pushing as the lynch. But in that scenario I would then lynch in Auro/Dann
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4685 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 4682, Dannflor wrote:
lol
Dann, I seriously hope you're scum with Dong
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4686 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 4684, CheekyTeeky wrote:
You're not who I'm pushing as the lynch. But in that scenario I would then lynch in Auro/Dann
I didn't mean for that post to come across like you're pushing me as scum and then when I flip town who will you push. More of, when I flip as town, how will that affect your reads for the next day.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4687 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

If Dong flips town and I live I'd probably vote you gobbles.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4688 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:27 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Wait.

Fish.

You've seen me be this dogged as town before. I literally faked a guilty on GreyIce in the game you played as Mordhaus. No one else was scumreading him so I faked a guilty to get him killed. And then Jingle yelled at me
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4689 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 4687, CheekyTeeky wrote:If Dong flips town and I live I'd probably vote you gobbles.
That's fair, I think this game ends with Dong though
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4690 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

This game feels like Sisyphean effort to get Dong lynched
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #4691 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 4679, CheekyTeeky wrote:

I'm just saying that if we give scum a road map with all the potential traps laid out in bold print on the map we can't very well expect scum to fall into any of those traps when they know where they are, what sets them off and how to diffuse them.

The only thing we have to our advantage now is the ability to hold our cards close to our chest. We need scum to worry about who they need to kill tonight to endgame successfully.

Then again this could l be a moot point and we just end things today.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #4692 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 4678, gobbledygook wrote:Formerfish you were in Mordhaus?
Yes. Jingle and fish are a formidable adversary.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4693 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:31 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

I'm not so egotistical to think I am perfect, so we can wait until Dong gets back to address my case, but we also have only 4 days and are about to enter a weekend
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4694 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 4691, Formerfish wrote:I'm just saying that if we give scum a road map with all the potential traps laid out in bold print on the map we can't very well expect scum to fall into any of those traps when they know where they are, what sets them off and how to diffuse them.The only thing we have to our advantage now is the ability to hold our cards close to our chest. We need scum to worry about who they need to kill tonight to endgame successfully. Then again this could l be a moot point and we just end things today.
I don't think this is as dangerous as you think it is because everyone has been pretty open with their reads. I also don't think in LyLo scum kill people who are townreading them. They need every vote they can get.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4695 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by Auro »

It's terribly easy to make a scum case on Dong
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4696 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Oh I just remembered when Dong asked people to stop talking because the hammer occurred, that reminded me of Non Imh in a newbie game where she hammered me and I called her out for being scum for it and she said something eerily similar that I should just be quiet because I was lynched.

She was scum.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4697 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 4695, Auro wrote:It's terribly easy to make a scum case on Dong
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4698 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by Auro »

Dong is clearly not with FF {D1 wagons}
Dong is clearly not with Molla {D1 wagons}
Dong is clearly not with Me {if he was, I'd have his vote}
Dong is clearly not with Dann {today's play}
Dong is clearly not with Gobbles {wtf is Gobbles doing now then}
Dong is clearly not with Cheeky {duh}

He doesn't have a partner. A partner would either be defending him or pushing someone else for the lynch. Dong is always scummy.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4699 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:44 pm

Post by Auro »

FF has zero reaction to Cheeky saying she'll vote Dong
He has every reason to fear a Dong lynch going through (Cheeky+Molla+Gob+Dann)

He hasn't given much of a shit about Dong at all. Why are you guys still seriously pushing a FF+Dong team?

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”