Ariel
none please
edited 449 times in total
Pronoun: none please

Post Post #5100 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:32 am

Post by Ariel »

In post 870, KittyMo wrote:
In post 528, Formerfish wrote:I took Gobs 344 way differently than you did. I'll wait for Gob to chime in before I give my 2 cents though.
Is now a good time for this? In his current absence I'm pondering that the early rudeness with you two may have been theater. :b
I wondered if this was why I died. Seemingly not! Followed this pretty closely after I died, agree with T-Bone about it being entertaining. Also a bunch of you ended up being my Valentines which I thought was sweet.

Anyway, I tried to pick out the discord logs relevant to this game (we're not fancy so we just had one channel for everything). Gamma was the real MVP. You can see my descent into anxiety as the day nears the end, which is one reason why I should probably not play mafia. I will say that I do not think you are a bad player Auro; referring to you as possibly "bad town" a couple of times in the log still boils down to me disagreeing with your approach to self-defense.

Spoiler:
[8:12 PM] Ariel: I have 2006 and 2009 join dates in my game so I hope I will be ok
[8:27 PM] Ariel: I mean, I'm in white flag with a Paragon winner, I get the feeling it'd be easier to be town but I'll play hard either way
[8:28 PM] Ariel: Winning as mafia at least makes it much more likely we win the event
[9:34 PM] Ariel: I noticed we share games with all of the Lit Torches
[9:40 PM] Ariel: And also Bird That Carries You Over A Disproportionately Small Gap, and possibly cancel food (I don't see enter listed as a player)

[1:28 PM] Ariel: Got an email saying I got a PM and got all nervous
[1:28 PM] Ariel: Turned out it was a totally unrelated 1 I already read an hour ago lol
[3:17 PM] Ariel: Large Theme Day 1 is 3 weeks then 2 weeks after that. Nights "will not last longer than 3 RL days."
[3:18 PM] Ariel: Other two games are two weeks / 48 hour night standard for whole game
[3:18 PM] hito: nice
[3:19 PM] Ariel: And my game thread is the only one not made yet
[6:08 PM] Ariel: About to open mine
[6:09 PM] hito:
drumroll

[6:09 PM] Sigaba:
anticipation

[6:09 PM] Ariel: You win when the Mafia has been reduced to one member.
[6:09 PM] Gamma: forever townzzzzzzzz
[6:09 PM] hito: :omgLucky: :omgLucky: :omgLucky:
[6:10 PM] hito: yeah technically we have better odds with a scum PM because fewer people share state, but it would feel way more baller to win by vote because we got the bad people in every game
[6:10 PM] hito: 4-0! no causalities! a hero doesn't accept anything less!
[6:10 PM] Sigaba: we are all good guys and we are excellent
[6:13 PM] Ariel: Oh, eddie cane is apparently cancel food's 4th player, which means we only share all our games with two teams
[6:15 PM] Ariel: Tbh I get lynched a lot as scum and not as town so this is better <_<
[6:17 PM] Sigaba: I'm just hoping to obvTown it up, generate a few good reads, and draw the NK if I can. It's the VT life
[6:17 PM] hito: I think the ultimate win would be all four of us dying N1, town winning all four games, and Old Hat winning Team Mafia because our posthumous reads were so good
[6:18 PM] Gamma: sameish, I get lynched in like 50% of my scum games but like as town just 1-2 MS games ever.
[6:19 PM] Gamma: I'm not sure if we should be concerned that we as a team will look terrifying if we're all playing our hearts out at once or just embrace our inevitable glorious deaths
[6:19 PM] Sigaba: no, let them fear us
[6:19 PM] hito: ^^^^
[6:20 PM] Ariel: I'm not really sure I'm feared by reputation, I'll have to earn fear!!
[6:22 PM] hito: we may all speak fear through one anothers mouths
[6:22 PM] Gamma: we have the power of the ancients coursing through all of us
[6:22 PM] Sigaba: I don't know if I'm feared or not in general, but I think we can find some strength in 1. actually all being Town and 2. generally being hard to mislynch
[6:27 PM] Ariel: I gotta show the other wiki contributor who's boss cuz we're in the same game :b
[8:50 PM] Ariel: My game is so boring ):
[9:56 PM] Ariel: my favorite poster in my game is dannflor
[9:56 PM] Ariel: :person_shrugging:
[10:06 PM] hito: gamma/kitty I think I want to focus my teammate-reading energy on plums for now, at least until we're through this patch, so not gonna start on your games. but let me know if you want me to read a particular iso with fresh eyes :slight_smile:
[10:07 PM] hito: I think I'm gonna not do my stupid gambit, but I'm going to post about how I was thinking about doing it and see if that gets an interesting reaction
[10:09 PM] Ariel: nothing worth reading into seems to be going on in our games anyways
[11:50 PM] Ariel: Just going to let my game percolate since Formerfish's post is a bit gross (not a read, just literally gross)

[10:01 AM] Gamma: and Gobbledegook seems like a perfectly reasonable first wagon for White Flag
[10:06 AM] Ariel: I'm a bit torn because I feel like people always shit on RQS for no reason but his recent posts are bad
[11:05 AM] Ariel: ehhh i get him better after finding out he's been lynched d1 tons lately

[9:03 PM] Ariel: by the way, I dont know if you guys have played with literally anybody in my game, but I mostly haven't. I have one game with Ceph in 2016, I modded espeonage 10 years ago, I think i mightve played a marathon game with nsg once
[9:03 PM] Ariel: so if there's anyone you do know about feel free to help me out
[9:03 PM] hito: I have good experience with ceph specifically
[9:04 PM] Ariel: I have someone voting me for being passive and I'm like :person_shrugging:
[9:04 PM] Sigaba: I don't really know anyone well anymore. I feel like I must have played with and/or modded Espeonage at one point but that's all
[9:12 PM] Gamma: I've played with Ceph+Espeonage+NSG before
[9:13 PM] Gamma: and this thing that turkey said about NSG is very true in my limited experience: While we are on the topic of meta, if NSG lurks she is scum. Period.
[9:23 PM] Gamma: oh and formerfish too actually, though it's been a couple years now with him I think - formerfish definitely seems more aggressive than when I've seen him as scum, and if that keeps up into day 2-3 (to make sure it's not just him-scum playing anti-meta early on) I'd say it's a towntell for him - he's a lot lurkier and more questioning as scum imo
[9:39 PM] Gamma: read through all of White Flag, reads are - town: Dongempire & formerfish scummy(for being 2 days in anyway): gobble and Dunn SECRET SCUM do not share: NSG for lurking Null:everybody else
[9:40 PM] Gamma: If you share them please ask everyone to take them with slightly more salt than they put on their eggs b/c it's earlygame and also be aware that I'm probably not going to bother explaining my reads unless someone I care about gets wagoned b/c I have my own ridiculous game to deal with
[10:18 PM] Ariel: thanks gamma. yes my game is the tame one
[10:46 PM] Ariel: im glad gamma agrees with me ish, i was positive toward Dongem and negative toward Dunn although the main reason I didnt like Dunn turned out to be a misunderstanding

[6:09 AM] Gamma: @Ariel I had formerfish as a town lean, not a scum one
[12:20 PM] Ariel: Sorry gamma
[12:20 PM] Ariel: The format confused me a bit
[6:59 PM] hito: okay I finally feel in the zone a lil, gamma/ariel let me know if you want an iso now I think I'm finally up for it
[7:49 PM] Ariel: My game is only 11 pages long lol.
The people with the most content are Cephrir, Dannflor, Hopkirk, Auro, gobbledygook, Dunnstral, Dongempire.

Gobble got some attention early because he started RQS and people like to make a big deal about RQS for no reason (Idk, literally every RQS I've seen was done by town and without fail people scumread it). But he had a semi cringy reaction to the pressure, which made more sense after he said he'd been pressured a lot d1 in his past several games. So ironically I think pressure is unhelpful to reading him bc of the baggage there and am kind of waiting for him to do things besides omgus.
[7:50 PM] hito: oh yeah! lemme iso ceph at least I've had like three town heart to hearts back to back with him
[7:50 PM] Ariel: Cephrir is very town to me, I made a case on it and Im eyerolling at people pushing him rn
[7:51 PM] hito: hmm actually I think I'm just neutral on him at least in ISO, bit it could jsut be because he's more confdient with teammates
[7:51 PM] hito: cephrir is normally pretty indecisive, but in a very transparent way
[7:52 PM] Ariel: I like Ceph. It seems like he's exploring things without being concerned about how he's being perceived. "why are you made of wood" in # 60 transitions pretty well to the PBPA in #81, I can see it as genuinely putting words to a feeling. The suspicion of gobble for big words is a great meme because...they're not very big words, but again, I think his handling of it fits with it being a genuine impression he had. I feel decent about the balancing his Formerfish thoughts with his teammate's too. is my thought anyway
[7:53 PM] hito: 208/227 from him is actually not what I'd expect out of ceph. but not in the sense that I think he's actively scum; just that I got a very strong town bead on him in previous town games and now I'm not getting that town bead
[7:53 PM] Ariel: mmk, I'll keep that in mind
[7:53 PM] hito: the nice thing about potential ceph-scum though is that he's a good consensus player so even if he's scum he can't really escape being pro-town
[7:54 PM] hito: so even if I was like scum lean on him, if you have something better it's fine to just leave him along. if he gets a crisis of faith D2 with actual flips to look at it'll be a lot easier to sort him
[7:55 PM] Ariel: Hopkirk basically only gives reads like he's analyzing literature and it's a playstyle I'm trying to move away from as town so it's interesting to watch
[7:56 PM] Ariel: I have him slight town bc he keeps like suggesting people are avoiding IMPORTANT SUBJECTS by not talking about what he's doing and just the style of self importance makes slightly more sense to me from town
[7:56 PM] Ariel: it's amusing though
[7:59 PM] Ariel: Auro is like....probably getting lynched this game and I don't townread him
[7:59 PM] hito: I think hopkirks early push on you smells a little town because that much self-interest is a town tell, agreed. I think ever since his catchup it's all been pretty null and unremarkable
[8:01 PM] Ariel: Dunnstral is Reasonable trademark but focus is a bit narrow
[8:01 PM] hito: actually townlean auro a lil, 194/203 both feel like good votes in ISO
[8:02 PM] hito: but I don't know how they were in context
[8:02 PM] Ariel: I found how he moved off it so fast slightly weird but
[8:03 PM] Ariel: maybe not scummy weird
[8:04 PM] Ariel: I suppose I like that he opened by downplaying how much effort he could put in and is comparatively active?
[8:04 PM] hito: I guess I'm assuming from context here that the ceph wagon was more viable than the dong wagon circa 203. in this case, saying "I think I'm still justified in my suspicion of you, but it makes enough sense that I'm willing to do this more productive vote" seems like a townie thing
[8:04 PM] hito: if he was the first on the ceph wagon there it makes less sense, lemme see the VC
[8:04 PM] Ariel: He's first on both
[8:04 PM] hito: oh huh
[8:05 PM] Ariel: VCs are a bit random this game
[8:05 PM] Ariel: And dont seem to reflect what's going on lol
[8:05 PM] hito: hmm, in that case maybe the prescription is to think of a question that will get him to give his percieved viability, ideally indirectly
[8:06 PM] Ariel: I just asked him a couple of questions that are basically asking him to dig deeper
[8:06 PM] hito: oh sick way ahead of me
[8:06 PM] Ariel: With some thoughts he's already given
[8:06 PM] hito: okay yeah, I guess index on those then. to me it actually seems townie but only if he thinks ceph is getting pushed more
[8:09 PM] Ariel: Princess paragon is very boring so far
Left her random vote on someone she's townreading
[8:09 PM] Ariel: apparently she likes me
[8:10 PM] Ariel: I dont really agree with much of anything Dongem is doing but I still like him a bit
[8:10 PM] Ariel: someone did the "rvs or serious vote" question and he turned it back on them jn an interesting way
[8:11 PM] Ariel: and I dont particularly have a reason to think he's not being genuine with his pushes
[8:12 PM] Ariel: Dannflor is generically likeable and handing out townreads like candy but asks some good things
[8:12 PM] Ariel: And then no one else really reliably exists enough for me to feel comfortable with a read on then
[8:20 PM] hito: hmm okay I don't really like "You didn't ask me if I did form thoughts on dunn from that conversation :stuck_out_tongue:" form auro 271
[8:20 PM] hito: I will defer any judgement on auro listen to ur heart
[8:23 PM] hito: hmm I'm gonna mull on a question to ask ceph in response to him being bored, he's probably one of the TM players off this team I have the best relationship with
[8:23 PM] hito: should be able to at least stir shit up a bit
[8:25 PM] Ariel: I think he could be in the caught for the wrong reasons zone in a couple of places (Dongempire, me currently)
[8:40 PM] Ariel: I love how when I refresh the subforum there's always new posts in every game but mine

[7:49 AM] Gamma: @Ariel I think that unless you see something in NSG's posts that makes you think she's town in her return-from-prod posts you should push her pretty hard - her BIGGEST SCUMTELL in my experience is being a lazy fucko as scum and she's certainly doing that, TAZ mafia I was scum with her and yeah it's still early game but I hounded her and Porkens (my other scumbuddy) to post through day 1 & 2 and they never really came into the game for more than little chunks at a time: (viewtopic.php?f=54&t=77242) scum QT from that: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=77248
[7:50 AM] Gamma: also here's the dead QT from that too in case anyone wants to see me continuing to shade NSG from there for lurking her ass off in the days after that: viewtopic.php?t=77136&f=94
[8:00 AM] Gamma: Like especially given that yours is the SLOWEST team mafia game by far and NSG still isn't showing up to play it, I think give her the 24 hours or whatever to post given she just got prodded and if it isn't actively scumhunting and doing things then go full NSG-murder-train
[8:08 PM] Ariel: I think NSG actively avoiding creating interactions with other slots is scummy, in that as paragon she's going to run into Why Aren't You Dead problems if she's scum and may struggle with walking the line of living to endgame
[8:09 PM] Ariel: Other than that hahah im an anxious mess with like 2 and a half reads
[12:45 AM] Ariel: Auro's the biggest wagon and has enough content that I should probably have a stronger read there
[12:48 AM] Ariel: Dongempire/Auro/Gobble feel like where wagon momentum is but frankly I'll take takes on anything

[9:03 PM] Ariel:
i apologize if this is frustrating, but my team unanimously agrees that it's best for me to spend my time elsewhere. if i don't get nightkilled this game will be my first priority tomorrow.
-nsg
[9:04 PM] Ariel: she's literally just prod dodging for days upon days while giving reads in all your 3 games probably
[9:04 PM] Ariel: .........
[9:04 PM] Ariel: i don't know what to do with that, it just feels against the spirit of the event to me
[9:10 PM] Ariel: it is, uh, frustrating. to say the least.
[9:10 PM] hito: thats actually relevant intel because we're having a whole discussion in my game of reads that are purportedly "from nsg" but seem kinda like bitmap wearing a fake mustache

[6:40 PM] Ariel: bbmolla is joining my game
not that I really know him but ay another oldy

[9:10 PM] hito: it's kinda trumpian in that it's like "NSG ALSO SAYS I AM TOTALLY JUSTIFIED IN HOW AGGREIVED I FEEL"
[9:10 PM] hito: but we're probably just killing the lurker in my game and he's probably scum so w/e
[9:11 PM] hito: hopefully I get my night phase soon and I can give ya'll some air support
[9:11 PM] hito: but I've prety much locktowned my slot at least so spent effort where it was needed
[9:14 PM] Ariel: my game isn't even hard to read
[9:14 PM] Ariel: it has, what, 1/4 the thread length ?
[9:14 PM] Ariel: idk
[9:15 PM] Ariel: i'm glad you feel good about the game state in yours
[9:15 PM] Ariel: our 6 word wonder who is apparently another jeanne11/yume alt is supposed to be getting replaced
[9:16 PM] Ariel: wgeurts has also been prod dodging for 6 days straight
[9:16 PM] hito: let me shower, then posting in my game but I won't go too hard because course is pretty much set, then I'll try to have at least a few discrete takes you can send to thread as "from hito"

[11:20 PM] Ariel: Btw gamma, I get the feeling Dongem may get lynched today in my game. I sorta dont like how he's voted a couple of people and then said things like "this isn't a push" or "I wasn't scumreading them I just thought their playstyle sucked" soo I don't really care if he dies at this point but just thought I'd let you know based on our previous convo
[11:22 PM] Ariel: If you do still think he's being town for him I'll try to make a counter (possibly NSG bc no one is really biting for Dunn, or I try to push Auro through)
[11:22 PM] Ariel: But if you don't have time to look again it's fine; I'll figure it out
[11:37 PM] hito: I'm gonna shout you out in the thread because talking to you helped me articulate it a bit better
[11:59 PM] Ariel: LOL gives me motivation to post soon if im being called as existing :joy: i do have things in progress
[11:59 PM] hito: haha, do you want me to not?
[11:59 PM] hito: haven't fired it yet
[12:03 AM] Ariel: nah idc
[12:03 AM] Ariel: go for it
[12:17 AM] hito: god DAMNIT this is taking so long to type but I really want to get to your game too ;_l
11:06 PM] hito: LMAO okay actually I am getting even spicer in my game and not keeping set course at all. but it also means I'll be up late so refresh my thread in one tab and read yours in another
[11:21 PM] Ariel: ............i clicked into yours and wow
[11:21 PM] hito: I'M ALL IN BABY COHESION TELL OWNS
[11:21 PM] hito: I'm gonna go drudge up my last games and show it off it's not my best baby but it's my shiny and newest
[11:22 PM] Ariel: their team is having her write multiple f-ing paragraphs to be paraphrased
[11:22 PM] hito: oh you mean that! yeah I think bitmap is probbo just scum
[11:22 PM] Ariel: oh my god
[11:22 PM] Ariel: i'm so mad
[11:22 PM] hito: so maybe don't be mad could just be bitmap writing them tbh
[11:23 PM] Ariel: i can't imagine she's not helping
[11:26 PM] Ariel: what is cohesion tell?
[11:27 PM] hito: when your reads put very little stock into the strongest townreads of your strongest townreads, essentially
[11:27 PM] hito: people tend to organically form blocs based on shared understandings of gamestate so when there's a mutually reinforcing block and people just kinda pluck half of it out as town and half as scum, its kinda noticable
[11:28 PM] Ariel: it's noticeable if you don't try to bridge the gaps
[11:28 PM] hito: yeah yeah exactly
[11:28 PM] hito: if you have a reason you have a reason
[11:29 PM] hito: but when you just kinda sprinkle them apart it kinda implies you don't actually have a single view of the gamestate and you're just kinda making up each read in isolation
[11:33 PM] Ariel: bc if you feel that differently from everyone you should be noticing that and probably seeing it as a problem
[11:33 PM] hito: yup you got it. ofrhzs post is waaaay too contented with how much she disagrees on all the scum reads except the one she's actually voting on
[11:34 PM] hito: contrast with alisae who had a breakdown when I gently prodded eir about our skew
[12:52 AM] hito: okay too tired for a formal strategy but I'm just reading the thread backwards to see what catches my subconscious
[12:53 AM] hito: dannflor 477 seems weird: viewtopic.php?p=11499125#p11499125

because why have 'lean town' as a category but then also 'stale town read', I guess? thats a very tiny thing just that's not the kind of reads list I'm usedto seeing
[12:54 AM] hito: also don't like dann 488 viewtopic.php?p=11499190#p11499190, making the point of self-quoting but still not coughing names
[12:55 AM] hito: auro 491 does indeed have buddy vibes with joan and I like FF pointing it out
[12:56 AM] hito: this also means that auro scum is a big boost to dunn town b/c the sketch thing is auro handing off responsbility of joan read to dunn
[12:57 AM] hito: I like ceph 510 but I also just like ceph generally so predisposed to agreeing with him, but that's my same thing about not liking dann
[12:58 AM] hito: NSG thing is gross but not sure I can peg what alignment is more likely too. could easily be "hey Bitmap is scum in the anime game so NSG help out; you'll be able to make your white flag slot look super townie tomorrow"
[1:00 AM] Ariel: oh jesus it's 1am>
[1:00 AM] hito: yeah RIGHT I was hoping my game would blow over but then there was a new thing I wanted to go off on
[1:01 AM] hito: anyway idk dann and auro both seem like fine votes but my game keeps sucking up more and more time (for good reasons! I think my list of 4 is really solid atm). whenever mine is night I can try to give you more to share with thread
[1:05 AM] Ariel: I'll probably not update the thread on your thoughts til tomorrow cuz I'm not really focused on those players with my current content, but I do appreciate it
[1:05 AM] Ariel: Dannflor is weird this game lmao
[1:06 AM] Ariel: he just loves everyone

[10:07 AM] Gamma: @Ariel - I might have time to read a little more tonight - i've skimmed the last two pages or so
[10:08 AM] Gamma: I still STRONGLY want to push for a wagon on NSG, and gobbledy isn't great except for his noticing that NSG lurks as scum (and he's pushing it a little but I wouldn't be that surprised if it was distancing, but an actual wagon on NSG would make that more clear)
[10:09 AM] hito: oh ya I did a bit on ariel game too. I guess I'm a little less gung-ho even if I think NSG did lie there, just because I think Bitmap is probably scum in my game and she'd lie regardless of alignment here as to reason if her goal was to help Bitmap scum throuhg d1
[10:09 AM] hito: but I do really like Dann 578 poitning out how much of a lie it looks like
[10:10 AM] hito: also I feel like nsg rc and bitmap are getting up to a real folie a trois in that discord of theirs, stone cold insane posting in all three games
[10:10 AM] Gamma: BBMolla's comments on Dong are dumb those two early posts are fine. I guess Dong isn't amazing reading through her iso? But man oh man do I want NSG's blood in your game
[10:11 AM] hito: BBM 576 has some real buddy vibes with auro doesn't it
[10:13 AM] Gamma: eh...I never really read much into posts that short. Or think that hard about people being in a team together until the game is far enough in that you can tell what/when/why people are pushing for things and see what stands out as weird together.
[10:14 AM] hito: I guess I more mean that the post seems really contrvied in isolation and bbm being auros buddy is the most likely explanation. it still seems really fake even if auro is town
[10:14 AM] hito: like who the fuck catches up...3 pages?
[10:14 AM] hito: but then still says "by the way the leading wagon whats THAT about"
[10:14 AM] Gamma: That's standard BB from my experience
[10:15 AM] hito: but if he reads the thread he will know exactly what is up with the auro wagon
[10:15 AM] Gamma: like he'll get into the game more later but he wants to get engaged with what's going on by asking other people about it
[10:15 AM] Gamma: reading is hard and bb is lazy
[10:16 AM] hito: I guess we can see what he does with the responses, I've only done like one game with BBM so don't know his meta. just seems awfully concern trolly which scum love
[10:19 AM] Gamma: @Ariel if you can reach out to Dann for thoughts and to push a wagon together, he seems slightly town but more importantly very sane and I think he has good reads/pushes so far and talking out where to push with him might help the game a lot

[10:47 AM] Gamma: Also @Ariel yes meta is garbage but NSG will actually enjoy and play games day 1 as town and even look reasonably townish fairly early and that is very clearly not what is happening in your game
[10:47 AM] Ariel: yeah i know but it's complicated bc they're trying to pull shit in hito's game
[10:47 AM] hito: I am like, tentatively cosigned but I do think we need to be careful about that chance that NSG-town is just punting her slot to help Bitmap-scum -- yeah
[10:48 AM] hito: I'm about to post a big fuckoff case but RC/bitmap/NSG are all in my game posting contradictory lies
[10:48 AM] hito: or Bitmap is writing the RC/NSG posts obv I can't know, but Ariel things that NSG would want to fake it if her name was on it
[...]
[10:53 AM] Ariel: well i might wagon nsg with Ceph regardless bc if we can get her to L-1 presumably she'll actually play

[8:17 PM] Ariel: i don't feel like posting bc im sick but i probably will try late tonight
[8:19 PM] Ariel: Espeonage said he has only skimmed my posts and that he has a gut scumread and I'm like bitch how about you actually read my posts maybe that'll sort it out
[8:21 PM] hito: I like cheeky 685 a lot
[8:22 PM] Ariel: I dont like Hopkirk end of the cheeky interaction
[8:23 PM] Ariel: Also Espeonage is The Playstyle Police incarnate and yet gives 0 shits how nsg is playing which seems really weird
[8:23 PM] hito: I know I've played games with him but don't remember dick about his playstyle
[8:24 PM] hito: I do think that 682 is kind of weird bluster
[8:24 PM] Ariel: His only reaction to her is Lurker Lynches Are Useless
[8:24 PM] hito: which is why I liked cheeky calling him out
[8:24 PM] hito: also wait a fucking minute isn't your game white flag
[8:24 PM] Ariel: I thought it was funny he said he told his teammates not to bother reading the game
[8:24 PM] Ariel: He wanted to be in the Large theme but someone on his blacklist made it in instead of him :joy:
[8:26 PM] hito: I feel like a day 1 red flip is super duper strong in white flag even without info
[8:26 PM] Gamma: ayep
[8:26 PM] Ariel: yeah and like
[8:27 PM] Ariel: This is a case of someone PURPOSEFULLY AND BLATANTLY making themselves low info lynch which is different than a slot that is actually too busy or is a revolving door
[8:27 PM] Ariel: It's literally strategic to try to make them live longer

[8:29 PM] hito: whats LAMIST people are using it but it's an after-my-time acronym
[8:34 PM] Ariel: Look At Me I'm So Townie
[8:34 PM] hito: gracias
[8:35 PM] Ariel: It's a bit overused tbh but ive seen it so many times across team mafia that I guess I used it
[8:36 PM] Ariel: My reads still kind of suck besides Ceph town
I don't know why I feel so nihilistic but it's also why I'm not very helpful with anyone else's games
[8:52 PM] Ariel: Man Idk if Auro is just bad town, in that he just keeps repeating the same self defense over and over and stopped scumhunting
[8:52 PM] hito: let me shower and then dive back in to yours
[9:12 PM] Ariel: viewtopic.php?p=11508182#p11508182 this argument sucks
[9:14 PM] Ariel: yes that is obviously the level 1 interpretation of what's happening
[9:24 PM] hito: it does suck. you think it sucks as NSG buddy or as a white knight
[9:26 PM] hito: ff _> NSG does seem kinda weird tbh
[9:26 PM] hito: specifically viewtopic.php?p=11496102#p11496102
[9:26 PM] hito: in the same post, he has
[9:26 PM] hito: "So NSG is worth keeping around to see how accurate her reads are, but I can die today? Thanks bro."
[9:26 PM] hito: and "Ive never played with NSG so I dont know her meta to comment on. Why is she the only scum read you explain? Wgeurt, Dong and I are all below the line of demarcation, but NSG is the only one of us high enough to get explained."
[9:27 PM] hito: if you don't know NSG meta and all you see is the paragon why are you so offended about the different stack rankings I guessed? for all you know she's won like the last 50 games or something
[9:27 PM] hito: *I guess
[9:28 PM] hito: I mean it's also a reasonably likely false positive because FF could just be touchy. But you could always bring it in as somethign to stir shit up if you're trying to get engaged
[9:30 PM] hito: ff has had the same auro vote since 366 so fire is probably useful if ntohing else
[9:34 PM] hito: if you want the distance from it too lmk and I can write it up in a paraphrasable way you can attribute just to me
[10:11 PM] hito: also I like dann much more now
[10:11 PM] hito: 849/853 are good posts
[10:21 PM] Ariel: I mostly like Dann it's just he can be scum if the game is hard
[10:22 PM] Ariel: She doesn't actually post enough for the banner to be noticeable lol
[10:25 PM] Ariel: oh I think you're misreading the stack thing. Gobble posted a readwall in tandem with "most suspicious things" but scumread FF/wgeurts 2nd and 3rd most while not mentioning anything about their posts really
[10:25 PM] Ariel: FF just worded it dumbly
[10:27 PM] Ariel: Ohhh wait I see what he said to Auro now
[10:27 PM] hito: ya like it seems weird he doesn't like being called worse than NSG if he doesn't know her meta
[10:28 PM] Ariel: Idk it's FF he's just intense like that
[10:28 PM] hito: ya then it might be a distraction
[10:28 PM] Ariel: But he is a bit heavy handed on defending her for someone he doesnt know
[10:29 PM] Ariel: He picked at gobble's read on her quite a bit (even though he likes gobble overall)
[10:30 PM] Ariel: viewtopic.php?p=11508230#p11508230
[10:30 PM] Ariel: There's only 2 people in the game giving meta defenses of Auro
[10:32 PM] Ariel: So it's possible he SLIPPED THAT THEY'RE TOWN because there's no flips yet
[10:32 PM] Ariel: but also can be just rhetoric
[10:33 PM] Ariel: idk
[10:33 PM] Ariel: these circular arguments are really tiring and he's just getting sucked up in them and doing little else
[11:09 PM] Ariel: hahaha someone else put me as top town, maybe I'll die
[11:09 PM] hito: what a blessed release
[11:09 PM] hito: that would be
[11:10 PM] hito: no actually idk your feelings on death your game is Boring b ut at least not a total mess?
[11:11 PM] Ariel: oh i like dying n1 it's a compliment
[11:11 PM] hito: yeah same dying n1 is my favorite most of the time
[11:11 PM] hito: here I don't wanna because I want to make sure everyone knows whats up. but usually being VT who dies N1 is my greatest love, especially in a setup that also has PRs
[11:14 PM] hito: anyway its late gnight, see you tomorrow thanks for all the help, my gut check is that FF looks kinda sus and this auro thing seems like false positive after reading 812
[11:14 PM] hito: (not that it makes auro stronger town just that this particular argument doesn't seem that important)
[11:18 PM] Ariel: yeah
[11:19 PM] Ariel: Uh I think FF might be scummier than Espeonage even though Espeonage has lower effort posts
[11:21 PM] Ariel: Cheeky seems to be meta scumreading FF and I don't normally care too much about other people's meta but Cheeky seems to be doing good things :person_shrugging:
[11:21 PM] Ariel: Oh wait Gamma used to like FF
[11:19 AM] Gamma: Yeah, and I just read a chunk of his iso and I still like him so far. I think he is a better player than way back when I played with him in a couple games, so take it with a grain of salt, but he's coming off as genuine in a lot of his posts imo. His posts to Espeonage and Ceph especially feel good enough for me to say I don't think he would be scum with either of them. I could maybe see him as scum with NSG while pushing an Auro mislynch but then the right play still feels like lynching NSG and making FF bus
[11:19 AM] Gamma: You can kinda assume my stance towards your game is FEED ME NSG'S BLOOD until I tell you otherwise btw
[11:20 AM] Ariel: I don't think we can kill NSG in this pansy playerlist
[11:20 AM] Ariel: But that is where my vote is
[11:22 AM] Ariel: I think Auro/me/Ceph/gobble/Dongem would but I don't think we have 2 more to pull the trigger
[11:22 AM] Gamma: Maybe? Just remember that it's white flag so scum will probably be trying to go hard on EITHER keeping a scumbuddy alive or bussing them hard, so just be wary of that when you're considering people's reads and how easy it is to lynch people
[11:22 AM] Gamma: and getting a wagon up to higher vote amounts will force scum to actually make that decision
[11:28 AM] Ariel: Cheeky: nsg sucks at scum so we can just read her tomorrow
Dann: pansy
FF: we have plenty of info, we don't need her input today
Esp: surely she will make reasonable posts at some point and lurker lynches d1 are terrible. Even though I get hella mad at anyone using team reads in this game what she's doing is fine bc I can't police other games
Hopkirk: thinks she's not with Auro and needs to decide who is scummier
BBmolla: went from "LYNCH ALL LURKERS" to sheeping Cheeky
Dunnstral: agrees with Esp and presents it as a "policy lynch". says it "sucks" but "not a good reason to wagon"
[11:33 AM] Ariel: nsg: posts in GD and posts massive cases in hito's fucking game while giving us shitty WIFOM apologies
[11:34 AM] Gamma: You don't have to do this if you think your game will play out better without it but I have a suggestion: Remind everyone of the 3 days until deadline, say that I want NSG's blood quite badly after being her scumbuddy in Mini 2032: TAZ Mafia: Murder on the Rockport Limited while she lurked her ass off, and say if that a NSG wagon can't happen you'd prefer to know it now so you can actually have time to get a meaningful wagon on someone else in the next 2 days and call on Ceph/gobble/Dong/BB to put up or shut up
[11:36 AM] Gamma: a half-wagon on NSG is probably worse than either a near-lynch wagon or no wagon at all if deadline gets much closer so I think now's the time to figure out what people really want to do and are willing to push for
[11:55 AM] Ariel: I do think nsg is more likely to be scum than town but it's also possible their scum slots are elsewhere and they're playing pro scum here to protect that and lying to themselves that it's not pro scum. I don't think it makes sense as a strategy for them with all town slots.
[11:56 AM] hito: ^^ work on phone but that's my worry since bitmap 99% scum
[11:58 AM] Ariel: The problem is I don't even know what other wagon I want
[12:03 PM] Ariel: and I feel like i may be annoying but I just genuinely get more and more anxiety the closer we get to day end that I don't know what the right thing to do is
[12:08 PM] hito: Then it's not insane to keep pushing nsg knowing there might be this other reason for her insincerity - make it her problem and if she's town she has pressure to find you a better kill
[12:10 PM] hito: She's for sure lying and if its because she can't say bitmap scum is crying for help then I'd think you could guilt town nsg into playing
[12:58 PM] Ariel: {Cephrir}

{Hopkirk, Dannflor}

{Cheeky, Formerfish}
{BBmolla}
{Espeonage, Auro}
{Dunnstral, gobbledy, Dongempire}
{Nsg}

Idk if I should even post this
[12:59 PM] Ariel: bizarrely it seems to have a lot of 1v1s in same tier which seems wrong
[1:00 PM] Ariel: urgh
[1:16 PM] Ariel: it's a start

[6:12 PM] hito: hmmmmm how we reading this newest cheeky 920 that's all about 'scum equity' without actually callin espe mafia
[6:15 PM] hito: I think it's gross but cheeky seemed weirdly focused on the info aspect so high chance of false positive, seems like maybe worth a direct engage of "what color do you think espes role PM is gonna flip" or similar
[6:45 PM] Ariel: info lynches suck
[6:46 PM] Ariel: id rather roll a die than info lynch
[6:46 PM] hito: ya exactly
[6:46 PM] hito: but cheeky could just be bad town so that's how I'd phrase it, not really suire it's AI it's just dumb
[6:48 PM] Ariel: She's called him lynchbait before
[6:48 PM] Ariel: I'm not really expecting a different answer
[6:50 PM] Ariel: Than that he might be scum but she isnt sure
[7:01 PM] Ariel: How someone can be lynchbait and an info lynch is weird though
[7:17 PM] Ariel: viewtopic.php?p=11510379#p11510379
[7:22 PM] hito: I don't really understand what she is saying here but I feel like her sayingh she'd rather do ff is a good thing. or at least a good reaction to get out of her
[7:23 PM] hito: auro 927 is yet another scum or just bad town, god feels like your games has a lot of those
[7:23 PM] hito: nothing to really go for the throat on just a bunch of vague horseshit
[7:38 PM] hito: viewtopic.php?p=11510430#p11510430
[7:38 PM] hito: is it just me or is this some real horseshit to post about the person you've been voting all dayt
[8:11 PM] Ariel: It's more objective than anything else he bothers posting about lol
[8:12 PM] hito: yeah but I mean, does he really go out of his way to make a post saying "hey, if the person I'm parked on all day is town, don't look at me"? just seems like a weird instinct
[8:18 PM] hito: submitted bulletproof talisman to mastina
[11:32 PM] Ariel: He has a progression with saying scum should bus for easy win that arguably leads into it, it is a bit like detached though so I getcha
[11:33 PM] Ariel: viewtopic.php?p=11506259#p11506259
[11:34 PM] Ariel: viewtopic.php?p=11506240#p11506240

[6:58 PM] hito: @Ariel also for what its worth epse 987 and 999 saying "I have shown I have FF as more scum" instead of just saying "I think FF is more scum" fills me with murderous rage
[8:08 PM] Ariel: seems like a lot of stuff in all games
im kind of a disaster at the moment, I think there's like 2 days til deadline in mine, I am probably not posting tonight but tomorrow I need to pull it together
[8:09 PM] hito: Ariel ur game has a lot of blahs in it but if you don't get ml'd than whatever its not a terrible tragedy if one blah bites it over another
[9:12 PM] Ariel: viewtopic.php?p=11513488#p11513488 LITERALLY ME
[9:16 PM] Ariel: Tbh my plan is to try to play really well when I come back so that I'm more likely to die
[9:16 PM] Ariel: I cant go in and just cry about how i have no reads

[12:22 PM] hito: Ariel, what's your take on BBM 960 (ISO 29) and 1203 (31) taken together? Kind of gives me buddy vibes when he made sure to explicitly indicate someone else was getting him on fish + now he's kind of fishing to hit NSG again?
[12:25 PM] hito: like looking at BBM ISO all together, that's exactly the way you make sure you're voting your buddy if he flips but you're trying to work against his wagon while sitting on it, right?
[12:27 PM] hito: maybe the best differential test would be directly asking BBM to sell you on FF and see if he kind of defers on hyping up FF wagon while still keeping his vote there
[12:47 PM] Ariel: ughhh i really liked BBmolla's entrance because it's exactly how i feel when i'm a town replacement and not something i think about as a scum replacement really
[12:47 PM] Ariel: but his posts are so like
[12:48 PM] Ariel: that where it's really unclear how much he's read and he's just kind of shooting from the hip and sheeping randomly
[12:49 PM] hito: to be fair, I think right now I just kinda suspect him on FF red flip. it's just more like since your slot has a lot of NK threat it might be worth getting out there today if FF ends up being the kill. and if we're getting it out there, it might be worth doing the test first to see what happens? that's where I'm at
[12:50 PM] Ariel: uhhh should i just ask how good he feels about his vote?
[12:50 PM] Ariel: BTW Dong was like the one person who hadn't given a read on me and he popped in basically just to townread me and say he still doesn't like FF
[12:51 PM] hito: or ask him to sell you, whatever you feel like would get the most sortable response? I think you know BBM better than I do
[12:51 PM] Ariel: somehow being so townread makes me feel guilty
[12:51 PM] Ariel: uhhh i've never played w/ him i just know him from GD
[12:51 PM] Ariel: he's not really playing how i expected
[12:51 PM] hito: haha don't think of it as a guilty thing, think of it as a resource you have to go for more esoteric tests and whatnot
[12:55 PM] Ariel: it makes me feel like i should (1) be leading more and (2) makes me feel bad that i have very little idea who's just sucking up to me
[12:55 PM] Ariel: oh molla hasn't given a read on me either but he's a special case
[12:58 PM] hito: thanks for posting the test for me :omgLurk: tbh one of my fav parts of mafia is just getting a nice sharp razor where I expect way different answers from different alignemnts and seeing what happens
[12:58 PM] hito: if BBM actually switches to NSG when you prompt him like this it's actually probably a town tell
[1:09 PM] Ariel: viewtopic.php?p=11515134#p11515134
[1:13 PM] hito: hmm thats a...fine answer I guess, it makes sense with his views. I do think it's a little weird to want both sides of FF <-> NSG without ranking them - if one greenflips are you going for the other? that's usually a big warning sign. but that's the kinda thing that's lot more likely to not be an alignment thing so w/e, not even sure it's worth pushing
[1:14 PM] hito: kind of a boring answer, not a huge FF buddy answer and not a huge indepedent thinker answer. but the nice thing about failed razors is that no one even need to know you were fishin
[1:23 PM] hito: (one of my NOT favorite things about mafia is when I have a neat test idea to go for something I see and it ends up not panning out. but that's the point of doing a test about it and not just diving right in a la RC)
[1:40 PM] Ariel: this game is a long series of me trying to ask things that I think should produce telling answers
[1:40 PM] Ariel: and them, over and over again, not being as useful as hoped
[1:40 PM] hito: :omgHands:
[1:42 PM] Ariel: also my read on Ceph is probably too strong but it makes me feel sane rn so for today idc
[6:20 PM] Ariel: I spent two hours writing an FF post while still voting his counterwagon of like, hey, I'm not going to actully defend you unless you address these

and now he's crying about being lynched instead of nsg even though he was the one telling us nsg is probably town for not playing

[10:34 AM] hito: also maybe I was a little too quick to dismiss bbm <-> FF pairing huh
[10:42 AM] hito: aaaaaaahhhh yeah @Ariel I am super skuzzed out now by BBM 1442 saying he still thinks FF is scum and ahs no idea why everyone is TRing them
[10:42 AM] hito: when his response to being run up was to pivot on NSG and talk a bunch about how shes getting away with murder with no indication on why people were wrong to get off FF
[10:42 AM] hito: very very big "I don't know why everyone decided FF was town (but thank goodness!)" vibes imho
[10:43 AM] hito: I kinda like his reaction to my test back when it was him positively affirming that he wants FF over NSG but now he doesn't and I don't
[10:45 AM] Gamma: shos is fine w/ me!
[10:47 AM] Gamma: Also is the NSG wagon finally happening in Kitty's game
[10:47 AM] Gamma: because i neeeeed it
[10:47 AM] hito: kind of, but in a vaguely unsatisfactory way (to me! maybe ariel feels differently)
[10:48 AM] hito: it was FF vs NSG, FF was winning
[10:48 AM] hito: he did a bunch of AtE that people TRd
[10:48 AM] hito: there was an insanely fast flashwagon on BBM
[10:48 AM] hito: like six votes in six straight posts to L-1
[10:48 AM] hito: then he AtE'd calling everyone dumb and saying it was stupid how they werent pressuring NSG, pivoted to NSG, said nothing on FF
[10:49 AM] hito: and now that worked and it might be NSG today, but gawd BBM and FF looks awful buddy to me
[10:50 AM] Gamma: i can see where you're coming from BUT nsg's lurker scum blood is delicious and I shan't be swayed from enjoying it
[10:50 AM] hito: viewtopic.php?p=11517390#p11517390
[10:50 AM] hito: start from here, scroll down, then tell me if you believe with a straight face that BBM legitimately thinks FF (who he was voting until he swapped to NSG) is still mafia and he doesn't understand the switches off
[10:51 AM] hito: like IIIIIIIIIIII dunno man. he sure likes to say he's got both NSG and FF as scum but when rubber hits the road it sure seems more like he wants to be seen suspecting FF while actually pushing NSG
[10:51 AM] hito: surely if you think it was scum AtE tricking all the dumb townies then you have something to say about it, right? instead of needing to be directly asked?
[10:53 AM] Gamma: eh? he mentioned it earlier
[10:53 AM] Gamma: I still think FF is a good lynch, the AtE didn’t have the apparent affect on me it did on you all

I’m fine with a NSG lynch but I don’t think she’s scummier than FF, I just think her fucking logic sucks
[10:54 AM] Gamma: and if you're getting quickwagoned and think NSG is more likely to actually happen than FF then shrugcity
[10:54 AM] hito: Gamma that answer was also in response to a direct question I prompted kitty to post, and pre-FF spew
[10:55 AM] hito: thats why at the time I was like fine, I'm getting vibes that he's parking on FF but pushing NSG but at least he's explicitly affirming that FF is scummier
[10:55 AM] hito: the reversal while trying not to mention FF at all + still saying he suspects FF when directly asked but making sure not to follow up with any reason why FF would be good to vote
[10:55 AM] hito: is what's got me turnt
[10:56 AM] Gamma: I think the AtE is dumb for both BB and FF but I think that BB's posts before that were pretty fine and that NSG is v. likely to flip scum
[10:57 AM] Gamma: maybe BB is scum with NSG and is setting up some bussing shenanigans but I'll take the NSG lynch and re-evaluate from there and be fine with it
[10:57 AM] hito: I think if NSG is scum bb is very likely town
[10:58 AM] hito: to me what gets wibbly is when you're like, making sure that if you partner flips you're sitting on their wagon, but push the other way
[10:58 AM] hito: so BB staying on FF until his wagon deflated and only THEN matching his passion for how much he's talking about NSG
[10:58 AM] hito: is what seems buddy.
[11:00 AM] hito: but its locked in so whats done is done! I sure hope its mafia her play in isolation is pretty sus. I just can't get jazzed b/c BBM --> FF looks so skeevy
[11:01 AM] hito: I guess it's actually kinda good ariel is not around though, if NSG flips red can just dumpster this line of inquiry and if he's green and ariel lives N1 she can bring it to thread with a clean conscience cause she never had a chance to agree or disagree
[12:20 PM] Ariel: I'm very unsure what to think of anything ._.
[12:58 PM] hito: hmm, Ariel, I wonder if you have enough nk risk that it's worth sharing my theory in twilight? you could totally disengage from it and just say something like"hito thinks BBM -> FF looks buddy because of his sitting on FF while pushing NSG and was having second thoughts on NSG, I was out while he was talking to Gamma about it (Gamma still thinks NSG scum is most likely) but he wants it in thread in case NSG flips green and we're nk'd. If NSG is red BBM is probably town"
[12:58 PM] hito: if you think I'm way off base feel free to override me but that's where my brain is
[1:03 PM] hito: "and was having second thoughts on NSG," that fragment is kinda ambiguous, I meant it in the sense that I was having second thoughts on NSG, despite her looking pretty scummy in ISO, just because the way BBM interacted with FF vs. NSG seemed like "vote the wagon on your buddy as long as there's a chance it'll flip, but push the other one". I'm not sitting here steaming about NSG death but I just think it's more likely to flip green than Gamma does and if it does this is where I'd want to attack start of D2
[1:03 PM] Ariel: Is this still based on that one post
[1:04 PM] Ariel: That we asked him about
[1:04 PM] hito: it's about the stream of posts starting from 1420 to ~1435
[1:05 PM] hito: hitting on NSG a bunch but never mentioning FF once despite later saying he still thinks FF is scum and he doesn't see why town fell for AtE. seems like he'll say FF is scum when he's asked to, but he wants to bring up that NSG is scum over and over, if that makes sense
[1:11 PM] Ariel: Done
[1:11 PM] hito: thanks for indulging me :omgWoah:

[6:27 PM] Gamma: no flip yet in white flag is rustling my jimmies
[7:33 PM] Ariel: I think she's town ):
[8:50 PM] hito: suspenseful
[9:08 PM] Ariel: SHES SCUM
[9:08 PM] Ariel: THANKS GAMMA I NEEDED YOU
[9:08 PM] Ariel: @Gamma :partying_face:
[9:09 PM] Ariel: 4 lynches to hit 1 scum ayyyy
[9:15 PM] Gamma: I told you
[9:15 PM] Gamma: I told you bout LURKSCUM tho
[9:16 PM] Ariel: I KNOW
[9:16 PM] Ariel: that's why I held on
[9:20 PM] Gamma: I need to make a very dumb jpg for your game plz hold
[9:22 PM] Ariel: I didnt give you credit tbh though which is sad cuz if they shoot me then I cant credit you til endgame
[9:22 PM] Ariel: I was primarily arguing that the gambit makes more sense from scum
[9:22 PM] Ariel: If they dont shoot me then I totes will
[9:30 PM] Gamma: if you post this on beginning of day 2 it will mean the world to me
[9:59 PM] hito: so umm Shadoweh being so quick in 2242 does kind of make me think that maybe dunn is scum in WF? we obviously can't speculate on it in thread but uhhh
[10:00 PM] hito: SEEMS PRETTY FAST YALL IDK
[10:44 PM] Ariel: Dunnstral specifically said his teammates started telling him to push nsg
[10:44 PM] Ariel: And after that he got on board
[10:44 PM] Ariel: Before that he was defending her
[10:44 PM] hito: ah okay makes more sense
[10:45 PM] hito: also I have a sinking feeling other townies might fall for this super obviously fake Bitmap AtE
[10:45 PM] Ariel: 2258 is literally
[10:45 PM] Ariel: The reason for the wifom
[10:45 PM] Ariel: It's games deep wifom
[10:52 PM] Ariel: I do think Ceph is still town and it's not for him getting super mad at nsg not being replaced it's for earlier
[10:53 PM] Ariel: Cheeky was starting to become everyone's fave but she defended nsg pretty hard so that's interesting
[10:53 PM] Ariel: I think she makes the game more sane regardless so :person_shrugging: I was starting to get jealous she was stealing my NK cred
[10:54 PM] Ariel: Auro also was pretty relentlessly like ummm nsg why are u doing other stuff but not so much in a cred seeking way
[10:56 PM] Ariel: dude wasnt even voting
[10:56 PM] Ariel: anyone
[10:56 PM] Ariel: and was sorta trying to clear FF
[10:57 PM] Ariel: while it was FF vs nsg
[11:00 PM] Ariel: makes me feel a lot better about WHERE ARE THE MAFIA because 1 didnt exist
[11:03 PM] Ariel: which like yeah thats why I was voting her with gamma's encouragement I was just also internally crying that mafia is hard
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5101 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:45 am

Post by Auro »

In post 5100, Ariel wrote:referring to you as possibly "bad town" a couple of times in the log still boils down to me disagreeing with your approach to self-defense.
KittyMo, it looks like self-defense but it's actually not: it's that I'm simply attacking the reasons behind people's votes on me.

It's possible that I find someone's reasoning behind voting my perfectly reasonable , then I'd acknowledge that. If their reasons are iffy, I'd combat them.

If it was some other player wagoned for bad reasons, I'd attack them the same way.

Even if someone voted for a scumread of mine for bad reasons, I'd attack it. People are quick to call it "Chainsaw defence" - no, it's just my process of sniffing out what's made up and what's genuine.

Clearly this isn't anti-town because I'm actively using attacks on me to sort people; if I was throwing out AtE to get votes off me then sure it's bad play.

I'd love to hear which part you disagree with. Do you think it's impossible to sort someone based on why they're pushing you? Especially when a lot of slots seem to be doing exclusively that?
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please
Pronoun: none please

Post Post #5102 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:53 am

Post by Ariel »

I died in this game over 2 months ago and no longer remember the specifics to be able to discuss it, sorry.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5103 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:57 am

Post by Auro »

Eh, well, it's open to anyone who thinks it's anti-town/scummy.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5104 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:05 am

Post by Dannflor »

I think my stance was abundantly clear this game :P
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5105 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:08 am

Post by Auro »

You didn't think that :P
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5106 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:26 am

Post by Shuichi Saihara »

<3 ariel & hito
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5107 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:27 am

Post by Cephrir »

^me obviously
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #5108 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:59 am

Post by BBmolla »

The stairs comic is amazing

Sorry for being an ass most of this game, I feel like I put more into this game than I ever have so it truly was agony to try to figure out who I could trust.
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5109 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:06 am

Post by T-Bone »

I was actually going to nominate this for GotY Scummie, but then it would technically be a self nom since the award gets credited to the moderator. Know that you all played the game of the year in my heart.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #5110 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:09 am

Post by BBmolla »

It’s Game of the Year for me

Also Gob/FF y’all played a really good game, I saw y’all were gonna quit and I hope you don’t cause I really enjoy you both as players.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #5111 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:20 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Like that last day alone was insane I’ve never had my reads change so much in one day
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #5112 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:22 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Also I didn’t give enough credit to Dann and Cheeky as well for dealing with me
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5113 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:12 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I apologize Cheeky for not being the most empathetic throughout

that last day was pretty insane
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5114 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

None of my team was in this game but I think i followed this game more than any other game other than my own lul

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”