Dongempire
gobbledygook
Espeonage

Spoiler: Dead
northsidegal

Game Rules

General Rules/Game Etiquette
  1. Obey all Site-wide Rules.
  2. Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
  3. You may not quote private communication of any kind. This includes moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
  4. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM or Team Mafia rules specifically allow it.
Activity/Prods/Replacements
  1. Prods of missing players will be issued after 48 hours of no activity.
  2. A prodded player has 24 hours to respond to the prod, after which time a replacement search will begin. The prodded player may re-enter the game so long as no replacement has been found.
  3. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
  4. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than 36 hours please PM me or post in the thread to declare V/LA.
  5. I reserve the right to force replace players who need extensively long V/LA at my own discretion.
Deadlines
  1. Deadlines for this game will be 14 days for Day Phases. Night Phases will last at least 24 hours (flexed up to an additional 12 hours based on T-Bone's schedule).
  2. Extensions are given only in extreme circumstances.
  3. Night actions are due by the posted deadline.
Player Actions/Voting/Player Death
  1. A simple majority of all living players must agree on one person (via voting) for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down). If no one has a simple majority of votes at deadline a No Lynch will occur.
  2. Votes must be bolded or use the [.vote] tags to be counted (e.g.
    Vote: Player
    or VOTE: Player).
  3. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
  4. You may
    Vote: No Lynch
    - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a Lynch.
  5. Votes made using nicknames or abbreviations will be counted at my discretion. Fake vote gambits should be executed at your own peril. If I think its a vote, then its a vote.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by T-Bone »

TEAM MAFIA 2020 GAMEPLAY RULESET

ALL SITE RULES, INCLUDING THOSE PROHIBITING TALKING ABOUT NON TEAM MAFIA GAMES, STILL APPLY.

I reserve the right to append these rules should it become necessary. If this happens, all players will be notified
[/b]
If you have any doubt about whether something is against the rules or not, pm your mod and me, and ask.

Team Communication

1. Each team will be provided a Private Topic (PT).
2. Each team will also be provided a Discord Channel (DC), upon request.
3. Players may copy and paste whatever they want into their PT/DC.
They may not copy and paste text OUT of their PT/DC into game threads.

4. Players may continue to communicate with their team after in-game death in their provided PT/DC.
5. There are no restrictions for what players can post in their PT/DC's outside of not breaking site rules.

6. We'd prefer if teams used the provided means of communication. If your team really wants/needs to user another, please contact Untrod Tripod. The organizing team will need to be able to access any means of communication in an emergency.
7. Team PT/DC's will only be made public after the game if all players on the team consent to their release.
8. All Game PT's including all scum PT's will automatically be released after Team Mafia.

9. There will not be Spectator/Dead PT's.

Talking About Other Games

1. There are no restrictions for what players can post in their PT/DC's outside of not breaking site rules. The rules for this section refer to what players can talk about in their ongoing games and ongoing game PT's.
2. Players are only allowed to talk about mod-confirmed things from other ongoing Team Mafia games.

Examples of things that ARE allowed
  • Stating who is on what team.
  • Stating what Day or Night another game is in.
  • Stating how many players are left alive on a team.
  • Stating how many town or scum are alive in another game.
  • Stating whether a dead player in another game has flipped town or scum.

3. Any public speculation about other ongoing games is prohibited.
4. Any attempt to publically signal players from other ongoing games, pass messages to players from other games, or otherwise communicate through the use of cryptography is prohibited.
5. Do not try to loophole these rules. If anyone has questions at any point about what is allowed or not allowed please message me (Untrod Tripod).
6. To repeat: If you have any doubt about whether something is against the rules or not, PM your mod and me, and ask.

Your Teammates are Always Innocent Until Proven Guilty

1. You may at no time say, indicate, insinuate, etc. that your Team Mafia teammates are or might be anything other than town. This includes in any hypothetical situation.
2. Exception: You may talk about your teammates being scum if they have flipped scum in another game (i.e. are dead).
3. If a player is NOT on your team and is still alive in another game, you must follow the rules in the Talking About Other Games thread.

Replacements

1. It is your job to replace team members who are not active. If you require assistance from the moderator or any event organizer, there will be a tiebreak penalty.
2. To replace a team member, you must PM Untrod Tripod AND the moderator of your game. We have a list of replacements that you will be able to choose from.
3. You may replace with anyone who is not currently on a Team Mafia team, has not previously been on a different Team Mafia team, is and has not been part of the Team Mafia Organizing team (Moderators, Balance-checkers, players in tiebreak game), and is eligible to play in mafia games. However, only 4 people may be involved in the PT at any time. A replaced team member may not participate in any way unless he is replaced back in.
4. The mod will force replace any player who has not posted within 3 days (Prodded after 2 days, no response for 1 more) of his last post (not including Night). This will come at a penalty to the team.
5. If a player must be replaced due to mod errors or another outside influence (such as gaining information that they should not be able to have), the mods may assist in finding a replacement without assessing a penalty.[/quote]
Scoring

Team Mafia 2020 is, chiefly, a competition between teams. Therefore, there is a scoring system.

1. Each team will be rewarded 1 point for being on the winning side of a finished game, even if they died before the game ended.
2. The team with the most points wins.

At the end of each game and at the end of the whole event, there will be a survey distributed to the teams. For the games the survey will require each player to vote, on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being the least important 10 being the most important, how important a player was in their side winning the game. For the Team Survey, each player will be required to vote how deserving each team is of winning the event on a scale from 1 to 10.

In the event of a tie, there is a tiebreaker. In order of importance:

1. Being on the winning side of the Large Theme.
2. Having the best average score in the Game Survey.
3. Having the best score in the Team Survey.
4. The TM2020 Mods vote on a winner.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:46 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Link to White Flag Set-Up Page

Spoiler: Sample Role PMs
Vanilla TownieWelcome, xReckonerx!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no special abilities.

You win when the Mafia has been reduced to one member.

The game thread is here.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment.

Mafia GoonWelcome, Untrod Tripod!

You are a
Mafia Goon

You and your partners, PenguinPower and implosion, share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional Private Thread (PT), located [REDACTED], where you may talk at any time.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, and nothing can prevent this.

The game thread is here.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment or by posting in your PT.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Vote Count
Not Voting - 13
(Auro, Cephrir, Dannflor, Dongempire, Dunnstral, Espeonage, Formerfish, gobbledygook, Hopkirk, Joan of Arc, Kittymo, northsidegal, wgeurts)

Activity Check - Start of Day

Deadline: (expired on 2020-01-16 22:59:30)

With 13 Alive, it takes 7 to Lynch

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by northsidegal »

wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:36 pm

Post by KittyMo »

VOTE: wgeurts

Not sure there's room for two wiki dictators in this town!
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:27 pm

Post by Cephrir »

VOTE: Espeonage

I take Umbreonage with you being alive in this game.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

VOTE: Hopkirk
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Subject: Team Mafia 2020 Announcement
Hopkirk wrote:Ok, this is getting scary. I've made about a dozen posts in the last hour or so as I connected the dots and the mods have removed or edited all my posts except the ones that make me sound like a raving conspiracy theorist. The clues are all there, look at page one:
In post 0, Untrod Tripod wrote:
Announcing Team Mafia 2020

This
e
vent will begin on January 2nd, 2020. This gives everyone am
p
le time to get team
s
t
og
e
ther and for those who wish to part
i
cipate to wi
n
d down their current commitments.

Team Mafia is a site
w
ide event sp
a
nning five game
s
. Teams of four players will be given the opportunity to choose four out of the five ga
m
es t
o
be place
d
in, and will wor
k
together to w
i
n their chosen games. Scoring, based on whether or not your team was in winning games, wi
ll
d
e
termine the overall winners of the event. The winning team will receive a banner for their accounts that will be
d
isplayed until the next Team Mafia event or the next Scummies, whichever comes first. The tentative plan for the five games will be

1. A large theme, run by Lizard people
2. A mini theme, run by the Illuminati
3. A mini normal, run by The Masons (fuck masons)
4. A white flag open, run by Lizard people
5. Assassinations of anyone who worked out what we're really up to, run by Micc
Only scum make posts like that
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

@everyone, why did everyone choose this game?
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by KittyMo »

In post 9, gobbledygook wrote:@everyone, why did everyone choose this game?
Lots of reasons! I like smaller games, I'm more interested in the day game as both alignments, and I don't have to worry as much about not knowing the current site meta of closed game design. I also like not having to stress over whether my top scumread is going to turn out to be an investigative PR (this happens to me well above chance).

Will you answer this too? :]
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 10, KittyMo wrote:Will you answer this too?
I didn't :( I wanted to be in the other open game, but I think I was too heavy handed my own personal blacklist and bob got pushed into it instead
I specifically didn't want this game because it is particularly difficult to win as town
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I chose this game because I prefer mountainous setups, or at least setups that are as close to vanilla as possible. Especially if I'm going to be try-harding for an event like Team Mafia, I'd like the game itself to be as simple as possible so all I really have to focus on are the fundamentals of the game.

Why did you ask that question?
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 12, Dannflor wrote:Why did you ask that question?
I will reveal this once everyone has answered
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i was in white flag last team mafia, and i'm a creature of habit. plus, i was never taking the large theme, didn't really want a normal and i told RC i wanted white flag before the open setup was revealed and so that's what he put me for.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i'm sad mathdino isn't playing. so many inside jokes i was prepared to make that now nobody will get

things fall apart
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by Dannflor »

hi nsg im excited to finally play a game with you

big fan
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by KittyMo »

In post 11, gobbledygook wrote:
I didn't :( I wanted to be in the other open game, but I think I was too heavy handed my own personal blacklist and bob got pushed into it instead
I specifically didn't want this game because it is particularly difficult to win as town
I mean, apparently the random lynch EV is almost 48%. I suspect the team aspect can fix some of the issues that cause towns to do worse in practice.

"plz don't swear" -- N
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 17, KittyMo wrote:
In post 11, gobbledygook wrote:
I mean, apparently the random lynch EV is almost 48%. I suspect the team aspect can fix some of the issues that cause towns to do worse in practice.
I might be wrong but I thought the EV and actual win rate were vastly disproportionate and not in town’s favor. But you’re right I should look to see how often Tm towns win white flag rather than just generic white flags.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

I’m like sad and also happy that this game is the dead one? I’m sad right now it is slow because I’m here, but I know I’ll be happy in a week when my availability is gonna be awful.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:20 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I think Team Mafia in general is town sided because of the higher presence of experienced players compared to a normal game on the site + the team aspect. Thinking about the game like that is an easy way to get complacent though so like, whatever. Regardless this game isn't one you can really blame on the setup no matter how it swings.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:43 pm

Post by wgeurts »

Oh hey we started.

VOTE: Kittymo

There can be only one!
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:09 pm

Post by Auro »

Hi!
Wagons :D
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:11 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 9, gobbledygook wrote:@everyone, why did everyone choose this game?
I'm not going to have a lot of time to invest in TM, so decided I'd go for the simplest setup.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:26 pm

Post by Formerfish »

MINE!
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”