Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #331 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:28 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Speedrunner
6/19/2019
Dannflor
the worst
HALF MAST NIGHTLESS
Simultaneously dubbed the worst and best marathon ever, this (in)famous game ran for 60+ pages and nearly 4 hours. In the game, the scum team not only made their scummiest member the flag bearer but were also nearly revealed by a mod error in the vote counts. Though frustrating at points, this record breaking game was entertaining and memorable for most everyone involved. It wasn't the perfect marathon, but nevertheless it was an unforgettable experience. An enjoyable mess that still gets referenced several months later—not only for its size but for the player list and the specific absurdity of how the game went down. The players played their hearts out despite the draining length and nature of the game. the worst—despite his unfortunate mod error that could have given away the scum team—maintained consistent vote counts for 4 hours straight, was succinct with deadlines, and kept things moving as quickly as possible in an exhausting game of ridiculous size.

am i doing this right
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (isolation #2) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:04 pm

Post by Dannflor »

GOODFELLAS
8/8/2019
Dannflor
RadiantCowbells, Creature, chennisden, Fuscosco
Gameshow Mafia
This team of four far exceeded expectations in Gameshow Mafia, a fun but decidedly townsided setup. Each member had to play at the absolute top range of their scumplay in order to avoid being caught mechanically by the setup. Fuscosco sacrificed himself as the D1 bus to give his team cred. Creature stepped far outside his formerly familiar meta as scum. Chennisden played out of his mind, top posting and surviving well into the game by looking proactive while allowing the town to in-fight and make sub-optimal decisions. RadiantCowbells was tasked with being the second-towniest slot in the game, until the very last. Endgame came down to the wire, with a LyLo that consisted of several vote changes, but RC managed to pull out the W for his team. While the town blamed their own issues and in-fighting for the loss, the scum team did an impressive job of circumventing the many traps the setup itself had laid out for them, as well as playing to their skill ceiling and remaining townie enough for the town to utterly self-destruct.

hope no one has any issues with me nomming this
Last edited by Alisae on Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:38 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I have a few more nominations in mind but I'll probably procrastinate until December
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:07 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 484, RadiantCowbells wrote:Dann got QHed before I could post
I got QHed before I woke up ;_;
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #521 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:30 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I'll write up an Ank nom if Duck doesn't get around to it

I have a couple Modfather ones too
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #583 (isolation #6) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:52 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Paperback Writer
11/25/2019
Dannflor
northsidegal
Open 749 | Vengecop
The flavor in this game enhanced the atmosphere, meshed amazingly with the setup, and was just downright entertaining. Flavor text accompanied every flip, drawing out an epic narrative of cops vs. mafia just as the same actions were played out in game. Each flip felt like the players were affecting and contributing to the ongoing story based on their actions; northsidegal creating fun death scenes and characters for each player. The tense LyLo was capped off with flavor that had a fun, climactic, double-agent twist that brought the narrative so far of cops vs. criminals to a satisfying close. Overall, the flavor here was simple to the point of being easy to read and follow, fit the theme and setup, and was simply entertaining. It added a lot to my personal enjoyment of the game and stands as a solid piece of work on its own.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #632 (isolation #7) » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:09 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I think she means prolific in the sense of volume of games

which I think nsg has still modded a fairly significant volume of games this year

definitely enough to be nominated
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (isolation #8) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:09 pm

Post by Dannflor »

apologies if I missed this in the main post, but are nominations open until January 1st?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #703 (isolation #9) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:58 am

Post by Dannflor »

nth RC paragon

whichever one ends up being valid
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #714 (isolation #10) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:07 am

Post by Dannflor »

Paragon
12/19/19 bitmap RadiantCowbells Mini 2106 - Magia Record Fate Weave Semi-U-Pick |
Magical Girls UPick - Heart of Shadow | Micro882: Public Cop 9P
Before I get into the game, I need to talk about RC and his "character". When you think of typical Paragon players, you imagine those charismatic scum hunters who are able to charm the rest of town into lynching scum. And sure, RC a few years ago might have started out like that. But no, that's not RC or at least where he is now.

When you first play against RC as scum, you assume he's just another player and your scum pt is more focused around how you'll play around town. A few pages in you and your whole scum team gets caught but you shrug it off thinking nothing will come out of it. Well, you're wrong. RC then grabs town and forcibly tells them how to vote causing town to just lynch scum after scum until they're all gone.

For the more experienced scum players who have to deal with town RC, they don't really talk about how to manipulate town. They talk about how the hell do we get RC out of this game and fast.

In Magical Girls U Pick, RC had all the scum correctly pegged on Day 1.

In Magia Record, RC nailed all the scum players within Day 1 and 2. It was pretty brutal and he forced all of town and managed to get them to sheep him.

RC isn't your typical Paragon player but he is definitely a Paragon tier player. He doesn't serenade town, he dictates the lynches. And he has amazing accuracy doing so. His white seal butt asserts dominance in every mafia game. He's probably the most deserving of Paragon this year.

In Baton Pass, RC correctly found all scum on Day 1 and Day 2. The only reason he did not lynch all the scum is because of a trust tell committed by one of the scum members and having his attention diverted by his hydra partner. When RC is alone and has full ability to play how he wants to play, he is devastating to play against as scum. While RC is not without his faults (he is quite an emotional Player), he deserves to be inconsideration for Paragon this year.

In Public Cop, RC found both scum literally within 3 pages of the game starting. I don’t think I have ever played with a person who is that good at catching scum. RC is so good that there have been times when people thought he was cheating because of how accurate he is. His consistency across YEARS let alone the games this year shows he is deserving of a Paragon nomination. It isn’t our fault he can tap into the collective consciousness of the universe and figure out who is scum that way.

In short, ban RC to Ubers.
year.

pretty easy fix either way
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #718 (isolation #11) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:18 am

Post by Dannflor »

wasn't sure if 3 games was the limit or not

Paragon
12/19/19
bitmap
RadiantCowbells
Mini 2106 - Magia Record Fate Weave Semi-U-Pick
|
Magical Girls UPick - Heart of Shadow
|
Micro 882: Public Cop 9P
|
Baton Pass
Before I get into the game, I need to talk about RC and his "character". When you think of typical Paragon players, you imagine those charismatic scum hunters who are able to charm the rest of town into lynching scum. And sure, RC a few years ago might have started out like that. But no, that's not RC or at least where he is now.

When you first play against RC as scum, you assume he's just another player and your scum pt is more focused around how you'll play around town. A few pages in you and your whole scum team gets caught but you shrug it off thinking nothing will come out of it. Well, you're wrong. RC then grabs town and forcibly tells them how to vote causing town to just lynch scum after scum until they're all gone.

For the more experienced scum players who have to deal with town RC, they don't really talk about how to manipulate town. They talk about how the hell do we get RC out of this game and fast.

In Magical Girls U Pick, RC had all the scum correctly pegged on Day 1.

In Magia Record, RC nailed all the scum players within Day 1 and 2. It was pretty brutal and he forced all of town and managed to get them to sheep him.

RC isn't your typical Paragon player but he is definitely a Paragon tier player. He doesn't serenade town, he dictates the lynches. And he has amazing accuracy doing so. His white seal butt asserts dominance in every mafia game. He's probably the most deserving of Paragon this year.

In Baton Pass, RC correctly found all scum on Day 1 and Day 2. The only reason he did not lynch all the scum is because of a trust tell committed by one of the scum members and having his attention diverted by his hydra partner. When RC is alone and has full ability to play how he wants to play, he is devastating to play against as scum. While RC is not without his faults (he is quite an emotional Player), he deserves to be inconsideration for Paragon this year.

In Public Cop, RC found both scum literally within 3 pages of the game starting. I don’t think I have ever played with a person who is that good at catching scum. RC is so good that there have been times when people thought he was cheating because of how accurate he is. His consistency across YEARS let alone the games this year shows he is deserving of a Paragon nomination. It isn’t our fault he can tap into the collective consciousness of the universe and figure out who is scum that way.

In short, ban RC to Ubers.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #725 (isolation #12) » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:58 am

Post by Dannflor »

Game of the Year
12/20/2019
Dannflor
RadiantCowbells
Undertale Mafia
Undertale Mafia stands as a shining example of what a good game of mafia should be. A lot of time and care went into the flavor, aesthetic, and mechanics of the game; this dedication resulted in an unmatched atmosphere that brought the best elements of the theme to the game. The best example of this interweaving of mechanics and flavor is in the Mercy Bar mechanic, which lead to a
comeback play by Brown Eyes
that cut the scum team in half and left me with chills when I witnessed it. It was the perfect combination of the Undertale theme and the actual mechanics/gameplay of Mafia. Overall, the game had a great player list and was fun even in town's worst moments. A solidly played mafia game by both alignments, an interesting setup, a great atmosphere thanks to flavor, and a very fun game. This is what mafia games should strive to be.

Game of the Year
12/20/2019
Dannflor
Jingle
Vengeful Ghosts
Honestly, I wasn't too invested in Vengeful Ghosts at first... And then I died. This game has the—perhaps unfair—advantage of being quite literally two games in one. On the surface, there was a normal (but flipless) mafia game happening with a strong town lead by Arkham Asylum. But underneath that,
in the dead thread, a whole other mafia game was going on
. Each night, the dead thread—the players of which still remained unconfirmed alignment wise—had to vote a player to kill. With only tentative links to the alive thread, this unique mechanic resulted in two simultaneous mafia games that worked towards a common overall goal. The added stress and investment these increased stakes contributed to the game resulted in a rollercoaster that was intensely fun from near-beginning to end. In combination with some desperate plays from a mostly dead scum team that would not have been possible in a normal game, as well as a gambit from town's only link between the alive and dead worlds of this game, Vengeful Ghosts was a close game with the kind of highs you can only get from the very best.

Rising Star
12/20/2019
Dannflor
Jamelia
Newbie 1964
Jamelia is a player to watch. New to the site in only the second half of this year, he's already demonstrated excellent play in the handful of newbie games he's completed.
Newbie 1964
is his most recent game, and one of the most impressive. Replacing into a fairly widely scum read slot against a player list that contained experience in the likes of RadiantCowbells and BBmolla, Jamelia was not only able to turn his slot's favor around, but clinch the endgame victory for his scum team.

Newbie 1956
is another game in which Jamelia demonstrated his scumplay is not to be underestimated. He had most of the playerlist so convinced that he was town, he'd probably have won this game in LyLo if he was up against any other player but RadiantCowbells. Overall, still an impressive performance.

But Jamelia is not only a one trick pony, winning both town games in
Newbie 1961
and
Newbie 1953
, and showing his capability to obv town regardless of the quality of his scum play.

Overall, a new player to the site who has shown excellent qualities and is the perfect candidate for rising star

I would also like to do an Ankamius!paragon nomination, but I'm not sure I could do it justice. If there's not one written up a few days before the deadline I'll try to do one anyway.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #790 (isolation #13) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:12 pm

Post by Dannflor »

ooh! They look very nice Datisi