TM 2021 Large Normal 2: Wikipedia Integer Facts (Over)

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6050 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:33 am

Post by Cephrir »

I'm almost positive the odds are the same haha. I planned on giving Ythan's opinion a lot of weight anyway. Also, if we did clear one or more players as town, why would we bother having a tomorrow?
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #6051 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:49 am

Post by Titus »

We can clear two players as town, which improves our odds. I literally just laid it out. It goes from 25% to 33%. If Hopkirk guesses right, our odds go up to 50%. I'd take 50% over 25% any day.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6052 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:55 am

Post by Hopkirk »

it's never 25%. you're assuming town vote first 100% of the town which is wrong. the odds work out the same and (https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... lating_EVs) made by our glorious mod (thanks for all your contributions to the site implosion :))explains why a 3p lylo does even out to 1/3 instead of 1/4. if, in practice, scum vote first at an above 1/3 rate then the 3p lylo comes out better than random then results are better for town rather than worse.

i'm fine with going for a full clear on ythan. i'd prefer to do it with me/ceph voting titus on principle, even when i'm pretty sure there's no normal roles that would mean it matters

VOTE: Titus
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #6053 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:18 am

Post by Titus »

Yeah, my path is the right one. With both possible scum objecting, it's pretty obvious I am right.

If Cephrir votes me, we confirm Ythan, then Ythan can say who is town.

We can still do the plan even if both scum suspects vote me.

This is a problem for tomorrow though.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #6054 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:21 am

Post by Titus »

Also, I see zero reasons scum vote first here.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6055 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:47 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Really? You can't see why scum would EVER vote first in a 3p lylo?

Or are you saying 'here' to mean a 4p lylo when I've explicitly said 3p and linked a long explanation on why.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #6056 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:05 am

Post by Titus »

In post 6055, Hopkirk wrote:Really? You can't see why scum would EVER vote first in a 3p lylo?

Or are you saying 'here' to mean a 4p lylo when I've explicitly said 3p and linked a long explanation on why.
I mean in this game in 3p lylo, I don't see why scum would vote first given the hesitation. I can't rule it out but unless scum felt confident that town would mishammer. I don't see that happening here with both of you public waffling.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6057 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:35 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 6053, Titus wrote:Yeah, my path is the right one. With both possible scum objecting, it's pretty obvious I am right.
Or... it's just logically pointless and both of us can see that whether or not we're scum lol.

Fine, since you both insist, VOTE: Titus.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #6058 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:37 am

Post by Ythan »

Sup
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6059 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:37 am

Post by Cephrir »

If ythan picks a townie, he has a 66% chance of being right
then, picking scum from the remaining two is a 50% chance.

if we just pick randomly from among us, it's 33%, but 66% x 50% = 33%

cmon it just intuitively makes no sense that this in any way improves our odds
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6060 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:37 am

Post by Cephrir »

hi ythan
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6061 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:37 am

Post by Cephrir »

i'll give you a few minutes so there's no doubt
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6062 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:38 am

Post by Cephrir »

i promise your hypothetical scum self that none of us are secretly a role that can fuck with you
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6063 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:45 am

Post by Cephrir »

UNVOTE:

i think that should cover it, and if you're slow playing scum that's fine i don't care.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6064 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:46 am

Post by Cephrir »

i don't know if i ever explicitly claimed but i am VT obviously
Bartleby the Scrivener
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6065 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:58 am

Post by Hopkirk »

UNVOTE: Titus
In post 6056, Titus wrote:
In post 6055, Hopkirk wrote:Really? You can't see why scum would EVER vote first in a 3p lylo?

I mean in this game in 3p lylo, I don't see why scum would vote first given the hesitation. I can't rule it out but unless scum felt confident that town would mishammer. I don't see that happening here with both of you public waffling.
so you're planning to wait until someone puts a vote down in lylo then locktown them? we both know that's unrealistic. read the article i linked because it explains things as concisely as i can and it's starting to feel like you're ignoring what i'm saying and pretending to be convinced

what 'waffling' are you talking about here?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #6066 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:07 am

Post by Titus »

Not anymore, but yes if one of you voted each other I would have greater weight to that slot being town.

Most everyone has shown hesitation on which of the other remaining two are scum. That's what I mean by waffling. So why would scum make the game a 50/50 and instead wait for town to hopefully make a mistake? That would give them 75% odds of winning as opposed to 50% supposing we don't follow my plan.

Now that we've mentioned it though, it's a bit more wifomy.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6067 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:22 am

Post by Hopkirk »

that's literally factored into the model. it's wifomy whether or not people mention it

none of this is making me feel better about you because i don't think it's AI
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #6068 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:56 am

Post by Titus »

Sorry to whatever model you quoted but appeal to authority is a fallacy.

The "model" makes assumptions that just don't exist with the gamestate the way it is or was.

I am thinking you just need a reason to scumread me here. Disagreeing is one thing but breaking the game in town's favor is a net positive.

I am looking for some type of tiebreaker between the two of you. Right now I am leaning Cephrir's reaction was better but not by much.

We'll see who Ythan wants to confirm as town next or whether he shoots down my plan entirely.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6069 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:16 am

Post by Cephrir »

[Ythan waiting room]

Would love to hear your thoughts in general, if you're ready.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6070 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:27 am

Post by Hopkirk »

your math is wrong and the way you're pushing it doesn't make sense as either alignment as i said above. idk why you're pushing it as me and Ceph having bad reactions by saying your math is wrong because if you're town that's still 1 town telling you you're wrong

'you just need a reason to scumread me' is a terrible take here given i've made it clear what my current read is prior to this and i've said this hasn't affected my read outside of it correlating with my current issues with your slot of not doing things that feel meaningful/solvy. imo scum don't intentionally get theory wrong and the way you're presenting it feels at odds with you not doing anything else. like your reads don't seem to have a clear basis here and i'm assuming there's more coming?

it's not an appeal to authority, it's an explanation of how the math/theory works. funnily enough, if we took what you said and assume that believe scum never vote first then it's actually a 50-50 because first vote is from town and it's 50-50 if they put it on scum (and it tends back towards 1/3 based on what extent you think scum actually would vote first. anything below 1/3 = in practice you should vote the person who didn't vote first. that's how equilibrium work, which means you don't actually think that scum wouldn't vote first since otherwise you'd have just be committing to voting whoever didn't vote first which results in a 50-50 for town you as either they voted town!you and lost, or voted scum and you'd hammer it).
in real life it isn't a 75-25 if people are vaguely aware of statistics. and it's not even a valid debate taken outside the 3p context. an alternative/more obvious way to get exactly a 1/3 btw is if you get that by everyone agreeing to vote whoever Ythan says (because a scum-lethal doesn't go through with town!ythan not voting scum in 4p because anything without town!ythan inherently becomes a tie or a town lethal).

'breaking the game in the town's favor' actually annoys me because it feels like you're trolling me here
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #6071 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:54 am

Post by Titus »

You keep referring to this narrative that I am doing nothing while ignoring the things I do present and not helping me to resolve the conflicts I am presenting.

Your day 1 was utterly horrible in terms of voting scum. I mentioned this several times and highlight this multiple times where I can't distinguish whether you're the townbeard or scum. You do vote scum some later days, but it is largely not influential until arguably your vote on Bell. I'm struggling to interpret whether or not your conversation with Bell was fake or not. You could enage me there.

I've mentioned MURDERCAT's read on the vote pattern being the opposite to mine. I've mentioned the tonal posts that I feel are AI from Cephrir. You could totally comment and give your opinion on those as well.

I've laid out my reasons and my conflicts, yet you persist in saying I am doing nothing. It doesn't feel like it comes from a place of good faith at all.

I've literally been begging either of you to engage my thoughts on the other to help me and get crickets.

Btw, Cephrir. I told you that I have been in conflict with the flipped scum. You said you would check but I haven't seen your results.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6072 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

- the voting pattern what is there to comment on? i thought LLD was likely to be bad and voted there. that's basically my d1. that was it as far as i'm aware. i didn't get what you liked about ceph's voting record and didn't realize you were done because it didn't feel like you were done looking through voting records. outside of 6033/6034 which don't really leave anywhere to engage?

- idk why Murdercat thinks what they do and it was a line? if you've actually discussed it with them then detail it more if you want me to weigh in one it?

- i didn't realize 'was scum!hop faking an interaction with Bell' was a question so much as you thinking outloud, because it wasn't a fake interaction so what am i ever going to say in response to that?
- i've looked back and can't see a post you make (only looking for quotes of ceph) where you mention anything about his tone. can you quote these?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6073 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

what are you begging me to interactive with because if you point out what you've posted you wanted me to interact with then i will, but i don't see it?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #6074 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:13 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 5750, Cephrir wrote:i can't wait to lose this game when titus yeets my obvtown ass in elo because bussing isn't possible.
In post 5789, Cephrir wrote:
In post 5784, Titus wrote:I need to redo my VCA but it's 4 am and I am real behind on mafia. Sleep, work, then catchup.
Posts like these are the ones I am talking about with Cephrir's tone.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”