Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #5825 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:17 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: Zaiden
Probably too late, sorry
Took a nap this morning that ran way too long.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5826 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:31 am

Post by SirCakez »

that's fine I don't see another route for today to go
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5827 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:52 am

Post by Gypyx »

VOTE: Zaiden

in case we're waitin g for me
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (4/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5828 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:15 am

Post by SirCakez »

where ut
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #5829 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:26 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Zaiden,
Mafia Semi-Godfather Compulsive Fruit Vendor
has been asked politely to leave on Day 8

Town wins.

I just moved across the country for a new job, and am currently without furniture and regular internet, in addition to doing job orientation stuff. Survey will be sent out soon along with anything else.

Thanks to everyone who stuck this one out. It was a bit of a slog towards the end. :lol:
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5830 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:05 am

Post by T-Bone »

I will be sending out the survey shortly, UT is still without good internet in his new place.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #5831 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

thanks for closing this one out.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5832 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:41 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Gg everyone, thanks to all the TM mods.

Congrats SS!
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5833 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:57 pm

Post by SirCakez »

gg well played everyone here! Zaiden you had me totally fooled well done
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #5834 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by DkKoba »

gamma getting pseduocleared via lack of activity and no prods compromised that slot so feelsbad

also this setup was very familiar to a setup that was crafted by an epicmafia native, and was actually the first theme setup i ever played, called fruit mafia. Am wondering if that was incide tally the inspiration or if it was thought of by itself
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5835 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:04 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 5832, MURDERCAT wrote:Congrats SS!
Tyty

Echoing Cakez's post, Zaiden you played well until the very end (and of course the situation was pretty rough for you anyway with what happened with Gamma).

Sorry for being so apathetic on the last day. I felt like the Gamma situation devalued the game to some extent, and I also thought Zaiden's reaction to it made him clearly the best execution.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5836 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:16 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Good win gg
I most likely would have threw if left alive.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #5837 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:26 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

ftr, if the reaction D1 was fake then I still feel like it was a garbage thing to do to get out of being pushed. had a lot of pointless anxiety over this game.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #5838 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:37 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

but then I guess mafia is just like that. idk.
it just rubbed me the wrong way.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5839 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:39 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

gj guys thanks for killing zaiden
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5840 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:51 pm

Post by Gypyx »

gg everyone

what's a semi-godfather?
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (4/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #5841 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:08 pm

Post by Noraa »

thank you for night killing me lol.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #5842 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:09 pm

Post by Noraa »

favorite moment in this game was seeing me get night killed.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #5843 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:15 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 5834, DkKoba wrote:gamma getting pseduocleared via lack of activity and no prods compromised that slot so feelsbad
Wasn't the whole extent, either. Zaiden/Gypyx were modspewed as not S/S on D1 and that last dayphase should totally have been a no elim.
This is a Parachute.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #5844 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:35 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Good game everyone

really impressive job from what I read during your time as last maf standing Zaiden

shoutout to Gypyx and cakes for sticking with the game as best they could from what I saw

and Jingle your evaluation of my townplay (in games in general) did genuinely make me happy so ty for that (*>ω<) ♡
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #5845 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:54 pm

Post by Jingle »

yw, MT, even if you did end up tearing my heart out and stomping on it as a scummy scumlord :P.
In post 406, Untrod Tripod wrote:Second, I would like to address this post:
This post does not confirm anything since editing photos is possible and easy to do. However, in my rules I state that the appearance of breaking a rule is the same as breaking a rule.
In post 0, Untrod Tripod wrote:
Even the appearance of breaking this rule counts as breaking this rule.

Either editing a screenshot to "prove" that you do not share a PT or posting a real screenshot that proves the same is strictly against site rules. It is akin to "posting your role PM" and posting what could either be an edited version of the sample role PM or the genuine article.

Do not do anything like this again. The most lenient potential consequences are removal from this event and a mafia ban.
This, btw, was the modspew that Zaiden/Gypyx wasn't S/S. The fact that UT posted that this was strictly against site rules but Gyp wasn't being punished for it meant that there was a reasonable doubt as to whether gyp realized what he'd done was bad (ftr, I think it's pretty obvious it was accidental). If Gyp had actively cut the scum PT from a screenshot in order to get an angleshooty partner clear it would be a cut and dry game ban for him (because, you know, cheating), and so it was impossible that Gyp/Zaiden could be scum together.
This is a Parachute.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5846 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:21 pm

Post by DkKoba »

pretending to break a rule is still breaking the rule wrt mafia game stuff ..lol
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5847 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:42 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

Zaiden's a very good irl friend which is why we asked him to join our team this year. Constantly being fucked over by the moderation made him quit the site with zero intentions of ever playing on here again.

- Gamma being literally mod confirmed in the final 5 completely wrecked any game integrity. Despite Gamma being away for multiple days prior to deadline then not submitting a compulsive action during a very extended night phase, then coming back and saying 'i siteflaked overnight' the slot didn't get modkilled. This was a blatant confirmation due to mod error and the point where Zaiden gave up on having any chance of winning. I'd very much like to hear some explanation from the mod team over why this wasn't a modkill because every player switched their read on Gamma to town/locktown (from more suspicious/the person Zaiden needed to push to win) because it was very obviously confirmation @ 5 due to a mod error. We couldn't get any communication at the time in regards to this, and it would be nice to get some clarification postgame about how this was acceptable/not modkillable. This completely wrecked game integrity beyond repair and not being modkilled/a draw/ anything at that point was insane.

Most of the scumreads came on Zaiden following the Gamma mod confirmation/his response to not 100% buying it like everyone else did (because it was a mod confirmation). This outright lost us the game and destroyed Zaiden's desire to ever play on mafiascum again. After putting months of effort into it he got completely fucked at endgame by the mod with no subsequent explanation or apology. This followed a line of other smaller moderation stuff that had given Zaiden the feeling that UT was essentially working against him/didn't care. The lack of mod communication around this was probably the most irritating part & the lack of respect for the time the players put into the game was hurtful.

- In case anyone didn't notice, that final hammer was after the deadline (several members of the town weren't voting at deadline). We pointed this out to UT and pinged him to make sure he noticed this because we were pretty sure he was going to take the one last opportunity to fuck us over. Kind of funny given we asked if the deadline would get extended while he was looking for a Gamma replacement and UT responded as though we were asking for an extension for no reason (though gave it, but didn't start looking for a Gamma replacement)

- The handling of the final day was absolutely insane. After being visibly offline for something like ten days (including the night phase), Gamma came back and said he'd siteflaked. He then went offline for
days without getting replaced. We repeatedly asked UT during this time if Gamma was getting prodded/replaced with no response. UT was very clearly on the site during this time as he was posting elsewhere. There was nothing Zaiden could do in relation to the Gamma slot because the mod let them siteflake for a second day running (deepening the already obvious mod confirmation). i don't understand how there's no kind of backup moderation system in place for team mafia

Less major stuff

- Scum not being told how the peach buying mechanics worked. Zaiden was eventually told 'you should have asked about this thing that you had no reason to ask about'. We don't understand why this wasn't in role pms. At least one scum got caught by how this impacted strategy (MT getting caught out based on the vend, town power roles...) albeit town also weren't directly told about this

- Screw ups with night actions over the watcher/tracker thing when Zaiden was confident which one he had and UT told him otherwise.

- Everybody knows there's 0% chance Gypyx would ever randomly decide as scum 'i think i'll knowingly break site rules and post photoshopped images to prove i'm town'. Pointing it out directly in the thread made it clearly impossible that Zaiden/Gypyx could be scum together - although this didn't directly impact anything in the end i can't help but feel that would have gotten Zaiden modkilled if he'd been the one doing it.

i think there was more, but the way Zaiden was treated this game was horrible. we were all super happy with Zaiden's play this game, even after town having some great reads early game and taking out a bunch of the scum. eventually though, months of time/effort was wasted and the lack of any communication from the moderator over the whole situation was very hurtful. the moderation drove away a (essentially) new player to the site (who's been playing mafia for years) and, more importantly, hurt a good friend.
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5848 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:58 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i agree with the above sentiment as a spectator who was part of the scumteam's team at one point ^
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5849 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:06 pm

Post by DkKoba »

its literally modding 101 to not let an afk slot through a night phase thats due for a prod.

like gross mistake that 100% ruined the integrity of the game. could town have still won here? yeah maybe.

but it was pretty much guaranteed when UT basically said "hey gamma is basically an IC here bc scum did submit a nightkill have fun"

don't think it needs to be said to someone who was allowed to be listmod but like you literally don't ever let a night phase resolve with a slot thats siteflaked like that. don't know if it was retaliation against being pressured to step down from the mod team but like as a game mod im disgusted to see that happen and hope it doesn't happen again next year.

i don't know how other TMs have gone but it feels like this year's has been plagued with issues with each game that at least my team at the time was playing. One toxicity wise, one replacement wise, one just having to restart and screw over the work of some people and just this one with the blatant handing of the win to town.
retired

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”