Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i disagree. I think the straight all or nothing approach is not fair. when you rand scum you get no consolation for any sort of skill/effort pushed in advancing your own wincon.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:10 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Ok i can agree that indeed, it does suck. But i suppose that that difference should be reflected in the game scores. I don't think anyone cared about placing somewhere other than first i.e. placing fifth or 12th probably doesnt matter to a team, and so i guess my only hesitation with your suggestion is if a team that won less than another team still won the event

But advancing ur wincon does get reflected in the surveys fwiw
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by DkKoba »

like i said - have winning outright give max points.

because not every win/loss is equal

also would remove bias from the surveys because sometimes players may have done well but they dont get voted for because of personal bias against them or the opposite.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:06 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 52, DkKoba wrote:like i said - have winning outright give max points.

because not every win/loss is equal

also would remove bias from the surveys because sometimes players may have done well but they dont get voted for because of personal bias against them or the opposite.
I would get rid of them altogether and just declare a tie.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:00 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 33, DkKoba wrote:more thoughts: please add more scumsided setups next year. having a whole team of 4 behind you adds another dimension to the game and like makes it inherently more townsided in that regard. people who roll scum shouldn't be effectively boned in that regard. literally every setup here was won by town, and only 1 was like considered closed in that regard and that was the large theme and id say that was largely carried by FL nearly hardcarrying a win.

make town work for it.

and like perhaps a more dynamic points system for each side - so that you get *some* points when you do advance your wincon. Like if you lose as town, you still get *some* points if you manage to lim some town, and for scum you get more points the longer you keep the game going with x amount of scum or something. maybe just thoughts for the future. hope to play next year and not get banned in the middle of the games tho! definitely will have reformed koba playing then :)
I agree with this generally speaking. I think the two main pain points of team mafia are a) its much harder for scum than a traditional game and b) its very all or nothing where winning is the only thing that matters and players can play great and not get any benefit from it which snowballs for scum with point a.

Not sure exactly how to switch that up but I think its definitely an issue. As a partner I don't agree that FL played well but also I'm definitely not willing to get into that as I'd be very happy to not play with/interact with him ever again.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:08 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 36, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Despite having the best team ever, I hated my game due to certain individual(s) - primarily one - making it over the top toxic and unplayable. I never ever want to have to ever go through that again. TM needs to have a much lower threshold of stopping toxicity in games.
Nancy I really wanted to enjoy playing with you but I think you added an amount of toxicity to that game with the way you play where you immediately assume that you're obviously town and then go after anyone who even begins to dare question it. At one point in our game you even demanded an apology from someone for suggesting that you had the slightest possibility of being scum. Thats not playing mafia, and it made the game really fucking unfun to play for me.

Like I said I wanted to enjoy playing with you but I didn't because of that.

I want to say the way pine talked to other players in our game was pretty unacceptable and toxic as well, responding to players who were in good faith arguing against him to "shut the fuck up" repeatedly.

I don't understand when playing mafia became less about actually playing mafia and more about shouting as loud as you can and being as rude as you can to people who don't agree with you/suspect you but there were several players in that game who just made it supremely exhausting to open the thread and I really wish that those players would take a second to think about what the point of mafia is and whether winning the game by making it extremely unfun to play is actually worth it. I get this is team mafia and I get that the stakes are high and I get that everyone is try harding but at the end of the day I found that game extremely miserable despite the fact that I thought it was going well for most of it and by the end of it I was just extremely checked out (and would have replaced out if not for it being team mafia) because it was just downright awful to play.

I'm sad about that because I was really excited to play it and even more excited when I rolled scum but at the end of the day it was one of the worst play experiences I've ever experienced on this site and I hope every player in that game takes a second to evaluate what they possibly did to contribute to that.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:11 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

As a brief plug, now that TM is over dogs vs cats is going to go back into signups soon and I've added specific rules against what I would call toxicity that were inspired from this team mafia experience. I would suggest more mods adopt them because ultimately mafia is supposed to be fun and this wasn't for me.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:12 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Congrats to the winners through: Well deserved. Team mafia is fucking hard and coming out on top is awesome. :)
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:14 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 55, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 36, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Despite having the best team ever, I hated my game due to certain individual(s) - primarily one - making it over the top toxic and unplayable. I never ever want to have to ever go through that again. TM needs to have a much lower threshold of stopping toxicity in games.
Nancy I really wanted to enjoy playing with you but I think you added an amount of toxicity to that game with the way you play where you immediately assume that you're obviously town and then go after anyone who even begins to dare question it. At one point in our game you even demanded an apology from someone for suggesting that you had the slightest possibility of being scum. Thats not playing mafia, and it made the game really fucking unfun to play for me.

Like I said I wanted to enjoy playing with you but I didn't because of that.

I want to say the way pine talked to other players in our game was pretty unacceptable and toxic as well, responding to players who were in good faith arguing against him to "shut the fuck up" repeatedly.

I don't understand when playing mafia became less about actually playing mafia and more about shouting as loud as you can and being as rude as you can to people who don't agree with you/suspect you but there were several players in that game who just made it supremely exhausting to open the thread and I really wish that those players would take a second to think about what the point of mafia is and whether winning the game by making it extremely unfun to play is actually worth it. I get this is team mafia and I get that the stakes are high and I get that everyone is try harding but at the end of the day I found that game extremely miserable despite the fact that I thought it was going well for most of it and by the end of it I was just extremely checked out (and would have replaced out if not for it being team mafia) because it was just downright awful to play.

I'm sad about that because I was really excited to play it and even more excited when I rolled scum but at the end of the day it was one of the worst play experiences I've ever experienced on this site and I hope every player in that game takes a second to evaluate what they possibly did to contribute to that.
I honestly don’t see how any of that applies to me since I’m sure I demanded an apology from FL for mean things he was saying to me, so that’s an outright misrep.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:19 am

Post by DkKoba »

Meanwhile i was the only one during TM banned for toxicity xP while not being in that game
retired
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:22 am

Post by Dannflor »

this isn't a mafia game anymore, people aren't misrepping, they're just viewing things in different ways
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:32 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 60, Dannflor wrote:this isn't a mafia game anymore, people aren't misrepping, they're just viewing things in different ways
You can be misrepped ANYWHERE. Shea is saying I demanded an apology for being wrongly sr which isn’t true. I demanded an apology for things that were said about me apart from that.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:34 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 59, DkKoba wrote:Meanwhile i was the only one during TM banned for toxicity xP while not being in that game
And imo, what you did paled in comparison to what transpired in my game.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:39 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 62, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 59, DkKoba wrote:Meanwhile i was the only one during TM banned for toxicity xP while not being in that game
And imo, what you did paled in comparison to what transpired in my game.
I was mainly banned for a non TM game ~ partially for my game though.
(Boonskiies dark fairy game)
retired
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:11 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Nancy regardless of my specific example I am saying to you, one human being to another that I found your playstyle really unpleasant to be in a game with.

You can ignore that if you prefer, but I'm just trying to express to you that I didn't like playing with you and that I felt like the way you were playing the game made it unfun for me. I'm not really interested in having a huge argument about it and I think you're an enjoyable person outside of the context of mafia games and I'm not trying to attack you, I'm trying to give feedback from how I, personally, felt playing in a mafia game with you. FL was extremely toxic. Pine was extremely toxic. I felt like the way you played also increased the toxicity of the game. You can take that information and do whatever you like with it.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:14 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 64, Thestatusquo wrote:Nancy regardless of my specific example I am saying to you, one human being to another that I found your playstyle really unpleasant to be in a game with.

You can ignore that if you prefer, but I'm just trying to express to you that I didn't like playing with you and that I felt like the way you were playing the game made it unfun for me. I'm not really interested in having a huge argument about it and I think you're an enjoyable person outside of the context of mafia games and I'm not trying to attack you, I'm trying to give feedback from how I, personally, felt playing in a mafia game with you. FL was extremely toxic. Pine was extremely toxic. I felt like the way you played also increased the toxicity of the game. You can take that information and do whatever you like with it.
All I will say to this is that the context which this is based upon is extremely unfair to me. I’m sure that is not your intention but my point still stands.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:19 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm not making a point, Nancy. I'm expressing how you made me feel.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:22 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Like if you want to talk about it my DMs are open both here and on discord. I want to underscore again that I really hope you don't read this as an attack. its not intended as one.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:23 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 66, Thestatusquo wrote:I'm not making a point, Nancy. I'm expressing how you made me feel.
Well that game was hell for me and the mods didn’t do enough to stop it - while I’m sure you’re both unaware zhd it’s not your intention - I feel like this is flpov blaming the victim in all of this and I consider that to be both unfair and undeserved.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:24 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I agree that the way that FL and pine played was wrong and made the game awful but I feel that there was a lot independent of that which you did which contributed to the toxicity.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:25 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

And norwee made a very similar point in the game thread which you also just brushed away which is why I felt compelled to post this in the first place.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:25 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 67, Thestatusquo wrote:Like if you want to talk about it my DMs are open both here and on discord. I want to underscore again that I really hope you don't read this as an attack. its not intended as one.
I do believe it is not your intention but fmpov - anyone giving me grief over that game, I can’t help experiencing it that way, because of how devastating it was for me.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:26 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 70, Thestatusquo wrote:And norwee made a very similar point in the game thread which you also just brushed away which is why I felt compelled to post this in the first place.
Yes because he was out of line as well.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:27 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm asking you to try to view it through my POV instead of through yours because I think that might be helpful to you, but I understand if perhaps its too recent and raw for you to do that.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:28 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

You have claimed repeatedly in both our game and in SGB that you suffer from CPTSD, so why do you think it’s acceptable to trigger mine, especially when you should know exactly how it feels?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”