Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:29 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I dont think I've ever claimed to suffer from CPTSD, but rather from depression and anxiety.

If someone saying to you "the thing you did was harmful" is triggering to you I am sorry for causing harm but at the same time that does not alleviate you from the responsibility of causing harm yourself.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:30 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 67, Thestatusquo wrote:Like if you want to talk about it my DMs are open both here and on discord. I want to underscore again that I really hope you don't read this as an attack. its not intended as one.
Ironically, contacting me on discord would not have triggered it. That’s what Ico did and we’re good.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:30 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 74, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:You have claimed repeatedly in both our game and in SGB that you suffer from CPTSD, so why do you think it’s acceptable to trigger mine, especially when you should know exactly how it feels?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:33 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 75, Thestatusquo wrote:I dont think I've ever claimed to suffer from CPTSD, but rather from depression and anxiety.

If someone saying to you "the thing you did was harmful" is triggering to you I am sorry for causing harm but at the same time that does not alleviate you from the responsibility of causing harm yourself.
And if I’m actually responsible for that I’d admit to it, which thankfully was absolutely not the case in this game but I obviously can’t stop anyone from claiming otherwise.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:33 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I've said what I want to say. If you want to ignore it thats on you, but if want at the end of a game 3 of the other players in the game to not express that they found your behavior hurtful you'll maybe listen to me instead of attacking them as trying to bully you.

I will not be responding any further. Take care of yourself.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:35 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 78, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 75, Thestatusquo wrote:I dont think I've ever claimed to suffer from CPTSD, but rather from depression and anxiety.

And if I’m actually responsible for that I’d admit to it, which thankfully was absolutely not the case in this game but I obviously can’t stop anyone from claiming otherwise.
But anyone who actually bothered to read what was actually happening in the game would know what you’ve been alleging about me just isn’t true. Sorry, I won’t acknowledge blatantly egregious misreps in mafia or anywhere else for that matter.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:37 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 79, Thestatusquo wrote:I've said what I want to say. If you want to ignore it thats on you, but if want at the end of a game 3 of the other players in the game to not express that they found your behavior hurtful you'll maybe listen to me instead of attacking them as trying to bully you.

If you actually gave a fuck about me, you wouldn’t have totally ignored that the game massively triggered my CPTSD and you ignoring this fact is cruel imo.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:43 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 81, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 79, Thestatusquo wrote:I've said what I want to say. If you want to ignore it thats on you, but if want at the end of a game 3 of the other players in the game to not express that they found your behavior hurtful you'll maybe listen to me instead of attacking them as trying to bully you.

If you actually gave a fuck about me, you wouldn’t have totally ignored that the game massively triggered my CPTSD and you ignoring this fact is cruel imo.
And I want to see actual quotes of this so-called non-exisent “hurtful behaviour” you’re bs shading me with, because we both no you won’t find it, so please just stop. Thank you.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:43 am

Post by T-Bone »

This is not the place for this discussion, please and thank you.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:48 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 83, T-Bone wrote:This is not the place for this discussion, please and thank you.
I apologize for my part in this but it’s not okay for me to be re-traumatized. I probably should not have engaged so once again, sorry.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:17 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

Not specifically responding to the above discussion:

Mafia is a game. If you do not enjoy playing it, you should not play it. If it is bad for your mental health, you should not play it. If more than once in a blue moon you find yourself overly angry, sad, or another negative emotion, you should not be playing mafia either.

The most common 'trigger' source I've observed is when being pushed. If you are a good player, you will sometimes be read as scum when you are town, even if you are playing a fantastic game. You should take it as a compliment people believe you are scum. Obviously, engage, and there is nothing wrong with a little heated arguing here and there, but short of claims there should never be a point you are upset you are scum read. Sometimes weaker players will push you at stupid times even despite claims. If you cannot handle being accused and pushed, you should not play mafia.

There are lots of alternatives if you love the concept of mafia but find games constantly negatively affecting you. You can try other mafia sites. You can try other venues for mafia, such as via voice or video. You can try other social deduction games, of which there are many, and a lot do not involve the aspects of mafia that tend to make things toxic. I stopped playing here for many reasons, but ultimately, it boils down to the fact that despite loving the game of mafia, it was draining, addicting, and left me feeling worse after many games.

With that said, congrats to the winners.
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:19 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

I’m sorry to hear that @Eddie, you definitely made last year’s game fun. <3
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:33 am

Post by Hopkirk »

a lot of people like toxic 1v1s nowadays. i think a good approach to playing non toxicly is to make sure people see you as a real person rather than just enough name and picture of a guy in a blue hoodie holding a sparrow. video mafia is pretty good for this because you can see the people you're hurting (so ideally you'll hurt less people)
In post 2834, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 2830, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 2828, Hopkirk wrote:but obviously don't stress out too much about the game. if you don't solve it right now you'll only get mocked, blamed for the loss, and treated with mild disdain by half of the playerlist for the rest of your life
In post 2825, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 2823, innocentvillager wrote:hopkirk this game is stressful lol idk what to do
sometimes when i'm having trouble sorting people i head over to the speakeasy and read through their post history in stuff like relationships, politics, sad and so on. it can be pretty useful sometimes tbh, plus if you reach the point where you're doing that then the weirdness of the fact you're doing that really takes away from some of the more general stress

just let go. let the memes into you
that is true, you are all human beings too who don't only play mafia, i do forget that sometimes

thanks hopkirk <3
a lot of the time people forget that we're all just people here, mostly playing mafia either because we enjoy it or for masochistic purposes. it's important to remember this when you're being wagoned. you know how they say you should tell you kidnapper stuff about you to build a raport/so they see you as a real person? it probably works in mafia too

here's a helpful link: https://www.wrc.noaa.gov/wrso/security_guide/kidnap.htm

i'm hopkirk, and i'm town
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:33 am

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 87, Hopkirk wrote:a lot of people like toxic 1v1s nowadays. i think a good approach to playing non toxicly is to make sure people see you as a real person rather than just enough name and picture of a guy in a blue hoodie holding a sparrow. video mafia is pretty good for this because you can see the people you're hurting (so ideally you'll hurt less people)
In post 2834, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 2830, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 2828, Hopkirk wrote:but obviously don't stress out too much about the game. if you don't solve it right now you'll only get mocked, blamed for the loss, and treated with mild disdain by half of the playerlist for the rest of your life
In post 2825, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 2823, innocentvillager wrote:hopkirk this game is stressful lol idk what to do
sometimes when i'm having trouble sorting people i head over to the speakeasy and read through their post history in stuff like relationships, politics, sad and so on. it can be pretty useful sometimes tbh, plus if you reach the point where you're doing that then the weirdness of the fact you're doing that really takes away from some of the more general stress

just let go. let the memes into you
that is true, you are all human beings too who don't only play mafia, i do forget that sometimes

thanks hopkirk <3
a lot of the time people forget that we're all just people here, mostly playing mafia either because we enjoy it or for masochistic purposes. it's important to remember this when you're being wagoned. you know how they say you should tell you kidnapper stuff about you to build a raport/so they see you as a real person? it probably works in mafia too

here's a helpful link: https://www.wrc.noaa.gov/wrso/security_guide/kidnap.htm

i'm hopkirk, and i'm town
this was such a wholesome moment!
whether you were trying to pocket me or not
good times
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:58 am

Post by Hopkirk »

that's memeing that was made because i like memeing in games because good vibes are good
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:07 am

Post by MathBlade »

Congrats to the winners! :)
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

All I know is I’m really glad that the torture of my game is finally over.

And I intend to do my best to forget that this game ever happened.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:01 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 85, Eddie Cane wrote:Not specifically responding to the above discussion:

Mafia is a game. If you do not enjoy playing it, you should not play it. If it is bad for your mental health, you should not play it. If more than once in a blue moon you find yourself overly angry, sad, or another negative emotion, you should not be playing mafia either.

The most common 'trigger' source I've observed is when being pushed. If you are a good player, you will sometimes be read as scum when you are town, even if you are playing a fantastic game. You should take it as a compliment people believe you are scum. Obviously, engage, and there is nothing wrong with a little heated arguing here and there, but short of claims there should never be a point you are upset you are scum read. Sometimes weaker players will push you at stupid times even despite claims. If you cannot handle being accused and pushed, you should not play mafia.

There are lots of alternatives if you love the concept of mafia but find games constantly negatively affecting you. You can try other mafia sites. You can try other venues for mafia, such as via voice or video. You can try other social deduction games, of which there are many, and a lot do not involve the aspects of mafia that tend to make things toxic. I stopped playing here for many reasons, but ultimately, it boils down to the fact that despite loving the game of mafia, it was draining, addicting, and left me feeling worse after many games.

With that said, congrats to the winners.
nth
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:11 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

I fully agree with Eddie’s post. My situation was completely different just to be clear. A specific player in the game who I considered to be a friend, had made some extremely hurtful comments. The site rules logically forbid the discussion of ongoing games outside of said game and I wasn’t about to wait three months to confront said player wrt to how their comments were affecting me personally, so I literally had no choice but to deal with it in the only place I was allowed that couldn’t put me at risk for catching a ban.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:56 am

Post by Shirou »

Thanks for modding the event, but if it's not too selfish to ask...

The Team PTs and Scum PTs aren't gonna be released? I thought it was stated in the beginning that they would...
いつだってヒーロー。

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:53 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1, Untrod Tripod wrote:6. Team PT/DC's will only be made public after the game if all players on the team consent to their release.
7. All Game PT's including all scum PT's will automatically be released after Team Mafia.
8. There will not be Spectator/Dead PT's.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2021 10:05 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I knew it was a loss for my team from the get go as i and all of the new replacements were penalized for a certain player’s actions.
But i’m still happy i won my game. It was an experience, and even though i didn’t necesarilly enjoy it. I learned a lot about mafia games in general, myself, and others.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2021 10:07 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 52, DkKoba wrote:like i said - have winning outright give max points.

because not every win/loss is equal

also would remove bias from the surveys because sometimes players may have done well but they dont get voted for because of personal bias against them or the opposite.
I think this could be solved by giving a bigger score if you win as scum VS winning as town. And also receiving less penalty for losing as scum VS losing as town.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2021 10:10 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 97, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 52, DkKoba wrote:like i said - have winning outright give max points.

because not every win/loss is equal

also would remove bias from the surveys because sometimes players may have done well but they dont get voted for because of personal bias against them or the opposite.
I think this could be solved by giving a bigger score if you win as scum VS winning as town. And also receiving less penalty for losing as scum VS losing as town.
Hmmm, making it so that it's impossible for a team to win even with the best play doesn't sound like a good idea to me
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (4/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2021 10:32 am

Post by DeasVail »

Winning as scum is already a big advantage because you share the win with fewer people.

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”