Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2526 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:12 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 2501, Augustus Caesar wrote:Happy Birthday, Deas!

I haven't had the pleasure of playing with you before but I want you to know that I love your playstyle and really appreciate your presence in this game. You're a super chill and rational guy, and I even thought you were scummy for the lack of anger you showed when I was pushing you, but it just turns out you're a nice dude. I'd love to play with you again in future games after this one.

Have a good one!

Thank you so much! It is a pleasant surprise to hear this as I very much feel like a shadow of my former self when it comes to mafia, but I have really enjoyed playing with you too and will look out for your name when I play future games.
In post 2505, Augustus Caesar wrote:Me? I played last years and came in gimmick posting and got scumread for it lol. And then I started being stilted and awkward and was a wagon for most the day(as town). Things worked out though and we launched scum day 1 and day 2, and the final one day 6. I survived. I mostly had fun other than day 1.

I'm very happy to in this one and I've had loads of fun, it's just been a little stressful too recently knowing I'm the one kinda directing things and a lot of blame will be on me if I get this wrong. I do feel good about Creature but the
what ifs
are stressing me out
I don't like the blame game at all when it comes to these things! I just want to say that I have been grateful for and admired the effort you've put into this day phase and I largely agree with your reads have ended up. I think the main point of difference on our reads is that I would swap Ydrasse for Ari but other than that we are pretty aligned.

I don't feel confident about Creature's responses coming from scum but I can't bring myself to push another elim.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2527 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:12 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I realise that makes me sound less eager about a Creature elim than I am. I just... self-doubt
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2528 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:18 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 2495, Augustus Caesar wrote:If Creature flips town –
then monstro help me. It’s still one of Ari/Reck (probably Ari) and someone in the pentagon. I’ll just enter my final form and re-evaluate EVERYONE if I'm still alive though and we’ll be fine…
It's xofelf and Reckoner
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2529 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:19 pm

Post by Creature »

There, I solved the game.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2530 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:19 pm

Post by Creature »

Just lynch them afterward. Anyone else is a mislynch.
Sigh
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2531 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:11 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DV!!
In post 2515, The Bulge wrote:
In post 2385, xRECKONERx wrote:Ari's 2374 is the most town looking thing he's posted and it's giving me pause.
why? I agree it looks good but, like, to me that says absolutely zero about his alignment in team mafia.
Calling me town over and over again when I've been his biggest detractor the entire game doesn't feel like a particularly scum-motivated play to me
That being said, he did have an entire team behind him helping him with that post and it wasn't the first time he'd been under pressure this game

Creature's insistence of it being me/xof is odd, and if this flips red it gives me extreme pause on my xof read.

I don't know what the votes are at right now. The Ari wagon *once again* got to L-1 then completely evaporated. I don't fully understand why that keeps happening or what it means.

@MOD Pls votecount pls
green shirt thursdays
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #2532 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:55 am

Post by Isis »

Votecount 3.5
  • Augustus
    Caesar (He/Him)
    (0)
  • Aristophanes (He/Him)
    (2) xRECKONERx, Ydrasse
  • Ydrasse
    (She/Her)
    (0)
  • Creature (He/Him)
    (4) Adorable, DeasVail, Augustus Caesar, The Bulge
  • xofelf (They/Them)
    (0)
  • DeasVail (He/Him)
    (0)
  • The
    Bulge (Any/Any)
    (0)
  • Adorable (She/Her)
    (0)
  • xRECKONERx (He/Him)
    (1) Creature
Not Voting (2): Aristophanes, xofelf
With nine alive, it takes five votes to make a decision.
(expired on 2021-03-02 05:00:00)

"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Augustus Caesar
Augustus Caesar
Goon
Augustus Caesar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2533 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:41 pm

Post by Augustus Caesar »

Wow, Isis. Thought you could sneak that VC past me without expecting a diary of my progress in MonsterTrain, huh? Well, THINK AGAIN

Spoiler: Beware - Powersolving inside
easiest game of my life (beat the tutorial)

I'm already thinking more minion cards are better than pure damage cards. Also, this guy reminds me of good old blood imp

Slay the Spire has taught me that free cards are usually great

Can't I just put this guy at the top floor and let him STACK

The shopkeeps in these rogue-likes only get weirder and weirder lol

We're going all in on the unkillable steelworker

You'll never stop working that steel, worker

This poor dark souls guy doesn't stand a chance. oh, I guess I should've put the tanky guy at the front huh (realised after the fight)

This train is steamrolling all the way to Hell (or Heaven, can't remember where I'm going)

Spoiler: Forbidden Game Things during my vacation
@Deas: Happy to hear that! And I have a lot self-doubt as well, but I feel better about Creature flipping scum than I have anyone else during this day phase, so let's PULL THE TRIGGER

Spoiler: To Creature
I like your current avatar more than all of the others you used to have of that dragonite. This one's more spooky and
cool

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2534 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Uhh hmm.

Okay, intent to hammer.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2535 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I know we already got a claim mostly giving space if anybody else wants to chime in.
green shirt thursdays
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2536 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:38 pm

Post by Creature »

xofelf being scum is almost a given. No other scumteam makes sense without them.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2537 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:39 pm

Post by Creature »

I strongly lean Reck being the third one, but I'm not as sure as xofelf.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2538 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:39 pm

Post by Creature »

Still trying to compute who else it could be other than Reck.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2539 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:39 pm

Post by Creature »

Perhaps only DeasVail
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2540 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:40 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 1909, DeasVail wrote:Ugh, I don’t know where the vote count is at but I’m town and this has actually been one of the most enjoyable games for me where I’ve felt more engaged than I have been in a game for quite a while so as much as it’s an AtE-like thing to say I would be disappointed if I were eliminated here!

I also think the thoughts on my approach to the RCE-slot don’t make much sense because why would I push him so hard as soon as he replaced in and then unvote after a silly claim? (Maybe so that I could say that, whatever)

Spoiler: Final reads with detailed explanations
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2541 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:47 pm

Post by Creature »

Aw man I thought DGB had a lot more material about xofelf's posts being mostly useless fillers.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2542 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 485, xofelf wrote:Hi sorry, the last few days have been a lot IRL. I know I had a couple of questions and comments directed my way which I'll get to as soon as I can. Got a couple of pages to catch up on too. Crossing my fingers that today is better.
In post 827, xofelf wrote:God, do I really only have 8 posts? Well, now I feel bad. I know I'm a less talkative player, but damn I didn't realize it was that drastic. Good news though, I think I've fixed my sleep schedule so I'll actually have time to really get into things.
In post 1102, xofelf wrote:Hi there, was busy when game started up.
I find it interesting that yesterday I was being looked at as being scummy if RCE was town and I hammered, but today now that he's not town, I'm scummy still? But also it was peta who was side-eying me for that hammer, if theoretically I was in fact scum, why the hell would I let that be the shot? I just look at all of these pieces and feel very:
I get Adorable didn't like my previous read on her, or apparently at all how I read anybody, but come on girl. This ain't it. Sirius is right, most of yesterday was gutreads, why are you singling me out for it? Is it just cuz I stated that's how I work or do you just dislike that I thought you and Summer could have been a team so much that you've got your teeth buried into it like a bulldog and you're never going to let it go?

I don't know what to tell you DV. I'm probably just overthinking posts in general. I'm trying to put effort in to be the most helpful I actually can be to make up for having a very broken care meter about most things lately. Sorry about that.

FWIW, Reck is right, really only Ceph is reading everybody else's games, he's our MVP. And is better at explaining me than I seem to be. The post about only having 3 days was not about RCE specifically, but rather the fact that personally I find it difficult to stay engaged with a mafia game, but so much less so when the entire game feels like they aren't engaging much at all. It takes me a lot of effort to any posts because either people are already saying what I want to say in so many more better words than I can and having my iso just be littered with "this" seems counterproductive, or I don't have anything new to contribute.

I remember I had some thoughts about some stuff I was going to post when day started but I have forgotten what they were. If I do remember, I'll come back with them.
In post 1108, xofelf wrote:Sorry man, lots of text that says nothing sums up my mafia play. Sometimes I have good points, but you kind of get train of thought directly.

I think nice and helpful is NAI. Her end of day felt frustrated, but in a way that felt like town watching the rest of town be idiots for not just killing the obvious scum target and worried that the vote wouldn't go through or another vote would happen. I know she had been put up as a flashwagon, but her reaction didn't read like it was caught scum but rather town being genuinely frustrated and mad that they were even a wagon at all when there was an obvious scum needing to die. It just felt like a genuine reaction to stupidity tbh. Not from a place of guilt.
In post 1153, xofelf wrote:Acknowledging the prod. But considering there was only a page and a half in the meantime, I didn't exactly feel there was a rush for me to do so earlier like I had initially intended. I was waiting for some more responses, but I guess I'll have to work with what I got, but tomorrow.
In post 1178, xofelf wrote:Or my entire day got eaten up and I am far too tired to give the post I intended to.

I will say, while I get why Creature is looking at my actions and reasoning them to be bad, I don't typically hammer at all in any game, I rarely vote for that matter. I was trying something new upon the recommendations of the only person in my team actually giving any sort of effort. Adorable I think has just been looking for anybody else to vote me first, so I'm not surprised by that one either.

Hoping today reset my caremeter enough that I can actually jump into this with some excitement. Also maybe I'll start my day with this rather than try to do it later in the day. That might be smarter.
In post 1432, xofelf wrote:Was planning to read over the slots I actually feel actively meh about, and then decide from there. I like to have an actual something to point at for a reason to vote rather than just "idk, feels good enough to me, rng it" and I don't have enough of that for anybody right now.
In post 1961, xofelf wrote:I know, and I'm sorry. I've had a lot of RL shit going on. I think the DV wagon is a mistake, I could get behind Ari I guess, but he's not in my top should die list. I know you're confident in your Ydrasse read, but I'm really not, and the more you harp on about how you're 100% right except for that one time, the more I feel even worse about your read. Cuz god, it just feels like she knows how to AtE you just right to save herself and I'm not buying it to be legitimately, I'm just not. Bulge's claim is a good one and I buy it. Datisi and Reck are my top town reads. Sirius is just a slot that isn't doing much, but like could actually just be town. Creature idk where to slot, but i dont' feel bad about it. I think I've explained feeling how i feel about Adorable.

So essentially, I am only down to vote Ari, Ydrasse, or Adorable. That's it. As it is, those are all slots that i feel like knowing their alignment will confirm a lot of things and make the game more solveable.
In post 2272, xofelf wrote:I've been dealing with a toothache since yesterday, hoping it gets less annoying where it doesn't interfere with thinking as much as it has been today. I will be back with thoughts when they're actually somewhat coherent again.
In post 2451, xofelf wrote:Very bad brain day today, sorry.

Am reading along, but long thoughts are a nope today.
Pretty much all the posts xofelf has been excusing for their absence.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2543 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by Creature »

Oops, I lied. I think I'm missing some.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2544 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:52 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 2392, xofelf wrote:but it doesn't quite feel like the same sort of lethargy the game is having.
A bad game read.

Town has just gone back into 7v2 with a dead PR which should be probably enough to at least bring town back to square zero and that's not counting the outed claims.

It feels like xofelf failed to tell how town would be feeling now.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2545 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by Creature »

Also it's funny because DGB was commenting xofelf seemed demotivated in D2 when town had a way clearer advantage than today.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2546 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 1630, xofelf wrote:Like, okay, look.
Filler
I think we go about looking at reasoning fairly differently.
Fencesitting
Like if you said would Ydrasse do this, I might think about it.
Fencesitting
But like, there's a lot of stuff that isn't outside of the kind of things scum would do to look town.
Not solving
Like playing in a way to appear like a poor player is entirely within the realm of things people can and do often do.
More filler
Like I look at Ydrasse's behaviour here, and a lot of her interactions with people specifically look like trying to behave a certain way with certain people to get specific emotional responses.
No real conclusion at all
Like, the people she knows, if she says this thing in this way to them, then it'll give them good feelings and vibes so of course she has to be town, right?
No real opinion here
I'm not saying town doesn't do that either, but there is something about the way she does these interactions that feel like a performance or almost gamebotty to borrow an LSG term, it's like if I put enough of the feelings coins into the interaction slot, town reads will pop out.
Also no real conclusion
Maybe Ceph is wrong, but like, I'm playing with him because I trust his reads much more due to more experience than I have.
Again no solve here
And something just sticks out in a way that doesn't gel right.
More fencesitting
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2547 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 1057, xofelf wrote:Ceph said that if it were him he'd yeet RCE, so sure. I don't know much about balance, but a N1 vig claim doesn't sit right with me, too convenient. And I really want some sort of concrete information, so:

VOTE: RCE
DGB has said something about this hammer being a clear bus because xofelf didn't seem to have any strong opinion on RCE and suddenly they decide to hammer them which feels like xofelf realized RCE was already beyond save and had to grab some cred.
Sigh
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2548 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:21 pm

Post by DeasVail »

The hammer is the only convincing point imo.

I don’t believe anything else to be alignment-relevant and I don’t actually get the impression that you believe in the read all that much either?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2549 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:23 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Essentially picking apart xofelf’s posts in component parts to analyse does not feel like something that would be considered useful. It kind of comes across to me as a way to try and communicate investment in your read but there’s clearly a lack of investment there.

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”