Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5850 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:16 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

to make the timings clear and why this not being picked up on/Gamma not being replaced during the night was a problem

-Gamma was active until the 15th
-Gamma posted once on the 20th
-Night started on the 25th
-Night ended on the 30th

Gamma hadn't been online on the site at all for a 10 day period (visibly offline/followed up saying this was a siteflake) when that night ended (without them submitting a compulsive action to add another layer to it)
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5851 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:36 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5849, DkKoba wrote:its literally modding 101 to not let an afk slot through a night phase thats due for a prod.

like gross mistake that 100% ruined the integrity of the game. could town have still won here? yeah maybe.

but it was pretty much guaranteed when UT basically said "hey gamma is basically an IC here bc scum did submit a nightkill have fun"

don't think it needs to be said to someone who was allowed to be listmod but like you literally don't ever let a night phase resolve with a slot thats siteflaked like that. don't know if it was retaliation against being pressured to step down from the mod team but like as a game mod im disgusted to see that happen and hope it doesn't happen again next year.

i don't know how other TMs have gone but it feels like this year's has been plagued with issues with each game that at least my team at the time was playing. One toxicity wise, one replacement wise, one just having to restart and screw over the work of some people and just this one with the blatant handing of the win to town.
I repeatedly complained to the mod about toxicity in our game but they allowed it to continue. TM nerds to have a much lower threshold of acceptable behaviour wrt to TM because the consequences of replacing out are so much greater.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5852 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:38 am

Post by SirCakez »

I agree there were moderation issues here. The peach buying stuff was way too vague, the whole Gamma thing, the game running past deadline for arbitrary reasons. I feel bad for Zaiden b/c he was putting up a great game.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5853 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:38 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 5845, Jingle wrote:yw, MT, even if you did end up tearing my heart out and stomping on it as a scummy scumlord :P.
In post 406, Untrod Tripod wrote:Second, I would like to address this post:
This post does not confirm anything since editing photos is possible and easy to do. However, in my rules I state that the appearance of breaking a rule is the same as breaking a rule.
In post 0, Untrod Tripod wrote:
Even the appearance of breaking this rule counts as breaking this rule.

Either editing a screenshot to "prove" that you do not share a PT or posting a real screenshot that proves the same is strictly against site rules. It is akin to "posting your role PM" and posting what could either be an edited version of the sample role PM or the genuine article.

Do not do anything like this again. The most lenient potential consequences are removal from this event and a mafia ban.
This, btw, was the modspew that Zaiden/Gypyx wasn't S/S. The fact that UT posted that this was strictly against site rules but Gyp wasn't being punished for it meant that there was a reasonable doubt as to whether gyp realized what he'd done was bad (ftr, I think it's pretty obvious it was accidental). If Gyp had actively cut the scum PT from a screenshot in order to get an angleshooty partner clear it would be a cut and dry game ban for him (because, you know, cheating), and so it was impossible that Gyp/Zaiden could be scum together.
I didn't even notice this wow
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5854 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:41 am

Post by SirCakez »

On one positive note, I did enjoy how non-toxic this game was. Nobody got super angry or anything which seems to be an outlier these days.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5855 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:43 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 5853, SirCakez wrote:I didn't even notice this wow
It was one of the reasons I thought Zaidan was town actually
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5856 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:45 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5854, SirCakez wrote:On one positive note, I did enjoy how non-toxic this game was. Nobody got super angry or anything which seems to be an outlier these days.
You got lucky. I got stuck with the toxic dumpster fire from hell pretty much. :/
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #5857 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:07 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

I mean, town essentially got two lucky watcher shots and then the rest of the game was mountainous.
Scum would never be able to make the kills they made this game with a doctor in play.

Gyp/S-S teamclear wasn't really a useful thing.
Gamma not being replaced was pretty bad but Zaiden also didn't have to choose to focus on mechanically trying to eliminate him for it. He probably would have won if he didn't.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #5858 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:09 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Er, Zaiden/Gyp teamclear*
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5859 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:19 am

Post by SirCakez »

UT has a lot of shit going on irl too
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #5860 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:21 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 252, Pink Ball wrote:The only thing that could've been coached to Zaiden was pocketing me by creating a fun alliance, but I called him funny beforehand so it's not the case and he's legitimately funny.

Also, peaches are definitely pink balls
Hopkirk, if Zaiden doesn't read this, please tell him that I had a lot of fun playing with him and that he did me dirty being so much fun 'cause that's my weak spot. Tell him that I feel him, that this was an unfair game for him and he deserved better; not necessarily winning, but fair play.

And speaking of fair play, this is not only UT's fault. The players who stayed alive until the end are responsible too. You all guys abused of the fact that the mod was as apathetic as you. Have a little respect for the players who dedicated their time to this and put some effort, 'cause this game should've ended at least a month ago. Don't want to be harsh 'cause life's hard and y'all have your reasons, but if you don't feel like playing anymore, then leave, no one's forcing you against your will. "But I commited to my team", well you surely aren't doing them justice with your commitment.

Gamma, with love: if you're not feeling it, knowing your own history in this site, don't commit to long games. And if you do and you decide you don't want to play anymore, at least have some decency and tell someone you're leaving and help looking for a replacement before you leave. Don't make everyone wait you as we did.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #5861 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:23 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 5857, Cheetory6 wrote:I mean, town essentially got two lucky watcher shots
Mine wasn't lucky. SPF was an obvious night kill target from my point of view
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #5862 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:24 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

It was lucky based on odds.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #5863 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:29 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Everything is lucky based on odds. Both of us being alive and communicating via a forum based game is lucky based on odds
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #5864 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:31 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Yeah and I happen to think that the odds of them landing were pretty low.
Like obviously both of our watch shots were informed decisions, but there was a decent amount of luck for either of them to land at that point with that many players alive.

Run this setup 1000 times and you probably get one guilty most of the time and then a mountainous game.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #5865 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:37 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

You were the best player in the game.
I'm not saying you were just lucky and that you didn't make good decisions this game.
I'm just saying that the fact that town won was against the odds of the quality of the scumteam and the power roles that we had in play.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #5866 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:00 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Oh sorry Cheet I'm not coming from there, like you were insulting my play or anything. Getting two correct watcher shots with everyone being fruit vendors is in fact lucky. I just think that town as a whole played well at least at early and mid game so I wouldn't reduce the win to sheer luck.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #5867 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:06 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Oh yeah for sure, I was more coming from it in terms of it being mechanically lucky in isolation in the context of people being like "wow this was so unfair for scum" when we had very little else in terms of mechanical help this game beyond us getting those shots at the beginning.

Sorry I'm just on edge because I feel like I should just be here being like "wow gg everyone hope to play with you all again" but I'm stupid and for some reason care about this. Lol.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5868 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:10 am

Post by SirCakez »

wow gg everyone hope to play with you all again
There I said it for you Cheer :P
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5869 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:10 am

Post by SirCakez »

Cheet*
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #5870 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:10 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

wow gg everyone hope to play with you all again
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #5871 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:45 am

Post by Pink Ball »

I think it's fair to say something other than just that 'cause there's this feeling of lack of closure! Like "sorry scumteam, we played better at the begining, but you didn't get the chance to fight back even when you clearly intended to, and that's not your fault".

Trying to turn that into a more positive message, I'd just like to thank you all 'cause it was a fun game to play, as Cakez said, it didn't got as toxic as it could get, and there were remarkable moments that we could all come back to, like Zaiden and Maria's 1v1, Noraa calling me scum at the begining of day 2, Spring Breeze and Pooky's early interactions with each other as scum, to name a few.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #5872 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:52 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

pink ball wrote:which is great in a game where there's probably a watcher that, if competent enough, targeted SPF and not me
how about the crumb that made me feel sad after having watched you N1 :P
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #5873 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:59 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Bahahhahaha that was just me calling myself competent. I was a good watcher target from anyone else's point of view, but since SB flipped unstoppable kill, it was less likely that scum would shoot me on N1 (because of protective paranoia and SPF was a great shot too)
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #5874 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:02 am

Post by Pink Ball »

It would've so much fun that you watched SPF too and we were both like