Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5875 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:18 am

Post by Something_Smart »

For what it's worth, I agree these issues are pretty egregious. But, UT has been going through a pretty tough RL situation lately from what I can gather, and I think it's safe to say that errors like these are not at all common.

Zaiden played very well, and he was fun to play with. It would be a shame to lose him just because his first game happened to be run badly.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5876 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:11 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5875, Something_Smart wrote:
For what it's worth, I agree these issues are pretty egregious. But, UT has been going through a pretty tough RL situation lately from what I can gather, and I think it's safe to say that errors like these are not at all common.

Zaiden played very well, and he was fun to play with. It would be a shame to lose him just because his first game happened to be run badly.
+1

Hopefully his friends can convince him to reconsider.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5877 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:46 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 5875, Something_Smart wrote:

I concur
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #5878 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:23 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 5875, Something_Smart wrote:For what it's worth, I agree these issues are pretty egregious. But, UT has been going through a pretty tough RL situation lately from what I can gather, and I think it's safe to say that errors like these are not at all common.
I'm not saying that UT didn't have more important shit going, and I completely understand needing to prioritize RL over silly forum games.

That isn't to say that the poorly run things didn't happen, but honestly the takeaway is more how to prevent/handle them in the future than to lament over how they happened in the first place.

Honestly, Gypyx should probably have eaten a non alignment changing modkill because his post (unknowingly) used outside influences to put a higher onus of responsibility on Zaiden (Zaiden being limmed would have functionally IC'd a town player, which is outside the course of the game and presumably exactly why MC and I both had Zaiden as a townlean, because not modkilling the slot was unfair to specifically Zaiden scum). The rest of the moderation errors can be boiled down to UT didn't have the motivation or time to be running a complex setup and errors resulting from that, which is something that can happen to anybody. It's also why we as a site REQUIRE BACKUPS FOR LARGE GAMES.

In the future, I'd like to see the mods (or whoever they decide should be responsible for TM if they decide to go back to a community run event) have a backup and someone who is strictly there to advise on rules and not need to bother with the day to day running of the event (like ffery and I were for in the instance of TM I was on the team for) just to help things go smoothly because sometimes you need someone who isn't invested in the game to help make the tough modcalls.

WRT setup, I think it was clunky and more than a bit scumsided. The watchers actually turning out useful results in the midst of everyone's a vendor shenanigans was incredibly unlikely, the fruit mechanic was incredibly swingy based on which strategy town used to vend (and if there was one thing I took issue with in PB's play it was not outing that having lots of peaches gave additional powers) which was exacerbated by the optimal fruit strategy being directly counter to the optimal watcher strategy. The sman shot as a means of telling scum to avoid probable watcher targets was poorly implemented and implied the existence of a protective that never showed up.

FWIW, I too would like to see Zaiden come back and give the site another chance, because this really isn't the normal level of moderation on ms, but I understand if he doesn't want to.
This is a Parachute.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #5879 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:39 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Scum PT pls
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #5880 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 6:09 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 5829, Untrod Tripod wrote:Zaiden,
Mafia Semi-Godfather Compulsive Fruit Vendor
has been asked politely to leave on Day 8

Town wins.

I just moved across the country for a new job, and am currently without furniture and regular internet, in addition to doing job orientation stuff. Survey will be sent out soon along with anything else.

Thanks to everyone who stuck this one out. It was a bit of a slog towards the end. :lol:
phew, at least it's over. Winning is just a bonus to me atp
In post 5830, T-Bone wrote:I will be sending out the survey shortly, UT is still without good internet in his new place.
I'll try to fill this out if I can muster the energy ad enough opinions given I was extremely OOTL
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5881 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 6:11 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

I wouldn't worry about it Gamma:

viewtopic.php?p=12724758#p12724758
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #5882 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 6:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'm really sorry I ruined this with my absence
I definitely should have either acknowledged my issue by replacing out myself, or been force replaced much earlier. I have a bit of an issue where I try to pretend everything is okay and normal no matter how much I am struggling, up to the point where it's probably too late to recover.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”