Mini Normal 2024 - Day 2

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
DrDolittle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 27, 2011

Post Post #350  (ISO)  » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:30 pm

In post 294, Irrelephant11 wrote:I mean I didn't think that her misrepresentation of me is towny per se, but I also know that she's paranoid of me as town, and has done all the things I could potentially scumread her for here - when we were both town. That obviously doesn't *clear* her, but it doesn't make me suspicious in the same way it would if she were playing the same paranoid misreppy way around another player. Basically, I think the misrep was a misunderstanding in this case. Nauci doesn't need to go after me as the mislynch as scum, especially when it's getting her much more negative attention.


In post 294, Irrelephant11 wrote:This looks exactly like town Nauci so far - paranoid of me, anti-lurkers at first, trying to provide all her thoughts and reads when she can... We don't have many games between us atm, but I've seen her as both alignments, and nothing reminds me more of scum!nauci than town!nauci. It's possible she's putting on a performance as scum just for me, but I suspect she would want to change up her game, call it new meta, and not get so much heat for the way she plays the early game (this isn't the first time).



In post 342, Irrelephant11 wrote:I feel like other players are scumreading her just for the sake of scumreading her, so I'm calling that as I see it. I also like just said I would stop defending her, because it's possible I'm wrong. But inb4 someone sees me answering your questions here and is like "oOoOoh look he's still defending her, they're the team"
Spoiler: Quoting the stuff that made me feel this way
In post 82, Nauci wrote:IIRC, Mumble is a bit lurky but I don't remember too much about his games I've skimmed.

Town!NSG is a very capable player who will bleed towness as the game progresses. Haven't seen scum!NSG.

Town!chill is less town screaming and effort posting as NSG, but is quite capable as town. I haven't seen scumchilll before.

Rei adorkable posts afaik and I have no alignment indicative info to glean from that.

IDK any of the other players.

In post 163, Nauci wrote:
In post 152, ejjinami wrote:
In post 137, Nauci wrote:
In post 125, ejjinami wrote:
In post 98, Nauci wrote:I don't think it's a strong read but I agree with your BBT case

of course it's not
but if you agree, do you wanna switch to him? your pressure on irrel did exactly nothing and I don't think continuing it will do anything early d1. How about switching to the other players? who do you wanna lynch rn?


I kinda park on my RVS vote for a long time until I figure out where I want to go, and I haven't figured that out yet.
Ngl, I'm not a fan of that playstyle. If your pressure is doing nothing, don't waste time and just do sth else. You've gotta have some leans at this point of the game and it really won't hurt you to place a vote there.
I'm actually kinda thankful for you writing all that stuff about irre, but it's not something that can be sorted at the beginning of the game imo.
Can you post brackets or sth like that?


I actually reread the thread a couple of times Friday and Saturday to try and figure out where I wanted to pressure, but couldn't settle any where in particular among the people I don't town read, and think that Irrelephant isn't any worse or better than those wagons. I think the DDL wagon is more effective w/o the person he's voting on it, and I don't think Irrelephant has been towny yet and that he does respond to pressure.

I'd say my reads at the moment are

Slight Town Lean:

ejjnami
tchill
twain

Conflicted Null:

BBT
Mumble
DDL

Unknown null:

Irrelephant
Rei
Alchemist

Slight Scum Lean:

NSG
Lalendra
Kop

But with half of the game not having post much and a bias against lurkers, it's hard to say.

My experience with NSG is that she's more talkative later in the game but casually chatty in the beginning, but I thought she'd been kinda busy in general lately (though, that *is* weird to then /in games). I thought I'd wait until tomorrow since people are inactive on the weekends.

In post 164, Nauci wrote:Quick look up of the 3 players with 1 post only:

-NSG I've already talked about
-Lalendra seems to always be lynchbait (I mean, she's even got quotes about her in her profile on that) and doesn't post much (1x/day at most), with very little activity in the last few weeks
-Kop is slightly more active than Lalendra but also pretty quiet, and of few words

So that's disappointing.

In post 165, Nauci wrote:Actually it might seem slightly silly but the attention to detail from alchemist in in combination with his post about me has me slightly leaning town on him

In post 255, Nauci wrote:I'm feeling pretty good about Alch

Not super great about Rei, who I'm pretty sure has the capacity to step it way up

After doing this ISO though I agree her votes have mostly been pretty bad


:roll:

DrDolittle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 27, 2011

Post Post #351  (ISO)  » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:31 pm

In post 327, Irrelephant11 wrote:Someone explain the Nauci wagon to me, because I really don't think she's the scummiest player so far in a game with Kop, Lalendra, twain, DDL, and lurky!NSG???

Mumble even had a particularly bad progression of "Vote: Nauci" [no reasons given] --> Nauci posted --> "Look at this post! Vote her, she's scum" [no reasons given]

I'm not convinced this wagon has a better composition than the Mumble one did when it was criticized, either.


oops almost forgot this gem

Jackal711
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 24, 2011
Pronoun: He

Post Post #352  (ISO)  » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:39 pm

VOTE COUNT 1.7


Nauci (4) - Alchemist21, Mumble, BlueBloodedToffee, Lalendra
Mumble (2) - northsidegal, Irrelephant11
DrDolittle (2) - Rei, Nauci
Lalendra (1) - Tchill13
Kop (1) - ejjinami
Irrelephant11 (1) - DrDolittle
TWAIN (0) -
BlueBloodedToffee (0) -
Alchemist21 (0) -
ejjinami (0) -
northsidegal (0) -
Tchill13 (0) -
Rei (0) -

Not Voting: Kop, TWAIN

ACTIVITY NOTES:
Lalendra is noted to be permanently V/LA on weekends.
Rei has been prodded.

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is Thursday, August 16th at 11:00 am PDT which is in (expired on 2018-08-16 11:00:00)
Now Modding:
Mini Normal 2024 is in Day 2

Rei
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 06, 2018
Location: With my cousin Boris the alpaca
Pronoun: She

Post Post #353  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:20 am

In post 288, Nauci wrote:
In post 276, Rei wrote:I'm a bit surprised no one has asked me why I'm voting dr.dolittle when I gave 0 reason


I'll bite

Why? And what do you think of his posts since your vote?


He seemed really floaty tbh, and his reads were kinda shallow so i wanted to test the wagon
I still don't feel good about him tbh
It's mostly gut feeling but I feel like he's somehow just slipping there, and every time someone starts to suspect him or vote him the focus switches on someone else


In post 299, Alchemist21 wrote:I think Tchill is Town. I’d expect scum to play a bit more carefully than he has and not be hard-focused on a lurker.

Nauci wagon is still a great wagon.

It kinda feels like Irrelephant is trying to convince himself Nauci is Town more than he’s trying to convince everyone else. Like he wants to be in the game with her and doesn’t want her to be scum that gets knocked out early. Even though he’s defending her and pushing the CW it just doesn’t feel like scum motivation to me.


Can you explain why you think nauci is a good wagon?

Rei
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 06, 2018
Location: With my cousin Boris the alpaca
Pronoun: She

Post Post #354  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:20 am

In post 179, northsidegal wrote:hello hello hello!

first of all, i kind of think that nauci is town here. i know that mathdino had some secret tell to read her and i'm trying to think about if i'm remembering it right here, but i still think she looks pretty town anyways. why are people voting there? (@kop and @mumble specifically)

In post 350, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 294, Irrelephant11 wrote:I mean I didn't think that her misrepresentation of me is towny per se, but I also know that she's paranoid of me as town, and has done all the things I could potentially scumread her for here - when we were both town. That obviously doesn't *clear* her, but it doesn't make me suspicious in the same way it would if she were playing the same paranoid misreppy way around another player. Basically, I think the misrep was a misunderstanding in this case. Nauci doesn't need to go after me as the mislynch as scum, especially when it's getting her much more negative attention.


In post 294, Irrelephant11 wrote:This looks exactly like town Nauci so far - paranoid of me, anti-lurkers at first, trying to provide all her thoughts and reads when she can... We don't have many games between us atm, but I've seen her as both alignments, and nothing reminds me more of scum!nauci than town!nauci. It's possible she's putting on a performance as scum just for me, but I suspect she would want to change up her game, call it new meta, and not get so much heat for the way she plays the early game (this isn't the first time).



In post 342, Irrelephant11 wrote:I feel like other players are scumreading her just for the sake of scumreading her, so I'm calling that as I see it. I also like just said I would stop defending her, because it's possible I'm wrong. But inb4 someone sees me answering your questions here and is like "oOoOoh look he's still defending her, they're the team"
Spoiler: Quoting the stuff that made me feel this way
In post 82, Nauci wrote:IIRC, Mumble is a bit lurky but I don't remember too much about his games I've skimmed.

Town!NSG is a very capable player who will bleed towness as the game progresses. Haven't seen scum!NSG.

Town!chill is less town screaming and effort posting as NSG, but is quite capable as town. I haven't seen scumchilll before.

Rei adorkable posts afaik and I have no alignment indicative info to glean from that.

IDK any of the other players.

In post 163, Nauci wrote:
In post 152, ejjinami wrote:
In post 137, Nauci wrote:
In post 125, ejjinami wrote:
In post 98, Nauci wrote:I don't think it's a strong read but I agree with your BBT case

of course it's not
but if you agree, do you wanna switch to him? your pressure on irrel did exactly nothing and I don't think continuing it will do anything early d1. How about switching to the other players? who do you wanna lynch rn?


I kinda park on my RVS vote for a long time until I figure out where I want to go, and I haven't figured that out yet.
Ngl, I'm not a fan of that playstyle. If your pressure is doing nothing, don't waste time and just do sth else. You've gotta have some leans at this point of the game and it really won't hurt you to place a vote there.
I'm actually kinda thankful for you writing all that stuff about irre, but it's not something that can be sorted at the beginning of the game imo.
Can you post brackets or sth like that?


I actually reread the thread a couple of times Friday and Saturday to try and figure out where I wanted to pressure, but couldn't settle any where in particular among the people I don't town read, and think that Irrelephant isn't any worse or better than those wagons. I think the DDL wagon is more effective w/o the person he's voting on it, and I don't think Irrelephant has been towny yet and that he does respond to pressure.

I'd say my reads at the moment are

Slight Town Lean:

ejjnami
tchill
twain

Conflicted Null:

BBT
Mumble
DDL

Unknown null:

Irrelephant
Rei
Alchemist

Slight Scum Lean:

NSG
Lalendra
Kop

But with half of the game not having post much and a bias against lurkers, it's hard to say.

My experience with NSG is that she's more talkative later in the game but casually chatty in the beginning, but I thought she'd been kinda busy in general lately (though, that *is* weird to then /in games). I thought I'd wait until tomorrow since people are inactive on the weekends.

In post 164, Nauci wrote:Quick look up of the 3 players with 1 post only:

-NSG I've already talked about
-Lalendra seems to always be lynchbait (I mean, she's even got quotes about her in her profile on that) and doesn't post much (1x/day at most), with very little activity in the last few weeks
-Kop is slightly more active than Lalendra but also pretty quiet, and of few words

So that's disappointing.

In post 165, Nauci wrote:Actually it might seem slightly silly but the attention to detail from alchemist in in combination with his post about me has me slightly leaning town on him

In post 255, Nauci wrote:I'm feeling pretty good about Alch

Not super great about Rei, who I'm pretty sure has the capacity to step it way up

After doing this ISO though I agree her votes have mostly been pretty bad


:roll:


ok but what are you trying to tell us by this
do you mean how he said he didnt find her towny but then called her towny? If so I find it strange that in the first quote you highlighted the part that makes it seem like a contradiction
because when i read the rest of the paragraph it made sense to me and he says later that her being scummy is somehow scummy
If I'm wrong about what you meant then by all means correct me

Rei
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 06, 2018
Location: With my cousin Boris the alpaca
Pronoun: She

Post Post #355  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:22 am

mess i forgot to reply to nsg
@nsg can you explain the townread on nauci more

Rei
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 06, 2018
Location: With my cousin Boris the alpaca
Pronoun: She

Post Post #356  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:24 am

In post 351, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 327, Irrelephant11 wrote:Someone explain the Nauci wagon to me, because I really don't think she's the scummiest player so far in a game with Kop, Lalendra, twain, DDL, and lurky!NSG???

Mumble even had a particularly bad progression of "Vote: Nauci" [no reasons given] --> Nauci posted --> "Look at this post! Vote her, she's scum" [no reasons given]

I'm not convinced this wagon has a better composition than the Mumble one did when it was criticized, either.


oops almost forgot this gem


you mentioned before you see nauci/irrelephant
is it because he says she's town? do you see scum!irrelephant defending his partner so strong this early in the game

Rei
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 06, 2018
Location: With my cousin Boris the alpaca
Pronoun: She

Post Post #357  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:25 am

the fact that no one bothered to question why i voted dr.do until i called it out is seriously making me paranoid
like they didnt want to bring attention to my lynch

Rei
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 06, 2018
Location: With my cousin Boris the alpaca
Pronoun: She

Post Post #358  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:33 am

tbh i'm not really liking nsg so far
so far she's had a townread on nauci, and a lynch on mumble, neither have any specific reason
I haven't really played with her much, it was only once when I replaced at the end of a newbie and cased her but she was pretty obvious town since she got town to lynch a scum, but i remember her having a lot more content than this
I'm not sure if the reason I find her weird is because we're at the start but I'm hoping to see more of her opinion about other players

Nauci
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 10, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #359  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:31 am

Sorry guys I sat down to reread the game and broke out in hives for no reason (as I do frequently) and had to knock myself out with Benadryl; still sluggish

As the people who have played with me know though,.I have no problems towning it up hard as games progress, especially past d1, so I'll be back as soon as I can to dunk on scum

Alchemist21
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 05, 2014
Location: North Carolina
Pronoun: He

Post Post #360  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:21 am

@Rei I haven’t seen anything from Nauci to reverse my read and the CW to her also that formed also makes me think she’s likely scum.
Press Image to pay respects.

northsidegal
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 24, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #361  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:52 am

In post 358, Rei wrote:tbh i'm not really liking nsg so far
so far she's had a townread on nauci, and a lynch on mumble, neither have any specific reason
I haven't really played with her much, it was only once when I replaced at the end of a newbie and cased her but she was pretty obvious town since she got town to lynch a scum, but i remember her having a lot more content than this
I'm not sure if the reason I find her weird is because we're at the start but I'm hoping to see more of her opinion about other players

i participated in the team mafia tiebreaker where part of what we had to do was to read a day 1 and try to sort every player. nauci was in that game that everyone read. i remember scumreading her while my teammate (mathdino) convinced me that she was town (she was). i'm looking at the discussion we had right now and all of the reasons that i had for scumreading her are the same ones other people seem to have (fluff posting, not seeming to actually say much) whereas my teammate convinced me that her style of steam-of-consciousness posting was very town indicative. i didn't remember the specifics before but that's what it was.

also, mumble was playing to his scum meta before - it's really just as simple as that. i'm not sure if he still is but he definitely was before.

Irrelephant11
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: Western NY
Pronoun: He

Post Post #362  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:10 am

In post 360, Alchemist21 wrote:@Rei I haven’t seen anything from Nauci to reverse my read and the CW to her also that formed also makes me think she’s likely scum.


Why does the existence of a CW make someone scum? Honestly I'm not really scumreading either of the early wagons. Why is it unlikely they're both town (or why is that not true in this case)? Seems easier and randomly more likely to wagon two town early D1 than any other combination of two wagons

Alchemist21
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 05, 2014
Location: North Carolina
Pronoun: He

Post Post #363  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:16 am

Scum trying to defend their partner would make a counterwagon and this one did grow quickly. Though I am Townreading 2 that were on that CW and am null on a 3rd so I could be wrong.
Press Image to pay respects.

Tchill13
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 17, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #364  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:34 am

Lynch scumble or lynch lalendra.

Lalendra
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 02, 2015
Location: East Coast, United States
Pronoun: She

Post Post #365  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:02 pm

Got my prod and I have to say, I expected to come back to more than two pages. It's been a busy week, sorry I haven't been more active, but I'm here and will answer any questions people have for me. For now I'm still happy with my vote.
Show

Irrelephant11
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: Western NY
Pronoun: He

Post Post #366  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:03 pm

Lalendra what are your townreads

Tchill why do you want to lynch Lalendra

Irrelephant11
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: Western NY
Pronoun: He

Post Post #367  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:05 pm

In post 352, Jackal711 wrote:
VOTE COUNT 1.7


Nauci (4) - Alchemist21, Mumble, BlueBloodedToffee, Lalendra
Mumble (2) - northsidegal, Irrelephant11
DrDolittle (2) - Rei, Nauci
Lalendra (1) - Tchill13
Kop (1) - ejjinami
Irrelephant11 (1) - DrDolittle
TWAIN (0) -
BlueBloodedToffee (0) -
Alchemist21 (0) -
ejjinami (0) -
northsidegal (0) -
Tchill13 (0) -
Rei (0) -

Not Voting: Kop, TWAIN

ACTIVITY NOTES:
Lalendra is noted to be permanently V/LA on weekends.
Rei has been prodded.

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is Thursday, August 16th at 11:00 am PDT which is in (expired on 2018-08-16 11:00:00)


@Mod I'm voting Kop rn

Link to the post please? I checked your ISO and don't see it. -Mod
Last edited by Jackal711 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Irrelephant11
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: Western NY
Pronoun: He

Post Post #368  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:07 pm

Not sure NSG is actually playing much like her town meta this game. She showed up for like a minute twice so idk if that's enough to not be a lurker. I mean in this game it sort of is because there's multiple super-lurkers but I digress

Everyone should be voting Kop what are y'all doing?

Tchill13
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 17, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #369  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:29 pm

In post 366, Irrelephant11 wrote:Lalendra what are your townreads

Tchill why do you want to lynch Lalendra


Why don't you want to lynch lalendra?

Irrelephant11
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: Western NY
Pronoun: He

Post Post #370  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:56 pm

I'd like to hear your answer first

Tchill13
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 17, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #371  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:04 pm

OK we can just sit here then. Anything else you'd like to talk about?

Irrelephant11
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: Western NY
Pronoun: He

Post Post #372  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:07 pm

lol

@Mod: I'm V/LA on weekends

Nauci
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 10, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #373  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:42 pm

In post 367, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 352, Jackal711 wrote:
VOTE COUNT 1.7


Nauci (4) - Alchemist21, Mumble, BlueBloodedToffee, Lalendra
Mumble (2) - northsidegal, Irrelephant11
DrDolittle (2) - Rei, Nauci
Lalendra (1) - Tchill13
Kop (1) - ejjinami
Irrelephant11 (1) - DrDolittle
TWAIN (0) -
BlueBloodedToffee (0) -
Alchemist21 (0) -
ejjinami (0) -
northsidegal (0) -
Tchill13 (0) -
Rei (0) -

Not Voting: Kop, TWAIN

ACTIVITY NOTES:
Lalendra is noted to be permanently V/LA on weekends.
Rei has been prodded.

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is Thursday, August 16th at 11:00 am PDT which is in (expired on 2018-08-16 11:00:00)


@Mod I'm voting Kop rn

Link to the post please? I checked your ISO and don't see it. -Mod


Mid paragraph in

Nauci
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 10, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #374  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:43 pm

In post 361, northsidegal wrote:
In post 358, Rei wrote:tbh i'm not really liking nsg so far
so far she's had a townread on nauci, and a lynch on mumble, neither have any specific reason
I haven't really played with her much, it was only once when I replaced at the end of a newbie and cased her but she was pretty obvious town since she got town to lynch a scum, but i remember her having a lot more content than this
I'm not sure if the reason I find her weird is because we're at the start but I'm hoping to see more of her opinion about other players

i participated in the team mafia tiebreaker where part of what we had to do was to read a day 1 and try to sort every player. nauci was in that game that everyone read. i remember scumreading her while my teammate (mathdino) convinced me that she was town (she was). i'm looking at the discussion we had right now and all of the reasons that i had for scumreading her are the same ones other people seem to have (fluff posting, not seeming to actually say much) whereas my teammate convinced me that her style of steam-of-consciousness posting was very town indicative. i didn't remember the specifics before but that's what it was.

also, mumble was playing to his scum meta before - it's really just as simple as that. i'm not sure if he still is but he definitely was before.


Math still won't tell me what my town tells are lol

But it's good to know why I always seem to be suspected early game (except the two times I rolled scum)

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to New York