Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:40 pm

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

BTW I was curious if anyone was going to work the angle that I killed Nicolas Cage since he was after me, but interestingly nobody has tried that. That was going to be an instant scum read in my book.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:43 pm

Post by Sephiroth »

In post 1399, SuperfluousNinja wrote:@Sephiroth

Can you find it in yourself to understand why a new player vs the legendary 11-2 / undefeated scum king is going to approach scum king with a massive dose of uncertainty, standoffishness, and distrust, no matter how well you may present yourself as town? Do you understand why I'm so unwilling to really give you what you want?
First of all, thank you for posting those reads. Those were exactly what I was hoping to see.

Second, sure I can understand that even if I wouldn't say legendary. But it is odd to me that you would hesitate to provide a quick read list for that reason. Sharing what you think about other players is almost always going to help town a hell of a lot more than it helps scum. Plus you have me as a null read so I guess I would've expected that more if you were scum reading me. Anyways, as I said, you posted exactly what I was hoping and it will be very helpful in my attempts to figure this game out. I sincerely appreciate that you took the time.
Light Ethos wrote:
In post 1374, Sephiroth wrote:
In post 1372, Light Ethos wrote:
In post 1362, Sephiroth wrote:Its not a 'scum test', its probing the veracity of his narrative.
What narrative, and what about it isn't believable?
Narrative being your given reason for voting tictac to L-2. I didn't say it wasn't believable, I said I was probing its veracity. ie testing how well your story holds up to scrutiny.
Do you have more questions, or are you satisfied with your assessment that it doesn't hold up?
The vote still gives me weird vibes based on its quickness and relatively easy move to go to -2, but I don't disbelieve your stated reason. I'm scumreading you based on the AP vote at the beginning of the BEF wagon, and the vote on tictac just gave me weird vibes because in the world that I'm wrong about tictac I would expect to be right about you, which would be it would make sense for scum!you to push that tictac lynch. Its just one data point I'm considering but your previous suspicion of tictac totally checked out.
You are just a muppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain.
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:44 pm

Post by tictac »

Well, good morning to yall as well :lol:
In post 1292, Light Ethos wrote:I'm late to the start of the Day, but I'm down with a tictac lynch. I don't that tictac is being framed here, and the reason why he's being voted now aligns with why I voted for him in the first place. He hard defended Bright Eyed Fish's play without much cause and without BEF showing much more than active lurking.

VOTE: tictac L-2

PEDIT: @Doughboy: what was he apologizing for?
I thougth ya voted me because my philosophy of defending being ok was 'dangerous to town', I thought it was kinda a policy at the time.
I guess it would seem like a dangerous philosophy if ya trying to use it to defend a buddy by proxy. :P

As seph pointed out, that thing about Bright was prompted by ya.
Ya said yer reason was interest in my RCE read, but what ya actually asked me about was to compare Bright and RCE.
Dunno why yad form the question like that unless ya wanted me to go on about how town I thought Bright looked:P

Ya were the only person agreeing with my mathpost, giving ya a reason to not vote Bright / push against his lynch / still get distancing in :P
And today, math isn't a valid reason to vote someone less scummy, so I don't think ya actually agreed with it. Ya just wanted to not be voting bright.

so yeah
VOTE: Light

Also AP is so totally lying, going on about how he's gonna totes shoot a townie if he's lynched (he should be bragging about his reads)
..buut that's old news, an not gonna convince anybody who doesn't already believe. I'm getting bored of pushing him tbh.
all I wanna say is:
ABSOLUTELY ALWAYS LYNCH AP IF HE TAKES YA TO LYLO. THAT IS ALWAYS A GOOD STRAT EVEN IF YA BELIEVE HIM SOMEHOW.
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:46 pm

Post by tictac »

@Seph doesn't there have to be some kinda pressure involved in a chainsaw? dunno what ya think scum!me would achieve w that nick read?
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:48 pm

Post by tictac »

In post 1373, Sephiroth wrote: Light Ethos
Invisibility
agreed with these two.
Light is just obscumming all over the place

I have tic as town :lol:
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:51 pm

Post by tictac »

In post 1180, Light Ethos wrote: is a reasonable case, and the effort put in leads me to believe that only one of them can be scum.
I don't think scum!BEF buses scum!Sashaddin that aggressively here.
Expand on this please?
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:56 pm

Post by tictac »

In post 1404, tictac wrote:
In post 1373, Sephiroth wrote: Light Ethos
Invisibility
agreed with these two.
Light is just obscumming all over the place

I have tic as town :lol:
oh actually invis, only leans a bit scum, here. I had to include him for the joke to work.
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:04 pm

Post by tictac »

the reason I didn't speculate about neightbors/masons is cause PR-spec is bad btw.

was a bit irate that nick pointed out he couldn't be a mason.
thought counterfactual scum!dough might fakeclaim and we'd get a two in one
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:07 pm

Post by tictac »

In post 1400, SuperfluousNinja wrote:BTW I was curious if anyone was going to work the angle that I killed Nicolas Cage since he was after me, but interestingly nobody has tried that. That was going to be an instant scum read in my book.
So why tell us this, and not continue to wait if people accuse ya of it?
why was it gonna be an instant scumread?
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:17 pm

Post by tictac »

4 folks who think self-meta is a valid thing
Subject: Newbie 1811 | Plants! | Endgame
tictac wrote:I actually get why Nero might think I'm scum now.

Defending is not a super special thing I reserve only to highest of townreads. Check any of my games.

In my
first newbie
I defended
Vamp
from
HI
&
Not_Mafia
while also scumreading Vamp.
In my
latest Mini
I defended
ckd
from
camn
while scumreading them both.
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:23 pm

Post by tictac »

tbh I dunno why he preferred quickhammering to claiming the neighborhood. it's weird.
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:46 pm

Post by tictac »

dat nightkill is weird. you'd think they'd get rid of conftown dough.
maybe that neighbor thing didn't occur to them & we dealing with scumz that are not very bright?
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:56 pm

Post by Doughboy »

In post 1363, profii wrote:@AP - yeah reaction test

Towards the end of the day you posted that you were going to asses the slip but then rushed into dealing with it, so I put the vote on BEF basically to see if you would hammer it - I could tell Doughboy knew _something_ but because he didn’t come out and say neighbours I thought it was some bizarre scum defense - so even though I thought you were town I wondered if it was BEF/Dough/you all trying to slip out a lynch

Then he self hammered

I did think you were town now you are lock town for me
You couldn’t wait to hear from bef first though? That’s my issue. You town should have waited. Sure it worked out but that’s why I’m skeptical of you rn. The quick hammer was planned/coached.
Show
“Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood”

“Don’t hate the player, hate the game”

“I don’t give a fuuuuuućk
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:17 pm

Post by profii »

In post 1412, Doughboy wrote:
In post 1363, profii wrote:@AP - yeah reaction test

Towards the end of the day you posted that you were going to asses the slip but then rushed into dealing with it, so I put the vote on BEF basically to see if you would hammer it - I could tell Doughboy knew _something_ but because he didn’t come out and say neighbours I thought it was some bizarre scum defense - so even though I thought you were town I wondered if it was BEF/Dough/you all trying to slip out a lynch

Then he self hammered

I did think you were town now you are lock town for me
You couldn’t wait to hear from bef first though? That’s my issue. You town should have waited. Sure it worked out but that’s why I’m skeptical of you rn. The quick hammer was planned/coached.
can you clarify what this means?

You wanted me to not put someone at L-1 so that they said something else to, what? Claim neighbour (which you would have known would have happened)
this would have made people go 'oh, that explains the other thread, we wont lynch there' (I have openly stated that is the action I would have taken - I am certain I am not alone)
Therefore, your suggested course of action was to let a scum wagon die down and save BEF because you knew he was a neighbour.
My course of action was to L-1 him to test AP, sure, I will also openly state I/we got lucky that BEF panicked(?) and self hammered as I was not expecting that

but I put the L-1 on with the understanding I didn't think any of the players here were liable to lol-hammer.

I've either massively missed your point or you crazy.
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:25 pm

Post by Doughboy »

I thought he was town. You as town should have waited to hear from him explain his mistake. He said he was going to claim neighbor in the neighborhood so that was what I was waiting for. It now looks like he was coached to not try and fix it and instead self hammer which means he was definitely trying to make one of his scum buddies look good.
Show
“Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood”

Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:28 pm

Post by Doughboy »

And I think nic got killed over me because he was right about at least one other read.

His scums were bef and ninja and profli as idk. I wouldn’t be sad at all if we lynched one of those 2
Show

profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:12 am

Post by profii »

In post 1414, Doughboy wrote:You as town should
telling people how to play is what gets up peoples backs fyi.

anyway, I've said we got lucky and I didn't expect the self hammer - I also said had I waited I would have got off that wagon so I'm going to chalk this one up to luck and say I'm ok with a scum lynch overall - it cant always be an ideal perfect world where we all play doughboys version of mafia.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:13 am

Post by profii »

In post 1415, Doughboy wrote:And I think nic got killed over me because he was right about at least one other read.

His scums were bef and ninja and profli as idk. I wouldn’t be sad at all if we lynched one of those 2
personally I think NC got lynched because he came so close throughout day 1 and scum knew it would be tough to push it through.

you'll be next as you are 99% IC now.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:41 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1417, profii wrote:
In post 1415, Doughboy wrote:And I think nic got killed over me because he was right about at least one other read.

personally I think NC got lynched because he came so close throughout day 1 and scum knew it would be tough to push it through.

What? Why would it be tough to lynch a slot that was nearly lynched already?

I think Dough is right about Nic having reads that forced Scums hand. Alternatively it could have been one of his town reads or a slot defending Nic and they killed him for towncred.

Something else to think about, it could be a timebuying play for AP. It's not likely he is NKed before confirmed town gets shot so there isn't a reason to question him being alive.

Hadn't seen the day started and you guys added another 5 or 6 pages so give me a bit to parse through it.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:24 am

In post 1411, tictac wrote:dat nightkill is weird. you'd think they'd get rid of conftown dough.
maybe that neighbor thing didn't occur to them & we dealing with scumz that are not very bright?
So I haven't played a ton of mafia, but in my experience, the "huh what a weird night kill!" post comes from scum 100% of the time.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:28 am

In post 1408, tictac wrote:
In post 1400, SuperfluousNinja wrote:BTW I was curious if anyone was going to work the angle that I killed Nicolas Cage since he was after me, but interestingly nobody has tried that. That was going to be an instant scum read in my book.
So why tell us this, and not continue to wait if people accuse ya of it?
why was it gonna be an instant scumread?
They would have done it by now if they were going to. It's the sort of thing that would have to be a gameplan if it's done, not something that would be brought up a day later. The window for it is past.

It's an instant scumread because of how easy it is for me to see it as a play. (easy for me since I am aware of my alignment and know that only scum could confidently work an angle like that)
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:29 am

In post 1419, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 1411, tictac wrote:dat nightkill is weird. you'd think they'd get rid of conftown dough.
So I haven't played a ton of mafia, but in my experience, the "huh what a weird night kill!" post comes from scum 100% of the time.
This was the other scum tell I was waiting for, btw. Was planning to give scum cred to whoever made that post. And what do you know, it came from one of my top scum reads.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:31 am

In post 1410, tictac wrote:tbh I dunno why he preferred quickhammering to claiming the neighborhood. it's weird.
Why does this matter? He's scum AND he's dead; why would his motivations and actions make sense? What's the point of this post?
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:40 am

In post 1418, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 1417, profii wrote:

What? Why would it be tough to lynch a slot that was nearly lynched already?

I think Dough is right about Nic having reads that forced Scums hand.
If that's true, that means you think I'm scum then? Because his other major read was that I am scum.
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:41 am

Post by tictac »

In post 1419, SuperfluousNinja wrote:So I haven't played a ton of mafia, but in my experience, the "huh what a weird night kill!" post comes from scum 100% of the time.
do link yer experience.
Yer level of confidence here is weird for someone who has 3 completed games.
In post 1420, SuperfluousNinja wrote:They would have done it by now if they were going to.
I wasn't in the thread and ya scumreading me.
In post 1422, SuperfluousNinja wrote:Why does this matter? He's scum AND he's dead; why would his motivations and actions make sense? What's the point of this post?
Cause figuring out why scumz do the things they do is the point of this game?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”