Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:48 am

Post by Performer »

In post 1474, ofrhz wrote:
In post 1471, Performer wrote:Hm. Interesting interactions between FL, GE, AP. I keep thinking that there is one based on the flipped information for flubb & dva, as well as having an IC. Maybe I'm mistaken.
One what? One scum?
As in thinking there is a strongman. But I might be wrong according to the elaborations . Anyway , I should shelve it for my own notes . :neutral:
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:20 am

Post by ofrhz »

In post 1454, RCEnigma wrote: Do you have anything for a case against maxous in particular? Or did you just want to have two wagons?
Idk his case on AP was weird and not good. If I thought two of my three scumreads from d1 were likely wrong, the first thing I’d do coming out of the game in d2 isn’t to case my third remaining scumread from d1. Like maybe that’s just me.

Dva was also scumreading him yesterday though I don’t think she ever said why ( :evil: ), and I’m kind of sheeping this right now since her reads are >rand

I should probably do a metadive on max at some point but I’m kind of lazy rn

It’s not that I want two wagons running against each other necessarily. I don’t really like either the AP or the profii wagon

AP:
- Based on a skim of flubber’s last two scumgames, he doesn’t seem inclined to throw his partners into the spotlight like he sort of did with AP yesterday.

- AP’s reasoning behind his flubb vote was that he had no strong scumreads. I think that’s an okay reason to jump on a wagon, so idk why max said AP voted without explanation there. And maybe it’s just me, but it wasn’t obvious that the Flubbernugget wagon was going to take off when AP jumped on.

- Also this is kind of a stretch but AP knows I’m an easy mislynch, especially when I’m under pressure, so I guess him not jumping on my counterwagon earns him another townpoint.

Profii:
- Flubber’s interactions with profii didn’t seem partner-y. Idk how to explain that further lol

- If you go into profii’s post history, he consistently uses the word “informed” in lieu of “tmi” throughout all of his games. So I don’t think him throwing out the word is a good reason to scumread him

I’m basically looking for a better wagon than these two rn
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:28 am

Post by AP »

In post 1472, Performer wrote:@AP other than max/prof/me, what's your scum pool looking like now.
Who says you're in my scum pool? I said ONE scum in that pool, so why do you think it refers to you in precise?
YEAH BABY YEAH!
Oh, behave :]
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:32 am

Post by AP »

@Performer: From the wiki..

"Rolestoppers are considered Normal on mafiascum.net. A Rolestopper cannot block a Strongman from committing a kill, but blocks all other roles from targeting the same person as them."

This is a NORMAL, and there's been talk about having a standard role PM for each Normal Role. As such, it could very well be the mod decided to use as close a phrasing as it is to the role description in the wiki for the lack of an existing standard PM on the wiki page. I also could be wrong.
YEAH BABY YEAH!
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:37 am

Post by profii »

In post 1477, AP wrote:
In post 1472, Performer wrote:@AP other than max/prof/me, what's your scum pool looking like now.
Who says you're in my scum pool? I said ONE scum in that pool, so why do you think it refers to you in precise?
Do you have a particular scum read?
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:49 am

Post by Performer »

In post 1479, profii wrote:
In post 1477, AP wrote:
Do you have a particular scum read?
:up:
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:12 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

Vote Count 2.1xx2008(1):Nosferatu;

Performer(0):

Carcalilly(0):

Maxous(2):profii;ofrhz;

Garmr(0):

Saudade
Inferno390
(0):

Nero Cain
Creature
Shortaru
(0):

Sephiroth(0):

Nosferatu(0):

Gamma Emerald
FA_Q2
(0):

AP(1):Maxous;

Shattiel
DS
(0):

Completly Trustworthy(0):

Flavor Leaf(0)
:

profii(2):Completely Trustworthy;Garmr;

RCEnigma(0):

ofrhz(0):

NoLynch(0):

Not Voting(11):Saudade;Nero Cain;RCEnigma;Shattiel;xx2008;Sephiroth;Gamma Emerald;AP;Carcalilly;
Flavor Leaf
;Performer;

With 17 alive it is 9 to lynch.

Day 2 will end in (expired on 2018-11-22 16:00:00) or when a lynch is achieved.
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:36 pm

Post by AP »

I am leaning Maxous over you two. Performer's views today look too weird to come from scum, whether informed or not. They're drawing way too much attention his way for no good reason. Profii I am less certain about because he voted me then flipped on Maxous. I dunno if that was a thoughtless town move or an elaborate scum move, but I'm still leaning the former and I am not yet ready to vote him either.

Maxous' leading the wagon on me and doubling down on an already bad case with more bad arguments is yucky. Looks like scum who shot themselves in the foot and can't find a way to retract.
YEAH BABY YEAH!
xx2008
xx2008
Goon
xx2008
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:06 pm

Post by xx2008 »

Does IC mean a role that is revealed at the start of the game?
What does a strongman do?
I haven't heard of them before, but I always keep forgetting to ask.
xx2008
xx2008
Goon
xx2008
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:09 pm

Post by xx2008 »

@fl, you hammered flubber day1 very quickly without waiting for his claim. Were there any reasons other than the ones you stated day1 for doing so?
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:20 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 1483, xx2008 wrote:Does IC mean a role that is revealed at the start of the game?
In post 1484, xx2008 wrote:@fl, you hammered flubber day1 very quickly without waiting for his claim. Were there any reasons other than the ones you stated day1 for doing so?
These are very, very weird questions to ask. Anyway, an IC revealed means that person is the designated Inexperienced Challenged guy for the game. A strongman just means a role that is strong enough that, if he targets a tpr, he ends up wiping out the rest of the tprs in the game. Sad and super powerful , I know.

I reviewed Varsoon, FL, and your game where you were tpr Town Tracker with my friend James Doakes the jk. I didn't get a newbie vibe like the one you have in this game. GE somehow tr on you and I don't recall ap mentioning a read on you.

AP what do you think of xx & my case on him. He's in my scum pool. Why on earth he wavered on you and flubb, is suspicious.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:17 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I was the IC for like two of xx’s newbie games, and I ended tunneling him both times, and he was the both times.

Here I’m lowkey town reading him, so idk if that means he’s scum.
Carcalilly
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by Carcalilly »

Prodge, not feeling too good today, I'll try to post something meaningful tomorrow
"don't be carcasilly" -
RadiantCowbells
xx2008
xx2008
Goon
xx2008
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:30 pm

Post by xx2008 »

In post 1485, Performer wrote:
In post 1483, xx2008 wrote:Does IC mean a role that is revealed at the start of the game?
In post 1484, xx2008 wrote:@fl, you hammered flubber day1 very quickly without waiting for his claim. Were there any reasons other than the ones you stated day1 for doing so?
These are very, very weird questions to ask. Anyway, an IC revealed means that person is the designated Inexperienced Challenged guy for the game. A strongman just means a role that is strong enough that, if he targets a tpr, he ends up wiping out the rest of the tprs in the game. Sad and super powerful , I know.

I reviewed Varsoon, FL, and your game where you were tpr Town Tracker with my friend James Doakes the jk. I didn't get a newbie vibe like the one you have in this game. GE somehow tr on you and I don't recall ap mentioning a read on you.

AP what do you think of xx & my case on him. He's in my scum pool. Why on earth he wavered on you and flubb, is suspicious.
Why do you think they are weird questions? I have heard of the IC role under a different name before, but I have never heard of a strongman. I didn't think it was much of a different role at first, but things started to get a little confusing, so that's why I asked.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:30 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1487, Carcalilly wrote:Prodge, not feeling too good today, I'll try to post something meaningful tomorrow
get well soon
xx2008
xx2008
Goon
xx2008
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:32 pm

Post by xx2008 »

I haven't played games this large before, so this is a pretty new experience. Newbie-type games I have been playing before I joined mafiascum.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:52 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1490, xx2008 wrote:I haven't played games this large before, so this is a pretty new experience. Newbie-type games I have been playing before I joined mafiascum.
Ahh yeah this will have different roles. The use of IC in this game means Innocent Child, and yes it just means FL was revealed by mod to be town. Strongman can attack through protections.

FL thinks you're town and you might die for it. What do you think about profii, performer, and maxous?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:32 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Yeah, Innocent Child is the IC we’re referring to here. Basically just means ‘mod confirmed town’
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:27 pm

Post by AP »

In post 1485, Performer wrote:AP what do you think of xx & my case on him. He's in my scum pool. Why on earth he wavered on you and flubb, is suspicious.
I have no idea where he came up with these questions nor why he kept silent about them for so long. OK, strongman was only brought up today, but IC was revealed at the start of the game, so why did he wait for a whole game day and then a game night to remember to ask now.

Furthermore, he could've asked the mod what IC meant here.

My tinfoil theory now is he waited for the night phase to ask his scum buddies and they thought it was a good idea that he would ask these questions (or rather the one about the IC in particular) in thread to appear clueless. But this also means the scum team is fairly inexperienced because any experienced player would know it looks hella weird.
YEAH BABY YEAH!
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:29 pm

Post by AP »

In post 1490, xx2008 wrote:I haven't played games this large before, so this is a pretty new experience. Newbie-type games I have been playing before I joined mafiascum.
This has nothing to do with the fact you slept on the IC question for the entire cycle (D1/N1) and suddenly remembered to ask now!! It wasn't even something you could have overlooked and only tripped over while rereading. It was literally the first act of the game.
YEAH BABY YEAH!
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:42 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

To be fair I played in a game with an inno child and Everytime IC was brought up I thought inexperience challenged but didn't want to ask. It's a weak read to attack that regardless.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:30 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I think scum reading Xx for not knowing IC in this context isn’t the right path. I’m town reading him for it.

On top of that, I was literally the IC, inexperience challenged, for both newbie games that Xx played in.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:32 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I understand his thought process here.

I’m ingrained in his head as IC, so when it was being talked about it differently here, it makes sense for him to ask us directly. I also think as scum, he’d have put it together, and him asking us in thread is actually townie, but not scum projecting townie townie.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:53 pm

Post by profii »

In post 1482, AP wrote:I am leaning Maxous over you two. Performer's views today look too weird to come from scum, whether informed or not. They're drawing way too much attention his way for no good reason. Profii I am less certain about because he voted me then flipped on Maxous. I dunno if that was a thoughtless town move or an elaborate scum move, but I'm still leaning the former and I am not yet ready to vote him either.

Maxous' leading the wagon on me and doubling down on an already bad case with more bad arguments is yucky. Looks like scum who shot themselves in the foot and can't find a way to retract.
I can tell you my exact thought process as I read the the thread following start day 2

1. Day 1 too long to reread, can’t be bothered let other people point stuff out :lol:
2. Saudade is actively sheeping FL still and nothing else. We should remove this from the game as it will be scum seeing how long he can coast for - I am p. Sure I have seen Saudade himself admit he did this in a scum game once, so hence the vote - also
this would be a great vig shot

3. Maxous made a push on you which looked good on the face of it, so I voted, no one seemed to be going Saudade
4. I did actually check Maxous ISO and his case on you became quite ironic as he did all the things he said you did, but worse imo

On reflection - I’m voting Maxous as a compromise to work with people, Saudade is the best lynch but people need to think about it - might go and find that previous game where Saudade said he scum coasted and got away with it
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:16 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1498, profii wrote:
In post 1482, AP wrote:I am leaning Maxous over you two. Performer's views today look too weird to come from scum, whether informed or not. They're drawing way too much attention his way for no good reason. Profii I am less certain about because he voted me then flipped on Maxous. I dunno if that was a thoughtless town move or an elaborate scum move, but I'm still leaning the former and I am not yet ready to vote him either.

I can tell you my exact thought process as I read the the thread following start day 2

1. Day 1 too long to reread, can’t be bothered let other people point stuff out :lol:
2. Saudade is actively sheeping FL still and nothing else. We should remove this from the game as it will be scum seeing how long he can coast for - I am p. Sure I have seen Saudade himself admit he did this in a scum game once, so hence the vote - also
this would be a great vig shot

3. Maxous made a push on you which looked good on the face of it, so I voted, no one seemed to be going Saudade
4. I did actually check Maxous ISO and his case on you became quite ironic as he did all the things he said you did, but worse imo

On reflection - I’m voting Maxous as a compromise to work with people, Saudade is the best lynch but people need to think about it - might go and find that previous game where Saudade said he scum coasted and got away with it
So his sheeping FL day one was ok, but you voted him day 1. Now that vote was serious. While I agree saudade isn't productive, I don't think it's a good lynch yet. I don't think Maxous is a good lynch now either.

Every reason I scumread him for (except a read on Shattiel that ties them) has been addressed and I like his early activity.

I feel like a lot of my reads have flipped and a lot of scum may be lurking in my town pile. I'll still keep dvas masonblock alive though.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”