Large Normal 217 (Night 1)

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Chateau Lobby
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: October 30, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #475  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:33 am

In post 474, Persivul wrote:
In post 470, Clemency wrote:where's the rest of it

Exactly. :)

CL's response to that:
In post 375, Chateau Lobby wrote:Less is more.

I don't mind votes...but I'd like actual cases to go along with them. Kinda helps people sort things out later after flips.


How did you put it before?
Hmmmm....
Let me think...

Squirming?

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #476  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:46 am

Yes, in .

Xtoxm
EBWOXM
 
User avatar
Joined: November 30, 2007
Pronoun: He

Post Post #477  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:48 am

Pers. You've posted enough that I feel like I should have got something town from you. What's your vote on springtap about?
you havent done fucking anything ever in this game.
if this is your towngame you should be embarrassed, feel bad and promptly stop signing up for games. -- Gorkington

Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #478  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:52 am

In post 451, Chateau Lobby wrote:
In post 450, stan1ey wrote:No i agree with xtoxm, i think he could be scum but we might as well wait as see and lynch elsewhere


Yes, you agree with xt, who agrees with overkill.
A=B
B=C
A=C


In post 452, stan1ey wrote:Nope youre wrong: xtoxm doesnt agree with overkill. Overkill says his role is self confirmable, xtoxm says that because overkill role is confirmable we might aswell wait and see, and thats what i agree.

That does not xtoxm agrees with overkill and therefore i agree with overkill

Do you agree with Stanley's rebuttal?

Chateau Lobby
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: October 30, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #479  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:54 am

No. Overkills claim was fake.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #480  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:04 am

In post 477, Xtoxm wrote:Pers. You've posted enough that I feel like I should have got something town from you. What's your vote on springtap about?

Three things:
- he hasn't done any scum hunting, as I've noted
- partially just a "Fuck you" to
- I feel pretty good about it because Una, who's one of my townier reads, later voted there for awhile.

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #481  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:05 am

In post 479, Chateau Lobby wrote:No. Overkills claim was fake.

The rebuttal isn't based on the truth of overkill's claim.

Sashaddin
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2018
Location: Canada
Pronoun: He

Post Post #482  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:32 am

In post 437, stan1ey wrote:UnAh makes a very good point in 407. Sasha says he scumreads Overkill because he trusts those on the wagon but his post suggests the only one he trusts is NM:
In post 412, Sashaddin wrote:Not_Mafia: third game with him iirc, I trust him the way he posts again. I don't see why he's not trustable (well I thought that the first game but now I know him).

@Sasha why do you trust him?

All he is done all game is push for overkill and post memes, and youre scumreading overkill based on this? i cant see how anyone can have anything other than a null read on NM so this looks like youre covering up for 407

In post 412, Sashaddin wrote:You are right I didn't add Clemncy. Must I absolutely townread everyone on my wagon? You said yourself that there could be scum on it...

Ofc you dont, but its what you said here:
In post 389, Sashaddin wrote:Right now, I'd go for Overkill or A50. The first one because I trust some on the wagon and his situation seems murky.

Im also pretty sure UnaH is town this game based on my (albeit limited) experience playing a game with him before, and at first I didnt think much of Sashas reply to my question but UnaH has made a very good point in 407 and sashas reply didnt do him any favours so id be willing to vote here

I trust Not_Mafia because in the games I've played with him, he had a really good eye. His style is unorthodox, but so far I'm sure he's town and can be relied on. Call it 50/50 experience and gut feeling. But I admit he's hard to read.

But... you say yourself above you trust UnaH playing 1 game with the guy; while this is at least the 3rd time I play with N_M. Yet you scumread for all this? Come on.

Sashaddin
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2018
Location: Canada
Pronoun: He

Post Post #483  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:34 am

In post 409, UnaBombaH wrote:..and if we get a townflip forget I said anything. :roll:

...and if we get a townflip I get a free t-shirt with this mislynch.

Xtoxm
EBWOXM
 
User avatar
Joined: November 30, 2007
Pronoun: He

Post Post #484  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:39 am

2 votes is a little early to start the ate
you havent done fucking anything ever in this game.
if this is your towngame you should be embarrassed, feel bad and promptly stop signing up for games. -- Gorkington

Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50

stan1ey
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 11, 2018

Post Post #485  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:42 am

Dont give me that you know that makes no sense. I played a game with UnAh where he was mafia and it was incredibly easy to spot and he is playing a lot differently here. I had a look through a few of NMs games and he plays the same way everytime, so dont say these are the same thing. IDC how good of an eye he has for catching scum when i have no way of knowing if he is town or scum that fact becomes irrelevant and saying its 50/50 experience and a gut feeling is just an excuse to not explain the read
VOTE: Sashaddin

Persivul
His Majesty the King
 
User avatar
Joined: May 04, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #486  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:50 am

In post 482, Sashaddin wrote:But... you say yourself above you trust UnaH playing 1 game with the guy; while this is at least the 3rd time I play with N_M. Yet you scumread for all this? Come on.

Una gives reasons for what he does. NM doesn't. Big difference.

Sashaddin
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2018
Location: Canada
Pronoun: He

Post Post #487  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:00 am

In post 485, stan1ey wrote:I played a game with UnAh where he was mafia and it was incredibly easy to spot and he is playing a lot differently here.

What was different? :?:

stan1ey
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 11, 2018

Post Post #488  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:08 am

He was acting very confident and his posts were patronising and suggested he knew more than others even though his arguments made no sense and were clearly manufactured, very very different to how he has played this game

Now since you asked me and I answered, what makes you think NM is town this game based on your experience?? Because it seems to me he plays the exact same way every game

Sashaddin
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2018
Location: Canada
Pronoun: He

Post Post #489  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:35 am

In post 488, stan1ey wrote:He was acting very confident and his posts were patronising and suggested he knew more than others even though his arguments made no sense and were clearly manufactured, very very different to how he has played this game

Now since you asked me and I answered, what makes you think NM is town this game based on your experience?? Because it seems to me he plays the exact same way every game

So far he's done exactly the same as before: piling on good wagons and pointing out the bad ones; the guy got good reads usually. I imagine if he were scum one of these would change and since he plays a lot someone would probably have had some doubts on him too. It's more of a environmental situation than an isolated read on the guy, if you can understand what I'm trying to express (English is my second language).

This is my first large game, I only played minis before. When I asked if I was ready to play larges, I was told to spot a read you trust and sheep. I tried to scum read Chateau, couldn't. Same with N_M and Percivul. Of those 3 , only Chateau is new to me. Percy plays the same as last game so I can trust him as well. That's why I felt good on that wagon, even though I didn't fully understand Overkill's claim and what it meant.

Trying my best to answer you.

Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
 
User avatar
Joined: February 05, 2014
Location: Whitney's Gym
Pronoun: He

Post Post #490  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:25 am

What's the most sensible river in France?

The seine
Stomp/Attract/Milk Drink/Rollout

ClemencyHappy Birthday!
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 15, 2016
Location: Jupiter
Pronoun: He

Post Post #491  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:26 am

god gless
I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream.
Check out the Paradigm Shift Podcast!

Sashaddin
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2018
Location: Canada
Pronoun: He

Post Post #492  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:40 am

In post 490, Not_Mafia wrote:What's the most sensible river in France?

The seine

You're not helping my case, dude! :lol: :lol: :lol:

UnaBombaH
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 27, 2017
Location: Finland
Pronoun: He

Post Post #493  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:04 am

In post 436, Chateau Lobby wrote:Una,
Why R U protecting Overkill?
My current lynch order is Sashaddin -> anyone and everyone else.

Assume Sashaddin flips town -> I'm going to default back to Overkill, especially if he goes through with a stupid fakeclaim for N1 actions.
(I'm good at sniffing Tauruspoop when it comes to fakeclaims and claimed actions. :] )

Overkill ought to be lynched because of a shaky claim and next to no town-posts.
Sashaddin should be lynched because of a very telling and obvious scumpost. :cop:
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una

Sashaddin
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2018
Location: Canada
Pronoun: He

Post Post #494  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:10 am

In post 493, UnaBombaH wrote:Sashaddin should be lynched because of a very telling and obvious scumpost.

I'll be snickering in the dead thread when you take that cop hat off.

Sashaddin
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2018
Location: Canada
Pronoun: He

Post Post #495  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:11 am

Hey, UnaH, look at my meta and tell me if I had a game with a good Day 1. Hint: I never do.

UnaBombaH
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 27, 2017
Location: Finland
Pronoun: He

Post Post #496  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:12 am

In post 444, Chateau Lobby wrote:
In post 323, UnaBombaH wrote:Overki11 is likely never able to conf.town to us anyway, so delaying their lynch until ??? seems stupid.


Last post quoted strange.
Stupid phone posting.

This is quote I wanted.
I made this post with the idea of "Overkill is going to be lynched D2 anyway".
Not that he should be rushed down D1. :]
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una

UnaBombaH
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 27, 2017
Location: Finland
Pronoun: He

Post Post #497  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:19 am

In post 494, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 493, UnaBombaH wrote:Sashaddin should be lynched because of a very telling and obvious scumpost.

I'll be snickering in the dead thread when you take that cop hat off.
Sure, you can do that no matter what you flip. :]
I don't have much of an ego when I play Mafia, although it might sometimes seem like I do.

In post 495, Sashaddin wrote:Hey, UnaH, look at my meta and tell me if I had a game with a good Day 1. Hint: I never do.
Posts like these only make me want to lynch you more.
And that is even while I often have shaky D1's myself and I used to be very lynchbait-y every D1/D2.
Simply because there was so little to push and scumhunt, so I ended up generating content which got me scumread.
But it still helped ME find the actual scum while I was the target for their pushes.
Your post pinged me straight away as scummy, and none of the posts you have made since, have been able to shake that read.

Assuming you are town however..
You now have the unique position to get to scumhunting based on the content people are now actually providing ABOUT/AROUND YOU, and help town find the real scumsters.
Until you are able to do that, I'll stick to my read on you. :]
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una

UnaBombaH
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 27, 2017
Location: Finland
Pronoun: He

Post Post #498  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:22 am

In post 460, Xtoxm wrote:Doesn't matter if he's the scummiest scum who ever scummed. He literally has bought himself 1 day. If he's scum he has scumbuddies we can lynch today. And he comes with bullshit tomorrow we turbo lynch him. No big deal.
Basically this.
I know what ChateauL is driving at, but I think it's still correct to not rush the lynch on D1.
We have a luxury we wouldn't have later in the game, so let's use it here. :]
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una

UnaBombaH
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 27, 2017
Location: Finland
Pronoun: He

Post Post #499  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:22 am

In post 461, Chateau Lobby wrote:Can we compromise
on Persivul instead of sash.
Why are you protecting Sash? :]
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to New York