Mini Normal 2107 (Day 5)

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Wake88
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 03, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1200  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:58 am

In post 1199, alimdia wrote:The only reason I thought wake is town was because he was the counter-wagon to Looker, but even Looker didn't want to vote Wake and looker instead tried to counterwagon on someone else.

Plus his JK claim. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF


You do realize I first voted for him and pushed his wagon.

Do you really think I would hardbus my partner if it were just two of us?

Tell me again how that's worth it.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake." — House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power." — Nosferatu*

alimdia
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: October 30, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1201  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:59 am

You may have voted looker first but you never helped me after that. I'm pretty sure I made the majority of the case and asked more people to hop on...

If you were looker's partner I wouldn't even call that a bus
Town win rate: 100% (excl <7 player games)

Wake88
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 03, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1202  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:15 am

In post 1201, alimdia wrote:You may have voted looker first but you never helped me after that. I'm pretty sure I made the majority of the case and asked more people to hop on...

If you were looker's partner I wouldn't even call that a bus


That's irrelevant.

If I were Scum do you honestly think I'd initiate the wagon on my partner and just let it happen? And as you know I HATE Day 1, which is exactly why I wasn't engaged with the game. THAT is my general meta.

Your argument may as well apply to you, and you being the partner getting rid of him, and your actions would be considered bussing.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake." — House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power." — Nosferatu*

profii
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 19, 2017

Post Post #1203  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:16 am

If you have an established meta that you can quote, that just makes it more probable that when you roll scum you would try to play consciously how you think town!wake plays - if anything that's a negative argument.

As for bussing, you voted for Elbirn today, who voted for looker on day 1 and managed to get off the wagon before it went through so it's fair to say someone you thought was scum#2 bussed scum#1 during day 1 but managed to get off the wagon so I dont think that argument holds any weight either.

i will be looking at Salad's posts though, that's an interesting point by Plank.

profii
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 19, 2017

Post Post #1204  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:26 am

In post 1190, alimdia wrote:I only claimed because I was a little dubious about Wake's claim. so I guess here is my full claim.

I am Town Night 3 doctor. To have a JK and a doctor on the same night? idk I was suspicious, so I pushed wake really hard about his claim.
I protected Elbirn last night. I am not notified if my ability failed or not (I asked the mod)

My breadcrumb on Day 2 when I saw that nobody died:

In post 805, alimdia wrote:Alright guys, I'm posting all my reads now, partly because if there isn't actually a doctor out there, I won't make it til Day orl Night 3. If there is, please protect me again.


I specifically said Night 3 when it should really be Day 3 in order to crumb. I said the no doctor part to crumb and WIFOM scum.

When I saw nobody died, my first assumption was that there was
Night 1 doctor, Night 2 doctor and Night 3 doctor. That was quickly proven wrong when Vorkuta flipped however.

If we think its possible to have a night 3 loyal JK and doctor, then I'll look at saladman as mentioned when I am free.

haha well this made things easy for me, I went looking for breadcrumbs in your ISO and somehow I missed this post.

I can actually feasibly see a town JK and a town doc (both n3) in a game to try and weaken their powers - e.g.

we got no kill last night - you said you protected Elbirn, so does that make Elbirn town? no - because we have a JK, who loyal/jailed me - so does that mean Elbirn tried to shoot me? Does that mean Scum tried to shoot elbirn or me?

We can't narrow it down so whilst we got the advantage of no NK, we dont clear anyone.

it actually adds up if you want my take on setup spec.

Wake88
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 03, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1205  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:44 am

I think the worst part about this game is that it makes you FEEL paranoid and see Scum in pretty much everyone. That's what I'm dealing with right now.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake." — House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power." — Nosferatu*

Elbirn
Content Aficionado
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2014
Location: [GMT - 5]
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1206  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:52 pm

Theres no world in which theres a N3 Doctor and a N3 Jailkeeper

I also expect wake is the only person here who would no kill every night as scum

So I'm just gonna sit here

Wake88
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 03, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1207  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:00 pm

In post 1206, Elbirn wrote:Theres no world in which theres a N3 Doctor and a N3 Jailkeeper

I also expect wake is the only person here who would no kill every night as scum

So I'm just gonna sit here



You're gonna eat these words post-game, Elbirn.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake." — House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power." — Nosferatu*

profii
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 19, 2017

Post Post #1208  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:55 pm

In post 1206, Elbirn wrote:Theres no world in which theres a N3 Doctor and a N3 Jailkeeper

I also expect wake is the only person here who would no kill every night as scum

So I'm just gonna sit here

This is where I get really confused because in my head it makes sense but... the amount of times I'm right on setup spec = approx 0

Elements
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 15, 2018
Location: Twinleaf Town
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1209  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:57 pm

In post 1193, alimdia wrote:That being said, do unvote Wake so theres no fast hammers and what not. And also so we can scrutinize more people

In post 1194, alimdia wrote:As in people unvote on wake

Why are you so placid towards the second N3 protective role?

Eve
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 29, 2019
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1210  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:22 pm

In post 1206, Elbirn wrote:Theres no world in which theres a N3 Doctor and a N3 Jailkeeper

I also expect wake is the only person here who would no kill every night as scum

So I'm just gonna sit here

How are you so sure of that? Suspicious suspicious very suspicious

Eve
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 29, 2019
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1211  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:24 pm

In post 1201, alimdia wrote:You may have voted looker first but you never helped me after that. I'm pretty sure I made the majority of the case and asked more people to hop on...

If you were looker's partner I wouldn't even call that a bus

How many games have you won in that town 100% win rate stat? Doesn't that mean you're a safe lynch since even if you flip town we'll probably still win? I see a strategy

Eve
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 29, 2019
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1212  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:26 pm

I think scum could be storing up kills and then release them all at once on a future night

There's a role for that but not sure if it's Normal

Wake88
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 03, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1213  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:30 pm

In post 1212, Eve wrote:I think scum could be storing up kills and then release them all at once on a future night

There's a role for that but not sure if it's Normal


It's not.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake." — House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power." — Nosferatu*

profii
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 19, 2017

Post Post #1214  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:53 pm

I guess there is a way of looking at this as

Doctor = protective
Loyal JK = can only protect and potentially nerf another PR

Elbirn
Content Aficionado
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2014
Location: [GMT - 5]
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1215  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:53 pm

In post 1208, profii wrote:
In post 1206, Elbirn wrote:Theres no world in which theres a N3 Doctor and a N3 Jailkeeper

I also expect wake is the only person here who would no kill every night as scum

So I'm just gonna sit here

This is where I get really confused because in my head it makes sense but... the amount of times I'm right on setup spec = approx 0


Well I look at it like this, both roles do essentially the same thing. A jailkeeper is just a doctor that also roleblocks. I'd be dubious if both of them were claimed in the same setup. I am especially dubious considering they both have a N3 modifier. And I think that if scum had a roleblocker, fake claiming jailkeeper makes sense.

Elbirn
Content Aficionado
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2014
Location: [GMT - 5]
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1216  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:57 pm

Did mod announce if scum can multitask? That could explain all the no kills

profii
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 19, 2017

Post Post #1217  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:51 pm

In post 1215, Elbirn wrote:
In post 1208, profii wrote:
In post 1206, Elbirn wrote:Theres no world in which theres a N3 Doctor and a N3 Jailkeeper

I also expect wake is the only person here who would no kill every night as scum

So I'm just gonna sit here

This is where I get really confused because in my head it makes sense but... the amount of times I'm right on setup spec = approx 0


Well I look at it like this, both roles do essentially the same thing. A jailkeeper is just a doctor that also roleblocks. I'd be dubious if both of them were claimed in the same setup. I am especially dubious considering they both have a N3 modifier. And I think that if scum had a roleblocker, fake claiming jailkeeper makes sense.
yeah I get it, I'd vote wake to clear it up to be honest

profii
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 19, 2017

Post Post #1218  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:52 pm

In post 1216, Elbirn wrote:Did mod announce if scum can multitask? That could explain all the no kills

First flip was multitasking in the role

So maybe the 2nd isn't

Seems low power for a 2 man team

Elbirn
Content Aficionado
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2014
Location: [GMT - 5]
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1219  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:05 pm

In post 1218, profii wrote:
In post 1216, Elbirn wrote:Did mod announce if scum can multitask? That could explain all the no kills

First flip was multitasking in the role

So maybe the 2nd isn't

Seems low power for a 2 man team


That must be what I was thinking of, thank you. So...if the 2nd scum can multi-task it's because of their role, not explicitly as a part of the setup. Having two scum both of whom have a multi-task modifier would be pointless, you'd just make that part of the setup. So it seems reasonable to deduce that 2nd scum can't multitask. I'm sorry I said multitask so many times. Multitask.

Given that deduction and that there have been no kills, scum must have an action they consider more valuable than a killing power. Rolecop has already flipped. Roleblocker....could be it. Hm.

alimdia
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: October 30, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1220  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:10 pm

In post 1209, Elements wrote:
In post 1193, alimdia wrote:That being said, do unvote Wake so theres no fast hammers and what not. And also so we can scrutinize more people

In post 1194, alimdia wrote:As in people unvote on wake

Why are you so placid towards the second N3 protective role?


Because I don't want another quick-lynch, and the only reason I have for being suspicious of wake is because of his claim, and the way he forgot the loyal modifier in his initial claim.

In post 1211, Eve wrote:
In post 1201, alimdia wrote:You may have voted looker first but you never helped me after that. I'm pretty sure I made the majority of the case and asked more people to hop on...

If you were looker's partner I wouldn't even call that a bus

How many games have you won in that town 100% win rate stat? Doesn't that mean you're a safe lynch since even if you flip town we'll probably still win? I see a strategy


I re-read this multiple times and have 0 idea what you're talking about. You're not that much better than Zote the unMighty
Town win rate: 100% (excl <7 player games)

Elbirn
Content Aficionado
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2014
Location: [GMT - 5]
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1221  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:36 pm

Are you people gonna make me case wake?

I was hoping it would be really obvious to you all and I wouldn't have to, writing lots of words is not my forte

alimdia
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: October 30, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1222  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:39 pm

Case please :o otherwise I'm prob doing eve or saladman
Town win rate: 100% (excl <7 player games)

Elbirn
Content Aficionado
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2014
Location: [GMT - 5]
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1223  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:54 pm

Okay I'll make you a deal

I'll do my best Elbirn-effort to summarize why its Wake if you can summarize why you suspect eve/salad. You may have already done so elsewhere but uhh I don't remember and I suck. Anyway if we do that we can compare notes and through the power of giving a damn we can actually solve the game instead of speed lynching people one two three break

alimdia
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: October 30, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1224  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:14 pm

Deal er...
You're not scum right?
Town win rate: 100% (excl <7 player games)

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to New York