Wiisp - null T
popsofctown - null T
Luca - null
churros - null
Paragon - null s
NDMath - s
TheFuzzylogic99 - s
Blake/Yshtola - s
I just stated why I think your bottom scumreads are town, and I am your townread, help me out here.
popsofctown wrote:The world where Blake is scum with Taly makes plenty of sense admittedly

fmpov Taly isn't really scumreading any scum, only scumreads I remember from him are Paragon and me, really.
Can you please explain your
Ame
and
Paragon
townreads?
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:45 pm

Post by Taly »

It would be nice if someone just told me why they disagree with my read on someone without telling me I'm scum with them, or scum so they feel justified in dismissing it.

My motivation is dropping rapidly.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I explained why I still feel Fuzzy is scum. You claim you'd celebrate engagement even if it's not aligned with your interests when you're talking about Churros' push, but all tail whipping game I've put more effort into engaging your points than most players in the game and you paint me as unsatisfying.

I'm trying not to dwell on preflip assocs.

I don't really hard disagree with your Y'shtola townread. It's a very unsorted slot for me.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:25 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Ame is town for the weird interaction-based case on me she just would never make as scum. It wasn't performative and doesn't look good but it is something town!Ame would think about. The harboring and timing of releasing it was consistent for town!Ame. He also consistently demonstrated a confirmation bias that I feel decently confident I can discern as confirmation bias rather than scum forced construals and confirmation bias is a town trait.

I did an entire iso for Paragon. He seems out of his scumrange by solving considerably sooner than he has to where other slots have solved when they have to, or even after, like Wiisp. He's had a lot of interactions this game due to the con stuff that should have shown his hand if he's scum.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:39 pm

Post by eyestott »

I’m feeling a bit directionless at the moment, I have no idea where to go from here. Any suggestions?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by popsofctown »

townbloc with me
"Well, I..."
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:06 pm

Post by eyestott »

I’m gonna read the townplay articles on the wiki, then get back to you
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1601, Taly wrote:It would be nice if someone just told me why they disagree with my read on someone without telling me I'm scum with them, or scum so they feel justified in dismissing it.

ur obviously just scum with them.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1601, Taly wrote:It would be nice if someone just told me why they disagree with my read on someone without telling me I'm scum with them, or scum so they feel justified in dismissing it.

ur obviously just scum with them.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:05 pm

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

okay

Long day..... Lot of real-life stuff happening on top of all this Corona Virus stuff.

Hi Something Smart and Firebringer. Good to see yall again. Welcome

Okay Game stuff
I have not forgotten about the ISO on Tally. Will try to post tomorrow during my study breaks. been busy .
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:14 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Just skimming through what I’ve missed.

Can’t say I agree with Taly’s ‘confidently town’ conclusion on Fuzzy. None of Fuzzy’s play would really surprise me coming from either alignment. What makes you say his Taly read was the most honest this game? I don’t see that at all.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:19 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1563, Taly wrote:
Luca
is probable scum if
NDMath's
wagon contains another scum....
I don’t get this at all.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:26 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1576, Blake Belladonna wrote:
In post 1509, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 1506, Blake Belladonna wrote:Luca Blight, how do you approach the game as either alignment?
As Town I try and stay grounded. As scum it depends on the game before me.
Humor me. What type of approach would you have as scum this game? If it depends on who your partners are, a few examples would also be nice. Thank you.

I don’t really feel like answering this right now. I’ll come back to this later if you really want me to answer it.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:10 am

Post by Luca Blight »

I’m barely caught up but this is roughly where I’m at:

Town: Paragon, Fire, Churros

Town-leans: Pops, SS

Null-ish: Taly, Bella, Stott

Scum-leans: Fuzzy, Math, Tom

Just for reference mainly as I still need to read deeper, but I’m pretty certain I only want to lynch in that bottom pile today.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:19 am

Post by Luca Blight »

I’ve been back and forth in my reading of Pops all game, but I’m finally feeling a little easier about her. I think she’s displayed a townie mindset with regards to her recent sorting, I’ll get to some examples later maybe.

I feel I’m being a little harsh with my placing of Taly as usually effort and sorting like that in this kind of game state comes from town, but I don’t really agree with most of his conclusion or the reasoning used. It could just be a clash of play styles but I’m finding it hard to fully trust him. I’ll go back and look at that Churros case again.

I’ve seen one or two of things that ping Stott as town, such as his PoV with regards to the earlier replacements that was neither popular nor convenient from a scum perspective, but was a fair reading of the situation. I haven’t seen anything that makes me want to lockTown him, though.

I think Wiisp’s reaction to Ame’s case was more likely Town.

I’m gonna focus mainly on my scum suspects from here on in as I’m lacking time.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:05 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1530, NDMath wrote:
In post 1508, Luca Blight wrote:What did you mean when you said he’s doing what you normally do as scum?
I saw this and it's gonna get answered but only once when I think of more than one descriptable similarities.
I don’t like this stalling, especially considering he still hasn’t answered it.

Math’s reasoning for Paragon being his main SR was that Paragon is doing a lot of things that Math does as scum. When I ask him to expland on this he takes forever to answer, and finally gives an answer in in which he says paragon has been agreeing with a lot of stuff recently. This strikes me as scummy reasoning for a couple of reasons:

1) it ignores Paragon’s play as a whole, which is far from what Math is portraying it as here

2) it neglects to mention anything pertaining to Math’s original reasoning, which is was I asked him to explain.

I had to ask again to clarify what he meant in his original reasoning and he made the stalling post above. It’s as though he’s been caught making shit up and so tried to find something else he could throw at Paragon in its place.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:25 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1546, NDMath wrote:
In post 1534, popsofctown wrote:I am confident nomnomnom will not delete yours, Churros', or Taly's posts when Day 1 ends. Postflip analysis is far more effective and time efficient than preflip analysis. There is no contradiction between "I refuse to do this now" and "I will do this later". Doing it now only stirs up the sorts of confirmation biases that make getting the first redflip of the game more difficult, and that's more important than a "head start".
Ack I'm still not as convinced of this as I feel I should be right now.
UNVOTE: popsofctown
Not convinced, so why unvote and wagon Churros instead?

His Churros vote seems really random after his previous views on that slot. The way he states he is willing to compromise on Fuzzy also seems scummy - it’s as though he knows his current vote is vanity and unlikely to go anywhere (especially as Math has literally no reasoning behind his vote) but knows it will be less opportunistic looking than going straight for someone like Fuzzy.

Weird as well how Math is seemingly sheeping Taly’s view on Churros, but not his view on Fuzzy. Any reason for this?

And I don’t get why he’s suddenly given up on pursuing Pops.
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:43 am

Post by Aloratom »

In post 1613, Luca Blight wrote:I’m barely caught up but this is roughly where I’m at:

Town: Paragon, Fire, Churros

Town-leans: Pops, SS

Null-ish: Taly, Bella, Stott

Scum-leans: Fuzzy, Math, Tom

Just for reference mainly as I still need to read deeper, but I’m pretty certain I only want to lynch in that bottom pile today.
Why do you have Firebringer high Town? And why am I in your lynch pool?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:58 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Ame was obvtown.

I’ve been unimpressed by your posts generally. I much prefer a Math lynch over you right now, though.
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:17 am

Post by Aloratom »

I don't think that's an acceptable answer, but we can suss that out later I suppose. There are bigger fish to fry.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:30 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Why did you question my Fire read when you also had Ame as high town?

Any response to Taly’s ?
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:44 am

Post by Aloratom »

In post 1600, Taly wrote:
In post 1579, Aloratom wrote:eyestott - T
Taly - T
Ame - T
Wiisp - null T
popsofctown - null T
Luca - null
churros - null
Paragon - null s
NDMath - s
TheFuzzylogic99 - s
Blake/Yshtola - s
I just stated why I think your bottom scumreads are town, and I am your townread, help me out here.
popsofctown wrote:The world where Blake is scum with Taly makes plenty of sense admittedly

fmpov Taly isn't really scumreading any scum, only scumreads I remember from him are Paragon and me, really.
Ame
and
Paragon
townreads?
The only real takeaway from your ISO on Fuzzy that I come closest to agreeing with is:

Major Insight
Yeah, only definite conclusion is Fuzzy/Paragon isn't S/S. Town must be here. T/T is also equally likely as S/T. Anyone who wants a lynch between these two may do well to re-evaluate.

and the question about whether those wanting an NDMath lynch are taking Robb's posts into account.

I can still see a game where they are both mafia, but I think that it's not as likely as I thought it was earlier in the game. And I don't think in associatives for the most part anyway. Individually, I can see scum in both of them. Fuzzy more so than Paragon.

We've seen barely anything substantive from Fuzzy for almost a week. I agree that his early stuff was relatively strong, but he has grown progressively scattered, and I still think that is a weakly reasoned vote.
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:46 am

Post by Aloratom »

In post 1620, Luca Blight wrote:Why did you question my Fire read when you also had Ame as high town?

Any response to Taly’s ?
Bah. I had Firebringer subbing in for Wiisp.

And I'm wading through Taly's ISOs.
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:50 am

Post by Aloratom »

In post 1621, Aloratom wrote:
In post 1600, Taly wrote:
In post 1579, Aloratom wrote:eyestott - T
Taly - T
Ame - T
Wiisp - null T
popsofctown - null T
Luca - null
churros - null
Paragon - null s
NDMath - s
TheFuzzylogic99 - s
Blake/Yshtola - s

Ame
and
Paragon
townreads?
The only real takeaway from your ISO on Fuzzy that I come closest to agreeing with is:

Major Insight
Yeah, only definite conclusion is Fuzzy/Paragon isn't S/S. Town must be here. T/T is also equally likely as S/T. Anyone who wants a lynch between these two may do well to re-evaluate.

and the question about whether those wanting an NDMath lynch are taking Robb's posts into account.

I can still see a game where they are both mafia, but I think that it's not as likely as I thought it was earlier in the game. And I don't think in associatives for the most part anyway. Individually, I can see scum in both of them. Fuzzy more so than Paragon.

We've seen barely anything substantive from Fuzzy for almost a week. I agree that his early stuff was relatively strong, but he has grown progressively scattered, and I still think that is a weakly reasoned vote.
Actually, looking at it closer, Fuzzy's been scattered since the beginning. Unfocused. Earlier in the game I took it as not AI, but now I think it looks more scum motivated.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:04 am

Post by nomnomnom »

my pagetop now
Wow you're so good at avoiding death and killing slots that are not part of the informed minority. Wow how are you so good at playing this game.
-
panthaleon

nomnomnom played me like a gameboy
-
BBMolla

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”