Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 9:45 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 396, humaneatingmonkey wrote:humaneatingmonkey (4): Umlaut, Anya, geraintm, InsidiousLemons
osuka (2): Bugspray, Ivyeo
Umlaut (1): geraintm
Anya (1): choof
geraintm (1): Andante
T3 (1): Egix96
Andante (1): osuka

With 12 players, how many are the mafia? 3?
Fwiw, I've only played one 12p mini before, but yes it had three scum.

You being top wagon doesn't feel like a good idea to me. I need to catch up anyway.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 9:56 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 381, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 257, humaneatingmonkey wrote:For now, I want everyone to declare what they're doing and what their motive is. I'll go first.
Nothing and I don't have a motive

I'm leaning town on Ivyeo for the reaction to what geraintm posted (regardless of geraintm alignment)

As for geraintm, it would have been towny if this was the first instance of them doing this, but it's not, so it isn't. They can easily be copying what they did as town, as scum here.
:neutral:
So when can I expect you to start doing... you know, something?

VOTE: Dunnstral
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 10:09 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 359, Ivyeo wrote:I'll speak when I have meaningful things to say, but you're forcing my hand into typing more than I'd want to by going off on me.
If playing the game of mafia isn't taking you out of your comfort zone, that's a bad thing :P
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 12:08 am

Post by Anya »

In post 401, Egix96 wrote:
In post 257, humaneatingmonkey wrote:For now, I want everyone to declare what they're doing and what their motive is. I'll go first.

I'm leaning town on Ivyeo for the reaction to what geraintm posted (regardless of geraintm alignment)

As for geraintm, it would have been towny if this was the first instance of them doing this, but it's not, so it isn't. They can easily be copying what they did as town, as scum here.

cheap vote the sort i'd find in a discount store having a summer sale

VOTE: Egix
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 3:29 am

Post by T3 »

In post 387, InsidiousLemons wrote:okay SO searching T3's vast ISO of 8 posts for reads and/or opinions we find:

Spoiler: intrepid sleuthing
In post 110, T3 wrote:Egix and choof giving good vibes.
egix96
and
choof
(replaced by
humaneatingmonkey
) - townlean
In post 163, T3 wrote:Andnte'sread on Ivy feels as forced as putting a squre peg into a round hole.
Umlaut town.
andante
- scumlean (?)
umlaut
- town
In post 241, T3 wrote:The later additions to this readlist almost feel made to appease. And the "Andante looks like a wrong towny" is newbscum deflection. VOTE: Ivyeo
Ivyeo
(who has been on the site for 6 months longer than T3) - newbscum
In post 279, T3 wrote:I don't see a scum gerain just openly saying this.

I think Andante is town based on the general meta vibes.
gerain
- townlean (?)
andante again
- town now "based on the general meta vibes" and also because
In post 293, T3 wrote:You seem less confident and more argumentative and that I think aligns with town you.
hm.

and finally:
In post 386, T3 wrote:
In post 376, osuka wrote:lemons hardcore townposting, conftown
hem can be townish for now
Explain? I hve hem as lean tow n and am not sure about lemons.
monkey
(post-replacement) - still townlean
lemons
- null

phew! what a journey. organizing this into a reads list, we get:

Umlaut
- town
Andante
- townlean
geraintm
- townlean
Egix96
- townlean
humaneatingmonkey
- townlean
InsidiousLemons
- null
Ivyeo
- scum

bugspray
- unspecified
Anya
- unspecified
osuka
- unspecified
Dunnstral
- unspecified

@T3 do you agree with the list as it appears here? have any of your reads changed or become clearer since you first made them? please interact with this game or any of the players this is really sad
Yes, I do. Dunn hasn't done anything, null. osuka and bugspray idk, Anya scumlean.
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 6:10 am

Post by InsidiousLemons »

can you point to anything in anya's gameplay that makes her scum? are you still happy with your vote on ivy?
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 6:12 am

In post 397, humaneatingmonkey wrote: so with these in no particular order, why choose me and why have you spent most of your time on T3?
because i feel i have the least information on T3. and just because i didn't put them in a specific order doesn't mean i don't have preferences within the list. i feel my vote is best on you right now, it's as simple as that
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 6:13 am

see 393 and 395 for more on why i'm engaging primarily with T3 right now
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 6:25 am

Post by Andante »

In post 389, Ivyeo wrote:
In post 387, InsidiousLemons wrote:
Ivyeo
I've been on the site for a while, but I also took a break for multiple months and am oplaying my fifth game, so make of that what you will.
Why is this necessary to bring up? Who cares how long someone has been here, you'll have reads and reasons, so regardless of experience the reasons better match the reads? This game of mafia isn't super hard to play when you're new to either...
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 6:26 am

Post by Andante »

In post 390, humaneatingmonkey wrote:lmao Lemons complaining that T3 isn't interacting with the game but had enough content in 8 posts to organize a readlist. surely, you understand the irony.
If only you knew what it's like to play with T3....
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 6:27 am

Post by Andante »

In post 398, humaneatingmonkey wrote:gerain, a scumread that you have, is doing a worse job than T3.
FACTS.
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 6:40 am

In post 408, Andante wrote:
Ivyeo
I've been on the site for a while, but I also took a break for multiple months and am oplaying my fifth game, so make of that what you will.
Why is this necessary to bring up? Who cares how long someone has been here, you'll have reads and reasons, so regardless of experience the reasons better match the reads? This game of mafia isn't super hard to play when you're new to either...
its a response to my post that she literally quoted lol
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 7:01 am

Post by Andante »

Alright, I'm going through everyone and figuring out where my thoughts lay.now that we got someone at 4 votes, I think I really need to just examine everyone cause at the end of this, I don't wanna feel like I'm "taking the easy way out" with a gerain vote. Anya is first on the list!

So, they're a little out of order, but looking at Anya's ISO, I'm ignoring the "fun posts" she has a significant amount of role talk, which to me, feels really weird in the RVS, from stuff like obscure roles to scum having no PT. I have literally never heard of scum never having a PT. But we'll just ignore that, like, ok, Anya wanting to discuss roles first thing, ok, not towny, but I'll let it slide.

Spoiler: Role Talk
In post 47, Anya wrote:
In post 39, bugspray wrote:
In post 34, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 9, Anya wrote:i have a feeling "custom-order" means something maybe the roles in this game will be different or unusual
No, because:
In post 1, Cook wrote:Flavor has no effect on the game.
i mean cook has been hyping up how hes gonna mod a game since he joined so i bet it's going to be a creative setup which generally means there's either hoods, a rolecop, or a tracker because those are some of the more interesting setup creation toys
In post 40, Dunnstral wrote:...Kind of feels like you just pulled out random roles to call creative
is this one wolf communicating their roles to another wolf

maybe they can't talk and have to use the vulnerability of public communication
In post 9, Anya wrote:i have a feeling "custom-order" means something maybe the roles in this game will be different or unusual
In post 65, Anya wrote:day roles

like if bugspray is a day tracker who wants to catch a day cop so needs advice from their partners in crime
In post 72, Anya wrote:anyway it says any PT will have daytalk which is an interesting way of putting it

it means wolves could just have no PT and therefore no talk at all and no daytalk

i think cook would just say wolves have daytalk if it were that simple
In post 75, Anya wrote:
In post 73, Dunnstral wrote:No, that's just a general way of covering roles like neighbor and mason
idk we'll see it's just a feeling

i'll be on the lookout for secret communication though so you better use morse code to escape my introspection

In post 74, Anya wrote:
In post 38, bugspray wrote:nonetheless we're voting together
bugspray encouraging lemons to vote together this game?
^ I think Anya saw this post and completely ignored the context of it, bugspray joked about eating fruit, lemons was like "nah" and bugspray was like "it's ok, we're voting the same person" I don't see how this would warrant Anya to go "bugspray encouraging lemons to vote together this game?" like, that statement for that context feels out of place.
In post 184, Anya wrote:
In post 127, Umlaut wrote:
In post 99, bugspray wrote:i like how choof and lemons are actually trying to advance the collective town info pool despite how unhelpfuil this RVS has been
I was going to ask if this was on the basis of just and since they were the only gamestate-advancing posts I could see by them but looking back on the thread I guess you're right that that still puts them above average.

I actually disagree with Egix in , Lemons' post seems like actually trying to understand and read Anya whereas Choof was just poking at me for something they would have understood already if they read the thread (and did understand a few posts later in )

Anya wagon is bad, I offer an alternative:

VOTE: choof

I really dislike , partially because they should be
voting
Anya if they suspect her and aren't already voting someone better, but mostly because the "reasons" they're giving for a scummo vibe seem less like things that a person would
actually
expect more from scum and more like things a person would
imagine
being legitimate cause for a scumread.
raccoon you seem like town this time i want to trust you and never look back

VOTE: choof
^ So Umlaunt is town because they don't like your wagon? Like, based on your reply feels like you didn't read anything they said, like if I were to ask you "why is chook scum?" you'd probably go "Idk" this feels like an actual vote, not an RVS one, but it doesn't feel like it stems from an original read, meaning I don't think you're reading this game at all.
In post 189, Anya wrote:i was kidding about the daytalk and multiple teams stuff btw i read the setup post before the game started

was looking for those juicy cranberry reactions i think dunnstral's was slightly town
^ "Was looking for reactions" uhh you sure you were trying to find reactions? Cause it looked like you were doing minimal stuff to cause reactions, and idk, none of your role stuff seemed like you were trying to get reactions. I'm trying not to bias myself into thinking you're scum, cause I honestly don't like any of your content thus far, but like, I'm not sure how I could see this coming from town. You "got reactions" from the role talk, people started voting you, and you were like "haha just rxns"
In post 190, Anya wrote:t4 is so towny it hurts my eyes to stare i don't know what you all are on about
^ I'm not sure what T3 has done thus far in the game to seem towny, would've been nice for you to explain.
In post 208, Anya wrote:
In post 195, Umlaut wrote:
In post 189, Anya wrote:was looking for those juicy cranberry reactions i think dunnstral's was slightly town
Can you elaborate on this?
i was posting random theories to see how people would react
^ Now, I feel like this would've been better to include in your earlier post "I was posting random theories to get reactions" idk, I'll summarize thoughts at the bottom of this. Cause "random theories" has been all of your content... and that's where I have issues.
In post 364, Anya wrote:i like the ivy vines and the apples growing on my tree and also the scarfed dog perched on a branch oh and also the raccoon nested up there it's a beautiful scene

andante constant back and forth and paranoia over me feels really non-virtual

the monkey eater meanwhile is roaming around in my garden digging random holes in the ground and chucking mud at my window i don't like it
Ok, half of this feels like you're making reads, but I'm not deciphering morse code to figure out a basic read you're outing. I know this is your play style and how you play, but like, can you at least try to make your reads readable?? cause this is either a read, or sentences you strung together cause you've given us all nicknames. Like, if I deeply analyzed this, I could figure out who you tr/sr but there's no reasons attatched to this.
In post 403, Anya wrote:
In post 401, Egix96 wrote:

cheap vote the sort i'd find in a discount store having a summer sale

VOTE: Egix
^ And here, it's like, if you were trying to get reactions I feel like you'd act differently, this vote from you doesn't feel like it stems from a towny mindset, you jump into their convo like "cheap vote" like, just let them talk to each other?? I mean, sure you're welcome to make a read on someone, but jumping in and only saying "cheap vote" ehhhhh.

Alright, the TLDR/Summary of Anya: I feel like Anya has no focus this game yet. Like, I quoted every single "significant" line from Anya thus far. And I just feel like she's not really reading the thread/ caring enough to out a single actual read. Even if it was a random tunnel, anything to actually drive reactions. But to me, having crazy play then going "it was for reactions" doesn't really fly with me... Honestly, I think I'm ending this read with a Scum Lean on Anya, I give up with meta, I'm taking this at value of what it is, its been scummy play, don't think I see anything I CAN TR from Anya, so I'll end on a Scum Lean, and hey, if she's town, hopefully she takes this post as it's time to get it together, and start playing like a town.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 7:03 am

Post by Andante »

In post 411, InsidiousLemons wrote:but I also took a break for multiple months and am oplaying my fifth game, so make of that what you will.
ehhh I just hated the "but I also took a break for multiple months and am oplaying my fifth game, so make of that what you will." part lol like, "so make of that what you will" to me feels like she's trying to use lack of experience as an excuse for something, idk, I've played with a lot of "I did X so I can't be scum!!" recently, so I'm sure I'm overthinking it
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 7:07 am

Post by geraintm »

I'm not sure how to reply .
I am not sure how on earth I could not be scummy in your eyes.
I am behaving like I have done previously as town, therefore I am scum faking jt.
If I wasn't behaving like I have done previously as town, would I get called out then too?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 7:25 am

Post by Andante »

Next up, we have Bugspray!!
In post 39, bugspray wrote:
In post 34, Dunnstral wrote:
No, because:
In post 1, Cook wrote:Flavor has no effect on the game.
i mean cook has been hyping up how hes gonna mod a game since he joined so i bet it's going to be a creative setup which generally means there's either hoods, a rolecop, or a tracker because those are some of the more interesting setup creation toys
^ Hmm engaging in Anya's setup spec... interesting, personally I think setup spec this early is anti towny, but we all have different ideas of what's towny.
In post 99, bugspray wrote:i like how choof and lemons are actually trying to advance the collective town info pool despite how unhelpfuil this RVS has been
^Good post, I like when people acknowledge those being towny, I feel like that's a good look, like "hey, look at X they're being towny" Also, a reason for a TR is also a good thing! cough cough Anya... reasons...
In post 116, bugspray wrote:
In post 107, Ivyeo wrote:Bug do you think that Choof and lemons are inherently towny for this?
i think trying to push the game out of stagnant states is something scum are usually very reluctant to do. in theory a scuim
could
do it for wifom reasons but considering that is just forcefeeding myself poisoned wine
Scum would want to stay in RVS you say?

Spoiler: Don't worry, I'm not trying to keep us in RVS or anything!
In post 106, bugspray wrote:
In post 100, choof wrote:dont lump me in with lemons that is my first serious post
yeah? well now you're making interesting posts.

let's wagon this VOTE: anya
In post 166, bugspray wrote:VOTE: t3 anything else?

^Cause those votes feel like RVS to me
In post 178, bugspray wrote:
In post 160, Ivyeo wrote:There has barely been anything AI so far
you should just do some crazy shit so that we can also read you better and not have akwward andante reads
^ I mean, at least I gave a read, saw something, pushed it.
In post 186, bugspray wrote:VOTE: umlaut/vote] i absolutely don't understand the levels of logic in that argument agasint choof and it seems like there's stairs missihng and your brain leaped the gap without notigcing
^ Umm this reaction, Like sure I might not 100% agree with that, but I think that argument is easy to follow? so idk what you're thinking, Like, so far, that umlaunt read is a LOT more effort than I've seen from you, I tend to appreciate those putting forth effort early game, like umlaunt laid out their thinking, and all I've seen from you so far has been a sentence or 2 responding to various things, nothing original from your thinking.
In post 220, bugspray wrote:a disgusting porportion of osuka's posting is literally just being an unwiped asshole to other players. these types of non constructive posts should
never
be made by intelligent town players who are playing to their win condition. osuka is clearly not an idiot and therefore the only rational explanation is that the slot is scum.
^ Welcome to the joys of osuka! If you think this game is bad, should've seen the last one...
In post 234, bugspray wrote:
In post 232, Ivyeo wrote:Rereading Umlaut moves up to town lean
In post 233, Ivyeo wrote:Bugspray still stays up there
what did you see that made you make these decisions?
^ Honestly, I would also be curious as to why Ivy said Bugspray is so strong of a tr...

Sooo TLDR/Summary - I don't think Bugspray has done anything to deserve a TR thus far, I don't think they've given an actual read thus far, I know the game is still young, but commenting on other people's reads without reads of your own? ehhh. I also don't think I entirely SR Bugspray yet either, cause they had some decent lines, I look forward to seeing their content the rest of the game, and if I see no actual reads by the end of D1 from them, I'm moving them to Scum Lean, but for now I'll just put them in null, there's nothing really alignment indicative I don't think in this.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 7:34 am

Post by Andante »

2 people is good enough for now, I'm taking a break and shall return later to read more yall. if you have questions on anything I read or you had a different take on something I thought, feel free to share.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 8:21 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 416, Andante wrote:2 people is good enough for now, I'm taking a break and shall return later to read more yall. if you have questions on anything I read or you had a different take on something I thought, feel free to share.
Regarding 106/166

Even if those votes didn't have a lot to work from, I do feel like they were made with an intent to help move the game along.
Ivyeo
Ivyeo
Goon
Ivyeo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 9:48 am

Post by Ivyeo »

In post 408, Andante wrote:
Ivyeo
I was responding to someone implying that I couldn't be newbscum because I had more experience than T4...
Ivyeo
Ivyeo
Goon
Ivyeo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 9:50 am

Post by Ivyeo »

In post 413, Andante wrote:
In post 411, InsidiousLemons wrote:but I also took a break for multiple months and am oplaying my fifth game, so make of that what you will.
ehhh I just hated the "but I also took a break for multiple months and am oplaying my fifth game, so make of that what you will." part lol like, "so make of that what you will" to me feels like she's trying to use lack of experience as an excuse for something, idk, I've played with a lot of "I did X so I can't be scum!!" recently, so I'm sure I'm overthinking it
This doesn't make sense for what I was responding to
Ivyeo
Ivyeo
Goon
Ivyeo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 9:51 am

Post by Ivyeo »

In post 414, geraintm wrote:

I'm not sure how to reply .
I am not sure how on earth I could not be scummy in your eyes.
I am behaving like I have done previously as town, therefore I am scum faking jt.
If I wasn't behaving like I have done previously as town, would I get called out then too?
Even here it seems like you're just a scum who knows what they do as town and is intentionally playing it. The behavior isn't towny in of itself, so doing it because you did it as town doesn't change that.
Ivyeo
Ivyeo
Goon
Ivyeo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 9:53 am

Post by Ivyeo »

was a good post. Bugsprays been moving down my TR especially as they still haven't responded to my request for reads from them
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 10:25 am

and are good posts.

reaffirming that andante looks town judging by their thought process as compared to last game. happy with this

agreed that bugspray's lack of responsiveness and initiative is troubling
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 10:56 am

Post by Andante »

In post 417, Egix96 wrote:
In post 416, Andante wrote:2 people is good enough for now, I'm taking a break and shall return later to read more yall. if you have questions on anything I read or you had a different take on something I thought, feel free to share.
Regarding 106/166

Even if those votes didn't have a lot to work from, I do feel like they were made with an intent to help move the game along.
Ehh I could see it like slightly trying to push RVS along, but it felt weird give they said something about staying in RVS and their posts around it were rvs votes, not certain enough for me to push anything yet
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 11:50 am

Post by Anya »

i'll do the deep analysis for you andante
ivy vines = ivyeo
apples = lemons
scarfed dog = andante