Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:35 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 591, Almost50 wrote:OK.. in no particular order: Wake/Dwlee/Koba/Norwee/Nero are either TRs or Town leans. Kyouko & Granpa are Scum leans. Everyone else in null of some sort.
I like wake/dwlee/norwee for town as well here. Especially mainly norwee.

Solid townblock for d1 so far.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:33 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

In post 586, Dwlee99 wrote:VOTE: Margot
What is this? Is this where you think we should go day 1?
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:48 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

Andres, I’ve read through and seen you complain about weak votes from Norwee and Titus, and people reading your meta wrong. Would it be fair to say you’ve been caught for the wrong reasons?
Hakai
Hakai
Townie
Hakai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:58 am

Post by Hakai »

In post 546, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 380, Wake1 wrote:
In post 73, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 44, DkKoba wrote:
In post 30, Andresvmb wrote:@Koba are you Town? If you are, we can actually partner up for once.
weird thing to ask and you know why :nerd:
I have to ask. I don’t want to have to fight you.

Fine, you’ll have to figure out my alignment over time then, and I will have to figure out yours. You really could have just told me you know.
OK so what is your Scum meta like?

I know you're a lurker but is that as Town or Scum?

The reason I'm asking is because you've got a ton of posts in this game already.

Please explain this to me Andre.
I don’t know that describing my Scum meta is of any use here when you don’t trust my alignment. What I can do is link you to a few discussions around it that I thought were decent when it came to my Scum meta, which might be more useful.

viewtopic.php?p=12051727#p12051727
viewtopic.php?p=12089528#p12089528

I don’t like to lurk as either alignment for the record. I just get left behind sometimes. What you’re seen is just life getting in the way. I had more time here to start reading from the very beginning, so I’ve been more active. If you look through my history, you’ll see various levels of engagement as Town. Which is why I questioned how many of my games you had actually read - because if you had read more games, you would have quickly realized that I can be quite active when I want to be.
I like this post.
In post 553, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 537, Hakai wrote:Even if Koba is scum most of these reads are likely genuine.
This isn’t a thing btw. Reads can’t be genuine if they’re coming from Scum. They can only be strategic if they’re coming from Scum. It’s why when LQ described their own post as strategic, it raised some eyebrows.
I've seen scum put out completely genuine reads in the hope of sounding town.
In post 593, Almost50 wrote:There's a reason I mixed all 5 up in one pool. I am not going into details about whom I confidently read or why.
You can move up to town.
Hakai
Hakai
Townie
Hakai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:59 am

Post by Hakai »

For the record, I don't lurk. I just can't be on a lot with work.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 601, Rannygazoo wrote:
Sure
I prefer they, thanks :)
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:19 pm

Post by DkKoba »

there's like a really convoluted reason i think dwlee is town and it involves a series of assumptions of explainations for their play thus far and im lowkey too embarassed to say it out loud in case they flip scum... lMFAO
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:19 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 603, Hakai wrote:
In post 546, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 380, Wake1 wrote:
In post 73, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 44, DkKoba wrote:
In post 30, Andresvmb wrote:@Koba are you Town? If you are, we can actually partner up for once.
weird thing to ask and you know why :nerd:
I have to ask. I don’t want to have to fight you.

Fine, you’ll have to figure out my alignment over time then, and I will have to figure out yours. You really could have just told me you know.
OK so what is your Scum meta like?

I know you're a lurker but is that as Town or Scum?

The reason I'm asking is because you've got a ton of posts in this game already.

Please explain this to me Andre.
I don’t know that describing my Scum meta is of any use here when you don’t trust my alignment. What I can do is link you to a few discussions around it that I thought were decent when it came to my Scum meta, which might be more useful.

viewtopic.php?p=12051727#p12051727
viewtopic.php?p=12089528#p12089528

I don’t like to lurk as either alignment for the record. I just get left behind sometimes. What you’re seen is just life getting in the way. I had more time here to start reading from the very beginning, so I’ve been more active. If you look through my history, you’ll see various levels of engagement as Town. Which is why I questioned how many of my games you had actually read - because if you had read more games, you would have quickly realized that I can be quite active when I want to be.
I like this post.
In post 553, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 537, Hakai wrote:Even if Koba is scum most of these reads are likely genuine.
This isn’t a thing btw. Reads can’t be genuine if they’re coming from Scum. They can only be strategic if they’re coming from Scum. It’s why when LQ described their own post as strategic, it raised some eyebrows.
I've seen scum put out completely genuine reads in the hope of sounding town.
In post 593, Almost50 wrote:There's a reason I mixed all 5 up in one pool. I am not going into details about whom I confidently read or why.
You can move up to town.
State your read on my slot. Now.
retired
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:21 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 606, DkKoba wrote:there's like a really convoluted reason i think dwlee is town and it involves a series of assumptions of explainations for their play thus far and im lowkey too embarassed to say it out loud in case they flip scum... lMFAO
Spoiler:
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:25 pm

Post by DkKoba »

it has to do with your margot vote btw - its like the shift in play made me think like that you had at town thought process and reason to arrive there
retired
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:27 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

I thought I was already out of scum range before that? Or was that to lure me into security?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:31 pm

Post by DkKoba »

the more reasons i have, the more I trust the read to stay longterm - its a sort of "this is the level of town you are at" and it ensure you are not below the bar
retired
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:35 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 602, Rannygazoo wrote:Andres, I’ve read through and seen you complain about weak votes from Norwee and Titus, and people reading your meta wrong. Would it be fair to say you’ve been caught for the wrong reasons?
Yeah, I’m Scum and I’m sooo mad that you “caught me”.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:38 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 603, Hakai wrote:I've seen scum put out completely genuine reads in the hope of sounding town.
I’m sorry to keep harping on this, but no, they’re not genuine. They might be correct, but genuine implies good faith. Scum never have good faith. There’s only machinations that they hope gets them closer to victory. You can’t have true reads when you know the answer. Only solid reasons or excuses for your positioning.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:37 pm

Post by Loftwing »

Reading is hard. So far I think most of the scum are lurking, with at most 1 scum max in the high posters.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He
Location: do people ever use this for their actual location lol

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:48 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

ok ok relax relax. why we at page 25.

and @loftwing , i kinda lowkey high key disagree with that!

scum would be taking advantage of being the high poster .

i think its more likely to have 2 scum engaging useful convo that way attention isn't drawn to lurking / coasting.
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:48 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

@mod: I'll be V/LA through Monday. Sorry for the late notice, this game started after I'd made my announcements and I forgot
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 615, GrandpaMo wrote:ok ok relax relax. why we at page 25.

i think its more likely to have 2 scum engaging useful convo that way attention isn't drawn to lurking / coasting.
are you trying to indirectly shade me?
retired
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

ego reminder to catch up later on today

been busy and have a game tmr. so might not be able to post by today -- ill try my best after i finish all my work

@mod: I will be V/LA as well through Monday as well (i will probably try to still talk in the thread but will be limited).
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 617, DkKoba wrote:
In post 615, GrandpaMo wrote:ok ok relax relax. why we at page 25.

are you trying to indirectly shade me?
no i think ur town
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by DkKoba »

anyways *actual* mafia theory is that villagers more often than not latch onto the *louder* players and wont go after lurkers because they dont get reactions from there. easier to push someone who is responding consistently.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by DkKoba »

thus why my recent scum games(minus 1 where i tryharded to all hell that didnt even complete) are very lurky bc i know townies have short term memory LMFAO
retired
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:57 pm

Post by Rannygazoo »

It is hard to keep track of this many players this early.

That’s why I think everyone making a reads list is weird.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 622, Rannygazoo wrote:It is hard to keep track of this many players this early.

That’s why I think everyone making a reads list is weird.
idk if u have played in a large before but a good strategy is to try to mainly just try to find people you can feel comfortable as town, or at least not voting out day 1 and then go from there.
retired
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:40 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 605, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 601, Rannygazoo wrote:
Sure
In post 609, DkKoba wrote:it has to do with your margot vote btw - its like the shift in play made me think like that you had at town thought process and reason to arrive there
In post 610, Dwlee99 wrote:I thought I was already out of scum range before that? Or was that to lure me into security?
OK, so I need to get this off my chest right now.

I don't like that we're voting someone who hasn't even played yet. If they don't post at all they'll get prodded or replaced. I feel that it's really cheap, and despite having voted no-shows in the past I now think it's not really optimal Townplay any more. Dwlee, I don't think you should be voting a no-show, unless it's just to get the person to get active if lurking.

As for Rannygazoo, I feel like his response is maaybe a little *too* normal. Something about it just irked my gut, just a bit.

Koba, I'm not sure I understand your thought process about his shift in play having a Town though process/reason for going there. It's just my opinion, but I don't think votes on no-shows are good unless just to pressure. And after re-reading this right as I'm typing I probably should have asked Dwlee first if his vote on Margot was serious or temporary.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”