Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:04 pm

Post by Roden »

???

Are you an alt? This is literally the first game I've ever interacted with you but your over the top aggression suggests otherwise.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:31 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

Mmm, you may have hit a nerve that isn't specific to you. I apologize if it comes off as aggressive, but yes. Can we leave this for now, please? If you push my slot I'm fine with it but I don't really feel like interacting with you is best for my general state right now.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:09 pm

Post by Roden »

I really don't know how you expect me to respond here. This is such a bizarre interaction, I've been rereading our exchange trying to figure out what I said or did that could've caused your reaction but I honestly just don't know what it could be. And asking me not to interact with you is just bad for the game because you're still trying to shut down my scum reads from going through.

You've made it clear that your issue is specifically and personally with me, and if you're not gonna clarify what the problem is then we're at a bit of an impasse. Because I don't want to be a dick but we're kind of playing a game where we have to interact.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:14 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

I'm sorry. It's personal. And I don't really want to talk about it either, not in a public space. I'm going to try to get to a point where I can at least respond to what you're saying but it's just hard for me at the moment.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:15 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

And by personal, I mean personal to me. I don't have issue with you, I have issue with how you handled my slot because of personal reasons. So yeah. My bad I guess guys lol..
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:23 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

I'm going to leave this for now, don't expect any posts from me for a while.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:58 pm

Post by Roden »

:/

I'm hesitant to take this at face value, since a scum player pulled something similar with me before to get out of a scum read and then went on to win the game. Idk. If this is real then I'll just take it as a town tell for now and be real disappointed if this ends up being otherwise.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:00 pm

Post by Roden »

This at least feels more genuine than IV's response.
datsi
datsi
Goon
datsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:35 pm

Post by datsi »

In post 828, Mewtaph wrote:
In post 823, Roden wrote:
In post 813, Aristeia wrote:I don't have a lot of experience playing with IV so I am kind of relying on your experience here, however I don't think he's posted anything that makes me think he is trying to be active in advancing the game state - it's mostly "how dare you vote me" AtE which is very bleh to me.
Exactly why we need to run him up and get an actual claim out of him. I don't like that Mew and T3 wanted IV out until he was brought into claim range, but then got cold feet and swapped over to Margot therefore making all of their pressure pointless and showy. If they want to keep fake pressuring people we can 100% just vote T3 or Mew instead, as I don't see any reason to vote out Margot before any of the three that are voting her.
Fake pressuring people. Alright, nah. I didn't even want IV out so check your narrative. Except it's not even a narrative because you're IC, you're just wrong. Sigh.
This post actually feels really bad
VOTE: Mewtaph
If you dream of the role of power again, I will immediately ignore all the reasons. You came back and dreamed that Locke was a bulletproof multitasking cop and a self-targeting doctor from night. ~Melanque
datsi
datsi
Goon
datsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:37 pm

Post by datsi »

It a sort of hitting-your-head-against-a-wall tone I feel like scum typically display when trying to sway an IC or pseudo-IC
If you dream of the role of power again, I will immediately ignore all the reasons. You came back and dreamed that Locke was a bulletproof multitasking cop and a self-targeting doctor from night. ~Melanque
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:03 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

I really hate that this is going to be used for AI purposes but oh well I guess. I'm leaving out of the thread for a while to(kind of lied, committing to it this time) though I'd prefer if people talked around it, it can't really be helped. Probably going to not post for at least 12+ hours. Anyway hope people have fun cleaning up my mess lmao sorry.
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:10 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

I've read through again. Here's my stance.

I stand by my Mewtaph and IV scum reads. I asked for a claim because that is my understanding about what happens at e-1. I didn't specifically angle for IV to be killed n1, but if they were, that would have been fine with me, because I think they are scum, and given the setup is not revealed, the claim would likely not have meant anything anyway.

I still think T3 is likely not scum. I also Town Read the heck out of Datisi. I think the fact that Mewtaph and IV both voted for me is pretty scum indicative in my book, and I'm feeling more and more confident that I've solved two of the scum roles.

This is especially given the fact that all of IV's reasons for voting back at me are bizarre when you actually stop and think about it for five seconds. Like, asking for a claim is scum indicative? Trying to vote out someone you think is scum is scum indicative? What isn't scum indicative in your book IV? Anyone voting for anyone is scum. Is the only Townie in this game N_M?
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:05 am

Post by Mewtaph »

Margot, I'm curious. Do you think IV is in the best position to actually tag you for "correct" scumreads, y'know, full mug shot with evidence and proof and everything? And if not, then why exactly is their attempt to try and get a better read on you scummy? Other than the fact that you're previously scumreading them for reasons (I'm assuming there are other reasons besides this that you're scumreading IV for, anyway).

I know I did kind of go back on what I said almost immediately after I said it but you did post like 5 minutes after I did which was kind of miraculous considering I was gone for a good chunk of time so I saw your post.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:06 am

Post by Mewtaph »

Odds on a quick response In rating as low but if you come back to me within 12 hours I can't resist a reply.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:06 am

Post by Mewtaph »

on*
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:09 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 858, datsi wrote:
In post 828, Mewtaph wrote:
In post 823, Roden wrote:
In post 813, Aristeia wrote:I don't have a lot of experience playing with IV so I am kind of relying on your experience here, however I don't think he's posted anything that makes me think he is trying to be active in advancing the game state - it's mostly "how dare you vote me" AtE which is very bleh to me.
Exactly why we need to run him up and get an actual claim out of him. I don't like that Mew and T3 wanted IV out until he was brought into claim range, but then got cold feet and swapped over to Margot therefore making all of their pressure pointless and showy. If they want to keep fake pressuring people we can 100% just vote T3 or Mew instead, as I don't see any reason to vote out Margot before any of the three that are voting her.
Fake pressuring people. Alright, nah. I didn't even want IV out so check your narrative. Except it's not even a narrative because you're IC, you're just wrong. Sigh.
This post actually feels really bad
VOTE: Mewtaph
By the way, stuff like this is fine. Please just avoid talking about the personal stuff. It went there, yes, it happened but can we not discuss it and make it this whole big thing please. There are many other posts and points to read my slot from, go there. Thanks. And while obviously from my POV I don't want one of my stronger townreads to be voting me I can't really stop them from doing it unless I discuss what happened because this is essentially leading up to what happened and I don't want to do that. So I'm not going to. Cheers.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:19 am

Post by Mewtaph »

Like, if by the time I come back in here, I see people doing meta around this or like really, really get into calling me town or scum over this (basis of your read/vote/case) going to votepark you for the rest of the day phase and try to push my thoughts across anyway even if I don't think you're town. Just like don't do it lmao I feel bad enough for letting this happen already. Let's try to make this as painless to work around as either alignment as possible.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:52 am

Post by Mewtaph »

Thank youuu. And if someone does exactly what I said not to do, enjoy my vote boomeranging straight in your direction.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:07 am

Post by T3 »

In MN 2163 town iv got exasperated but also continued to scumhunt. He AtE'd for a little bit and got exasperated. He also called himself "obvtown" in 2163 and 2207.
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:08 am

Post by MargotRosa »

Your posts are so weird to read @Mewtaph. Like, still think you're probably scum, but even given that, it's bizarre how much you seem to be leaning into "Bond villain doing Freudian psychoanalysis and stroking a big white cat"
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:12 am

Post by MargotRosa »

In post 862, Mewtaph wrote:...And if not, then why exactly is their attempt to try and get a better read on you scummy? ...
This is such a mischaracterisation. I don't think they are scum because they are trying to work out if I'm scum. I feel they are scum because, as well as all reasons listed previously, as soon as the pressure dipped, they immediately jumped on the two players who were applying pressure on them (that is, myself and T3).
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:16 am

Post by Mewtaph »

Okay, fair enough.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:19 am

Post by Mewtaph »

Yeah, I am speaking from my point of view there. I do think that IV is voting you because they are trying to get a better read on you. That extra information does help though. Thank you.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:51 am

Post by T3 »

Conclusion on how iv responds to pressure: There aren't enough games to meta him by.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:55 am

Post by Mewtaph »

By the way I think ChaosOmega is town. Just wanted to squeeze that in there. Okay, bye.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”