Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:03 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 1447, Three wrote:
In post 1433, Iconeum wrote:i'm like

fairly sure all of wiki/wb/datisi are town but that's all i've got here
I don't know if I agree about Datisi yet, but yes Wiki and Dwlee seem town to me. Andres as well, and maybe Gamma. I feel decent enough about you as well.
I was just reading through Andres ISO and there are more posts that point toward town!andres then I thought. He's got a few particularly sharp ones, that I know town!him is capable of.
If all of andres/datisi/dwlee are town then i've got some high hopes here
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:04 pm

Post by Iconeum »

WIM? Help a dragon out please?
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:05 pm

Post by Three »

In post 1448, Iconeum wrote:
In post 1443, Three wrote:Do you town read/lean her then?
if i have to bin salsa somewhere, it's townlean. I think she's trying to form some kind of townblock/wagon on their scumreads even if it's a hard road. Like she's doing with GE.
I don't see it myself, but alright, it's a read.
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:05 pm

Post by Iconeum »

My problem with GE is that I feel he shoulda been more critical when sheeping Wiki's vote on me
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:07 pm

Post by Three »

In post 1451, Iconeum wrote:WIM? Help a dragon out please?
Wants It More

Basically how hard are they trying to win vs someone else.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:10 pm

Post by Three »

In post 1453, Iconeum wrote:My problem with GE is that I feel he shoulda been more critical when sheeping Wiki's vote on me
I need to ISO dive him since I sorted him aside early on. Do you think he's being opportunistic? Is he solving?
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:14 pm

Post by Three »

In post 223, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 200, Three wrote:I don't see why town would beg for more people to town tell on page 8, but maybe that's just me.
why would scum do it either lol
as for why I said that, I'm trying to use my new just-about-norm strat of townblocking slots early, forming a PoE based on those TRs, and crushing the scumteam beneath my bootheels. The faster I can get at least 50% of players into my townblock, the faster I can start applying pressure to a PoE solve. I'll be honest that I
do not
expect my townblock to be solid initially, 4 scum means there's more chances for someone to take the Cabd Clause ticket, but I also think that also means there's more chances for scum to underperform
Realized this strat never seemed to happen.

@Gamma:
Are you still working on making this happen?
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:17 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 1455, Three wrote:
In post 1453, Iconeum wrote:My problem with GE is that I feel he shoulda been more critical when sheeping Wiki's vote on me
I need to ISO dive him since I sorted him aside early on. Do you think he's being opportunistic? Is he solving?
Felt like he was enabling Wiki more then anything. I'd expected GE to call Wiki out on bad logic/case but sheep voting the case? That pinged me yeah
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Dorsey
Dorsey
Goon
Dorsey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:23 am

Post by Dorsey »

1423 - geraintm says he's not sorting anyone and it's "fair". I thought the perceived lack of sorting was why I was being voted. I feel this would be far more effective in person.
Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:32 am

Post by Selynee »

@Three

I think Andre is town here. They come off as common sense stuff and like genuinely trying to solve stuff when they could just vote someone (like Dorsley) and be done with it. Like , and . Like, that's no way someone would directly blame them for Dorsley getting miselim here (cuz the consensus is that he is playing badly if they are not mafia) and while wk might be a thing- I feel that would be easier to just let an easy miselim go on than trying to wk someone who barely posted.
Same for Faria. Like, they were scumreading her, made a case in so post like comes us genuinely trying to solve the game.

Datisi- I sort of like for the most part. Like I said, I didn't really like that vote on gera cuz it felt a bit...too easy, I guess. Like yes, his answer that they are parking the vote there after a pretty obvious fake claim was weird but didn't seem to consider what would be the motivation for maf!gera there to say that in that context. The whole conflict with Wiki doesn't seem very productive cuz I think Wiki is town...but that seem more frustration-related than anything else.

Almost is...meh. Actually, I think the most pro-town thing was trying to get reactions on his wagon but he didn't follow up.

I am still not sure about Dwelee. Not sure why maf them would want Faria to be elim so much today when she is already in a pretty bad position (aka might be elim without them getting the spotlight if she is town). Not a fan of the fact that never built a case here

Gamma- see . I like ...the only thing I don't agree with is that he is proposing basically . Don't agree with, doesn't mean I think it is a lot of maf motivation there.

Gera and Dorsley are somewhere between...why would mafia do this and well, they could easily be mafia going for "well, they'll think why would mafia do this"

And it's time for my daily walk outside (hoping I don't catch the virus) so I'll give my thoughts on the rest later today.
"For ours, a vale of better dreams"
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:50 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

So Ico wrote a lot of words but wiki is very obviously not Cyrus imo so I'm surprised y'all thought so
I prefer they, thanks :)
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:19 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Votecount 1.08

Dorsey (4) - Dwlee99, Salsabil Faria, Datisi, Iconeum
geraintm (3) - Almost50, Gamma Emerald, Wiki
Salsabil Faria (2) - Three, T3
Gamma Emerald (1) - Andresvmb
Almost50 (1) - Dorsey
Three (1) - Selynee
Dwlee99 (1) - geraintm

Not Voting (0) -

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to eliminate someone.

Deadline
: (expired on 2021-10-31 06:52:46)
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:22 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Gamma Emerald has requested replacement, searching for a replacement.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:49 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Looker replaces Gamma Emerald.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:50 am

Post by Andresvmb »

@Looker I think you need to quickly tell us what your early reactions are to the game once you have the time to skim.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:12 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1220, Selynee wrote: Interesting thought, though Dorsey didn't vote on any leading wagon till now. And they weren't lurking in the sense they tried to pass unobserved. Like, the vote on Icon and saying they are sheeping Wiki.
So, like voting here on a leading wagon would be even weirder.
Though I still think it’s a bit harder to come into the game and vote for a leading Town voice over say the second largest wagon or a player being more consistently SR as Scum, I do think the alternative viewpoint holds some merit. I’m just speculating based on what my experience has been, but objectively there isn’t a lot that would give away Dorsey’s alignment. Say the Scum Team has determined already that letting me be and then NK’ing me at some point in the game is what makes sense. Then having one of their members vote me is a real easy way to test whether there’s anybody in the Town that agrees (which could provide an opening), and if there isn’t, then they get to sit on a player that isn’t going to get executed soon.

Here’s what I’m looking for, and why I expressed the view that I did of Dorsey. In a game with 4 Scum, I would be urging my team to actually consolidate onto a Town and really avoid bussing this early. There’s no need, the Town are uncoordinated early, and this game has {geraintm, Dorsey, Salsa}. geraintm, as can be already seen, doesn’t actively solve D1. Dorsey isn’t really trying to make themselves heard and seems lost. And Salsa can quite obviously antagonize others, and has a history of self-voting. Assume for a minute 2 of those names are Town. With A50 also trying their best not to actively participate (even though they very much can), and Wiki polluting the thread with repetitive arguments, I would argue the gamestate is giving Scum a massive incentive to coordinate a mis-execution and try and convince the Town players that can more easily be manipulated of their righteous push.

And look at who happen to be the two leading wagons right now. If I had to guess, they’re both Town.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:14 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1428, Wiki wrote:
In post 1424, geraintm wrote:
In post 1343, Wiki wrote:Ok 1 day, i will be VERY busy on monday, the whole monday

Gera, explain your "825 times wrong" if you still think like that about that post
If I recall correctly, that post said I was scum or a traitor or something, and I was hyperbolically trying to suggest that was wrong
Hmmmm
So why it was wrong 825 times, not only 1 time?
I think that u was talking not only about a mistake in your color. Am I wrong?
i have no idea what you mean
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:17 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1465, Andresvmb wrote:And look at who happen to be the two leading wagons right now. If I had to guess, they’re both Town.
Okay so who is evil
I prefer they, thanks :)
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:29 am

Post by Looker »

In post 333, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 332, T3 wrote:
In post 323, Andresvmb wrote:Wait, did you just hard claim Day Cop? What the hell is happening.
mafia
I was clearly hinting at the stupidity of the action but sure, mafia.
Andres nullreads T3 with sarcasm.
In post 500, Wiki wrote:Scums: Gamma, Dwlee, Datisi, Dorsey. I will play this.
Wiki scumreads Dorsey
In post 521, T3 wrote:
In post 511, Selynee wrote:Why not? I mean, feel free to share.
I… just don’t have any more thoughts. The part where you talk about Andrea seemed designed to make it seem like you’re making discussion while pocketing Andres.
T3 townreads Andres
In post 836, Dorsey wrote:I sheep Wiki. You talk too much to be scum.
VOTE: Iconeum
Dorsey townreads Wiki
In post 851, Wiki wrote:I dont know what gamma sees good in Salsa.
I dont care.
Scums: Ico, Dwlee, Datisi, Salsa.
Go fast hammer smb and fast night.
Wiki does not scumread Gamma Emerald (Looker)
In post 947, T3 wrote:
In post 765, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: Icon
might not want to do that
T3 townreads Iconeum
In post 1157, Salsabil Faria wrote:
Meta saying
gera
is playing their town meta but don't know their scum meta, so null.
Three
is also null for me.
Wiki
doesn’t exist for me.
Dorsey
needs more pressure and I'm town :)
Salsa nullreads Three. Salsa nullreads geraintm.
In post 1216, Andresvmb wrote:@Wiki we have a philosophical disagreement around what you’re perceiving on Ico but I definitely TR the fact that you’re paying attention to this in this way. I just think you need to be less repetitive and frankly, obnoxious.

I have a feeling Scum care about building a worldview that makes sense. I would argue Scum are less likely to express a TR of a slot and then turn around and vote that slot based on vibes they had or little explanation. It sticks out, so people like you will point it out and argue it’s Scummy. But it’s early in the game. Reads aren’t fully formed. It happens that people change their minds quickly in the early part of the game. I would argue your argument doesn’t seem correct in my mind.

Also, I’m not going to get into a massive back and forth over this. That’s my opinion as to why you might be wrong on Ico. But I feel much more uncertain about Ico’s alignment.
Andres nullreads Iconeum
In post 1437, Iconeum wrote:i don't know how to read salsa or Three or T3
Ico doesn't read T3
In post 1450, Iconeum wrote:I was just reading through Andres ISO and there are more posts that point toward town!andres then I thought. He's got a few particularly sharp ones, that I know town!him is capable of.
If all of andres/datisi/dwlee are town then i've got some high hopes here
Ico townreads Andres
Three does not townread Salsabil Faria

What are geraintm's reads?

In post 1452, Three wrote:
In post 1448, Iconeum wrote:
In post 1443, Three wrote:Do you town read/lean her then?
if i have to bin salsa somewhere, it's townlean. I think she's trying to form some kind of townblock/wagon on their scumreads even if it's a hard road. Like she's doing with GE.
I don't see it myself, but alright, it's a read.
Three does not townread Salsabil Faria

What is Three's read on Geraintm?
What is Dorsey's read on Gamma Emerald/Looker?

Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:29 am

Post by Looker »

Making notes for my personal benefit.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:31 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Which is why Dorsey’s vote doesn’t strike me as Scummy. They’ve since moved it to A50 and they’re sitting there by themselves. I have a feeling Scum are more likely here to want to get a wagon going with a few members and get a bit vocal about it.

I have Selynee as Town, and Salsa as Town btw. I think Three is trying to solve, and they did come across to me as overly stubborn (which reminds me of myself funny enough).

I think the GE slot, one of {Datisi/DW}, T3, and Iconeum have some (most?) of the Scum. It’s an early perception, I don’t claim to be any good, and I could absolutely have the game upside down. It’s happened before, could happen again. If Ico/Datisi are both Scum, it could explain that early (and frankly, somewhat awkward) sorting, and the mutual TRs occurring (Datisi has posted enough that I’m going to have to re-read the ISO, but I can’t really say I’m convinced there’s a strong case to be made there about them being Scum, and I have TR Ico and I haven’t totally shaken those early vibes, but the latest posting isn’t convincing to me).

DW seems to me to be pushing too hard to me. That’s another ISO I am going to have to re-read, but it’s not solvey enough and almost overly confrontational from what I can recall.

And I don’t know what the hell to do about Wiki. I think they’re Town. I don’t think they’ll shut up. I think they’re not easily manipulated though. And they’re repeatedly hinting at some sort of role (it’s way too obvious not to mention it), which might make it so that they’re sorted anyway. I wouldn’t touch it.
Wiki
Wiki
Goon
Wiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:33 am

Post by Wiki »

Looker, why he replaced?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:39 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1093, Dwlee99 wrote:Salsa is just scummy my guy
In post 1122, Dwlee99 wrote:I really just want salsa flipped and next day phase
In post 810, Dwlee99 wrote:Cause you're scum

Do you think I am? Because last I checked your story was that you were townreading me
In post 805, Dwlee99 wrote:Yea the thing is gera is playing differently this game than there so your "meta" is just a bad attempt at diffusing pressure on him
In post 800, Dwlee99 wrote:What are you seeing there dats

Fmpov gera has made some surface level posts and don't nothing townie since his extremely scummy entrance

And yes, meta bad, but I don't even think you can claim this would be meta town for him
In post 792, Dwlee99 wrote:Salsa I'm very confident you're gonna flip red but I know you have to pretend you won't and that is sad
In post 788, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 786, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 773, Dwlee99 wrote:Can we vote gera
What’s is the case on
gera
?
That he has a red role pm
In post 779, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 777, Almost50 wrote:
I was, but apparently someone thinks I'm a better lim, so I'm just being a team player.
You can also vote salsa
In post 489, Dwlee99 wrote:Okay gamma is locktown now
In post 813, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 811, Salsabil Faria wrote:
Where?
As town, you can't be so sure on anyone but you're that sure on me on D1 already?? Why not voting me then and convince people to eliminate me if you're
that
sure?
Cause I'm voting gera, a different scum
These are not in order but you get the point. I started to think DW’s early aggression was Towny. I am reading these posts and thinking that they’re expressing too much certainty. And the post where they concede that Salsa could be Town? Fascinating after some of the other stuff that’s been said.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:39 am

Post by Looker »

In post 1465, Andresvmb wrote:Here’s what I’m looking for, and why I expressed the view that I did of Dorsey. In a game with 4 Scum, I would be urging my team to actually consolidate onto a Town and really avoid bussing this early. There’s no need, the Town are uncoordinated early, and this game has {geraintm, Dorsey, Salsa}. geraintm, as can be already seen, doesn’t actively solve D1. Dorsey isn’t really trying to make themselves heard and seems lost. And Salsa can quite obviously antagonize others, and has a history of self-voting. Assume for a minute 2 of those names are Town. With A50 also trying their best not to actively participate (even though they very much can), and Wiki polluting the thread with repetitive arguments, I would argue the gamestate is giving Scum a massive incentive to coordinate a mis-execution and try and convince the Town players that can more easily be manipulated of their righteous push.

And look at who happen to be the two leading wagons right now. If I had to guess, they’re both Town.
No offense to them (geraintm, Dorsey), but it's really easy to see weaker players being pushed around, especially when you look at the Activity Overview. Seeing how content the wagon is is kind of glaring.
In post 1471, Wiki wrote:Looker, why he replaced?
Gamma and I aren't friends - I have no idea what they think.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:40 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1471, Wiki wrote:Looker, why he replaced?
You can’t actually try and hint at the motivation behind a replacement. Just so that you avoid a warning.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”