House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:25 pm

Post by House »

In post 120, House wrote:
In post 102, innocentvillager wrote:Naked votes are not a scumtell.
I agree with both of these posts.

VOTE: innocentvillager
How does this == TMI iv town?

Anyone?
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:26 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i didn't say anything about your vp read? that's *my* vp read ...

and i also didn't say that you have a tmi read on iv, that's what frog said, i'm repeating it to show you that he thinks he has more reasons to scumread you then 'there's no case so you must be scum!1!!!'

i don't know what iv read he's referring to, you can ask him if you like
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:27 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 524, innocentvillager wrote:That's not how math works - if I claim to have a model that predicts a 50% event with 75% probability and I predict wrong in one instance, that doesn't prove my model is trash.
It certainly doesn't prove it works! What is the point if arguing this?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:28 pm

Post by House »

In post 526, skitter30 wrote:i didn't say anything about your vp read? that's *my* vp read ...

and i also didn't say that you have a tmi read on iv, that's what frog said, i'm repeating it to show you that he thinks he has more reasons to scumread you then 'there's no case so you must be scum!1!!!'

I know, which you're agreeing with MY vp read.

Considering he's straight up lying about me having TMI on iv, my posts about him, seven single damned one of them, stand.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:28 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 524, innocentvillager wrote:Okay, why?
- idk why scum-him feels the need to meta me here, or why he bothers to do so
- he's trying to de-escalate me/house, no reason to do that as scum (if anything, he should be trying to egg that on)
- i like that he's trying to get over the survey thing
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:29 pm

Post by House »

In post 528, House wrote:
In post 526, skitter30 wrote:i didn't say anything about your vp read? that's *my* vp read ...

Considering he's straight up lying about me having TMI on iv, my posts about him, every* single damned one of them, stand.
*cries in typo correction*

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:30 pm

Post by House »

In post 529, skitter30 wrote:- he's trying to de-escalate me/house, no reason to do that as scum (if anything, he should be trying to egg that on)
Actually, scum often play peacemaker for easy town points.

Not saying he's scum, just saying that's NOT why he's town.

Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:33 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 498, innocentvillager wrote:If I need to be flipped this game to establish that this is kind of play from me going forward is part of my town meta that's fine.
IV do you have an completed game where you were ok with being misflipped as town?

I kind of remember you using this kind of ate in the last game we played together:

viewtopic.php?p=13026522#p13026522
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:35 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 529, skitter30 wrote:
In post 524, innocentvillager wrote:Okay, why?
- idk why scum-him feels the need to meta me here, or why he bothers to do so
- he's trying to de-escalate me/house, no reason to do that as scum (if anything, he should be trying to egg that on)
- i like that he's trying to get over the survey thing
Ehh I'm vaguely convinced by point 1 (maybe VP is being thorough as scum too) but not really the others

I'm surprised you gave very material reasons here tbh - I've never played with scum!Baltar but I have a feeling I'll just like, not get the exact same vibe from him as I do in every single town game I play with him. I'm vaguely getting hints of that here but for me it's not strong enough to constitute any sort of real lean atm, but ofc I haven't read the whole game. But I was more wondering if his recent posting gave you similar tonal vibes that it gave me but it seems that's not the case.

pedit: yeah what House said re: point 2
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:35 pm

Post by House »

In post 525, House wrote:
In post 120, House wrote:
In post 102, innocentvillager wrote:Naked votes are not a scumtell.
I agree with both of these posts.

VOTE: innocentvillager
How does this == TMI iv town?

Anyone?
I can't see town thinking this is scum TMI.

I *can* see scum suspecting this is a Mason crumb.

Would explain his interest in trying to push me early.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:38 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 533, innocentvillager wrote:Ehh I'm vaguely convinced by point 1 (maybe VP is being thorough as scum too) but not really the others

I'm surprised you gave very material reasons here tbh - I've never played with scum!Baltar but I have a feeling I'll just like, not get the exact same vibe from him as I do in every single town game I play with him. I'm vaguely getting hints of that here but for me it's not strong enough to constitute any sort of real lean atm, but ofc I haven't read the whole game. But I was more wondering if his recent posting gave you similar tonal vibes that it gave me but it seems that's not the case.
fair enuf
i've only played the one game with him, where i misread him, and spent like two whole dayphases pushing him, so i can't say i'm like an expert at reading him or anything, but these things struck me as townie. this read is largely independent of that game, and has little to do with it, and yeah this isn't really a tonal read for me
Show
Hiatus once more.

innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:38 pm

In post 532, Aristeia wrote:
In post 498, innocentvillager wrote:If I need to be flipped this game to establish that this is kind of play from me going forward is part of my town meta that's fine.
IV do you have an completed game where you were ok with being misflipped as town?

I kind of remember you using this kind of ate in the last game we played together:

viewtopic.php?p=13026522#p13026522
That post was literally a last ditch AtE attempt, while I'm far from being actually eliminated in this game.

I feel like I've mentioned it many times that this is a new playstyle that I am experimenting with upon inning this game (like, I literally /inned into the queue with "oh god because I hate myself" if that doesn't make it clear), and that I shouldn't be read on this alone.

So while there might be some town game of mine out there where I am vaguely okay with being eliminated, it's not really relevant for this game. You'll have to read me based on whatever you see here.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:39 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 528, House wrote:

Considering he's straight up lying about me having TMI on iv, my posts about him, seven single damned one of them, stand.
House if you're town you need to chill so we can talk.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:39 pm

Post by Aristeia »

ok but why?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:42 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

IV, did we have a game together where you were scum? I can't remember
YOUR AD HERE

Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:42 pm

Post by Aristeia »

if its not clear; why are you changing your playstyle for this game?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:44 pm

Post by House »

In post 537, Frogsterking wrote:House if you're town you need to chill so we can talk.

innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:48 pm

Aristeia wrote:if its not clear; why are you changing your playstyle for this game?
Spoiler: previous things I said
In post 233, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 223, Datisi wrote:which is reminding me of the fact how useful it would be to have iv actually play the darn game if he's town
ive been spending too much rl time on this site tbh/am in two games at once so i didn't sign up with the intention of tryharding/being thread obsessive this game (sorry), i just thought the plist looked fun

im not going to bitch and scream if im eliminated this game. unless for some reason i do get into obvtown territory but i don't think i will this game. also i wont just get autoyeeted in future scumgames for low activity which is a huge plus because as everyone here knows innocentvillager hates playing scum
In post 498, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 340, House wrote:
In post 315, VP Baltar wrote:House, what is your thought on IV?
I'm naturally wary of old guard.

I'm not even gonna pretend to have a read on players with older join dates than my own this early on d1.

... except Titus. I'll call her town on page 1 and marry that read.
In post 357, House wrote:
In post 356, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 343, House wrote:
In post 341, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 340, House wrote:I'm naturally wary of old guard.
You're probably considered old guard at this point. But why do you feel that way?
Not really, I was only active for a couple years.

I've only recently (legitimately) returned.

I was here a while under different names evading my indefinite ban, but my play was so stilted trying to avoid being caught out that those games didn't really benefit me much.

I still feel like a rookie, in many respects.
Why are you wary of people you consider old guard though?
Experience typically translates to skilled scum.
Note that you're admitting that your own join date isn't reflective of your experience but generalizing it to other people

Fwiw I'd say I'm in relatively the same boat. I take a lot of hiatuses and have varying levels of motivation for this game.

Even so, my current meta is very polarized and it has historically been easy to tell scum!me apart from town!me. I've been playing scum for a while but it's still very distinguishable from my towngame, you can ask anyone here. I get the sense that you are somewhat of the same way.

If I need to be flipped this game to establish that this is kind of play from me going forward is part of my town meta that's fine. Also, I'm not necessarily that much busier per say, but I just don't want to be devoting boatloads of my time and energy to this game anymore. Some recent games took a lot out of me; I'm experimenting here and trying to strike a balance. If that means I get yeeted more often as town and am considered and even worse player than I already am, I will learn to accept it. Or maybe I'll siteflake again, who knows honestly.
In post 397, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 391, VP Baltar wrote:Why wouldn't the mafia just lie on your survey?
In post 392, Datisi wrote:completing the survey would be the first thing i would do as scum because i don't believe for a second that someone who has zero prior experience with me can accurately read my alignment based on seeing a personality test report
Also these are both very interesting responses, so credit to Frogster for eliciting them.
Why do you think these responses are towny? The Datisi one I can maybe maybe see, but definitely not the VP Baltar one.
In post 507, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 506, House wrote:
In post 501, innocentvillager wrote:Or maybe I'll siteflake again, who knows honestly.
I'd rather you didn't. Please let me know if something I'm doing contributes to that consideration.
Thank you, and no, nothing you did! Sorry if I made it seem like it was anything you said, I meant that comment more generally towards people who are scumreading me. I talked a bit about this in previous posts but it's simply my engagement with games on this site in recent times - I have a very thread obsessive playstyle normally (especially as town) and I realized I use a lot of RL time (e.g. work time) to think about and play this game more than I should. I'd like to be able to continue playing mafia because it's a fun game, even if sometimes stressful.

Anyway, I don't think my behavior this game is scum!indicative given that I inned with the intention of playing this way as either alignment, but I can see why familiars immediately went after me for it. That was expected. I don't think I'm going to be an easy read this game otherwise (honestly, I would probably be playing similarly had I rolled scum) so if I need to flipped sooner rather than later, then it is what it is.
VP Baltar wrote:IV, did we have a game together where you were scum? I can't remember
no. We've been TvT in 2180, Jungle, and 2207. Actually, you me and Datisi were TvTvT in all 3 of those.

Fun fact, we lost all of those games.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:51 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 542, innocentvillager wrote:no. We've been TvT in 2180, Jungle, and 2207. Actually, you me and Datisi were TvTvT in all 3 of those.

Oof, jungle hurt. Here is all of us being town and getting redemption.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:51 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

*here is to
YOUR AD HERE

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:52 pm

Post by House »

So, the reason I play as "Chaotic Good", is because I lack self-confidence in my own reads, so I offset that by being a polarizing player because my play trends to generate alignment indicative content in response to my posts.

A bunch of players sitting around the fire changing Kumbaya allows scum to blend in and subtly influence the game. Chaos makers tend to force people to show their hand earlier than they expect.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:53 pm

Post by House »

In post 545, House wrote:So, the reason I play as "Chaotic Good", is because I lack self-confidence in my own reads, so I offset that by being a polarizing player because my play trends to generate alignment indicative content in response to my posts.

A bunch of players sitting around the fire chanting* Kumbaya allows scum to blend in and subtly influence the game. Chaos makers tend to force people to show their hand earlier than they expect.
I can't even post straight, today.

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:53 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 541, House wrote:
In post 537, Frogsterking wrote:House if you're town you need to chill so we can talk.
Okay great. Maybe I made some mistakes about your intentions and we are t v t?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:55 pm

Post by House »

In post 547, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 541, House wrote:
Okay great. Maybe I made some mistakes about your intentions and we are t v t?
How is anything I posted in regards to iv prior to your vote on me remotely suggestive of being scum TMI'ing town?

innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:56 pm

In post 543, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 542, innocentvillager wrote:no. We've been TvT in 2180, Jungle, and 2207. Actually, you me and Datisi were TvTvT in all 3 of those.

Oof, jungle hurt. Here is all of us being town and getting redemption.
It's possible!

And while we lost all those games I'd consider the outcomes of those quite unlucky - I think on balance the three of us contributed more + to town than the average player.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”