Mini Normal 2272: Flash Games | Game Over!

JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #2200 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 10:38 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 2198, Titus wrote:This game was not in any way balanced.

One slot had to survive to not create masons.
One near guaranteed clear/guilty from gunsmith.
Unlimmable universal backup.
Unlimmable detective who autoclears if the game reaches 1 scum.

Versus 1 rolecop that can only detect one role.
Somewhat agree and disagree at the same time. The UB taking the role of a neighbour was a way to make the neighbourhood not a masonry. Although swingy in the sense if another PR died first or they were checked by the GS as is which happened first.

UB is not unlimmable except for when they were checked.
How is Detective not yeetable? Although they definitely should have been lazy instead of novice, if not both. GS clear/guilty is not unbalanced.

The finder should have been a tracker, or similar though.
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Uncle Vanya
Uncle Vanya
He
Townie
Uncle Vanya
He
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 10:46 am

Post by Uncle Vanya »

Epic Flash games
Show
And when our last hour comes
we'll go quietly.
And in the great beyond, we'll say to Him
that we suffered,
that we cried,
that life was hard…
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 10:56 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I wouldn’t call my role or Gera’s unlimmable
There could have been a narrative that I was a scum backup neighbor
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 11:02 am

Post by DkKoba »

if anyone cared about my mod meta, this would be a fatal mistake and I would have put the whole scum team in the hood if I wanted to. putting only 1 in was a random choice and I was debating on 2-3 too. Setup gaming hoods is bad.

If there was no PR in the hood I would have even leaned towards a pure hood just to enforce dayplay.

Gamma was limmable without the GS report and the detective is limmable too.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 11:14 am

Post by DkKoba »

While my original setup idea was deemed too scumsided - I believe what was decided on at the end was just fine and simply required scum to play with the info they had, which was that there was a UB and they had eyes into the hood and no other info gathering abilities.

It was meant to prod them into believing there was a PR in the hood and to shoot into it.

detective is kinda a lol-PR that doesnt really get much and rarely gets guilties.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 11:15 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I think site meta is to favor the town somewhat. In game's that I've modded they have often been deemed to scum sided by the reviewers for some reason.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 11:19 am

Post by MathBlade »

I tend to find games here more townsided than most which if played right favor scum due to a paradox that VSauce covers that too much information can make you dumb.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 11:20 am

Post by MathBlade »

This one wasn’t as bad as traitor game but yeah.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Carcalilly
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 12:46 pm

Post by Carcalilly »

In post 2193, MathBlade wrote:I am amazed Titus didn’t pick up I was a PR though. I think if I was vanilla neighbor I might believe her
meuh and I very softly had a feeling and I totally regret not warning about it in the PT >_<
"don't be carcasilly" -
RadiantCowbells
Carcalilly
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 12:47 pm

Post by Carcalilly »

In post 2189, Crescent wrote:Honestly I think my wall isn't that extensive if I'm in the right mindset to post day 2 though. I ended up in the ER until past 2am, then the only route I knew home was blocked and my phone was dead. It took me almost an hour to find my way home on what should've been a 20 minute trip.

Things like this completely short circuit my ability to get into the mindset I need to be in to play mafia.
lifeshit comes first obviously, hope youre a lot better now tho. You're mad fun to play with actually, and I hope I see you around on the site more :D
"don't be carcasilly" -
RadiantCowbells
Carcalilly
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2210 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 12:52 pm

Post by Carcalilly »

honestly my least favorite balance thing was the UB inheriting the neighborhood, is a scum universal backup even normal? I treated that happening like an IC.

also trust i didnt treat no pr claims like ICs except for math's tbh
"don't be carcasilly" -
RadiantCowbells
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 1:10 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2209, Carcalilly wrote:
In post 2189, Crescent wrote:Honestly I think my wall isn't that extensive if I'm in the right mindset to post day 2 though. I ended up in the ER until past 2am, then the only route I knew home was blocked and my phone was dead. It took me almost an hour to find my way home on what should've been a 20 minute trip.

Things like this completely short circuit my ability to get into the mindset I need to be in to play mafia.
lifeshit comes first obviously, hope youre a lot better now tho. You're mad fun to play with actually, and I hope I see you around on the site more :D
If this were where I'm used to playing, I'd have had like 5 guys trying to "put me in my place" by the end of day 1 zzzzz
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 1:11 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

this is the second game I played where I got to enter a neighborhood via being a backup role of some kind, and both were quite fun (was a scum backup neighbor the last time)
scum UB is normal but the way UB functions in normals is it only backs up roles of the same alignment
so I was double-cleared once math died
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2213 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 1:13 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2211, Crescent wrote:
In post 2209, Carcalilly wrote:

If this were where I'm used to playing, I'd have had like 5 guys trying to "put me in my place" by the end of day 1 zzzzz
your old place of play sounds absolutely awful in terms of the people
I kinda wanna know what it was so I can avoid it at all costs
<Embrace The Void>

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2214 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2212, Gamma Emerald wrote:this is the second game I played where I got to enter a neighborhood via being a backup role of some kind, and both were quite fun (was a scum backup neighbor the last time)
scum UB is normal but the way UB functions in normals is it only backs up roles of the same alignment
so I was double-cleared once math died
only visible stuff was that you were became a neighbor - you could be a scum backup neighbor who takes the neighbor ability from math
retired
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2215 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 1:20 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

was already gunsmith inno'd, plus since I got maht's role I could have potentially done something with that
I was probably gonna fake a result d4 if the game got to that point and I was alive (but seeing as scum knew what I was that was never happening)
<Embrace The Void>

Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2216 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 1:26 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 2210, Carcalilly wrote:honestly my least favorite balance thing was the UB inheriting the neighborhood, is a scum universal backup even normal? I treated that happening like an IC.

also trust i didnt treat no pr claims like ICs except for math's tbh
UB can only inherit prs from players they’re aligned with (according to the wiki at least), so scum UB wouldn’t have joined the hood.
I think other roles could’ve, though? Not well versed in which though.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2217 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 1:31 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 2208, Carcalilly wrote:
In post 2193, MathBlade wrote:I am amazed Titus didn’t pick up I was a PR though. I think if I was vanilla neighbor I might believe her
meuh and I very softly had a feeling and I totally regret not warning about it in the PT >_<
I mentioned that MathBlade read as having too much information like an hour before he claimed. :lol:
I’m surprised no townies picked up on it tbh
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #2218 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 1:33 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Meuh was online for a decent while after Math claimed. Had no posts elsewhere on the site in that time and then dipped as soon as they posted here. That was my tell. Not sure how reliable it is, but you were scum so eh.
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2219 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 1:33 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2215, Gamma Emerald wrote:was already gunsmith inno'd, plus since I got maht's role I could have potentially done something with that
I was probably gonna fake a result d4 if the game got to that point and I was alive (but seeing as scum knew what I was that was never happening)
again - possible you are a mafia doctor neighbor backup
retired
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2220 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 1:42 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 2218, JacksonVirgo wrote:Meuh was online for a decent while after Math claimed. Had no posts elsewhere on the site in that time and then dipped as soon as they posted here. That was my tell. Not sure how reliable it is, but you were scum so eh.
I assumed it had something to do with when I was/wasn’t online.
Maybe I should hide that from now on, it doesn’t help me when I’m town and it can hurt me when I’m scum.
My activity patterns are generally pretty weird and I lurk a lot, so I wouldn’t really say it’s that reliable. Hard for me to declare my own scum meta though :lol:
I think I lurk a bit more as scum.

I played pretty terribly this game so I’ll definitely have to change my playstyle up a bit and put more effort into the game next time. I wasn’t lying about out of game factors, those definitely played a role, but I still could’ve done more.
I just find playing scum so exhausting.
Switching up the way I play town might be nice to give myself more wiggle room as scum, tbh

Overall a learning experience and considering my only other scum game on here ended up with me limmed day 1, I guess this is an improvement! :D
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2221 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 1:51 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2218, JacksonVirgo wrote:Meuh was online for a decent while after Math claimed. Had no posts elsewhere on the site in that time and then dipped as soon as they posted here. That was my tell. Not sure how reliable it is, but you were scum so eh.
I don’t feel like that’s illegal OGI?
You honestly could have just said she was lurking and left it at that
<Embrace The Void>

Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2222 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 2:01 pm

Post by Crescent »

I've seen such meta used before. It can be fairly accurate, but is generally frowned upon.

I sometimes lurk as both town and scum, and I'm used to doing with while hiding my activity just so people won't notice and call it out.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2223 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 3:30 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That sort of callout is actively discouraged on my homesite because mafia isn’t the focus there and it makes people uncomfortable to have their activity monitored like that
<Embrace The Void>

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2224 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 5:12 pm

Post by MathBlade »

It also discourages thinking careful thought.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”