Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 8:41 am

Post by DeasVail »

Dann, from RCE I’ve liked the opposition to popular wagons without feeling the need to proclaim a townread on the wagoned slots. I think it’s quite common for town to feel uncomfortable with a wagon without really being able to explain why, while scum will more likely feel the need to have a ~reason~ for what they say.
The townread on me feels a little easy, and is probably stronger than it should be, but for all the right reasons? The whole kitty sequence is very town-me but I guess I would replicate that as scum. Probably I would have picked another direction to go in by now if I were scum though.

Why do you scumread RCE?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 8:42 am

Post by RCEnigma »

I thought it was a political answer angled more at guessing where I was going with the line of questioning. I had already thought it townie that Gamma decide to anchor themselves to you as early as they had before I asked you that question.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 8:43 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 395, RCEnigma wrote:Also shameless omgus VOTE: Dannflor

My DV read is kind of reinforced and for the same reasons he snuck into my townreads to begin with (his re evaluation of Kitty at the time) and kitty is prob town here.
out of the possible votes, Dannflor feels a bit odd rn
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 8:44 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I think if VD were town and actually had a scum read on me he would have continued to sit on me instead of leave at the drop of a haat.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 8:48 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 402, Gamma Emerald wrote:

My DV read is kind of reinforced and for the same reasons he snuck into my townreads to begin with (his re evaluation of Kitty at the time) and kitty is prob town here.
I think danns direct defense of Kitty is very slanted and aimed at getting a foothold in a game that's....not out of grasp but his start puts him a step behind. I'm seeing it very much as an approach I like to take when I rep into scum slots and try to ingrain myself in conversation. Also possibly gaining an ally.

You weren't able to see cheeky and I'd correspondence in FFXIV but that was the last time I got this feeling and it was wheme employing tactics I use specifically as scum.

I am very confident in this read so it's the best place for my vote.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 8:55 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 401, RCEnigma wrote:I thought it was a political answer angled more at guessing where I was going with the line of questioning.
why is a political answer instead of ya know, my feelings and thoughts?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 8:59 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 405, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 401, RCEnigma wrote:I thought it was a political answer angled more at guessing where I was going with the line of questioning.
why is a political answer instead of ya know, my feelings and thoughts?
Just the guy feeling I got with the answer.

I'll say in a similar vein to FL, when I ask questions generally I already have an expected outcome or multiple expected outcomes.

(E.g x as Y alignment will probably answer this question this way but as A alignment they likely answer along these lines instead.)

My question was somewhat loaded this way so it's possible it was unfair from the start. But I already know that and it's something I take into account making reads.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 9:05 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm not sure that's a very good way to scumhunt.

RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 9:12 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Meh, it's a real world idiosyncrasy that carries over to my games. So I don't have a say in if it's good or bad I just make the best of it.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 9:19 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 404, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 402, Gamma Emerald wrote:

I think danns direct defense of Kitty is very slanted and aimed at getting a foothold in a game that's....not out of grasp but his start puts him a step behind. I'm seeing it very much as an approach I like to take when I rep into scum slots and try to ingrain myself in conversation. Also possibly gaining an ally.

You weren't able to see cheeky and I'd correspondence in FFXIV but that was the last time I got this feeling and it was wheme employing tactics I use specifically as scum.

I am very confident in this read so it's the best place for my vote.
Ah, okay.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 10:13 am

Post by Enchant »

Why ppl i put in scum townread me for that.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 10:13 am

Post by Enchant »

Or why it is
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 10:15 am

Post by Nero Cain »

it depends but sometimes scum will town read those that are scum reading them.

Carcalilly
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 10:38 am

Post by Carcalilly »

@Dannflor I kinda wanna know what you think of Tako and IVD
"don't be carcasilly" -
RadiantCowbells
Carcalilly
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 10:55 am

Post by Carcalilly »

In post 396, SirCakez wrote:
In post 394, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 389, SirCakez wrote:
In post 388, SirCakez wrote:
In post 370, RCEnigma wrote: Gamma and Nero are in weird spots. I want to scumread gamma but I don't think anything they've done feels like gamma!scum. I hate the taco wagon but gamma doesn't jump out as the scummiest vote. I had them as townish before the wagon though so ehh.
Hate all of this it's such a fencesit
Fixed
Get all the way out of here. I'm undecided on 2 slots that have dubious connections but named 4 other slots as definitive reads. So dig a little deeper and explain why having null reads in addition to my townreads is A.) An issue and 2.) In any way scum indicative.
Your other reads are totally irrelevant
To me it looks like you made that post about taco and gamma just to leave yourself open to voting both
This almost feels like a misrep to me. Is having one or two null reads fencesitting now? Just straight up cutting the whole TR list out because it's irrelevant? Is RCE just not supposed to share their thoughts? There's little harm in the indecisiveness at this point.
"don't be carcasilly" -
RadiantCowbells
Carcalilly
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 10:57 am

Post by Carcalilly »

Everyone do me a favor and skim NK15's ISO and come back to me as to why they aren't the leading wagon, ty.
"don't be carcasilly" -
RadiantCowbells
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 10:58 am

Post by Nero Cain »

b/c scum is comfortable in this game state.

Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 11:03 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 416, Nero Cain wrote:b/c scum is comfortable in this game state.
Why's the gamestate bad?
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 11:06 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 377, RCEnigma wrote:The sheeping, the lack of input,
and the wagon you jumped from to get there.
Explain.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 11:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 417, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 416, Nero Cain wrote:b/c scum is comfortable in this game state.
Why's the gamestate bad?
I'm not sure if scum is being wagoned while scum VD is not being wagoned. Assuming that scererio is true that seems like it's not a good gamestate for town.

Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 11:52 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 419, Nero Cain wrote:I'm not sure if scum is being wagoned while scum VD is not being wagoned. Assuming that scererio is true that seems like it's not a good gamestate for town.
Why do you assume that scenario is true? Would you expect scum to push for a competing scum wagon if both are scum?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 12:09 pm

Post by DeasVail »

VOTE: Not Known 15
Rah!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 12:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 420, Not Known 15 wrote:Would you expect scum to push for a competing scum wagon if both are scum?
yes

ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 12:40 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

VOTE: NK15
I wonder if MH coached Italiano at all or if that was just rock solid scum play start to finish.
- MUSHSHAGANA
I don’t feel like this specific town could have beaten this scum strategy played as strongly as it was.
- MUSHSHAGANA
I'm frustrated with myself that I can't get any sort of read on you.
- Redados
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 2:19 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

This NK15 wagon feels like it exists solely because people don't like the Tako wagon
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”