Mini Normal 2275: Roguelikes - Day 3: Endgame!

Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:07 am

Post by Eiralox »

freds looks fishy. i also agree loft should do a full claim now, but there are certain scenarios and roles where id likely also be recalcitrant to do a full claim. whether that comes or not, im not voting on a claim d1. it can be verified or disproved. either fred or no exe for at me this point.

i'm out.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:33 am

Post by Eiralox »

actually im starting to lean scum on FAncyPants as well. their willingness to revote loftwing:

fancypants townreads confidently wrong but cw is townreading loftwing but fancypants seems still ok with loftwing elim after claim?

this all raises confidently wrong in my estimation, i'm holding open the possibility that cw is town and that at least some of the scum team is walkin in their shadow.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:39 am

Post by Eiralox »

the only hard counter to this is fancypants unvote, depending on loftwing alignment. would scum fancy have unvoted? the other question is, fancy expressed intent to vote eira/lowell. now they stated they might vote loftwing anyway after i voted fred. so idk, i guess im just noting this stuff here. and now im out for real, peace.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:45 am

Post by FancyPants »

In post 926, Eiralox wrote:actually im starting to lean scum on FAncyPants as well. their willingness to revote loftwing:

fancypants townreads confidently wrong but cw is townreading loftwing but fancypants seems still ok with loftwing elim after claim?

this all raises confidently wrong in my estimation, i'm holding open the possibility that cw is town and that at least some of the scum team is walkin in their shadow.
I know interacting with each other drives us both insane but if you're going to say something about me I have to respond.

Refering specifically to the bold part, I think CW is probably town, and also wrong about Loftwing, townies can be wrong because they don't actually know everyone's alignment. This should be obvious.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:47 am

Post by FancyPants »

In post 925, Eiralox wrote:freds looks fishy. i also agree loft should do a full claim now, but there are certain scenarios and roles where id likely also be recalcitrant to do a full claim. whether that comes or not, im not voting on a claim d1. it can be verified or disproved. either fred or no exe for at me this point.

i'm out.
No elim... Really?
I'd rather vote almost anyone than no elim.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:51 am

Post by Eiralox »

noted, thank you. there's still a few things that give me scummy vibes from recent you, past you i felt green on. same with fred, i've been getting scum vibes lately. no elim cos i got no good reasons for other folk. i can always add u to that list but as i said my vote stays on fred.

not starting a wagon on you any time time soon tho so, peace x2
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:05 am

Post by FancyPants »

I don't want to start an argument with you but I am curious about the no elim thing.

If we elim a random person we have a 25% chance of hitting scum. If we elim noone we have a 0% chance of hitting scum that's my perspective.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:21 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Sorry it's taken me so long, post on Fred incoming (interesting that Eira just mentioned scum in the shadows of town)
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:26 am

Fred;

This was the first post that caught my attention. The LAMIST post, give three town reads. Extremely easy for scum to do given the extra information they have - three scum reads would be better to create actual content, no?

The random push on the LHF. I get this to an extent, it's early game so push the low posters for content. , though continues this push further, now it becomes a 'genuine push' as opposed to a low content push and is where I start to dislike it. This is the first time he sheeps CW.

His fascination with Eira not voting anyone. This continues for quite some time and yet he doesn't apply this to other players - like Malcolm.

He votes Eira. Sheeping CW (again) and Irrelephant. Now, as scum, this is a great way to go by unnoticed right? Just do what the loudest, widest town read players do and you get no hassle. He very much goes with the flow of the thread and I'm not sure I've seen any originality from him at all?

OK, some explanation for the Eira vote. Fascination with the no voting (again) and given it seems so important to him, why has he not applied the same thinking to Malcolm? I mean, the first paragraph is a narrative of what happened and doesn't actually indicate why he thinks Eira is scum. The whole post has a lot of words but doesn't actually say why what Eira has done is scummy.

Eira wagon; Eiralox (5): Confidently Wrong, Irrelephant11, Fredrick A Campbell, Cat Scratch Fever, Loftwing

Is that all town? Seems unlikely.

LAMIST, don't anybody dare hammer my scumread!

He is first to jump off the Eira wagon though, which gives me some pause. It is, though, after Irrelephant mentions he has lost his Shoshin and Mala reads. pre-emptively sheeping by voting Mala.

Random vote on Lowell. Literally, aside from talking about low content posters, this has come from nowhere. Or has it? In Irrelephant says that Mala is town...and just like that, Fred backs off Mala. Not only does he back off Mala, he again chooses to go for the LHF. We're now 31 pages into the game by the way.

A horrific explanation for the shift in votes.

Why is he asking why Loft is town? Angling to join the wagon? He has shown no previous interest in this player.

Declares intent to hammer Loft? WHAT? Where did this come from? After some talk about Fred possibly being scum he speeds up his 'timer' for hammering Loft.

Can anyone guess who recently joined the Loft push before Fred decided it was good for him, too? You get two guesses.
Spoiler: Who is it?
It's Irrelephant (again!)

Justification for the Loft vote. It's simply appalling that this late into the game, all of Fred's reads amount to 'but they're not doing anything.' He has sheeped either CW or Irrelephant the entire game.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:34 am

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Now vote Fred.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:50 am

Post by Lowell »

Fine. I’ll be white-knighting scumBBTs errand boy if it gets us a vote.

vote Fred

I guess this ship has sailed, but man does that ever seem like a fake-claim. Never heard of a neighborizer—why would it exist in a mini.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:58 am

Neighbourizer used to be fairly common when I played. Again though, it can come from either alignment. Which makes me think Loft is more likely to be town because scum come up with a better claim?
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:10 am

Post by FancyPants »

In post 935, Lowell wrote:Fine. I’ll be white-knighting scumBBTs errand boy if it gets us a vote.

vote Fred

I guess this ship has sailed, but man does that ever seem like a fake-claim. Never heard of a neighborizer—why would it exist in a mini.
Are you suggesting that you'd prefer to vote out a townie than not elim? Or are you suggesting BBT is bussing.

This post comes across as scummy as hell. Why sheep a player you believe is scum.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:13 am

Post by Lowell »

Enough pearl clutching. Do something
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:20 am

Post by FancyPants »

@BBT, I think your case on Fred has some merit, I do think his vote on Eira - subsequent poking, and then his vote off are fine, his pressure vote on mala is also fine he explains that he wasn't looking for her to hang.
His worst vote is for Loftwing, but it's far worse if Loftwing is scum I feel, I don't think scum Fred jumps on a town-loft for no reason, but I can see it being a bus. The justification for voting Loft from him was kind of a lurker thing which he has shown interest in chasing.

I see what you're saying but I'm not fully convinced.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:21 am

Post by FancyPants »

In post 938, Lowell wrote:Enough pearl clutching. Do something
I'll vote before I go to sleep tonight.

I'm just trying to be as sure as I can be.

So to be clear you won't answer the question?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:27 am

In post 939, FancyPants wrote:@BBT, I think your case on Fred has some merit, I do think his vote on Eira - subsequent poking, and then his vote off are fine, his pressure vote on mala is also fine he explains that he wasn't looking for her to hang.
His worst vote is for Loftwing, but it's far worse if Loftwing is scum I feel, I don't think scum Fred jumps on a town-loft for no reason, but I can see it being a bus. The justification for voting Loft from him was kind of a lurker thing which he has shown interest in chasing.

I see what you're saying but I'm not fully convinced.
His votes in and of themselves are not the point. The point is the fact he has sheeped CW or Irrelephant the entire game and has provided barely any original thought.

He has pushed LHF the entire game - this is fine for 15 pages I guess. But at some point you have to start providing actual validated scum reads. He isn't doing this.

His vote on Mala...the point was what? Just because he prefaces it with 'it's not for an elim' that makes it a good vote? If it's not for elim, then what is the point? Because as soon as you preface with your vote with that then it becomes an empty vote doesn't it?

Scum!Fred has jumped on almost everyone with no reasoning. He has sheeped Irrelephant and CW. Why would Loft be any different? Like, the vote literally comes from nowhere.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:30 am

In post 939, FancyPants wrote:The justification for voting Loft from him was kind of a lurker thing which he has shown interest in chasing.
Loftwing has more posts than Lowell, Malcolm, Cat, Kenny and Shoshin. I'm not sure a 'lurker' push is sufficient reason I'm afraid.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:36 am

Post by Lowell »

In post 940, FancyPants wrote:

Are you being serious here or what?

It’s D1, I’m not doing a no-elim. Any of you idiots can be scum. I’m not dogmatic and ppl who are are suspect to me. Stop performing outrage about votes and do something.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:46 am

Post by Lowell »

In post 937, FancyPants wrote:
In post 935, Lowell wrote:Fine. I’ll be white-knighting scumBBTs errand boy if it gets us a vote.

vote Fred

Are you suggesting that you'd prefer to vote out a townie than not elim? Or are you suggesting BBT is bussing.

This post comes across as scummy as hell. Why sheep a player you believe is scum.
Also, to be clear so I know what you find “scummy”: you’re saying a town player would not say “this guy is scum, meh okay I’ll sheep him” but a scum player would indeed say “this guy is scum, meh okay I’ll sheep him”?
Confidently Wrong
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:56 am

Post by Confidently Wrong »

VOTE: eira
Confidently Wrong
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:57 am

VOTE: lowell
Powerlim this
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:58 am

Post by FancyPants »

In post 943, Lowell wrote:
In post 940, FancyPants wrote:

Are you being serious here or what?

It’s D1, I’m not doing a no-elim. Any of you idiots can be scum. I’m not dogmatic and ppl who are are suspect to me. Stop performing outrage about votes and do something.
Ok that's fine, you're not confident about a scum read from BBT got it.
In post 944, Lowell wrote:
In post 937, FancyPants wrote:

vote Fred

Also, to be clear so I know what you find “scummy”: you’re saying a town player would not say “this guy is scum, meh okay I’ll sheep him” but a scum player would indeed say “this guy is scum, meh okay I’ll sheep him”?
The point is - there is already a wagon going, why specifically follow the one person you suspect the most when they start a new wagon. That's weird as hell.

As for you telling me to do something I don't know what the hell you're talking about. Asking questions is doing something, this conversation right now is doing something. If you mean "vote" I've already said I will do so before I go to sleep tonight.

Why is me trying to figure out who the best vote is "not doing something".
Confidently Wrong
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:58 am

Im not frankly surprises that loftwing ended up being PR
I also believe Fredrick is a PR so they're off the fucking table
Confidently Wrong
Confidently Wrong