Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2450 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:45 pm

Post by Malakittens »

VOTE: PoP

Still think this is scum.
Tbh I should have copped instead of Greeting, but I wanted to be sure.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2451 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:48 pm

Post by Crescent »

"I scanned the guy who voted off scum day 1 and tried to vote off another scum day 2 until he finally did it day 4 and then got shot for it. I have nothing to add."

"Oh shit my previous bus on my scummate is being exposed quick let's bus him again and lament that I should've scanned him instead."

I mean that's basically how I am reading the timing of Mala's vote there.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2452 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:55 pm

Post by Enchant »

I now suspect crescend for big post, it was average before "if Unsure is town", which is not possible considering Unsure literally claimed mafia even before hammer. Therefore this bullshit was writed without real look at the game and is worthless.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2453 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:57 pm

Post by Crescent »

Uh.

Unsure was not outed as scum until several hours
after
that post.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2454 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:58 pm

Post by Enchant »

Wdm, you writed that just today
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2455 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:03 pm

Post by Crescent »

I literally wrote in that post "Before Unsure was outed as scum, I brought the point up that we were probably fucked if he was town" when giving FK the summary of my play that they asked me to give them.

Nowhere in that post do I ever insinuate Unsure is town... And why would I? He was confirmed scum. The only post I insinuated he could be town happened about 4 hours before Unsure was outed. I'm not just going to ignore it in giving a summary of my play just because it's no longer relevant.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2456 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:05 pm

Post by Enchant »

So you don't recheck what you send?

Do you even care?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2457 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:06 pm

Post by Enchant »

Also no chances i believe Mala, so she still need to go.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2458 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:10 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Well I am a cop

So whatever

I can see both Unowen being together with a flipped rb’r for scum
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2459 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:11 pm

Post by Crescent »

Of course I do. I'm like that. I also just rechecked it again.

And you're just... Totally making up a narrative that doesn't exist. The words "If Unsure is town"
never even appear in this post

The words "If Unsure was town" appear
exactly once[/i[.

Like to sum this up: You spewed a blatant falsehood, then accused
me
of not caring.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2460 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:12 pm

Post by Crescent »

Wow I totally botched my formatting again.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2461 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:13 pm

Post by Enchant »

I don't need to get EXACT WORDINGS of your shitposts
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2462 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:15 pm

Post by Crescent »

So basically... The reason you are now trying to call me scum doesn't exist, has been proven not to exist, and your response is effectively "yeah w/e".
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2463 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:18 pm

Post by Enchant »

Stop trying to speculate because i used "is" instead of "was", it's serious business here.

This line still shouldn't had exist.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2464 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:31 pm

Post by Crescent »

I do find it super interesting that this is basically the first time Enchant has really ever gone on the offensive all game, and he is sticking to it despite his reason for it being instantly destroyed.

The "line" in question was from a summation of the post I made just 10 hours previously. It is the only reason it exists, and it absolutely belongs there because it is in fact something notable that I said in the game. It's a single line that isn't out of place at all in a wall of paragraphs. This is being used to call me scum and to accuse me of "not caring about the game". If I don't care about the game, why the hell am I spending 2 hours writing a wall to begin with? It's an openly contradictory stance to take, especially since I knew what he accused me of writing most certainly never appeared in that post, which makes all my subsequent responses to him make total sense and contains no grounds for such an accusation.

So essentially, he's accusing me of being scum without any basis, and accusing me of not caring about the game without any basis, and he's clinging onto both.

I take that second accusation personally though - No one overall has put more effort into this game than I have.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2465 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:35 pm

Post by Crescent »

What's also interesting is that Prince's immediate response was to say he agreed with almost everything I wrote. It's kinda stark just how different these reactions were.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2466 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:36 pm

Post by Enchant »

Instantly destroyed, lmao, by pointing that i misplaced one word.

Why send outdated post at first place? To show off. I am not falling for this charade.
Prince of Paterson
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2467 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:55 pm

Post by Prince of Paterson »

In post 2465, Crescent wrote:What's also interesting is that Prince's immediate response was to say he agreed with almost everything I wrote. It's kinda stark just how different these reactions were.
Not very surprising, I would expect, since you mentioned my previous stance in the post and essentially said that you agreed with it, with the caveat that I could be scum instead.

Also, Mala voting me after you and Owen express suspicion of me seems to me like it is clearly trying to create exactly the reading of it that you had. She knows she's the elimination today.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2468 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:07 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2467, Prince of Paterson wrote:
In post 2465, Crescent wrote:What's also interesting is that Prince's immediate response was to say he agreed with almost everything I wrote. It's kinda stark just how different these reactions were.
Not very surprising, I would expect, since you mentioned my previous stance in the post and essentially said that you agreed with it, with the caveat that I could be scum instead.

Also, Mala voting me after you and Owen express suspicion of me seems to me like it is clearly trying to create exactly the reading of it that you had. She knows she's the elimination today.
Oh I know. I wasn't particularly sure about it when I said it and kinda wanted to see if Mala would do anything else. In any case, Enchant basically just inventing an argument out of nothing to accuse me of both being scum and not caring about the game and it feels super desperate how he clings to it. It's like he tried to both assassinate my alignment and my character at the same time for effectively no reason.

Like, frankly I get thinking I could be scum. I'm the post leader and have had tons of exposure all game. My vote on Meg was relatively inconsequential day 1, even if I looked good in making it. I am the primary reason Fred was voted off day 2. I am a major reason MT was voted off day 3 (Though I believe it was a good kill regardless, and at least I got caused Mala to effectively claim scum in the process, I guess?). What he's spewing is not any actual reason to call me scum. It's a single NAI line from a massive post that says nothing. The thing that really sticks out though is that there is absolutely no basis on which to ever accuse me of not caring about the game. That especially feels like a blatant attempt to devalue me when it's pretty obvious how invested I am.

Further, I had already pondered if Greeting's kill was scum attempting to make me look bad (I almost said this earlier, but I didn't want to reveal this thought too soon), and here comes Enchant on the offensive against someone for the first time in the entire game.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2469 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:32 pm

Post by Lowell »

Don’t understand the night kill at all—unless there was fear of a protective role I guess.

Speaking of, are we still mass claiming or what?

I believe mala to be scum, looks like the role has mostly given up tbh.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2470 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:23 pm

Post by Crescent »

If scum had any fear of a protective role, they don't shoot Gamma night 2, as that was the most obvious kill in the world. Greeting was pretty certain town after Unsure's flip, and one of the strongest players in the game. Honestly it wasn't a bad kill, I just didn't expect it given their previous three.

Anyways, after that frankly embarrassing attempt to discredit me as "shitposting scum" by Enchant, I'm still pretty sure the last one is him.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2471 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:26 pm

Post by Crescent »

On a side note Lowell given you are essentially confirmed town at this point you don't technically have any need to claim at all, and you certainly shouldn't claim before everyone else in the game has anyway.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2472 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:58 pm

Post by geraintm »

Quickly checking in (daughters birthdays today).
I cannot see me voting anywhere but mala today. Anyone not voting mala stinks
VOTE: mala
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2473 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:01 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

VOTE: Prince

I actually have a very specific read on Prince in that I specifically read them to be the scum doctor Datisi referred to in their first post.

I propose that if I'm wrong about either Prince's alignment or their role then you execute me tomorrow.

I'm fine letting mala continue to do...whatever it is they're doing in this game, it's cute. I still think there's like a 5% chance they're Town.
In post 2425, Crescent wrote:Then Gera made a post I don't see scum Gera making (and later made a second).
In post 2425, Crescent wrote:Gera feels completely different to how he felt in 2273... Though he kinda feels different to how he felt in 2272 also. In 2272 he really didn't do anything and in 2273 he had a lot of forced logic. I don't feel like that forced logic is coming from him here. He doesn't look like he's playing afraid, and he doesn't feel like he's tired out like he was in 2273. Gera also came to a conclusion all the way back on post #1678 based on vote history that looks strong now: Vivax-Enchant-Unsure.
Props to you on noticing these because I wasn't able to eliminate gera as a suspect during my own read through of the game. I'm assuming you're correct and that the game will end after mala and Prince are finally executed.

In post 2425, Crescent wrote:Day 3 was a low-energy mess from the entire game. I wanted Enchant and Prince dead the most, by far. Like half the game got trains at random, until Enchant/Prince both had trains that stuck. Enchant's train (Like many trains before him on day 3, such as Owen's) looked so bad at the time that I essentially wanted nothing to do with it. This is when things started to actually move. Greeting felt like he suddenly went from townreading Enchant, and null reading Prince, to scumreading Enchant, and townreading Prince. The situation made me super paranoid, and I put Prince -2 (I've been openly paranoid of Greeting). I also noted that Prince had been mirroring Owen a lot, in a similar way to how Carcalilly did with DWLee in 2272. This made me think Owen was probably town if Prince was scum. However, when Mala popped in from her inactivity to vote Prince -1, I quickly got off because I trusted her even less. It was then that Andante and I drew attention to the fact that MT had been calling Enchant scum all day, but had flat out ignored ever talking about the train on Enchant. He was even defending Prince at this time, so it was a direct contradiction between his words and actions. This combination of factors made me identify Prince as a likely target for an ML, and I started to scrutinize the circumstances surrounding him further.
I think that what happened here is that you lost confidence in your ability to read the game. I think Greeting played really well up to this point and then started playing poorly and it surprised you and you second guessed yourself.

FYI I thought Greeting played well again on D4. I'm not sure what happened on D3.
In post 2425, Crescent wrote:And that does just leave... The totally OCD Vivax who I townread on page 1 of the entire game. There is one interesting thing in this ISO from yesterday: Vivax shaded me for thinking Andante was a bad train. I thought Andante's train was awful regardless of her alignment and correctly guessed her alignment based on seeing a lot of myself in her reaction.
I townread Vivax right away too. Reading Vivax posts was a high point for me during my readthrough of the game.

The Andante train was awful though. I don't think Vivax was being objective here. It's also interesting that you saw a lot of yourself in Andante's reaction, and Vivax said some really positive things about your meta earlier while Andante's play seemed to leave a lasting negative impression on Vivax.
In post 2448, Crescent wrote:Objective analysis I've totally overlooked actually doing! Yay!

Prince of Paterson [6]: Enchant, Lowell, Andante, Vivax, Crescent, Malakittens
Enchant [4]: Prince of Paterson, Unsure, Greeting, UNOwen
Vivax [1]: geraintm
Malakittens [1]: Firebringer

not voting [1]: MalcolmTucker

Starting from the top:

Unsure was scum, Greeting and Owen were both defending Prince at the time.
Gera had a list of 3 potential scum, and
Enchant
was there, but not Prince.
Prince
is
in Fire's pool, but so is Mala (His most recent vote). This doesn't feel like it would be a characteristic time for Fire to hammer. Fire also never once at any point in this game actually voted Prince.
MT was defending Prince.

Owen is correct in that Prince was under effectively no serious threat of hammer here. It just looked on the surface like he was, and I didn't dig deeper like I should've. All but one person not on him was either defending him, or flipped scum. So yeah, I take it back. I could see this being a calculated gamble trying to desperately make one of them look better with none of them in our towncore.
Now that you've done this I'm pretty sure the game is solved and there is nothing left for me to contribute.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2474 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:03 pm

Post by Enchant »

VOTE: Prince

Aye, let's kill Prince now.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”