Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2675 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:08 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Okay finally I'm figuring it out.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2676 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:12 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 2674, Frogsterking wrote:I'm determined to answer. I'm sloooooowly interpreting what you're asking.
Sorry, wrong interpretation UNVOTE:
You shouldn't assume I play this game if not to lim mafia in it, there's a postgame after the post game. Maybe I'm just too different in that regard and it's only normal to me?
I've gone almost (?) 10 years always playing to win and I don't intend to change that now, it'd give me dissonance nightmares because I am strict with myself to uphold game rules I signed up for, and have a track record of never getting host-sanctioned on the previous forum.

I can give leeway, but I don't hand out free wins :good:
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2677 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:20 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I'm still trying to understand
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2678 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:23 pm

Post by Vivax »

aaaaahhhh I'm so evil

Just The Dude usually, but Walter Sobchak in mafia games

p-edit: What do you mean? If NKs keep up the same pattern as usual, that's what should happen. The post should be easy to understand especially after you've laid out the pathing method.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2679 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:52 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 2652, Vivax wrote:
Looks like you changed your opinion of me there after I listed reasons for FP to be scum, but you didn't follow up with changing your opinion of them as well
i dont think i mentioned your posts about frogsterprince? i don't think i changed my opinion on you based on that?
i was talking to crescent, and you chipped in about something else i am got confused.
In post 2652, Vivax wrote:
In post 2651, geraintm wrote:
This quick wagon sure seems interesting. Gonna note it for later
This looks like you knew it was on town

Are you scum for extra knowledge? I can't find a rational explanation for your reactions if you aren't
nope, no extra knowledge, it was just me snarking at people when i see stuff that i don't like. you know...you can spot stuff that looks bad and call it out.

@ crescent - so, i am not sure what to say. i cannot fake other people's reads on me, i just play as i play and thats it. you can fake your own reads on people, but getting a whole bunch of people to all read you as town isn't something i can control.
i am a low level poster, i get more active as the game narrows down and more info comes out (though it feels like this game has run out of information now) and it didn't help that yesterday i didn't get to post at all and the day before i voted Mala straight off as i was convonced they were scum and i didnt get into much in the way of back and forth with people.

you do say that people don't mention me much....but i reckon if you went through everyone in the game (including yourself) no one has any interaction with me. somehow people just don't bring me into arguments, or else i don't get involved in them early doors because i think they are pointless. using lack of interaction between me and confirmed scum doesn't mean anything.

votes - dunno, you have gone back through them better than me. my off hand memory is i was stuck on vivax for ages, they've been a horible slot for me as i just am/was convinvced no sane player could vote like they have. i believe i voted off both scum - and i just checked
In post 2661, Enchant wrote:Eh. I believe if you really try, you can find reason to scumread/townread anyone.
this ^^

Frogster - i dont understand your pathway thing on enchant
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2680 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:06 pm

Post by Vivax »

So do you want to vote Crescent or not, Gera

I feel almost bad for the failed pranksters of 2019 who made a very unwise decision. If you know you know, and you can't go back
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2681 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:16 pm

Post by Vivax »

Either way, it‘s nothing new under the sun, even when a few fools thought they could trick things with a cheap copy
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2682 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:25 pm

Post by Vivax »

Indulge me while I keep roleplaying

When you make a deal with the devil, you get the temporary benefit, but whatever ignorantly drove you to make that deal gets the gratitude, and the long end of the stick down the road
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2683 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:30 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 2680, Vivax wrote:So do you want to vote Crescent or not, Gera

I feel almost bad for the failed pranksters of 2019 who made a very unwise decision. If you know you know, and you can't go back
Their push on me I know is at best mistaken and could be malicious. They are a player I cannot read and I have feared them being scum because when they are they'll best me senseless. I don't think do far this game I have said they are town or scum, but I don't think they should be eliminated for the possible pile
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2684 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:36 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 2683, geraintm wrote:
In post 2680, Vivax wrote:So do you want to vote Crescent or not, Gera

Their push on me I know is at best mistaken and could be malicious. They are a player I cannot read and I have feared them being scum because when they are they'll best me senseless. I don't think do far this game I have said they are town or scum, but I don't think they should be eliminated for the possible pile
What do you make of the way the D1 wagon on Meg happened?
So far, we have flips of three of them, and only one remains who is unflipped. Guess who?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2685 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:59 pm

Post by Vivax »

Write responsibly blah blah, roleplay take 2
Try not to fall when you pretend to be me to get the shining, I didn‘t have a choice but you did and you chose poorly
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2686 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:41 pm

Post by Vivax »

Sometimes I google apparently random times because I get the feeling they‘re telling me something, then I take a screenshot of what appeared to be relevant. Got a few on my phone. And it‘s very entertaining to revisit at times, but slightly crazy.
And the most recent one was...12:37
Didn‘t disappoint
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2687 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:25 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2667, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 2663, Crescent wrote:Like I seem to be doing all the actual work today but sure why not. I'm still keeping it to a pace I can handle in my current state. Unsure's ISO is a trove of information yay.
In post 2664, Frogsterking wrote:Do not underestimate the amount of work I've put into this day lol
In post 2665, Frogsterking wrote:I townread Enchant for a completely different reason if you want me to post it. I don't disagree with what you found, I just didn't think to look there.
Fine, be like that! The tell is called elimination by pathing and it involved you.
Psh I went back to bed~
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2688 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:26 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2679, geraintm wrote:Frogster - i dont understand your pathway thing on enchant
Can you try?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2689 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:42 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2679, geraintm wrote:frogsterprince

My boy!
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2690 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:49 am

Post by Crescent »

The pathway is pretty easy to follow, though I do think it contains a hole in it.

If Enchant goes for me right at the start of the day, I probably just kamikaze him. I had already thought about this possibility occurring a long while back. Like, talking 11 players left in the game far back.

I feel like neither Enchant nor Gera are actually providing us with a lot. Enchant just exists and I can't remember pretty much anything the guy has done today, and Gera feels reactive. He's now attacked my town read on Fire, and your town read on Enchant by "not understanding" them. Here's a simple progression with the current player list today.

Been calling Vivax scum since day 3
Challenged my town read on Fire/FK
Challenged FK's town read on Enchant.

I feel like Gera and I are at opposite poles here. I'm essentially redoing case point after case point trying to find reasons to cross off suspects, and he's trying to keep everyone as a suspect.

As for Enchant, he kinda looks like how I felt over the night phase. I really would like to see some more coming from him.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2691 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:03 am

Post by Vivax »

I'm just going to sheep Greetings legacy
Too grumpy to be a good influence on this game today, it's the bad kind of wtf-inducing posts

VOTE: Enchant
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2692 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:06 am

Post by Crescent »

Anyways my shakeup has led me to the possibility that Enchant is this game's 2272 DWLee, who was a player I eventually got to being town based on scum's actions rather than their own. The scumteam has been all over this guy all game, especially Unsure.

Interesting fact.. Greeting scumread Gera basically all day 1.. And I'm the one who talked him off of it. I think I singlehandedly caused half the game to townread him the same way I did Sultan.

Much like that game though, there is a better argument i can find for the other three players to be town than I can find for him being town. I'm flat out not scumhunting, I'm
town
hunting. Enchsnt was right about cases like this - You can find a reason to scumread virtually anyone. A lot of us have awful VCAs, but Vivax's early VCA and Fire's overall VCAs are pretty strong compared to Gera's being godawful, for example. They simply have more town points from their votes.

I started this day with Enchant ahead of Gera and my current analysis of their town points has flipped this. Vivax and FK are still off the table. At this point I am willing to bet the game on them being town, which is how a situation like this has to be approached.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2693 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:08 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 2688, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 2679, geraintm wrote:Frogster - i dont understand your pathway thing on enchant
Can you try?
so the 1st bunch of snippets are them all over Crescent

then you point out the 3 night eliminations, except Greeting died before all the snippets so i was confused by the placement of them here.

and then the post flip of Prince where they backed off from wanting Crescent dead.

what does Pathing mean though? You have i guess pointed out their path of thoughts, how it was focussed on Crescent, a bunch of townies died, and now they don't want to kill Crescent.

but i dont know what this means for your thoughts on their alignment.
sorry if i am being dim
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2694 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:08 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 2692, Crescent wrote:Anyways my shakeup has led me to the possibility that Enchant is this game's 2272 DWLee, who was a player I eventually got to being town based on scum's actions rather than their own. The scumteam has been all over this guy all game, especially Unsure.

Interesting fact.. Greeting scumread Gera basically all day 1.. And I'm the one who talked him off of it. I think I singlehandedly caused half the game to townread him the same way I did Sultan.

Much like that game though, there is a better argument i can find for the other three players to be town than I can find for him being town. I'm flat out not scumhunting, I'm
town
hunting. Enchsnt was right about cases like this - You can find a reason to scumread virtually anyone. A lot of us have awful VCAs, but Vivax's early VCA and Fire's overall VCAs are pretty strong compared to Gera's being godawful, for example. They simply have more town points from their votes.

I started this day with Enchant ahead of Gera and my current analysis of their town points has flipped this. Vivax and FK are still off the table. At this point I am willing to bet the game on them being town, which is how a situation like this has to be approached.
From a self-aware perspective, as scum I'd probably have to push the towniest players here
Enchants self-ownage is something I usually tend to townread, but it's also my weak spot. So off with the tinfoil today
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2695 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:10 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2691, Vivax wrote:I'm just going to sheep Greetings legacy
Too grumpy to be a good influence on this game today, it's the bad kind of wtf-inducing posts

I think I've talked myself off of Enchant, somehow.

But seriously I do want to see SOMETHING more substantial from him today before I'm committing to anyone.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2696 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:11 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2693, geraintm wrote:then you point out the 3 night eliminations, except Greeting died before all the snippets so i was confused by the placement of them here.
Say what
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2697 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:13 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 2695, Crescent wrote:
In post 2691, Vivax wrote:I'm just going to sheep Greetings legacy

I think I've talked myself off of Enchant, somehow.

But seriously I do want to see SOMETHING more substantial from him today before I'm committing to anyone.
I'm just going to seriously tinfoil here UNVOTE:
And say Frogster/Fire is the scum slot cause it started off with self-proclaimed scumminess then went into making posts that make themselves look townie.

Also, Frogsters approach today with the pathing nonsense aimed at getting me to scumread you smells bad
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2698 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:15 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2693, geraintm wrote:what does Pathing mean though? You have i guess pointed out their path of thoughts
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2699 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:15 am

Post by Crescent »

On a side note I just re-read Enchant's VCA and it's probably even worse than Gera's.

I'm deriving a lot of the possibility of him being town strictly by Unsuee's tunnel on this guy mirroring his tunnel on Malcolm, especially in a situation where scum was already behind.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”