hi, i'm large normal 242. and i'm over with.

MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:08 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 368, Fennec wrote:I'll talk more about my reads and all that shit once I get my sleep, Read all the way back like I have been doing lately for a list of Important posts.

also greeting how does me flipping scum, make toogeloo suspicious. like please tell me. like actually, how do you somehow, pull that out your ass though. Like why is that specifically, the name you draw from the hat as also scum if I flip scum? also, What is gamma doing specifically to solve the game here? Despite calling me someone pulling names out of the hat, I haven't seen a single more in-depth post from them. I don't find them scummy at all, I'm just wondering why that is the specific person drawn from the hat. and also, still asking why you thought cape was specifically good, like even cape pointed that out (Although, that was when I mentioned him oddly against all of your votes, and how you were so protective of him as well)
This is a weirdly defensive post from Fennec but I think it's ultimately quite townie and probably just tonal - if you're scum in this situation you probably don't want to draw so much attention to potential associatives like this. Certainly doubt both players are paired scum.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:10 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 372, Frogsterking wrote:After reviewing the thread (which is very easy to do due to the lack of bloat) I've decided I don't feel comfortable tunneling on Fennec and Fennec should probably be a Town lean despite Greeting's point. I also want to point out that Greeting's play is closely aligned with their scum meta rather than their Town meta. I mentioned earlier that scum!Greeting was capable of forging Town tells for the latter half of D1 and overall I suspect that's what they're up to with this Fennec push.

I think MariaR is the best place to go and I'm fine with someone hammering there if a flash wagon occurs.
Decent town vibes on Frogster as well based on this. Thinking the game out and willing to commit to reads when necessary but not just tunnelling either. I'm not sure why but I could see scum Frogster perhaps being more willing to push town Fennec here?
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:13 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 390, MariaR wrote:I've been trying to think of if there's a worldview where Frog is just a villa who is wrong but I can't get over the fact they just made up a worldview that never existed to begin with, and acted like they had this grand bait scheme. (didn't happen)

MT needs to have more votes on them, just look at that iso and tell me that's a villager mindset and not someone just watching from the sides taking shots posting busywork. It's such an obvious wolf iso
This is a lazy post and feels like an attempt to shift attention away from their Frogster read which clearly wasn't happening onto me. I've been relatively low activity so far but "watching from the sides taking shots" doesn't make sense, either I am watching from the sides and doing nothing or I am taking shots and committing to reads. Can't be both.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:17 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 459, MariaR wrote:I'm more confident on MT being wolf than Frog so I'd go MT>Frog after my flip. Glad to see I still got it on the "no one can read my slot" after a year away heh.
Again really not seeing why Maria is "confident" in me being scum and probably teammates with Frogster at a point when I'd made a handful of posts, a light scumread is fine if you so wish, anyone saying they are confident of scum who's made a dozen or so posts feels like they're making it up aside from the odd genial read.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:18 am

Post by Frogsterking »

I'm liking the catch up posts from MT but I will let others evaluate as I have wrongly sorted MT before.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:19 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 514, KittyTacky wrote:I'm getting really bad vibes from Big Chungus Gaming, like the slot they replaced is a scum slot under pressure and they're flailing, I'll finish my catchup to vote atl.
I agree with Kitty's read here, BCG's posts have felt pretty trolly so far but not in a particularly natural or relaxed way, like they want to avoid posting content of note while using a more comedic tone to hide behind that.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:20 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 562, Big Chungus Gaming wrote:Also mariar is one of the best players of this game so the fact we have scumreads that align is a sign i think she is town between frog/maria
One of Maria/BCG seems likely, probably not paired. A world where BCG relies on town Maria being killed to them attempt to gain town-cred here seems possible.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:24 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 634, KittyTacky wrote:Legit I can't find it, why the hell are there a bunch of naked votes on him all of a sudden.
Presuming my low activity and not having done much. Kinda get why I'd attract some votes for what's been lazy play up until now but if I do get eliminated I suppose it'll be informative to find out where the scummy votes are.

Maria's vote looked scummy - know I scumread them already but the fact they's voted me before and then came back on suggests desperation to just see anyone other than their own slot eliminated.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:25 am

Post by Frogsterking »

MT I'd like to hear your thoughts on Dragons now that you're almost caught up.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:26 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 683, Frogsterking wrote:MT I'd like to hear your thoughts on Dragons now that you're almost caught up.
I mean, when you're caught up I guess.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:27 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 636, Greeting wrote:I don't like the defense of
MalcolmTucker
too, in my opinion, he's done quite little to solve the game compared to the games I've seen him in. I have literally used the same excuse of "limbait" to try to sway town against eliminating an anti-town player when we both were scum together in Newbie 2100 (that is
KittyTacky
). Being limbait isn't really an excuse for doing nothing, especially if it's not the player's meta to do nothing every game (which, in my personal experience, is true for
marcistar
and
Toogeloo
).
I've been more active in recent games but an element of my inactivity came down to the site outage - was busy Friday night into Saturday and by the time I was ready to contribute again the outage had hit. Then was busy yesterday/today, just not had a lot of time to get involved really. The question is whether the people voting for me actually thinking I'm scum.

I'm generally mid-activity I'd say - there's been town games where I've not really been that helpful. In one of my more recent large games I got eliminated D2 because I'd done very little but I was town as an example. If you look at my scumgames I don't hesitate to muck in. In fact I'd say I'm generally consistently active as scum because I find it easier to feign reads than makes reads when I'm uncertain.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:31 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 683, Frogsterking wrote:MT I'd like to hear your thoughts on Dragons now that you're almost caught up.
Not sure I'm seeing STD scum to be honest. They'd not contributed a lot but it can happen as town, especially in large games if things get busy. Their early posts were sparse but I'd argue there's genuine reads/content there. Their response to you felt a bit over the top but quite genuine as well - do you not think inactive scum would at least want to make an attempt to get you onside?

I found it slightly surprising you went for that vote actually when catching up (albeit I skimmed some pages) because it felt a bit out of nowhere as a confident read given STD's relative inactivity. I don't think it's coming from you as scum though, just an area of disagreement.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:39 am

Post by Frogsterking »

UNVOTE: Dragons

I guess I'll think about it.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:49 am

Post by Charloux »

The votes are really spread out huh. Don't think scum are all focused on a single person and are spread out trying to divide our attention.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:46 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

malcolm r u going to vote for someone anytime soon
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:29 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 642, marcistar wrote:
In post 636, Greeting wrote:especially if it's not the player's meta to do nothing every game (which, in my personal experience, is true for marcistar and Toogeloo).
rude :pensive:
Lmao what
That take from Greeting seems rather wack
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 646, Enchant wrote:Imagine catching up only to discover there's 3+ pages which you also need to catch up.

Therefore catching up is pointless exertise.
I’m genuinely curious, how do you gather info upon replacing in? Past exp has shown you do actually read some of the game before joining iirc
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 650, Frogsterking wrote: is a flail defense if I've ever seen a flail defense before.
I’m inclined to agree
It’s also incredibly try-hard which just feels off in general for Fenrir
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:44 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 652, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 643, Save The Dragons wrote:why would you attribute that motivation to me being scum?
It's monologuing and parallel communication. Gives you time to double check everything you say and doesn't force you to interact with other players. It makes your slot appear more Townie on a reread than it should and is a very common scum tactic.

Basically this:
In post 646, Enchant wrote:Imagine catching up only to discover there's 3+ pages which you also need to catch up.

Therefore catching up is pointless exertise.
Enchant may have been joking but that's the vibe I'm getting from your slot. Game isn't moving fast either, so I think all the drama over catching up is just theater.
VOTE: Save the Dragons
Yeah this seals it for me
The points about monologuing and parallel communication is a very succinct way of expressing a trend I feel like scum players fall into sometimes.
I was already probably voting here anyway, this just makes me feel fine voting now vs. waiting until finishing reading
<Embrace The Void>

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:47 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 692, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 650, Frogsterking wrote: is a flail defense if I've ever seen a flail defense before.
I’m inclined to agree
It’s also incredibly try-hard which just feels off in general for Fenrir
Okay good I thought I was crazy tunneling there for a second and imagined all that into Dragons play. I'm more inclined to believe MariaR than I am Dragons.

VOTE: Dragons

PEdit

Hell yeah
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:05 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I have a couple weird misgivings about my Mariah wagon:
In post 119, MariaR wrote:
In post 118, Frogsterking wrote:Thank you for volunteering Maria.
Oh no.
In post 118, Frogsterking wrote:Can you talk more about which posts you consider AI vs NAI?
Sigh
that's effort? Don't you know how lazy I am? Besides the obvious RVS votes that are just >rand on if you want to call them AI or not, I think most of the stuff said so far has a level of effort put in that on a baseline looks towny (because people TR effort a lot) but on the stuff that is AI in and of itself? Not much, I suppose the conversation about Nero was the most interesting thing said in the thread so far besides the busywork questions.
I'm not sure scum include the strip quote or the
"Oh no" at the top here.
In post 462, MariaR wrote:You wish wolf me could be caught this easily B)
I associate boasting about scum play as coming from Town.
__

I think Maria is comfortable in the null bin. I think it's possible I reacted too strong against their apathy defense in . I don't think it's a good defense on principle and I've tunneled Town for responding that way before.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:08 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Marci do you still scum read Malcolm?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:00 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 668, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 665, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 663, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 661, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 658, Save The Dragons wrote:Not really I made like 10 arguments and you barely barely articulated one
Were any of them good though?
Yes

Try harder

I think you just randomly drew my name out of a hat and decided to double down on it and anyone who thinks you have a case is an idiot no offense
I reread and they weren't good. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man straw man fallacy, you're straw manning my case against you.

Also you claimed low activity != scum but there is evidence that there's a correlation. https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... _Detection MathBlade made a similar objection (and later flipped scum) when I accused him D1 in the large theme you just modded.
I am not strawmanning you if anything you are strawmanning me by picking and choosing what part of my case is important and what part of my case is just vaguely beneath you.

I still can't believe you are doubling down on me having work as me being scum.

Mathblade was low activity because he was sick not because he was scum
The thing is there is a way busy scum tend to play and it’s unfortunate to get called on it but it’s a real trend
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:03 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 670, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 669, Save The Dragons wrote:Can you take a beat and reevaluate your position or are you seriously dead set on crucifying me for not posting as much as other people while blatantly ignoring other offenders
I can yes, I'm choosing not to because I believe in my heart you are lying.
Bruh what is this word choice
What do you think he’s lying
about
?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:21 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I am very tipsy rn
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”